Disarmed (Vantus, closed)

Vantus the Isur enters Taloba

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Rage on July 17th, 2012, 1:22 pm

The guards allowed Vantus to struggle free and Jakai only sidestepped as the Isur flailed about trying to fight for control over his body. Perhaps it was the force of his own will, or the weakness of the ghost that was, even now, trying to possess his body, but Vantus stiffening earned him a somewhat approving look from the female Myrian. She could not stop the corners of her lips from rising at the sight of his panic-filled eyes, however. It was a familiar expression worn by those not used to being possessed. Few were those who would not cringe at the realization that they were not alone in their own bodies.

Jakai took one of Vantus' arms and strapped onto his wrist a small yet abnormally weighty stone. It was round and flat and had a reddish hue, with a hole drilled in the middle. Looped into the hole and knotted end to end to serve as a bracelet was, strangely enough, a thick braid of Myrian hair. The woman strapped on a similar bracelet upon the Isur's verdant arm before looping another stone, slight larger and heavier than the first two, around his neck. It settled just below his sternum.

"Do not take these off under any circumstance while you are in the city," she warned him. "I would know if you do. And if you do, the archers lining the walls above will find your heart. In such a case, pray that they do, or I will find you, and give you a hole similar to Eban's."

For emphasis, the Myrian tapped the stone resting on Vantus' chest. He would only notice now that the hole in its middle were not round like the ones on his wrists. It was diamond-shaped, like the crosscut of a spearhead.

"Not a good way to go, lingering for days before you expire from the wound."

With that, Jakai stepped back and gestured at the tunnel.

"The city awaits, Vantus of the Green Arm. You may enter now."

The Myrian remained where she stood, waiting to see if the Isur would proceed into Taloba or forgo entrance in exchange of being freed of the spirit now residing within his body.

Moderator's Note :
We can end the thread here if you chooses to enter, or you can linger to ask Jakai any questions about your 'condition'. If you enter, please add Ghostbead set under your Possessions upon the completion of this thread (once graded...I will include it in the XP post). It will remain in your inventory for as long as you are in Taloba.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Vantus on July 18th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Slowly but surely, he became accustomed to the spirit inside of him. Uncomfortable - but accustomed.

He stood still enough as the stones were placed upon him. The ones on his arms were smaller, but the one that came to lay on his chest was heavier. Still, there was no strain. As an Isur, he walked with a natural fortitude.

The Myrian touched the stone, warning him, before finally allowing him into the city. Taloba. The beating heart of the jungle. Wild, and yet so very accurate and wizened.

He hesitated. What price had he paid? Was strength worth so much to him?

"I...." he looked down for a moment, "I thank you. But may I ask about these stones?" he gestured needlessly. Then he swallowed. Was it truly fear? He was not used to the emotion, truly. "the... ghost. The spirit?"

OOCI won't linger for too long, but I think Vantus would want some answers briefly before he enters :)
Vantus
Army of One

Words: 3495
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2012, 1:31 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rage on July 21st, 2012, 3:14 pm

"Eban is there for your protection," Jakai explained. She gestured vaguely above her again, once more indicating the Myrian archers manning the thick stone walls that surrounded Taloba. "Without him, my people would kill you. So make sure you do not remove the stones from your person, like I told you."

It was as good a reason as any to present to the outsider, and it did not really matter to the Myrian if Vantus understood or not. Truth was, she had summoned the spirit to keep watch on the Isur so that none of her people did not have to. Not that Vantus would know that, of course. The more she made her explanation vague and confusing, the more the Isur would doubt and fear - and a fearful person was easier to control than one with a clear mind. The Myrians were all about controlling the select few they allowed within their city.

"Do not worry, he will not harm you," she added. This, at least, Vantus would sense, was true. Aside from the initial loss of motor functions, the ghost hardly made an effort to manipulate his body anymore. The Isur would still feel Eban's presence within him, however. But the ghost felt as if he was sulking, as if he did not enjoy possessing Vantus as much as Vantus did not enjoy being possessed by him.

"I will check upon you from time to time, to ensure that Eban remains bound to you. His escape would mean your death, deyhan."

And with that, Jakai waved Vantus towards the tunnel, this time with finality. Her eyes would follow his progress until he exited at the far end and moved out of sight.

OOCYou can choose to post one last time or leave this as is. Send me a PM if you are done with it and want the thread graded.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on July 21st, 2012, 10:18 pm

GRANTING OF XP

Vantus
Observation - 2xp
Persuasion - 2xp
Spiritism - 1xp

Lores:
[Myrian culture] Price of entry to the city
[Myrian culture] Deyhan...an insult?
Falyndar's weather and temperature: hot and wet
COnviction in the face of adversity
Inhospitality of Myrians
Myrian fascination of weapons crafted from metal
Control in the face of animosity
[Myrian culture] Magic is not welcome in Taloba
[Myrian culture] One use of ghosts among the Myrians

Contacts:
Jakai of the Patient Shadows

Items:
Item Name Cost Acquisition Description
Ghostbead Set N/A 42nd of Summer, 512 AV 2 bracelets and a necklace. Each one is made up of a single piece of round but flat rock, reddish in color and strangely heavy for its size, with a thick braid made from dark Myrian hair tied end to end serving as the cord for each item.

Eban the Ghost
Image Eban is the spirit of a human fisherman, recently killed after being accosted by Myrian patrol in the eastern shores of Falyndar, when his small boat was grounded by a heavy storm. His visual manifestation is that of how he looked when he had died - half-naked and half drowned, with a hole in the middle of his chest caused by the powerful stab of Jakai's spear. Despite, being killed by the Myrian spiritist, he follows her orders willingly, almost resignedly, and with little complaint. He is a quiet man, both in life and in undeath, and seldom speaks even when directly spoken to. Somewhat new to being a ghost, Eban is still not used to his new existence, and the abilities that come with it, to cause trouble. Skills: Fishing (20), Sailing (15), Possession (3).

Notes :
Congratulations on entering Taloba, and welcome to the city!

Feel free to use Eban in your RP if you like, but it's not mandatory just as long as you remember that there is a ghost possessing Vantus' body. He will remain with your PC for the duration of your stay in Taloba, but another storyteller can remove him from you IC if they decide to.

I look forward to seeing what stories you will tell while in the city of savages.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Previous