[Verified by Torchlight] Rayes Endeth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Rayes Endeth

Postby Ray on July 4th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Rayes Endeth
human, born 57th of summer 486
26 years of age
professional scoundrel
Last edited by Ray on November 24th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ray
Player

Words: 54228
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2012, 10:53 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on July 5th, 2012, 1:07 am

“Yeah, I guess you could say I got me a pretty face. That’s not always a good thing.”

Appearance

Ray possesses a face that is lean without appearing gaunt, cheekbones sleek and defined with a mouth that is almost always twisted into a self-confident smirk. His hair is a bright, almost white-blond that he oils back whenever possible in an attempt to suppress its natural desire to curl. He is of medium height, though he couldn’t tell you the exact number as he has never bothered to get a real measurement. Underneath his layers of clothing lies corded muscle, though there are usually bruises here and there that are in the process of healing. His eyes are blue, and depending on the light can range from the shade of the ocean to the color of ice. They glitter with heat, though whether with the thrill of a fight, joy of a dance or appreciation of a nice-looking lady depends on the moment. His eyebrows are nice enough, but his left one is broken by a scar he can barely remember earning and his story if its origin always changes.

On meeting, it can be difficult at first to place where this man belongs. Though young and bearing a health that would suggest a happy home and hearth, everything about Ray himself gestures to the contrary. His gait is strong, almost predatory and often borders on arrogant. His step usually bounces slightly as if he’s walking in time to some unknown music, and his gaze bears an everpresent challenge to any and all around him. His garb does little to soften his demeanor; preferring dark clothing, scuffed boots and never going anywhere without his beloved leather coat, he looks like exactly what he is: a magnet for trouble.
Last edited by Ray on November 24th, 2012, 7:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on July 5th, 2012, 1:20 am

Image“A good drink, a good brawl and a good lady. A man don’t need much more to be happy.”

Character Concept

If one assumed that Ray does not seem like the type to be born on the street they would be completely correct. One of the few to live on the rougher side of life due to his own choices, Ray not only fits into the night life, he breathes it as easily as he does the air. The world is just one big game, rules always changing and impossible to predict what’s coming next. So why worry?

Ray does not respect a great deal of things in life. He sees little value in others, in his surroundings, and perhaps respects himself the least. Life is a fickle thing that he stopped trying to understand a long time ago, and so he has stopped trying to move forward, instead just going wherever fate takes him. He could live through an encounter or he could die, and cares for one outcome just about as much as he does the other. Still, there's always that one thing, that one lady he's planning on meeting, that one drinking date he's got planned, that drags him through to the next day.

Ray lives for thrill. He charges headfirst into ridiculous odds with a recklessness that can sometimes seem suicidal, but Ray has no real deathwish. He does not seek out things he knows he will lose, but rather seeks out things he doesn’t know if he can win. He dances on the edge of a knife, tempting fate and laughing while he does it. He follows his impulses and lacks enough self-control to land him in plenty of bad situations while possessing enough skill and luck to escape them with a mere second to spare.

Nevertheless, Ray is still human, and as much as he tries to hide it he does have weaknesses. Though he’d beat the world to a pulp before admitting it he is a hopeless romantic, and with an ever-expanding sea of one-night affairs with no other purpose than pleasure he sometimes wonders if he even knows how to be in love. Despite the fact that he has never truly fallen for anyone, love is one of the things he desires most, even though he hypocritically pushes anyone away that tries to get close to him and fills his night with countless women that he will more likely than not never see again.

Ray's survival instinct was pounded into him early, and as such he has a number of little quirks that accompany it. For instance, his unremarkable height causes him to seek out tall things to sit or lean on, and when he meets someone the first thing he ever does is size them up and try to determine combat skill. He is inherently gifted in the art of pissing people off, though he does try to tone this down and stay on the good side of any lady he meets.

Last edited by Ray on November 24th, 2012, 7:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on July 5th, 2012, 1:48 am

History forthcoming...
Last edited by Ray on August 10th, 2012, 10:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on July 5th, 2012, 6:10 am

"You can tell who a man is by what he can do."

Skills
SkillTotalSPRBXPLevel
Brawling3315153Competent
Seduction222002Novice
Acrobatics101000Novice
Drawing5500Novice
Rhetoric3003Novice
Intimidation2002Novice
Stealth1001Novice
Running1001Novice
Acrobatics1001Novice

Lore
The Habits of Syliran Knights
How to be a Street Gentleman
Exchanging Blows
Becoming a Brawler
A Damsel in Distress
Sneaking Through Syliras

Languages
Common (Fluent)
Fratava (Basic)
Arumenic (Broken)

Everything Ray says will be in the color of the language he is speaking in.
Last edited by Ray on December 19th, 2012, 12:30 am, edited 11 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on July 5th, 2012, 7:07 am

"My boots. Don't touch them. Ever."

Possessions
1 set of clothing
2 pairs of black cotton trousers
1 black cotton short
1 red cotton shirt
1 leather coat
1 pair of leather boots

1 blank book (heirloom)
1 raven feather quill
1 waterskin
1 backpack
1 set of toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
food for 1 week
1 eating knife
flint and steel

Housing
Ray does not have any permanent place to lay his head, and instead has 500 additonal gold mizas.

Ledger
ItemPriceBalance(gm)
Housing+500gm600
1 red cotton shirt-1sm599.9
1 pair of black cotton trousers-2sm599.7
1 raven feather quill-5cm599.6.5
1 oz vial of black ink-2gm597.6.5
Summer living costs-45gm552.6.5
Fall living costs-45gm507.6.5

Total:
507 gold, 6 silver and 5 copper mizas
Last edited by Ray on December 1st, 2012, 4:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on August 7th, 2012, 4:53 am

Thread List

Flashbacks
You're My Best Friend! (Alea) - 89th of Spring, 503
Ray has an interesting dream.

Summer 512
The Welcome Party (Avari) - 57th
Ray visits the Kelp Bar and gets acquainted with the Zeltivan populace.

And the Body Count Rises... (Gale) - 62nd
Ray gives a bit of his own flavor back to Zeltiva, dragging an innocent bystander along for the ride.

Causing trouble... Again (Nai'shee) - 68th
Ray catches a thief in the act and decides to join in the fun.

Views from Above (Gale) - 69th
Ray has a bright idea and drags Gale along once again.

Fall 512
Last edited by Ray on November 24th, 2012, 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rayes

Postby Ray on November 24th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Fire in an Empty Heart

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Ray.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Just Ray.
3. How old are you? Right now? Twenty-six.
4. What is your height? Dunno.
5. What is your weight? Dunno.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A magnificent bastard.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. I daresay they'd see me the same way.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hair. Seriously, how many people do you know with this color?
4. How physically fit are you? Very.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Black and red, scuffed and sturdy.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My ma's nice. My pa... not so much. Far's I know, they're rollicking around in Syliras.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yeah, got a little sis. Pretty sure she's still with my parents.
3. What is your extended family like? Not quite sure. Never stuck around when they visited.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Your friends are the family you choose for yourself. Simple as that.
5. Do you treat animals like family? ... huh?

1. Where were you born? Syliras. The good part.
2. Where do you live now? I rove. Like Zeltiva, though; I might stay there for a bit.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Yes.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? A tavern that's rough at the edges, with rough drink, rough company and rough women.
5. Where do you fear to be? Fear? Not quite sure if that's the word, but... I would prefer not to go back to Syliras, if I was given the choice.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Not sure if you'd call it a weakness, but I got this scar over my eye. You see it, right there? So, I was walking home one night when--
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Fine, if you don't want to hear that story... I'm left handed. No, really.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common, some Fratava and a bit of Arumanic. I suppose I sound Syliran.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I won't lie to protect your feelings. Some people don't appreciate that.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Got nothin' on this one.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Scoundrel. Professionally.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I love it! Sure, it may not be completely "honest," but the whole world's open to me this way. I want something, I just gotta figure out a way to get it and then I have it.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Nothing beats this. Nothing.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I don't know. I really like people more than I like their jobs.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? Knights. Ain't an honorable bone in their bodies.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? A troublemaker.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Getting a pit personal, aren't you?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Yeah, and who are you, anyway?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? ... fine, whatever. My Ma was the sweetest woman you've ever met. Never had a problem with her. My Pa was a different story, though.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Can't say I've got anything here, either.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? A tough one.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I got no problem with learning, just with learning what other people think I should learn.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? On the job.
4. How do you learn best? Down and dirty, making mistakes and moving forward.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Way I see it, we're always learning. We always move forward, so I plan to just take things as they come. Not much else I can do.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Nah, that's not for me. I move around too much; I may be gone tomorrow, so why get attached to someone today?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I like to think that I'm smart about who I trust. Some people you can, some people you can't. It's not as much about me as the person I'm trusting.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Yes.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. You sure you want me to describe this one?
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Alright, I know you don't want me to describe this one.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Yeah! That was a fun night. I was thirteen, I think. I might have made up a song, but I can't quite remember that part. I remember singing a bunch, though. And then laughing all the way home.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Awyeah!
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Hm... it's got to have substance. I hate stuff that's been watered down. I don't mind light to heavy drink, but there are some kinds that I prefer to stay away from. Drinks that're made just for the alcohol aren't very nice. Now I got nothing against alcohol, but it's got to have something else. There's gotta be some kind of taste and texture. Someone had to care enough to make something even remotely enjoyable.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Once. Got no idea what it was and got no idea what happened. Just woke up somewhere that I hadn't fallen asleep in with a massive headache and made my way back home.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Alcohol good. Drugs bad.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I like hitting.
2. Do you like to read? Sometimes. But only if it's interesting.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? People that think they can tell other people what to do and that they always know best. I don't mind being asked to do something, as long as I can see a good reason for it and especially if someone says "please," and when you've rolled with someone long enough to know that they know more than you about something then yes, it's a good idea to defer to their knowledge. If you're part of a team, then the leader might be best giving orders. But if you tell someone to do something and expect them to do it just because you said so, then we're going to have a problem.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Hit things.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? When my friends are rude. I'll probably pretend I don't know them until they stop.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Black and red.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Nighttime.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Oh, that's a tough one. I've seen a lot of beautiful things. Don't think I can pick just one.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like food that's hearty and stable. 'Specially if I can eat it with my hands. I hate food that's delicate, especially if you only get a serving the size of your finger. That's just annoying.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like clear summer nights. They're the best, but I wish they were longer. I'm not really afraid of weather, but I don't like rain.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Both. Depends on the situation.
2. What are your religious views? Don't really have any.
3. Would you be able to kill? Let's move on to the next question.
4. What are your views on sex? Yes, please.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? You gotta like it. You like your life, then whatever it is, you've made yourself successful. People should define their own successes.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? I've done a lot of bad things. I've done a lot of good things.
2. What is your greatest regret? I was meeting this woman, once. I was late. You wouldn't think that such a small thing would make such a big difference, but there it was. I just... didn't get there in time.
3. What is your best/worst memory? First time I ever scuffled. I was a young colt back then, 'bout half the height I am now. I was angry at something and wandered around, and somehow I got roped into a fight. Best thing that ever happened to me.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Dunno. I try not to think about it. If I do, I'll just make myself mad.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I done a lot of good things, but somehow, I get the feeling that this one's yet to come.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Brutally so.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Knights are all self-righteous bastards that think they rule the world, always know the best and are obligated to tell everyone exactly why.
3. What makes you happy? Warm belly, warm bed and warm company.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
5. What makes you angry? As I said, I hate people that expect others to do what they say simply because they said it.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Decently.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Me, myself and I.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Dunno. Don't get close to a lot of people.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. An ideal lover? Huh... they have to be attractive in some way. They should be creative and sure of themselves, willing to try anything at least once. Should be able to come up with their own ideas and be confident enough to try them. Witty is good. Playful is, too.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? I know people capable of protecting me, but I'll be damned if I ever put my life in someone else's hands completely. "If you want something done right, do it yourself;" that applies to survival, too. Trust can be powerful, but you should never trust someone that much without making a failsafe plan yourself.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Argue! Love it. Still, I know when to stop.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Social situations? I'd probably do best in a supporting role. Not a follower, per se, but someone that the leader can rely on. I can do a lot of things, if they're needed.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Depends on the crowd.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not really.
5. What do you think of others, in general? They're fun.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I'm adaptable.
2. What is your greatest weakness? Huh... don't know yet.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Am I not perfect the way I am?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I suppose that I would be messy. At least, if I had enough things to be messy with.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I like Kelwyn. They're funny, and their sphere of influence is a good one. Priskil's nice, too.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Haven't met enough of them to know.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? None.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I don't follow a deity.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Again, I don't have a deity.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Life.
2. What is the best part of life? Laughter.
3. What is the best part of death? Couldn't tell you. I've never died before.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Kicking and punching, bleeding and laughing.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? That I was a magnificent bastard.
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes