The Ground Never Settles[Kyra]

Clyde is out messing with the ground, and meets Kyra.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Clyde smiled at her. Offering to teach him to hunt... Well he supposed it could not possibly be worse than the last time a woman had offered him that... And that had involved a assassin who could make illusionary duplicates, that had tried to kill them, and a Valterric ghost, that had nearly broke him, forcing him to do immense magic...

"I would not mind learning to hunt. It has been awhile since I last tried... I suppose I do know a few tricks, that could be used in hunting... Though are you meaning teaching me to hunt know, or another time? As you said, it is getting late."

As they walked away, after Clyde had sucked away all of his res, and was no longer working on the earthen spike, there would be a small cracking sound in the ground, as the dirt shifted, and then the spike would fall over. Apparently Clyde had not set it into the ground well enough, or perhaps his magic had made it a bit unstable, allowing the spike to get loose. As it fell, it struck the ground, and it broke in half, snapping near the middle. Clyde would need to recall that... Things he made were not always stable... And messed up the ground a bit, in his hurry to do magic...

"Kyra... Nice to meet you. So, is this what you do for a living? Are you a hunter? What do you prefer to hunt with? I knew one hunter that preferred bows. And another, that simply strangled there prey with there bare hands."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on July 9th, 2012, 4:37 am

Kyra stared at him more as she continued to walk backwards in front of him. She couldn't imagine that hunting could be that difficult to learn. Although for her, it wasn't as simple as overcoming a hard task. If she didn't hunt then she didn't eat, that was all there was too it. "No, the sun will be gone soon. Though I usually hunt at night, but" She paused and looked him over again. "I don't think that would work so well for you." She continued to walk in front of him, her eyes watching him and his foot placement, making sure not to step on his feet or cause herself to trip. "I can teach you whenever you like, I'm always around." Finally getting bored, and probably starting to annoy him, she turned on her heels again and started to walk beside him.

In the distance a soft thud was heard from the camp behind them. Kyra turned back to see what the sound was and saw that the magic spike had fallen apart. She looked back to him and started to question the sudden collapse, but he didn't seem concerned and so she didn't bother. Walking along side him, she listened as he asked her more questions about herself, something that she wasn't much used too. " It doesn't matter to me what weapon I use. A bow is good for attacking prey that is far away. But if one becomes as the grass around them, they can easily close the distance and attack the prey directly. Daggers are good for shredding flesh, but one could achieve the same task with their fangs and claws."

Kyra had learned to hunt in her kelvic form as well as her human form. While in human form, she would use bows and daggers to compensate for the lack of claws and larger fangs. "What did you hunt with when you tried and failed?" She arched an eyebrow towards him, still in a mist and wondering how did his hunt go so wrong that he decided not to try it again.

They continued along the path back to the city, a path that was mostly dirt and created by wagons that were used to get to the cities and back. There were similar paths like this throughout the wild lands, although some were used more than others. "Do you live alone Clyde Sullins?"

After Marcelo's untimely death, Kyra continued to live in his old apartment. Sadly she wasn't as skilled as he was in performing for the people or stealing from them, so she had to find away of making money that suited her skills more. "What do you do for a living Clyde Sullins? Are you." She paused and suddenly stopped and looked around them. Her eyes widen, pupals became larger and leaving only a thin golden ring that formed a circle. Her small nose twitched and she clenched her fists tightly. "Looks like we're not alone."
???So I figured I'd add a bit of action into the thread, should we make it a bandit or something simple like a wolf?

Last edited by Kyra on July 10th, 2012, 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 9th, 2012, 6:59 am

Clyde reminisced for a few moments, recalling another time he had gone hunting, with the same woman... And had been attacked by a horde of yukmen... Now that he thought on it, he had some pretty bad experiences, but all with that woman... Maybe it was just that lady who was bad luck, and had made his hunting not go well.

"Sure. I would enjoy learning. Perhaps things would go a bit more smoothly with you. That last person, well she tended to attract trouble."

Clyde of course, was interested in the woman. Though she gave some odd answers... Talking about using ones fangs and claws? That seemed a bit... Odd... Or was this woman saying that she had fangs and claws?

"Fangs and claws? Do you uhm, use those often? Cant say that I really have either of those, not counting my guard dog here. Seems there is a bit more to you, than meets the eyes. And well... I tried... Well we did not really get much hunting done. We got attacked before to long, and interrupted, so I never got much hunting done. I did try a slingshot though... I know, weird."

Then she asked a really personal question. Asking if he lived alone? Well, that was a bit rude... A bit bold he supposed. Though he did think it was a bit funny, that she had called him by his full name.

"Yes, I live alone. Why do you want to know? Wondering if I have roommates?"

She went on to ask him some other questions, but froze mid-sentence, about the same time as Rye did. There was little need to go on and explain, to tell him they had company... He could pick up on how they had reacted, even if he could not sense them.

As soon as he figured out what was going on, Clyde began to exude liquid res, letting it flow out of his hands to drip down to the ground, and more billowing off of his feet, and dribbling to the ground out of the tops of his boots. He need to be prepared to fight, and it seemed a bit of earth reimancy would be best... Perhaps he could put to the test, the magics he had so recently been practicing? And if that did not work, he could follow up with some fireballs.

He concentrated his mind, feeling the res as a part of him, as it left his body, letting it soak into the ground... Feeling that pleasant feeling sweep through his body, as he did magic, and spent res... As he focused, soon enough, he heard the unmistakable sound of many pairs of boots hitting the ground... Had to be several people, at least three, maybe more. Looks like things would not be so simple as that... Within a chime they would be close enough to spot both of them... Though he was not sure what Kyra might do, how she might prepare.

oocMay have overplayed that effect. It was not a building falling over, I doubt my spike of earth would do much more than make a thud, let alone shake the ground.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on July 9th, 2012, 8:12 pm

She modded over his words as they seem to reawaken dormant thoughts within her conscious mind. She had heard the word cursed used before and the defining meaning behind it and had wondered if she were cursed or simply, as he put it "attract trouble." Her life, though so far short, had been riddled in chaos, change, danger, and the uncertainty of living to see the next sunset. While her time alone hadn't been unbearably unpleasant, the world had seemed anew and she saw it differently, if only because her situation made it so, but there was a difference. However, there was something missing, a lingering feeling in her stomach, a sort of emptiness. Kyra would spend days searching for what was missing so that she could feel whole again, just as she had before.

This caused the young kelvic to wonder about her purpose, or if she even had one. She had been told before by her loving mother, that Rhysol watched over them, he protected them and gave them a purpose. Since she had returned to Ravok, and even after her time with Marcelo, she looked for a sign anything to guide her on her path. She watched him still, even leaning closer to study his face as he told more about his failed hunting trip.

"I use them sometimes, but not always." Her response was short and to the point, leaving little to follow with, but did serve to answer the question he asked. Kyra found the man interesting and he was much more pleasant than others she had met in the city. He was different in that, and he seemed to enjoy talking a lot which was a good cure for her curious mind. She looked at him quizzically when he mentioned using a slingshot to hunt. Marcelo had taught her to use a slingshot for their act but she didn't see how someone could hunt with it.

"I was just curious." Another simple response, but there wasn't any intent or underline meaning to the question she had asked. Now that he had mentioned roommates, she wondered if he preferred to live alone or if he were looking for a companion. Often times the walls in her room would echo in the night, the sounds and voice's of others invading her room, sometimes causing her to venture out to investigate. Most of the time, she was met with a closed door, the sounds emanating from within were of anger, sexual expressions of joy, or simply a conversation. Other times proved of more interest and excitement as she heard cries of theft and murder.

Once their journey had been interrupted, and the presents of another had alerted her, Kyra frowned, and a growl began to grow in her throat. The figures coming toward them moved together, and although Clyde couldn't see them clearly yet, Kyra easily could. There were four of them, all dressed in what looked like homemade armor and attires. Without helmets their features were easy to make out, they were scruffy, a pale tent to their skin, jaws sunken and even their lips looked dry and cracked.

These were obviously not soldiers, bandits maybe or even just scavengers looking to make easy coin. Kyra moved back and closer to Clyde as the small group progressed forward stepped into the light of the fading sun. One stepped forward out of the four, he looked them over while rubbing at his chin and tapping lightly at the sword at his hip. "Hand it over, I want everything." His voice was loud and raspy, and his rotten teeth brought forth a horrid stench that even a human would dread if they found themselves close enough to smell it. "I won't ask again." He spat, the men at his side reached and drew their swords. He would not take no for an answer. "They look sad, and hungry. We should help them out, yes?"
FixedOkay, I misread that part.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2012, 4:01 am

Clyde simply looked at the men, as they came over, trying to be all imposing... Such tough guys, when they were four guys, against a guy and a girl... Really, they were so brave... Attacking like this. They did not deserve to even be called proper bandits... And surely were not citizens of Ravok, from there mangy appearance, or the fact of them attacking so close to Ravok.

Clyde continued working up his res, flowing it down into the ground, letting it soak in, and attach to the earth... In the meantime, he was blowing out a small cloud of gaseous res, with each breath. Really, attacking him? They were stupid... Fool enough to attack a mage...

He simply stood his ground, as his new companion moved back, and edged closer to him. It was a bit hard to tell, if she would be any good in a fight... Or perhaps he would have to kill her to, he suddenly thought... After all, she had maneuvered him here... For all he knew, she was in on it, had been tasked with guiding lone men into an ambush, to be captured by these men.

Well, he could not be certain... Perhaps he was being a bit overly paranoid... Or simply cautious... It was hard to tell, until after the dust settled, so to speak...

Then he was demanding! Demanding things of Clyde. Making demands! Of him! This mundane bandit, no more magic in his blood than a worm, and he was making demands to Clyde, a mage! Really, this was insufferable.

As the men drew there weapons, a sudden malicious grin came onto Clyde's face. He was feeling a bit feisty, after the impudence that had been shown. It certainly had nothing to do with his magic, which was constantly trying to convince him to do more, and the voice in his head saying a nice big showy bit of magic destruction and carnage, would put these people in their place... Or perhaps partially to impress this new girl... No, surely not...

"How about this? You leave now, and I don't slaughter the lot of you. Otherwise, every one of your lives are forfeit."

A few of the men laughed, upon hearing Clyde's words. One came forward, bragging he would kill him with one blow.

Clyde extended himself out to the res soaking into the ground, feeling it as a part of him. He held up his staff, and as he did the ground soaked with res did, attracted to the res like a magnet attracted metal. With a quick swirl of his staff, the ground spun, turning into a spike, a good two feet long. Then with a forward thrust of his staff, the spike was pushed, and launched right into the man who had stepped forwards right hip, stabbing into him.

As the earthen spike hit him, he let out a scream, and fell to his knees, dropping his blade.

Clyde simply looked at the men, anger in his eyes, and lit the exterior of the cloud of res he had exhaled, with a circular sweep of his staff arm, swirling the res into a ball. He stood there, a fireball hovering in front of him, and stared at the men.

"Looks like you made the wrong choice."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on July 10th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Kyra looked back puzzled by his sudden burst of laughter. Did he find the bandits as funny as she did, or was he perhaps losing his mind? She couldn't tell and so she simply smiled and continued to watch the four men who stood there with their shoulders back and chest pressed out. She stood there, a soft but not so subtle yawn escaping her lips, and reaching her hand up to lightly pinch the tip of the bow resting at her back. "He talks too much.."

Kyra watched as the scene continued in front of her, each man cocky in his own way. While the bandit showed off his sword and and interestingly crafted armor suit, Clyde chose to showcase his talents by words alone, as if the men weren't worth the effort. She started to feel bored and wondered if they would actually fight or if the masculine, chest pumping was all for show. Luckily the bandit did attack and Clyde was ready, showing off his earth magic by creating yet another spike, and sending it into the man's hip. Her eyes widen, and a smile formed at the corner of her lips.

Things were finally getting interesting again. She felt excited looking at the bandit's face and seeing the torment in his eyes as the pain and shock drove him to his knees and completely unarming him. Kyra looked to Clyde, who stood proudly over the fallen man and created a fireball. This was a surprise, and caused her to watch him even closer. This fire was a new trick of his that she had not seen and it looked much more dangerous than the spike that had just impaled the man. "Are you going to finish him?"

She thought to draw her bow and assist him, but he didn't seem to need her help at all. If the rest of the bandits were as weak as the first, then he would probably finish them all easily unless they were smart enough to run, though she doubted and even hoped they weren't because this was just too much fun. Finally, she pulled her bow over her head and held it down at her side and followed through by pinching an arrow from her quiver. As she raised the bow, she placed the arrow just above the handle grove and pulled it back tightly against the rear string, while she aimed it at the man kneeling in front of Clyde.

She smiled brightly baring her feline fangs as she released the arrow. Within seconds the arrow slipped through the air and buried itself deeply into his neck. The remaining men grew angrier as they watched their comrade drop to the ground twitching for air. A soft giggle, or perhaps a purr started to move up her throat as she raised her eyes to them. "Ready?"
Last edited by Kyra on July 11th, 2012, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Clyde turned to the woman, and smiled, speaking softly, and yet still loud enough for the men to hear.

"Dang... I really need to work on aiming my earth better... I was shooting for his gut, and I hit him in the hip! That was just pitiful."

He shook his head, as if he was really disapointed in himself, and smiled over at the men still on there feet. Surely they were not dumb enough, to still fight? Well, it was a bit hard to say...

The one man he had hit, had dropped to his knees, and dropped his weapon, clapping his hand over the spike just above his leg, inserted nicely into his hip. Stupidly, he was trying to yank it out, even though several inches of it were in there. All that would do, would make him bleed worse.

As he created his ball of flame, he looked at the men... Uncertainty in there eyes... Mixed with anger... They were not sure what to do... To run off, and cut there losses. To leave there ally, or drag him along? Obviously they were afraid of this person who had seemingly made the ground come alive, with a shift of one hand. And the fireball didn't hurt, as intimidation tools went. Often flame went a long way, in scaring people.

In this case, they were pretty close to there foes. At such close range, it was easy for Clyde to be precise. He could wait more or less till the fireball struck, to turn the core of res to flame, allowing him to control it almost to the last moment. Not like much longer range attacks, ones he had done and still had decent aim. And fire... Well fire was his best element... He had the most fine control over it... Was the most kin to it, of all the elements.

As Kyra asked if he was going to finish the man off, he thought for a moment. Better to let them live. If they did, and allowed them to drag off there friend, the fight could be over right there. He was about to shake his head, and tell Kyra no, when she took her shot.

He hadn't even noticed her taking out her bow. She had took it out, loaded it with an arrow, and shot the man, executed him really, with a arrow to the neck. Petch. Now things would not end. They were enraged, and would likely fight to the last. At such close range, with the man so exposed, already hurt... Really, it was easy enough for her to do what she did...

Of course, that man had not been moving... Or defending himself... No, she likely would not get such a lucky shot again... Certainly not a one shot fatal hit... The man fell to the ground, now clutching at his neck, the tip of the spike breaking off inside of his leg, and the rest of its length falling.

He made a quick glance at Kyra, and saw the grin on her face, at the death she had just caused. He heard her make a sound, similar to a giggle, but oddly more feline and animal like, as she looked at the men, and taunted them on.

Petch. Clyde tossed his fireball right then, guiding it right into the face and chest of another of the men, catching him off guard. As it hit, the flames exploded over him, catching his clothes aflame, and going down to his boots, and up to his neck and catching his head on fire.

He fell to the ground, thrashing and screaming, trying to put himself out.

Clyde prepared some more res, exuding it out of his feet, and down into the soil again, for another spike attack, holding up his staff as protection until he had enough out for another. The man would be to close for a fireball to be used safely, by the time Clyde had his res prepared.

In the meantime, the other two men were coming at them, one at each, the leader coming right at Clyde, and the only other man left standing coming right at Kyra. She might have time to loose one more arrow, before he got to her, and then would be fighting in close quarters against his sword.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on July 11th, 2012, 3:09 am

The look in Kyra's eyes matched the wicked smile across her lips. She was enjoying herself and to finally see Clyde's spike put into action surly made the fight that much more entertaining. She was young and wild, but she wasn't foolish. She knew that killing the simple man would anger his friends, but that was what she wanted all along. Blind rage was a very good way of making mistakes and getting one killed. However she was surprised at the look Clyde gave her. Did he want them to live? Even after they threatened him? He was a strange man indeed. Her former masters wouldn't have hesitated to finish off the bandit just as she had not. If that was the reason for the quick and cold look he gave her, she'd have to wonder if he truly had gone mad.

Kyra continued to stare the men down, her golden eyes were focused on them examining their facial twitches and body language. She had observed them from the moment they arrived and noticed the changes in their faces, the beads of sweat forming on their dirty skin and even the whiteness of their knuckles as they tighten their fists around their swords. It was easy to see what they would do and she had already reached for another arrow.

Suddenly Clyde decided to use his fire ball and thrust it at one of the men who instantly burst into flames and fell to the ground, trying in vain to put himself out. Kyra marveled at the sight, the flaming man dancing about in a whirl of patterns before crashing brought forth more giggles from the young kelvic. She would have loved to watch him for several ticks more but there was still more to do and as the men focused their attention on the flaming man and stepped away to shield themselves, Kyra brought the arrow she held to rest on the bow and tightly pulled back on the string as she raised it up and aimed toward them.

Just as the men returned their attention to the fight and started to race towards them. Kyra aimed her arrow at the one closest to her. Her earlier shot, although a wicked execution, wouldn't happen again and aiming to highly would risk the change of him dodging the arrow. The man moved quickly and right as he stepped in range with his fallen friend, she fired the arrow sending it directly into his left thigh. He groaned loudly, his speed hauled and leaving him to hobble. The shot didn't take him down as she had thought, but it wounded him and gave her time to put more distance between them as she loaded another arrow.

Still groaning, the man continued on as adrenaline propelled him forward. Kyra quickly moved back a few paces, trying to keep herself calm as she reached over her shoulder and pulled another arrow from her quiver. She continued to moved backwards, her bow lowered and nimble fingers icing to find the right placement for the arrow as the man perused her. He yelled and waved his sword wildly trying to slice into her or at least force her to drop the arrow. Once the arrow was finally in place, she took two quick steps back raising the bow and firing the arrow into his right thigh.

Another groan was forced from him as he stumbled forward, dropping his sword and grabbing at the arrow in his leg. Kyra was amazed that he was still on his feet, but even so, he could no longer walk. Kyra smiled deviously as she reached into her quiver again to lift another arrow and bring it to her bow. The look in his eyes were of horrific pain and even the slightest movement in his legs forced more groans from him. With her bow raised and the arrow in place, Kyra moved a bit closer to him. The man reached down, still howling in pain as he retrieved his sword and tried to ready himself, but as soon as he stood up Kyra fired the arrow into his gut finally bringing him to his knees with a thud. "Rhysol take you."
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 11th, 2012, 4:53 am

Most of the time, what Clyde did was measured. Logical, even if it did not appear so. His logic said it was best to let the men live... Not worth the fight... But Kyra had taken the choice out of his hands. Now, the only way to go on, would be to kill the lot of them. Personally, Clyde did not like killing. He did not kill humans for fun, and had not killed to many. And only when he had to...

So he was a bit aggravated, at being forced into this situation. But it did not show, as he was totally focused on the business at hand. Focused on staying alive, which he had grown very good at.

As he was forced to set one man aflame, burning him alive, more of her odd giggles could be heard, coming from Kyra... She was thoroughly enjoying seeing these men dying and in pain... Which was a bit disturbing... But he would not dwell on it... Instead filing it away as useful information to be used later... Perhaps her penchant for death would come in handy.

He watched with a bit of his awareness, as the girl launched an arrow into each of the mans thighs, one by one. Then she launched a third arrow, into his gut... Making him drop his sword once again, and fall to his knees in front of the girl. But he was not dead yet.

He was bleeding pretty well, and looking up at the girl, with pain and anger in his face. He could no longer move from the spot, was stuck there more or less, for if he moved it might jolt the arrow in his chest... Instead, he leaned down, and took out a dagger that had been hidden tucked beneath his belt, and began to wave it at the girl, stabbing at her if she got close. Slowly bleeding out.

Like a rat, cornered by a cat, he was left, flailing about, but unwilling to give up. All she had to do was to keep out of range of his dagger slashes, and she would be fine, since he was stuck... And in turn, she could easily play with him, let him live, or slowly bleed out, or even finish him off.

Clyde in turn, saw little of this. He was far to busy with his own foe. His combatant had come rushing at him. By the time he was there, he nearly had his res ready, and soaked into the ground. But he had to keep his place, for if he moved, he would need to shift were the res was... His trap was laid right here.

He was of course cautious, not wanting to provoke another spell, so the man did not immediately get close to Clyde. He stayed a bit away from him, feinting with his blade. Finally, after a few ticks of nothing but Clyde holding up his staff, defensively, he decided the mage was out of spells.

He came in, making a slash at Clyde, which he blocked with his staff. The blade caught in the solid wood, sinking in half an inch. And as the man jerked on the blade, and finally ripped it out, Clyde had completed his spell.

He took a step back, and slid his staff higher, along with his other hand. Then he thrust it forward, the ground mimicking these movements. Another spike rose out of the ground, a good two foot long, made up of dirt attracted by Clydes res. Much easier than transmuting it to earth. Then the spike shot out of the ground, Clyde spending all of the res in the spike, in one final push. It popped out of the ground, and the spike shot up between the mans feet, sinking into his crotch, a good 8 inches of it going in.

The man let out a high pitched scream, which turned into a gurgle, as blood formed on his lips. Then he tipped over, and fell onto his side, coughing up more blood. Even if he lived... Well he had little left to claim he was a man... The spike had gone the horrible way, up his manhood, and left little in its tracks... And after that, a good 4 inches of it had gone up inside of him.

"Well that could have gone a bit better..."

Clyde said, letting out a small sigh, and wiping his brow of sweat. He looked over at Kyra, and the man that had attacked him, to see if he was still alive, or if the woman had finished him off... Or perhaps done something else entirely...
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on July 11th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Blood was everywhere, small pools of the dark liquid oozed from the wounded and stained the ground beneath them. The smell was loud and thick, rising from the ground, and slipping into her nose. It was an odor that she was very used to and reminded her of the hunt. She only hunted animals for food and although hunting human's wasn't something she practiced, survival was a must. It had been the bandits that attacked and so she didn't feel remorse in ending their lives.

Looking down, she watched the man hunched on his knees a few feet away from her. He was a strong man, and refused to die quickly. It was only a matter of time at this point, the wounds in his legs, though not fatal continued to bleed out. The last arrow that she had fired sunk into his gut and was also bleeding openly. His time was almost up and the only thing that was left was for her to decide how to finish him. The injured bandit wasn't done though, his will to fight still driving him on as he reached under his belt and pulled out a dagger.

Kyra moved a bit closer and quickly stepped back when he produced the dagger and started to swing at her. She did this again and again, toying with him and angering him further. It must have been frustrating for him to lose to a girl and so he continued fighting. Kyra lifted her bow above her head and pushed it back down between the straps of her quiver to hold it in place. With her eyes focused on the man, she keeled down, bringing her knees and hands to the ground. She crawled slowly, stalking him waiting for the right moment to move in. The bandit yelled, even cursing her as he swung at her, using the little strength he had left to keep her back. Kyra moved a bit closer and around him but staying out of his arm reach. She wasn't looking to attack him or to take his dagger, there was something else she wanted.

Suddenly she moved in once she had gotten close enough, reaching out quickly, she grabbed at the handle of his sword and pulled it away from him. She wrapped her fingers around the handle of the sword and lifted it off the ground. It was much heavier than the tiny dagger she carried and the blade looked beaten up. Standing again, she moved the sword around in her hand while staring down at him. The bandit was tired, he had lost a lot of blood, yet he still continued to swing at her with the dagger in hand. Kyra moved closer, raising the sword in her hand and swinging told his arm. The swing had been wild, and the blade struck his arm flat, knocking the dagger out of his hand and leaving a small cut in his forearm.

The bandit was fading and out of breath and weapons, he stared up at her with hate in his eyes as he waited for the end. She smiled, bringing her tongue across her feline fangs as she gripped the sword with both hands and raised it above her head. A low grunt hissed from her lips as she swung the heavy blade toward his head. Another wild swing and guided mostly by the weight of the blade as it sunk deeply between his shoulder blade and neck. The bandit yelled out in pain, reaching out and gripping the handle of the sword that was lodged in his neck. Kyra looked down at her hands, her palms were lightly bruised from the way she held the sword leaving her pale skin reddish.

Another loud cry caught her attention and Kyra looked up to where Clyde was standing. He was standing there with his staff lifted into the air, looking across at the bandit that had suddenly stopped in front of him. There was something strange about the way the man was standing and as she looked closer, she noticed blood foaming from his opened mouth and the twitching of his legs just before he toppled over. Kyra wasn't sure what Clyde had done to him, but it looked painful.

A lower grumble of pain brought her attention back to the man at her feet, who was still trying to pull the sword from his neck. Kyra frowned, she had already grown bored with him and was more curious of what Clyde had just done. She stepped back a few paces and charged the man, and bringing a hard boot to his chin that put him flat on his back. "Well, I guess we should push on."
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext