Choices (Vanator) [completed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Choices (Vanator) [completed]

Postby Hex on April 27th, 2010, 10:38 pm

87th of Spring 510AV
Endrykas Market

Two bells after midday, they had agreed upon the time to meet and the day, being the 87th of Spring. Hex stood at the side of the path near the back of a large tent, wiggling her bare feet in the grass. The start of the warmer seasons had fully set in as summer approached, and the leather boots she wore for the colder seasons were far too hot to be warn and in such case she simply went barefoot. The soles of her feet were calloused hard and the jagged rocks she often walked upon went unnoticed as she ran during travel. Without this conditioning over numerous seasons, she would not have survived the grasslands for there is no time to indulge pain when a life is on the line; the beasts that roamed there simply did not have that kind of compassion.

She ran a hand through her hair, picking out pieces of grass and rubbing at her face to dislodge any dried dirt or dust that had settled on her skin. She washed her skin more regularly since she began interacting with Drykas, trying to fit in as much as possible by showing her lighter than Chaktawe skin. She was still darker than many who roamed the camps but lighter than anyone from her tribe - where ever she wandered, she seemed to always stick out, no matter who she was with. It was often impossible to place her into a specific race but her black hair and red skirt with light blue stones gave away her Chaktawe heritage. Even the way she walked gave away her desert roots, light on her feet with a confident sway in her shoulders that showed skill in surviving adversity. She had after all scaled an entire region on her own, and had covered a decent portion of Cyphrus. If she stayed with the moving city, she could see it all, but her priorities were limited to the current day and the current time. Despite all of her experience surviving in the wild, no amount of that helped her survive through the agonizing chimes while she waited to see Vanator after their long time apart.

The last time she had seen him, their last kiss goodbye was a promise to meet in Endrykas around the 85th. From the 80th on, Hex floated the market place everyday, hoping that he would find her - he always did. From midday to night fall she hung around the market and to sleep at night she often found a small spot of grass on the outskirts of the city within the protective net of the Endrykas webbed territory. She abandoned sleeping near the warmth of tents when she often got chased away by Ankals and their family members, not every Drykas was as accepting of Hex as Vanator was. She respected their protective nature over their families but it didn't help her in feeling connected to the culture she was so obviously a part of - even if it didn't seem so to the outside observer.

Vanator's scent was a tiny string of information drifting on the particles of air that swirled from the activity around her, and Hex was so sure he would be the next person to pass by her she only needed to be patient - he always had a way of finding her and she knew he'd come.
Last edited by Hex on June 9th, 2010, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on May 2nd, 2010, 11:54 am

The past several days had been busy and interesting. Most of Vanator's family, including his parents, were in Endrykas, having attended his cousin's marriage. The evening of the reception had proven most interesting. Then Kashik suddenly appeared. Now, the Drykas looked forward to spending some time with his friend.

Hex had always seemed like an interlude amidst the storms and chaos in his life. She was not entangled in the dramas of Endrykas, nor of the pavilions on the plains. Hex was an element of the grasslands themselves. She was his doctor, his confidant and had proven to be a caring lover.

Vanator drew near the location he believed they had agreed upon, turning from the main street to a path that ran behind the large tents. He saw Hex, her welcoming smile and sparkling green eyes already waiting. His pace quickened and he held his arms open as he approached her. Van embraced the small woman and flashed Hex a broad grin before giving her a warm kiss.

"Hex, it is wonderful to see you again, and looking so well! Granted, there were a few small blades of dried grass still in her hair, and a smudge high on her cheekbone. But Van did not care. Part of Hex's charm and allure was that she was as wild as the land she traversed.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Hex on May 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm

Through the sea of people emerged Vanator, his walk was like that of a predatory cat who stalked his territory with confidence and purpose. Hex, who had already been scanning the faces of passing Drykas with immense curiosity, spotted him as soon as the bulk of his shoulders breached her visual field. Holding a smile back was impossible as she considered how fortunate she was to have even caught such a man's attention. For the moment, he was all hers and she felt all the familiar signs of being in love - moist skin, aroused heart, and burning insides.

But the rift between them was apparent; if she was ever to share a love with Vanator, would she have to abandon her roots to fit into his culture? If she relinquished herself to the Drykas way of life, how would she maintain her hunger for the wild. She wasn't sure she could ever live inside a tent for a lengthy amount of time, let alone take part in the civilized activities of city folk. She was a mountain girl, not an Ankal's wife. The unease of this thought drew a black veil over her eyes, and thoughts of losing Vanator to the societal norms of his people scared her to death.

Their kiss was bittersweet, and even tasting his lips was filled with conflicting emotions for her, both pleasurable and tainted. His honey coloured eyes revealed little of what was on his mind and Hex avoided the urge to read anything below the surface without his explicit permission, it violated her power and compromised what she believed to be right of opinion. Discovering the raw truth was a dangerous application of her ability, one that had the potential to hurt her deeply if the truth threatened her.

"Come on" she interlaced her fingers with his and took the lead, pulling him through the maze of moving bodies to between pavilian camp sites.

They finally arrived within a short grass field, just past a group of camped tents and with all of the motion in the center of the city, they had as much privacy as two people can get living in Endrykas. Hex had errands to run and things to buy, but the way she felt about Vanator made her abruptly change her mind. She held her hands out to hold his as she walked towards him and then very quickly popped her foot behind his, sending him down onto his back on the ground. Amused and aroused, Hex toppled down with him and landed sprawled over him before she climbed up his body and pressed her lips to him in a kiss filled with laughter.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on May 3rd, 2010, 1:17 pm

Vanator let Hex lead him, a privilege only a few women had. Her small hand was strong, even as his larger calloused hand wrapped around hers. She was in a playful mood, that much he could see. Hex was a different woman around him now, no longer the sober ghost hunter that had accompanied him on a journey from Din to Endrykas last season. Their last meeting, by the river, and changed them both. Their friendship had taken a turn, sparking something that bound them even deeper. They had become lovers.

Now, seeing Hex for the first time since that precious encounter, the desire for her kindled again, the joy he found in her presence bubbling to the surface. His grin broadened as she stopped in the small field, ane he willingly gave her his hands. Her sudden attack caught Vanator completely by surprise, and he let out a Whoa! as Hex swept his feet out from under him. He landed with a thud, then an Oof! as she landed on top of him. He laughed out loud, deeply, the sheer shock of assault filling him with admiration and mirth. What were those folks around them thinking, seeing this small half-blood Chaktawe topple the son of an Ankal.

Hex muffled his laughter with her kiss, both of them bursting out again as their lips tried to connect. When they finally did, Van wrapped his arms around Hex and gave her a deep kiss, unconscious and uncaring of who may be watching. He had missed his friend, and his body was stirring in response to her warm and sensual greeting.

When she finally relinquished his lips, he looked up into her laughing green eyes. "So, Hex of the Wild. What do you want to do in Endrykas first?"
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Hex on May 26th, 2010, 3:50 pm

His face stubble brushed against her cheeks as she kissed him and pushed the tip of her tongue between his lips, boldly searching out his in a fit of heat. Hands clawed over his chest and up the back of his neck, and eventually into his mane. It was in the midst of her passionate brawl with him that she noticed something odd, and upon further investigation with her senses, she recognized the scent of feminine lips, the signature of their aura crystal clear. It may not have been fair that Hex used her auristics to reveal the truths about others, which often was against their will, but her priority was survival and the thought of a broken heart scared her. She had never really questioned and experienced love before she met Vanator, he was the exotic lure of Endrykas, much like many of the Drykas men. But he had been different, he was strong and valiant, and although his position with the Sapphire clan meant little to her, it meant something that he would considered for such a responsibility, she admired that.

Hex froze uncomfortably and pulled away from him when she read the auras that clung near his chest. She not only saw that other women, feeling strongly for him, had been in close contact with him, but she also saw his own feelings burning for them. To see such truths were shocking to her - the painful emotional risk of using auristics. A part of her wanted to run, and she was sure that once she got feeling back in her legs she would, but for the time being she merely sat upright, her lips settled in a relaxed position on her face, but her brows furrowed together in a mix of hurt and anger as she bore her eyes into his questioningly.

She didn't want to know how many others there were, just the knowledge that there was one, and that she could still smell the woman's skin on his (an indication that he had been with someone else in the recent days), was enough to send her heart into a tumultuous spin, and her head into a confused rage. Worse of all she felt the guilt of her own betrayal towards him when she bedded with Jaeden, but would she ever admit that? She didn't know.
"I'm not the only one in your heart." She told him, and stood up, looking off to the side and churning thoughts in her head. Would she run or hear him out? Did she even care for an explanation? It had happened and nothing he could say would take it back. She was shattered inside but swayed in place, more to gather her wits than to wait for him to answer.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on May 28th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Vanator reveled in Hex's affections, unaware that her supernaturally keen senses were not only useful in the open grasslands. Her passion cooled immediately as she sat up, the look in her eyes unmistakeably upset and questioning.

She stood, and Vanator raised himself to his elbows as he looked up at the young woman. She knew there were others. It was not something he intentionally kept from her. His feelings towards the others did not diminish his love for her in anyway, no more than his father's love for each of his three wives. But his heart sank as he saw how the revelation affected Hex, that she thought his heart was all hers. Hex was not only a wonderful lover, she was his friend. Pangs of guilt gripped his stomach. The worst was yet to come, Van was going to have to tell her about his betrothal.

"No Hex, I have loved...love others." Van rose to his feet. He wanted to reach out to touch her, lfiting his hand towards her, but he saw her strong emotions, the hurt and the anger, and lowered his hand.

"You know what I have gone through Hex, you saw what it did to me, even at Din. I could not love, not you, not anyone. Early this season, I met someone, someone who taught me to love again. My heart became alive. that is why, when you came to me in the grasslands, I was able to open my heart to you, to finally love you."

He glanced down before returning his gaze to her. "To be honest, There are others I have felt for, Pygmy and Khiara." His friend knew of the outsiders, for he had spoken of them before. "I did not plan any of this Hex. I had been shut up for so long."

There was no use beating around the bush with Hex, she knew. She always had a way of knowing. "Five days ago I was betrothed to her."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Hex on May 28th, 2010, 10:07 pm

When our eyes met
I just can't believe
You're with someone else
With one kiss, you have me

Loved others? Hex took every one of his words like a physical blow to the body, and she swayed on her feet momentarily as she processed everything he had said. Worse than all other revelations was that he meant to make union with someone else other than her. Her emotions weren't rational; she wanted him to travel with her, she wanted him all to herself.

I wanna take you away
We could forget about life for a while
Drift into a world of ecstasy
Where I can hold you

She had met him when he was damaged, his heart torn over the loss of his only wife. She had tried to connect with him and Vanator may have been right for her, but the reality of their circumstances was a cruel tempest whirling a storm around their boat. Hex gulped back a heart wrenching sob and shut her eyes for a moment as tears poured down her face. But she stood up straight and wiped them with the top of her forearm. She was broken inside but he didn't need the entirety of her emotions; and as someone with auristics, she actually expended energy just keeping her emotions from being projected with djed and possibly confusing Vanator. She could have easily manipulated him, cast a spell to chain up his heart, but that was not her way and the temptation passed quickly as she paced about in front him, wiping her face and thinking through what was said.

It's like she's cast a spell
I wish I knew how to break it
So you'd take a little notice of me

She stopped finally and looked into his eyes, having gained some composure. "I will not share you" she blurted out, firm and cold. "I am happy that your heart has found peace" she squeaked, tears building again. She felt foolish for investing her love into someone she knew was going to follow his destined path of becoming an Ankal. Yes she was part drykas by blood, but she had none of the social etiquette or culture that his people did, and more than ever before she felt like the outsider she was. But this was no new feeling; even while growing up in her Chaktawe village, she was not at home. But home wasn't in Vanator's embrace either, that much was clear.

She fumbled with the long strap of her bag and dragged it to her side, clutching it in her trembling hands. With a few swift movements she wrapped the strap strategically to her torso, the ends of her hair trapped under the cloth strapping. Hex stood, staring into Vanator's face; she had the undeniable feeling that it would be the last time she would ever see him.
Last edited by Hex on June 6th, 2010, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on June 1st, 2010, 12:14 pm

Vanator shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. The sight of Hex's tears left him distraught, never seeing her like this, visibly struggling to maintain her composure. The woman had managed to conceal much of her emotions, but the salty streaks down her cheeks could not hide her disappointment. Van had not been sure how Hex would take the news of his pending marriage, or really what it would mean for the two of them.

Seeing Hex so upset, hurt by his own actions, pained Van deeply, twisting his gut. When he'd first met Hex, he had held the mystic in an almost reverent respect. The mixed blood girl was mysterious, seeming to live in tune with the land, see into other realms, speak to the dead.

After spending time with her, he learned that she was strong, brave, brilliant and beautiful. To see her now, so vulnerable, only made him feel worse, and love her more. But she would not want to hear that, not now. He had broken a bond and trust he did not understand fully until that moment.

So, aching to embrace her, but unable to comfort her, The Drykas nodded slightly, understanding what Hex said, but stung by her cold tone. He knew the strongly independent woman would never settle to be one of many. She was intense and focused in every aspect of her life, no less in love. She would never be a second wife to anyone.

Lifting his eyes again, trying to hold Hex's deep green gaze, he spoke softly. "Hex, you are one of my dearest friends and I know that we have become...more, I don't regret one moment I have spent with you, especially our time at the river. I did love you then, and I love you now. I can't explain to you why I have made the choices I have, other than I followed my heart and did what I felt I had to do. But you should know that Hex, you always seemed to know more about me than I did." Van knew it would be impossible to try to explain how he could love more than one woman, and it would just be rubbing salt in her wound if he could.

Vanator's eyes darted away, as if he sought to find the words he needed among the peaked roofs of the pavilions. Turning back to Hex, he continued. "I never wanted to hurt you or betray you, you have to believe that. You are an amazing woman, you have shown me so much, you have cared for me and loved me in ways no other has." He raised his hand to brush it over the thin scar on his left arm, the wound she cared for and mended. Van recalled that day, when he learned how passionate and caring the Healer truly was. His words were sincere, but he realized they were most likely only making things worse.

The Drykas sensed it as well as Hex, the finality of the moment. A lump formed in his throat, and he silently prayed that she would not disappear from his life. But, in her eyes, he had betrayed her love. Van had chosen another, and he knew nothing he could say could reverse the damage that had been done to her heart, to the remarkable woman who had helped to heal his.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Hex on June 6th, 2010, 2:25 am

His words blew her away, the emotion in his voice and the heated expression both filled with honesty and complete surrender. Vanator was a man that followed his heart, just as Hex followed hers. She saw it then, his truest of hearts and explanations; his unmistakable love for another. Hex was crushed, the pit of her chest ached painfully and her stomach was a cage full of fluttering wings. But she listened to what he had to say and remained still until he had finished with a sigh.

No more than a moment passed before Hex closed the short distance between them and pulled him into an embrace. Letting go to her was like delivering a killing blow to prey, quick and painless. She threw her arms around him and pushed her face towards his, catching his lips and opening his mouth with her tongue. What she felt for him was nothing short of explosive and she communicated with every essence of her being what she felt for him, but that she could not possibly stay.

"Goodbye." Aggressively, she pushed him away and turned on her heels to speed off. She ran as fast as she could and every effort was put towards getting away from his hands, his smell, his aura. It wasn't long before she cleared the city border, submerging herself in the straw coloured wilderness of the sea of grass.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Choices (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on June 7th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Vanator watched Hex as they hung in a frozen moment. Even through the streaks of tears he could see the exotic wanderer turning the situation over in her mind, an expression he had seen many times before. She was unpredictable, and he steeled himself for what she would do next.

And true to her nature, Hex took Van totally by surprise. Like a grass lioness, she was on him, her warm body against his, holding him firmly in deceptively strong arms. Her kiss was like a flood that washed over him in a hot wave, Hex pouring all of her wild passion and love into that one focused point of contact. It sent a volt of energy from the tips of their tongues to the core of his gut. The Drykas reeled at the assault, a primal sensuality that was uniquely, intoxicatingly, Hex. With one heated strike, she let him know exactly what his choice had cost him.

As suddenly as she pounced and delivered her killing blow, Hex shoved him away, giving him a simple goodbye. Vanator staggered back, speechless from her steamy kiss, unable to utter a single word as she sped off to vanish into the Endrykas crowd.

The mixed blood healer left Vanator panting, watching her disappear from his life in a stunning breath. When Hex violently tore herself from him, a part of him ripped away with her. For a burning moment, the Drykas wondered whether he had made the right decision. No, it had to be Kashik, but he was only now beginning to count the cost of choosing the Drykas woman.

The shock of her departure wore off, and the fact that Hex was truly gone sunk in. Vanator had not only lost a lover, he had lost one of the few friends he had. He turned his gaze from the street that had swallowed her up, feeling with starkness now the emptiness of knowing she was gone. In a sentiment that was not typical of the horselord, he made his way to the nearest tavern pavilion to drown his sorrow.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets