Cloak and Dagger (solo)

A person who was long forgotten shows his face.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Cloak and Dagger (solo)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on July 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm

13th of Summer 512 Av

Bojovnik walked along the docks in Ravok. It was just a short while after daybreak and people were starting to come out of their homes. The fast paced movement of the people in this city all getting out of their beds and off to start the day. Feet walking on the ground as boats began to dock on and off. Loading and unloading of packages, big or small doesn't matter every day looked the same in Bojovniks eyes. If you looked hard everyone in this town only cared about themselves or Rysol. It was clearly a hard life with all the slaves coming and going you had some of the worst no good cutthroats in this town.

If you said Bojovnik looked like one of them you would be right. He had the scars and the tools to pass as one of them. It helped hide him in the crowd. With the paranoia of being hunted or attacked since they day he escaped slavery he has tried to hide and be on the move as long as he can. Ravok has been the only place he has stayed at for longer than a few weeks. The people worship a god and they are fully devoted to him it seemed as if most would give their life for this god. Bojovnik had no need for gods, he didn't worship any and he found the idea preposterous. If a god was going to do anything for him he might reconsider but as of now he had no need to start praying.

The crammed streets got filled with people pushing and shoving to get around. As usually happens in this city somebody was always looking to get somewhere faster than another person. He was looking to get some ale at the silver silver tavern. He walked up and sat at an outside table. Looking at the canal he sat down until the barmaid came out. Hearing feet coming up to him he turned around expecting to get his order taken but was greeted with a fist slamming into his nose. The rings on the hand cut a part of his lip, blood was coming down steadily as he wiped it away.

By the time he was done he looked up and saw that the man was siting down across from him now. He wore normal working clothes on and with just those he looked like a common citizen of Ravok but the rings on his right hand suggested he was more rich then his attire let on.

"The boss wants to see you Bojovnik." He spoke in a heavy voice looking straight at Bojovnik not even flinching, it was clear this man was a lot stronger then himself and he shouldn't test his luck.

"Well maybe your boss should meet me in person, make this easier." The man looked back at him and laughed. He stood up and motioned for Bojovnik to follow. The first thought Bojovnik had was to take out his sword and gut him from behind but someone doesn't walk up to a heavily armed man punch him and tell him to follow unless they have some plan. Not to mention the mention of this "Boss" peeked his interest.
Last edited by Bojovnik Vybutit on July 12th, 2012, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cloak and Dagger (solo)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on July 12th, 2012, 1:09 am

Bojovnik follows the man looking him over trying to find something useful about him. His clothes looked like he could have picked them off of anybody, the rings, the rings made a big difference in his attire. They didn't look unique or made of gold but they shined brightly making the sun reflect off them into Bojovnik's eye. Covering the reflection with his eye he noticed that he was dripping blood from his lips again and wiped it off.

The man walked past and ally then turned around and threw Bojovnik in it. The sudden pull and push came out of nowhere and was enough to catch him off guard. Almost instantly after he was thrown in the ally his hands hit the ground preventing him from hitting floor. His hands hurt and back ached as he stumbled getting up. The alleyway was small ending at the canal where a boat was cocked alongside alleyway. A makeshift bride connect the boat and a man who liked vaguely familiar walked in the alley with two strong men with huge swords standing behind him. Looking closer at the man Bojovnik noticed that he had a much cleaner and fancier looking attire than the other man who punched him. As this man walked up Bojovnik felt himself being thrown down onto his knees. He sat there watching as the Man from the boat stood in front of him. Something about his face made a shiver run up Bojovniks back and a sight from long ago come back into his mind.

"You do remember me mister Vybutit don't you?" The man said with a devious and hateful smile.

"How could I forget." Bojovnik gave him a cold stare as he retraced the life of his time in slavery.

"I would hope you would remember me after all I was your best friend for many years." The slave master said with the same smile. Bojovnik looked around only to be slapped and cursed at. "look at me when I'm talking to you slave!"

"I'm not a slave anymore you sack of wine!" Bojovnik spit right back in his face. "why should I not kill you right now." Even though he knew that he could never kill the two guards behind the man but hoped he could pull out his axe quick enough to kill him and run. But the man's response made his heart skip a beat.

"Well you would never know what happened to your mother." The man stood up and turned around walking to his boat till he turned his head back around. "don't worry we will be in touch" With that he walked into his boat as the two guards followed him in and the boat left. Bojovnik, disoriented and frightened stood up expecting the ordeal to be over. When he heard the sound of a sword being picked up from the ground behind him he knew this was going to be a day to remember.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cloak and Dagger (solo)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on July 13th, 2012, 8:37 pm

His hand reached for his axe but was spun around and punched in the gut. He leaned forward in pain knowing if he didn't act now his life would be over soon. His body sharply came up hitting the other man right on the chin, he leaned his head back leaving an opening for Bojovnik to swing his arm and hit him in the face. The punch hardly fazed the man as he turned back quickly and raised his sword at Bojovnik. The man moved forward as Bojovnik finnaly had time to remove his axe from his side and hold it up ready for a fight. A sword was swung at his head which he dodged by stepping back. Recovering quickly another strike was made in an attempt to kill Bojovnik. He raised his axe and the steel hit together making sparks fly. As the other man stumbled backwards Bojovnik tried to his the mans legs. The axe got lodged in the right leg and was stuck. With a great heave Bojovnik pulled it out and the man fell to the ground dropping his sword in the process. Blood was spewing from the leg as he screamed in pain and agony. Figuring it was over Bojovnik rested his head hoping to catch a breath not expecting his leg to be sweeped out from under him.

In almost an instant the man crawled on top of Bojovnik placeing his hands around his neck and squeezing. Bojovnik tried desperatly to throw him off but it was unsuccessful. Laying on his back gasping for air Bojovnik reached for his axe trying to find it. As the life was almost drained out of him his hand grasped the handle and swung it right into the mans chest. As he screamed and let go of his hold on Bojovnik he lifted the man up. Holding onto the hilt of the axe and pushing him up was enough to cut even more flesh from his body as he was thrown off. Pulling the axe out he saw only fear in this other mans eyes.

"Okay, okay don't kill me don't kill me." He pleaded as Bojovnik towerd above him. Not as strong or as fearfull on the ground as he was befor.

"You would have killed me just the same." Breathing heavilly as he said it Bojovnik knew it was true.

"just a job, you know the game." It was clear it was difficult for him to speak. He stared back in his eyes and knelt down on one knee to look into the eyes of his opponent who just tried to kill him. Pity was the only word to describe the scene. Any other man, any other day, for any other reason Bojovnik would have let him go.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cloak and Dagger (solo)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on July 19th, 2012, 1:35 am

He looked the man right in the eye one last time. He raised his axe up into the air, holding it up until he saw the man look back into his eyes. As the axe came slamming back down it was as if the man’s life flashed befor his eyes. Sparks flew as the axe connected next to the mercenary. Bojovnik stood up and looked at his enemy who, at the time, seemed almost as human as he did.

"You know my name so tell me yours," Bojovnik picked up the axe and put it back on his belt.

The mans eyes flicked as he heard Bojovniks response, "Wait, what your not going to kill me?"

"I'm still considering it," He looked down the ally hopping no random pedestrian didn't suddenly get the urge to come down the alleyway " so tell me your name before I change my mind."

"N- Neru its Neru." The man sat up clearly it was difficult to do so but Bojovnik didn't care it was still uncertain weather this man was going to live or not.

"You always a mercenary Neru?"

"Only when I need money"

"So you need money right now"

"Afraid so."

"How many people have you killed?" The question clearly struck a nerve with Neru as it took a few seconds for him to respond.

"More than I can count."

"That’s too bad." Bojovnik pulled out his axe again and was ready to strike until Neru held up his arms.

"NO! Don't kill me look, let me live I will leave my sword it will look like I died with all this blood I probably will but if I live, " His body was battered beyond repair as he tried to sit up." I can give you information on this man. I can’t promise it will be quick but eventually I will get it to you, please."

Bojovnik closed his eyes trying to make up his mind. He turned his head and looked at Neru.

"Get out, leave your sword and one of your shoes if I don't see that information one day in 4 seasons I'm going to find you and kill you... slowly."

Bojovnik couldn't believe what he had said. This man who was trying to kill him a few minutes ago Bojovnik let go. Yes he had information to give him but it wasn't going to change how much he felt that he needed some closure. Neru was just a simple mercenary at the wrong place at the wrong time. The odds of him having any useful information were few and far between but Bojovnik had to try. Sometime hopefully this man could come find him and give him this information Bojovnik so desperately craved.

Neru got up as he grinded his teeth in pain. Bojovnik wanted to help him but found no pity left for the man. As he walked away limping it was almost clear he wasn't going to get far. After a few steps he turned around and kicked off his shoe for Bojovnik to use. As Neru turned the corner to leave it was hard to think that man almost killed Bojovnik a few minutes ago. Bojovnik walked up and took the shoes and sword. The shoes were not for faking his death, the sword would be enough. Examining the shoes he saw nothing unique about but he hoped that maybe if he took them to somebody who was an expert in shows he might learn the origin of the shoes and possibly something about his attacker.

Bojovnik placed the sword on the ground next to a pool of blood. It was still difficult to think how Neru survived that but he somehow did. Placing the shoes on a free spot near his belt Bojovnik stretched his head ready to go back out into Ravok and hopefully get a drink this time.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cloak and Dagger (solo)

Postby Verilian on July 23rd, 2012, 5:03 pm

Bojovnik Vybutit

• +1 Handaxe
  • +1 Brawling
  • +1 Interrogation

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on the award, feel free to PM me and ask

Loot: Neru's Shoe

Lores: Punched in the Face, Meeting an old "Friend", Letting Neru Live

Notes: Not to bad, though I do have one question. Why would Neru have tried to kill him, if the "boss" said he would be in touch? Anyway, good story, looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)