[Flashback] Heretic (Tanjun)

A wannabe Ebonstryfe recruit gets a chance to prove herself against a nonbeliever.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 15th, 2012, 11:03 pm

The girl was calling Tock the bitch?

Oh it was SO on!

She grinned and cackled when the girl fell, nearly drowning as well. But when she grabbed the edge of the boat, it rocked it so hard the boatman fell out, losing his balance and tumbling into the water. Tock fell on her ass in the bottom of the boat, struggling to get up. It took her a bit of fumbling about to catch her footing again, not being the greatest in boats.

The boat was drifting away too rapidly, and the boatman was forced to swim to the edge of the canal, getting help from some bystanders to pull him out of the water. "My boat!" he cried out, pointing at the girls as they drifted down the canal. "They're stealing my boat!"

Tock scrambled back to her feet, using the pole for balance, pressing it down into the water to push off the ground and push back to her feet. In the process, she pushed them further along, and they started moving well away from the boat's owner. Tock watched the girl struggling as she herself tried to maintain balance in the boat. When the girl started talking again, Tock was almost ready to reason with her... until the girl called her a bitch AND a slut. She scowled at the girl and shouted, "Oy, Lil Miss Tight Arse, yer the one what started 'is, aye? Yer brother done attacked me first!" She was still working under the assumption that the man from earlier was the bitch's brother.

"Yer brother were beatin' 'at poor slave girl, an' what done deserved the beatin' I's done gaves 'im! AN' SO'S DOES YOU'S!" She started stomping on the railing with her soaking wet work boot, trying to smash the girl's fingers and dump her down into the water.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 16th, 2012, 8:14 am

That woman, who is she talking about? They didn't have any slaves, so they couldn't abuse them either. "Ah.... maybe she's talking about that guy? Oh yeah that's why I was searching for......., she thought but got cut off as she felt a boot crunching on her fingers.

"Wait.... ouchouchouch... stop please... That... guy isn't my brother.", she said as she tried to bite through the pain. "And who's a tight ass?! Lift me out of the bloody water so we can talk, ok? I think we're talking about different persons and personally I don't give a rat's ass about anyone besides my brother."

By now the whining of the boatman was starting to get no Tan's nerves. In her opinion there was nothing more annoying then whining people, well except for those that tried to steal her brother of course. "Oh shut up you whining piece of shyke. Does it look to you that we are on friendly terms and are stealing your boat? If you can't protect your own goods, then you have no right to whine, so piss off.", she snapped at that boatman.

"And you redhead whose name I don't know. PULL ME UP!", her tantrum started to gain something childish. Well, Tanjun was technically still a child, so... yeah. Besides, she never really grew up emotionally, being all possessive, not wanting anyone to take her brother away, getting angry quickly and at the same time losing that anger just as fast. Well, even though she sometimes acts like a grown up, she will always remain childish.
I'm smiling, so you might want to start running.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Words: 39678
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2012, 1:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 16th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Tock frowned when the woman started talking again, claiming the beaten down man wasn't her brother, and acting like she had no idea what was really going on here. "Ya means ta tell me," she asked, " ya done tried fer ta lop my 'ead off wit'choo slashy-stick, fer no reason!?"

Yup. Bitch was crazy.

Tock didn't want anything to do with this crazy girl. She chased her around the city, she tried to kill her, and all because of some unknown 'brother' that Tock was beginning to suspect was just a figment of the girl's crazed imagination. Because sane people just didn't try to murder strangers in the street for no reason (even if the reason was as simple as being in the person's way or looking at them the wrong way).

So Tock wasn't going to stand around chatting with Crazy here. She looked around, then clumsily steered the boat with the pole over to one of the little dock landings where she could get off. She made sure the boat was aligned so the girl was on the far side and still couldn't get out yet. "Piss off, ya looney wanker!" she told the girl. Tock did NOT just up and forgive someone an attempted decaptitation, especially when the only apparent excuse was that it was 'a misunderstanding.'

Standing on the dock, she pressed the pole against the boat to shove it back towards the center of the canal, leaving Crazy Bitch stranded. She called out to her, "Maybe next time ya done should think twice what 'fore swingin' yer slashy stick what at innocent girls! 'Ave a nice swim!" With that she turned to climb up the ladder to street level, with the hope of being long gone before Crazy found a way to get herself back to shore.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 16th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Seeing that the redhead wasn't going to help her, Tanjun lifted her left arm out of the water, slinging her glaive into the boat. "Oh no, you're not getting away until I know why I was chasing you in the first place.", she thought. Even though she remembered the guy with that abused slavegirl, she didn't actually figure out how this woman was connected to it. Well, Tanjun is a simple minded girl after all.

Lifting herself out of the water, the girl made sure that the small boat wouldn't topple over by keeping her body as close to it as possible. Her acrobatic skill payed off this time. She at least knew the basics of keeping balance and stuff. "Redhead, don't think you've got rid of me yet!", Tanjun shouted as she saw that woman walk up the stairs.

Luckily for Tanjun and perhaps unlucky for Tock was that just as Tanjun reached the middle of the canal, another boat passed by. The redheaded girl, not wasting her chance, picked up her glaive quickly and with a firm push, pushed her boat back to the shore.
As the boat reached the walkway again, the girl jumped out, sending the boat back up the canal. Well, if that owner wanted to get it back, he could easily do that. For now Tanjun had only one objective and that was to extract the information she wanted from that redheaded giant. Well, she seemed like a giant to Tan, she rarely saw women that big.

Tanjun then began running again, for the third time that day. "Ey bloody redhead, wait up! I am not finished with you just yet!", she shouted at Tock. "Don't make this any harder than it already is or I'll be sure to not go easy on you."
Her smile gained the darkness from before again, but this time Tanjun had her glaive back on her back. It was harder to run with your weapon drawn after all.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 16th, 2012, 8:45 pm

5'7" was a perfectly average height for a girl. The Crazy Bitch, a mere 4'7", was practically a midget.

Tock glanced over her shoulder at Crazy Midget Bitch and growled. This girl did NOT give up easily! Tock was sick of running, but knew she couldn't just turn and fight without a weapon of some sort. But it was time to take control of this situation and turn it to HER advantage.

She had caught her breath a bit during the short boat ride, so she took off at a dead run. She was completely lost right now, and had no clue at all where she was or how to get back to the part of the city she was familiar with. So she ran, weaving through and pushing past people in the way, searching for... something. Anything she could use to her advantage.

Ah-hah! She spotted something useful, and turned down an alley. She seemed to be somewhere around the southern-Docks section of Ravok, and there were shops and merchant warehouses all around. She ducked into the alley, grabbing what she had found, and lying in wait.

She held her breath, crouching, trying not to be seen. Hopefully, the girl would think she was still running, rather than lying in ambush. She held herself as far back as possible, using a nearby stack of crates as cover. She listened carefully to the approaching footsteps, until she heard the midget start to come around the corner.

Then she struck.

"HAH!" she shouted, swinging around a medium-sized crate, almost a cage except flimsy and made of wooden planks, that held a live chicken. The building she was hiding next to must have been a food vendor of some sort, since all the crates had foodstuffs in them, mostly vegetables. But a huge crate of plump veggies would have been too heavy to swing, so Tock had grabbed the chicken crate off the top of the stack.

Tock wasn't a warrior. She was a bar brawler. And in a drunken tussle, you just used whatever was within reach, be it a broken bottle, a chair, or... a chicken crate.

She tried to bash the girl over the head with it, or, failing that, to at least maybe knock the glaive away so the girl would be unarmed. If they were both unarmed, Tock might be able to take the bitch down. Either way, whether she struck the girl's head, the glaive, or anything else, the flimsy crate would shatter, wood and feathers flying everywhere, the chicken squawking in protest. In the moments after it fluttered away, using its flightless wings to slow its fall until it hit the ground and scampered away.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Chasing that woman sure tired Tanjun, but then again she wanted her damn answers. Didn't she say that she wasn't going to chop the head off that woman's body anymore? Then why did she run again. "Petching redhead, wait up! I just have some bloody questions for you!", she shouted after that woman, but she apparently had no intention of stopping. Diving into alleys, turning left then right, even Tanjun, who knew Ravok like it was the back of her hand, started to lose her way.

Suddenly, after turning into the alley, that woman had dissapeared into, the small girl had lost her target. "What the.... Where'd she go?", she asked herself softly as she started to walk down the alley. She was totally oblivious to the fact that Tock had hidden herself, up to the point that she suddenly shouted as she attacked.

Trying to dodge the attack, Tanjun made a backflip, yet her right foot still got hit by the cage. After landing, she didn't even try to fight back, instead she grabbed her foot, grimacing from the pain. "Darn you redhead, I told you I ain't gonna cut off your head...... yet, I just want to ask you some questions.", she snapped at Tock. "But if you wanna fight so bad, I'll....", she started and stood up, but the pain shooting up from her foot shut her mouth quite effectively.

Sitting back, the girl started rubbing her foot as if there wasn't a single danger around. "I just wanna know why I started chasing you in the first place. You did something, I don't know what, and for that reason I started chasing you. While I was searching for you I apparently forgot that reason and now it's bugging me."
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 17th, 2012, 1:08 am

"Ya crazy petchin' bitch!" Tock shouted, raising her fists and ready to start pummeling the girl if she got aggressive again. "'Ow's I done s'posed ta know fer why yer chasin' me? I ain't what done nothin' wrong!" In her mind, she hadn't. Sure, she had mercilessly beaten a man down, but he had deserved it. He beat his slave, he gave Tock an attitude for no good reason, and HE had shoved HER. So she felt perfectly justified in hitting him.

Of course, kicking him while he was down might have been going too far...

"I ain't done nothin' wrong, not one thing!" she repeated, protesting her innocence. "I's mindin' my own business, an' ya done came up an what swung yer big slashy-stick at me, an' didn't even gives me no warnin', o' nothin'! So, 'less ya done wants more o' a beatin', PISS OFF an' stop followin' me!" The girl hadn't even given Tock a chance to explain herself. She'd just started yammering about her brother, and swung her weapon with lethal intent. Hell, the girl didn't even know that Tock wasn't really a Black Sun person type thing...

She snatched a broken piece of wood off the ground, holding it like a dagger, ready to stab the bitch if she came near her. She started backing away, sick of messing with crazy girl and her questions. How could she not remember why she'd tried to take Tock's head off? Crazy. Absolutely crazy...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 17th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Tanjun's look grew dark as Tock protested about her innocence. "I didn't ask you that. I asked what you did and now I also want to know why and until I have my answers...."
The girl stood up, biting through the pain as she grabbed her glaive on her back. "You're not going anywhere. So I'll give you two choices, one: you give me the answers I'm looking for, or two: I will -extract- those answers from your lips. Trust me, you don't want the second option."

While Tanjun was saying that rather calmly, she was slowly walking towards the redhead woman. Her glaive was slowly raised to about hip's height. "Oh, another thing... Call me a bitch one more time and you'll see blood. You got that?", she said this putting up her innocent smile again as it seemed to be quite effective last time.

"Let's see what she does. If she runs, I'll torture her. If she refuses to answer, I'll torture her. If she does decide to speak up, hmm... I'll let her off the hook I guess. Her final option is to attack me, but I don't think she has the guts for that."

OOCSomehow my muse decided to go on strike halfway through the post, sorry it ain't much
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 18th, 2012, 1:32 am

Shoulda what stabbed 'er while she were down... Tock thought, considering her options. Running hadn't worked; the crazy bitch seemed too determined to chase her down, and Tock was so thoroughly lost right now she didn't even know WHERE to run to. Protesting her innocence hadn't worked, though she gave it one last shot, hoping to get through to the bitch.

"I told ya, I ain't done nothin'!" she said. The girl couldn't prove otherwise. "Yer a loony bitch, an' I ain't done gots ta answer ta ya what when I ain't done nothin'!" Of course, she was pretty sure at this point that this was destined to end in a fight. At least they were alone in this alley. No witnesses, and no crazy fanatics to back Crazy Bitch up.

So Tock did what she felt she had to do. She couldn't keep running, and she couldn't deal with the slashy-stick. So she threw the piece of wood right at the girl's head as hard as she could. The girl would have to either deflect it, or duck and dodge it.

Whichever it was, Tock would then rush her and grab her by her shirt. She couldn't fight the girl with the long reach on her weapon, so she got in as close as she could. If she was right in the girl's face, she wouldn't have the room needed to bring the business end of the weapon around on Tock. It'd be a nice hand to hand brawl, and that would be MUCH more even of a fight.

And if she could get a grip on the bitch, she'd hold on as tight as she could and start ramming her knee into the girl's gut.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 18th, 2012, 10:46 am

OOC :
For the move I'm using in this post, refer to this at 4:49. It's the spinning kick on the glaive ;)

Hearing the redhead's words, Tanjun could only smile. The woman had apparently chosen for torture and actually it was what the girl wanted. The other was going to feel it and badly. It's been a long while since Tanjun had the opportunity to torture someone and thus she had gotten a little.. well hungry?... for it. "Very well, you chose torture, fine.", she said with a darkened smile.

The wooden piece flying straight for Tanjun's face was deflected by her putting the cutting edge of the glaive to the ground, using the shaft to divert it's course. "No way in hell is something like that going to hit me. I'll just give her a good smack, should knock her out, hehehe.", she thought devilishly.

As the redhead came charging in, Tanjun put her left foot against her glaive and pushed off with her right, swinging herself around the pole of it, using her right foot to kick the other at about hip height. Tock had to either dive, or back off if she wanted to avoid it. Either way, as Tanjun landed again she immediately made a jump back, creating a little distance between them again. "Redhead, I'll enjoy drawing my answer from your lips. Please don't get knocked out, ok? I prefer my victims awake.", she said with an innocent voice.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext