Leigo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Leigo

Postby Leigo on March 4th, 2012, 11:54 am

Leigo Abranox

Race: Human
Birthday: Winter 23rd, 486 AV

Apperances

Leigo is an ordinary man, wearing non flattering clothes, but no matter, style was never his angle anyway. What little can be discerned of him reveals he isn’t ugly, but with his somewhat clumsy walk and beaten down appearance, he looks like one of life’s losers and hardly draws too much attention. His hair is blond and short, with light blue eyes and a fair tan. If he wasn’t looking so clean for his skin, most people would often mistake him for a tramp. His height is 6'1'' and his weight 160 something pounds.

Persona

The boy is not an overly kind soul, nor is he gentle by nature and can often be insufferable. He does try to understand people from time to time. But because of having spent excessive time burrowed inside his own little shell, boy does not take kindly to rejection and will usually give up after the first try unless something else gets him motivated again. Because of this he resents the whole world for not taking him seriously, but he remains the one withholding opportunity. His past makes him move forward, and his future for the lack of any actual plans returns him to the present, not wanting to babysit his musings. For this he’s constantly stuck in between words and actions, trying to make the most of what he can reach. His pragmatic nature does keep his hedonistic ways in check, but even with all the toning down he just genuinely doesn’t care about most things. It’s either amusing, or it is worthwhile. Should the criteria not be met, it just isn’t going to happen.

His personal interactions on the other hand remain skittish at best. While Leigo does not despise the folk he considers below him, he refuses to as he would say ‘stoop to their level’. There is no real condition for branding someone inferior. He believes his own intelligence and intuition to be supreme to all but the divine and could never bring himself to doubt it for mortal reasons. There are no mortals alive who could ever surpass his thought, his ripened idea. The only thing that hangs over his head when someone more skilful, more adept and better situated than he is approaches, and that is time. Leigo believes that with time he could surpass any living thing on the face of the world. Be it champions of exotic gods or simple farmers, if he wants to, he can. He could try to seduce and pamper a pretty girl’s feelings for hours on end, just to quit once he got the pleasure of being right, the pleasure of being victorious. Like that, he could also spar with a hardened warrior for many seasons until he could finally knock him over in fair battle. He would lose interest in further interactions with the man soon after; at least the ones concerning their training. While his mind can turn lead to gold under pressure, it needs to be spoon-fed interest in order to remain alert. And the only way for someone to keep him interested is to make Leigo wait; make him sweat, and worst of all… make him guess. However, on the other side of the curtain, things are fairly simple for the man. He does not seek approval, nods or encouraging and compassionate pats on the shoulder – the only thing he does care for is his own self validation. In essence he is a devout believer in his own ability, but to be able to demonstrate his superiority for own musings is an ecstasy unlike any other.

A cohesive relationship with Leigo is not something people generally want, but even when they do it can appear almost mythic. The boy does not wait for people to look plainly and judge him before he gets to act; instead he keeps doing his own thing all the time regardless of anyone or anything. Many men could argue that he’s too arrogant to care for anyone but himself. They wouldn’t be far off really. Something broke in Leigo the day he learned of his parents’ demise, and since then he has little room in what’s left for his heart. And even that silly little sliver encourages him to nurture his own vanity above anyone else. He yearns for a happy boring life, even if he’ll never openly admit it. Regardless he’s well aware of the impossible factors of this task, instead he takes for the next best thing; knowledge. The more he knows, more certain he is that he’s destined to remain abnormal. But with all that knowledge comes some hope. Hope that one day things will be better and that one day he won’t be searching anymore.

Even well before bonding with Onuo, Leigo has been dependant on plans and schemes to keep him busy, entertained and devoid of attachment. After the forging of their new life together, man took on even more analytical traits, being careful with his new living treasure; being careful not to be left alone again. Ironically enough he is trying to see ahead of the all seeing for both their sakes, but will his fool’s errand actually work remains a mystery. With all this in mind, it’s clear that Leigo is not capable of most mundane relationships. Connections he makes are deep and last but a lifetime, some proving victorious in death.

History

A son was born as the first and only child to the smalltime trader and a housewife. Be it by Laviku’s grace or a handful of luck, his father, Igrodoth soon made it big in the shipping world. While the father’s success was a happy time for the Abranox family, it meant more work and more time away from home. Sooner than later, Leigo’s fears were answered as he slowly saw his father less and less. The mother soon followed in Igrodoth’s footsteps and disappeared into charted waters. While Leigo was left with all the comfort money could buy, he nevertheless wanted his family back as well. Sometimes it would take them more than a season just to reach home. This irritated the boy, and for a lack of better word it drove him to mild episodes of vandalism.

Leigo’s acting out soon started to escalate, as he was spiraling out of control most of the time. He even managed to threaten his father’s right hand man into running away just because he didn’t want someone else to take care of him; he wanted a real family.

Magic got his focus if only for a while. Bartering with him and her, he would send emissaries of the household all over the city in pursuit of wizards with the strength and motivation to transfer some of their knowledge to the young man. The word soon spread and the boy and his serfs needed to deal with more than a few con artists daily. There were those few that carried actual knowledge. Either by negotiating through the servants or plainly offering money, Leigo rallied people to his mind, all eager to mend it.

Occasional anchors to his life were Cadena Anaya Fianza, an old friend of his father that wanted to balance his musings and subdue the boy. And while she never succeeded, the two got somewhat friendlier just before their connection was put on hold. The other center of his world was that ever elusive family, but when they too failed to return home, Leigo was devastated. And there was no one single feeling that was more dreadful for a brat with money… not one.

Soon, things started to spiral out of control for the boy. Regardless of his well standing, he was still only human and his little figure quickly filled up with grief and despair. He knew something bad was coming, but he still never could foresee what it was. A messenger that appeared on his doorstep a few cycles later only confirmed the dread within him.

Igrodoth and Leina Abranox lost their lives during a storm, bound forever beneath foreign waters. After the “Light Anchor” sunk and spilled its glorious guts onto the ocean bed, Leigo knew he was alone. Not long after, the money his parents had left him started to run out and before he knew it, Leigo had to sell the house. Boy remained in Zeltiva, but things were never the same.

Languages

Common – Fluent
Fratava – Basic
Tukant – Poor

Training

Reimancy 36 (30 SP + XP) / Fire and Earth ***
Swimming 21 (5 SP + 15 RB +XP)*
Unarmed Combat 10 (10 SP)
Painting 5 (5 SP)
Familiary 8 (XP) ****
Rhetoric 5 (XP) ***
Subterfuge 2(XP) *
Investigation 5 (XP) ****
Persuasion 3 (XP) ***
Observation 7 (XP) ******
Leadership 5 (XP)***
Body Building 2 (XP) **
Interrogation 2 (XP) **
Spear 1 (XP)*
Sociology 1 (XP)*
Philosophy 1 (XP)*
Intimidation 4 (XP)***
Running 2 (XP)**
Climbing 1 (XP)*
Tactics 4 (XP)*
Stealth 3(XP)*
Brawling 4(XP)**

Lore

The layout of Zeltiva
Geography of the Sylira region
Familiar: Bonding
Familiar: Types
Threats of Delirium
Fianza's Love Overgiving
Anselm: A Nuit
An Attempt To Swindle
Troubles With Onuo
Old Man Tristan
Rumours of Father's Past
Faction: Martial Association of Zeltiva
Event: The White Obelisk Act II of Darkling Tides
Kesley Poole: University Aligned Sailor
Kesley Poole: Chauvinistic
Kesley Poole: Quick to Anger
Djed Storm's Child of The Bay
Monsters From the Deep
A Charoda's Untimely Death
The Body is Fragile
Arm Yourselves!
Chaos to Teamwork
Nuit: Appearance
Defeating The Leviathan
Fiera: A Bold Beauty
Fiera: Mirror in Work
Defending For The Honor of a Women
Kesley Poole: Has Some Sense
Fear of The Group
Knowing You Won't Like The Answer
Taste of Charoda Blood
Can't Die With Nobodies
Danger! Strip!
Near Death
Saving The Damsel
Marathon Man
Touching Ancient Magics
Vandal
Thoughts of Anaya
The Coloured Spyglass of Djed
Pushing Buttons
Hadrian Aelius
Cry of the Glassbeak
Lord of Council: Maria Satterthwite
Rounding Up the Mages
A Dark Rendezvous
The Mysterious Cloaked Women
Ari: Connected to Lion
The Nightshade Clue
The Drunk Symenestra
Being Stolen From
Chided by Familiar for Being Unobservant
The First Murder
First Combat Teamwork With Onuo
Aehra Tiorson
Honey is Good for Burns
Treatment at the Infirmary
Trips the Student Medic
When Fury Takes Over
Fighting Alongside Bones
Anger Against Thieves
Arguing with Bones
Wanting To Kill

Possesions

• 1 set of clothing (regular, cloak and footwear included)
  • Backpack-
  • Food for a week
  • 1 set toiletries- soap, brush, comb, razor
  • flint and steel
  • 1 eating knife
  • Heirloom: his family’s signet ring
  • Shark Tooth "Can sense the monster's essence with Auristics, if ever all the teeth are returned to the sea the soul will be completely returned to the cycle."
  • leather belt - plain
  • fancy buckle
  • cotton trousers - black
  • longsleeved silk shirt - grey
  • leather shoes - plain
  • deformed white leather mask
  • Glass dolphin pendant - used as a token to enter the Nightshade quest

Ledger

600 GM
-50 GM - Spent on Zeltivan status points
-150 GM - Rounding up Living expenses for spring and whatever else I might have spent during the season.
-90 GM - Lodgings for spring with somewhat edible meals (rounded up to a number this high to reflect the troubles after the storm)
-3 GM - Healer working on the arm in the aftermath of the White Obelisk quest
+50 GM - Rounding up the mages... even though Leigo didn't do anything.
-13 GM - Nightshade shopping
-7 GM - Buying the dolphin pendant from Anselm

Thread list

Spring 512th :
Name Status Consequences
It’s a (Dangerous) Kind of Magic Finished Leigo had a coward in him after all.
A Familiar Rhapsody Finished Irylid Onuo lifebonded, Minor memory lapses, Free Summoning classes for one season
Leigo's Fortune Finished Anselm now displeases Leigo to great lenghts
Prospects Gathering Finished Leigo decided not to sign up for the time being
[Quest] The White Obelisk: Act II of Darkling Tides Finished Scars on upper left cheek and right hand. Wary of large bodies of water.
[Summoning Labs] The Fianza Method (Solo) Hibernating! N/A
[The Docks] Losing Equiliburum Dead? N/A
That Signet Ring Finished A lead that leads to a lead acquired.
Drunk and Disorderly Active N/A
[The Kelp Bar] A Drink, In These Times Of Change Dead Had it coming!

Summer 512th :
[Quest] A Dark Rendezvous (Anselm, Avari, Leigo) Finished Got the pendant, Leigo will be the Nightshade thief
[Wright Memorial Library] No! (Hadrian) Finished Hadrian Aelius - he who farts
Breaking Point (open) Active N/A
Three Parts Good Day, One Part Bad Company (Leigo) Finished Cracked rib for 50 days, a bit beaten up for 20ish days, and magic at 50% for 3 days
[Library] Amid walls of books (Leigo) Active N/A
You again? (Ssafirsotibones) Finished Leigo and Bones won't really be on best terms from this point on.
Knock On Wood (Leigo) Active N/A
[Quest] Nightshade Active N/A
[World's End Grotto]Does this smell funny to you?(Iris) Active N/A
The Zeltivan Monument Series Part 3: The Materials Active N/A
An Unavoidable Discussion (PM to Join) Active N/A
[East Street] Don't wanna work... (Leigo) Active N/A
That's a Trident Champion? (Wrenmae) Active N/A
Leafing weird (Gale) Active N/A

Flashbacks :
Name Status Consequences
Boys being boys... Active N/A
Wrong pocket to pick [Nai'shee] Active N/A
Catch that Horse! Active N/A
Last edited by Leigo on August 10th, 2012, 10:23 am, edited 47 times in total.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Character sheet

Leigo

Postby Leigo on April 4th, 2012, 9:10 pm

A thousand and two eyes

General Information :
1. What is your Name?

Leigo from the revered house of Abranox.

I am Onuo.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

Most people just call me Leigo.

What would be the purpose of shortening my name?

3. How old are you?

I am 26 years old.

We are less than a season old.

4. What is your height?

6'1''

6'1''

5. What is your weight?

160 something pounds

160 something pounds

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.

I’m a decent looking guy, a bit too scrawny perhaps.

I see everything and I observe perfectly. Does that make me perfect in all regards?

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

I’ve been told I’m easy on the eyes and appealing once one disregards my dreadful attire.

They don’t.

3. What is your favorite body feature?

It’s most definitely my smile. People might say it a lot, but a decent smile gets you things and gets them done.

What an unintelligible question.

4. How physically fit are you?

I’ve been told I have arms as thin as a woman’s, had enough?

Fitness means nothing to my kind. Not yet anyway.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

Carelessly throwing on whatever can still fit.

It would hinder my observation potential and cause unwanted heat, so I don’t.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?

My parents were good at many things, but as Anaya would judge it they weren’t really cut out to be the best parents. They tried though. They really did. My father, Igrodoth, was a good family man and a master merchant in charge of many shipments. Some people would go as far as to call him a smuggler for his sudden success. And maybe he was… No one cared as long as our family was well provided for. Still, it would do you well to disregard whispers of jealous tongues. And my mother, Leina, well she was a really kind soul. It crushed her to be away from dad at first, but she soon joined him and things were really working out for them. They suited each other and even long after their love had passed, the respect remained.

In my world your parent becomes your siblings when you are old enough to part away.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

There are none to my knowledge. Betting on it would be a bad idea though. My father was a ladies’ man and while I do believe he honored his marriage the specifics could have easily been bent if only once or twice.

I believe we have settled this already. My siblings are as close and far away from me as both my parent and the offspring I never had.

3. What is your extended family like?

My extended family sort of excommunicated my father after marrying my mother and I’ve never really heard anything about her side of the family. Perhaps she was too ashamed to talk about them? It was none of my business anyway.

To us the term family is very loose in itself.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

Well, I have Anaya. She’s family. And Onuo, he is me in more ways that only we can understand so I could consider him the closest thing to me even if we don’t know each other so well.

Leigo is the closest even if we are literally worlds apart.

5. Do you treat animals like family?

Animals are for food. I tend not to get too attached to my meals. We did have a dog though… once.

Animals are of lower intelligence compared to more sentient forms of life. Until they evolve into something more or the rest of the civilized world degrades back into primitive stages of being, they remain just that – animals.

2. Where do you live now?
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
5. Where do you fear to be?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Character sheet