Zeltiva residents, both past and present, wanted!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Leigo on March 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Come one, come all!

Alright, so in tune with my current abundance of free time, I’d like some more threads. I assure you I’m quite easy to work with and will go along with all but the dysfunctional ploys. If things make sense, you have my interest. You want my character to get hurt so you can rack up some healing exp? It’s a deal! You want someone to help you do this or that and have a genuinely possible way of incorporating me into that idea? It’s a deal! You just need someone to resent, hate or simply have mixed feelings about? It’s a deal! Now let’s talk a bit about Leigo so I can put things in perspective for you.

This man is usually neither cruel nor kind, and tries to be fairly arrogant towards most people. While he can be quite loyal, that trust is hardly ever earned and because of his meddling with magic he is prone to bouts of paranoia. Should no one calm him down and discourage his doubts, he will likely burst out like a cheated wife at even a slightest hint of betrayal. He is somewhat overly emotional, yes, but like any other bothered soul he keeps it bottled up inside. Considering self beyond most others, he will try to manipulate/deceive/humiliate you if you show too much weakness for him to take you seriously. Generally speaking, if you don’t want to be treated like a toy, you don’t want to act like a toy first.

It’s not all that bad, really. While Leigo is all those bad things above, he can also have a genuinely good side. He cares for little. But wherever his attachments are made they are vast and numerous. For an obvious example, he loves Zeltiva like most of us love our hometowns. Unlike most, he however fears that people will come and take things away from him, so he’s overly protective of anything he has. Other than the city, his affections are currently split between the living Cadena Anaya Fianza and the memory of his parents. His father means more to him than his mother does, but they are both precious to him nonetheless.

Unlike many other characters, I see Leigo as an extremely stationary soul. He loves where he is, or is simply too attached to leave; that one can be up for debate. Yet, he has spent his youth there and sees no reason to abandon home. Mizahar is an incredibly dangerous place, accompanied with the so far (so far as in I haven’t yet decided should a deeper mystery dwell here) accidental loss of his parents in foreign waves; he is untrusting of travel even more.

All threads will need to be in Zeltiva or in the VERY near vicinity.

If you got through all of it… well, I like you more than when I didn’t know you at all. :)

Now to filter what I meant before when I said “everything”

Leigo will absolutely and under no circumstances:
- Teach you magic just because you find it cool.
- Tell you about magic at all; any discoveries that will be made can come out of either his actions being forced or sheer coincidence (be realistic… there’s only so far I can stretch the coincidence cliché!)
- Tell you about the Irylid bonded to him.
- Be trustful and caring right off the bat.
- Harm you physically unless provoked.

So, message me if you’re interested. I’m sure we can work something out.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leigo on June 30th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Bump. Threads in demand!

Not much has changed. Leigo's still a bastard, but you could call him a bit more driven.
Leigo
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on July 1st, 2012, 12:07 am

Why haven't we threaded yet? Flashbacks or present time, either works for me, she was in Zeltiva since she was one, until 80th, since she's going on The Epic Quest. Actually, thinking about it, flashbacks would be way better for me, since her schedule is pretty busy during Summer and I can 'legally' flashback Fall 511 and before that, so.. Just PM me. I haven't figured any plot anyways, if you have interesting idea it would be good, I got bored of meet-and-greet threads.. Maybe Nai trying to rob Leigo?
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fiera on July 2nd, 2012, 8:42 am

Aha, I'm looking for threads as well.. Though I can only flashback from the first of winter 511 AV in Zeltiva. Fiera still thinks that she has unpaid debt to settle with Leigo, so I don't know exactly how that is going to work out. Any ideas?
Live by what you trust, not by what you fear.
Fiera
the incredibly talented cat

Words: 70482
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 10:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Leigo on July 21st, 2012, 10:49 pm

Caught up with everything again - if anyone else finds themselves a thread or two short, I'm your man! :)
Leigo
Player

Character sheet

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 22nd, 2012, 3:09 am

Heya!

So, we're in a thread right now, but our characters haven't really interacted directly (since the focus is on the fight right now). But, I have a plot I am looking to bring a few other players into, and Leigo might just fit, if he'd be interested.

The basic idea is, Tock is building a statue. A monument to the glory of Zeltiva. Because she's fallen in love with this city, adores it, wants to make a tribute to it... and because she needs a landmark to keep from getting lost on her way around town ^.^

It's a 9 part series, and I'm about to start part 3... hauling stone back to the city for the monument. Tock has already found the location, about a day's ride outside the city. She has the materials needed (I'm going to buy a wagon for the trip, and I have rope and pulleys to use for getting it into the wagons). I've also done a thread recruiting NPC's for the bulk of the grunt labor.

What I mostly need other PC's for (aside from generally making the thread more interesting/not just doing another solo) is either A) someone with wilderness survival skills for the trip into the wildlands (which i know Leigo doesn't have of course), B) someone to help out with general tasks "around the camp", or C) someone to help fight off any potential dangers in case we get attacked by something.

The latter seems like one of the things Leigo would be most suited for, doubly so since the way Tock is meeting him is fighting alongside each other.

The planned date is the 51st (though counting travel time out of the city, getting the job done, and travel time back, it'll probably actually span 50th-53rd). I see you have a thread on the 54th, so we could make sure to get back in time for that.

And since she can't afford to pay for help, Tock would promise you one open-ended favor (she'll perform any non-monetary and non-sexual task you need in return).

Let me know if you'd be interested! I'd like to potentally get 2-3 PC's involved in this, most likely from among people Tock has already met in the past.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)