[Kelp Bar] A Certain Kind of Sadness

Gale // In which Hadrian encounters the saddest man in Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on September 8th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Hadrian nodded, making a mental note to make introductions between this artist and the one who worked for him at the university. This was the sort of thing at which his mother had always excelled, connecting people who would benefit from each other's collaboration in some way or another. She had, with charm and wit, done quite a bit to make her husband, his father, a successful merchant on the scale that he was. So perhaps Hadrian had inherited something from her.

"Everyone has their own method," he allowed. He himself rarely socialized when in his bailiwick; he could spend weeks working by himself. But now he was a part of the university, a community of scholars, and he spent a good deal of time discussing anthropology and its attendant disciplines. Magic was more and more a thing to do privately.

"You should look into a gallery or two, though," he suggested. "Find one whose owner you like. They might do some of the selling for you, and you can see some other work, too."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Gale nodded. It would probably be good for him to go to a gallery and actually talk to others. it was a subject that wasn't too sensitive but yet he knew a lot about. Maybe he can actually make a friend for once. The artist looked at Hadrian with a smirk, not really knowing what to say next.

His gaze went back down on his mug as he thought. After a few moments of silence, Gale nodded again,"Yeah. I probably should." He shrugged,"I suppose I never got around to doing it before. It never came to mind before. Maybe once or twice but that was back when I wasn't good at all. I was drawing a child's drawing basically."
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Hadrian on September 10th, 2012, 3:42 am

Hadrian smiled briefly. Due to the beer, he could not recall if he had told Gale already, but to be on the safe side he told him where his office was in the University, that he might seek him out if he really did want to meet Lucas.

"And there are pieces of art decorating the walls and nooks and crannies of the University itself, which would save you a trip to the galleries, as well. But I should be on my way. There is always work to be done."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 15th, 2012, 2:32 am

Noting where Hadrian's office was, Gale nodded. It would save the trip to the gallery and of course he would end up meeting another artist so why not? Maybe he'd stop by another time if he remembered to find him one of these days.

"I agree. Busy lives we live." Gale smirked and held out his hand as if to make the goodbye sort of official. Another habit he had grown into,"Nice to meet you Hadrian. I have no doubt that we'll bump into each other one of these days."
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Arcane on October 25th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Rewards and Treasure!

Haddy McSmartyPants :
Experience Points
+2 Subterfuge

Lores
Gale McCenry the Painter
Gale McCenry the Depressed
Connecting People

Miscellaneous
Ledger: -1gm

Comments
One mug of Kelp Beer = Half-Nilo = 5sm

Gale 'Eye-Shanker' McPainty :
Experience Points
+1 Subterfuge

Lores
Hadrian the University Professor
Hadrian the Curious
Hadrian's Painter Friend - Lucas
Hadrian's Offer for Introductions with Lucas

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
Cheer up Gale! The world's not lost yet! :)

In Conclusion
Short social thread, but straight to the point without meaningless fluff... which is a good thing :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous