[Windmount Stables] You Again (Weyliss)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 30th, 2010, 7:53 pm

57th Spring, 510 A.V.

Recently returned from the wilds, Sam went to check the job boards at the stables. He wasn't sure that he wanted to be tied down by a job there, pissing people off if he decided it was time to move on -- there was no telling when he might be back and if that would come back to bite him in the arse. After all, he didn't think they would let him wander off with Horse for a couple of days whenever he felt like it, and he often did.

But perhaps if he could teach a few more people to ride or care for horses or... something.

And thus he had come, spoken to the proprietor (not wanting to let on that he was illiterate), and ended up glumly sitting outside thinking. He wasn't starving but there was still that nagging sense that something was coming, but it wasn't here yet and he was getting ever antsier.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Weyliss on May 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Weyliss had decided today would be the day. Today, he would visit that horrific, vile, Ivak spawn.

Maybe a bit extreme, but the man held little love for his Zavian. His first horse he had spent well over 300 gold pieces on, and had bolted when its owner had blocked the flightpath of a highwayman's arrow. His newest horse had been a rather unhappy purchase. Weeks and weeks of working and jobs had paid off in more then a few gold miza's, and he had decided to give this 'horse' thing another go.

As he walked, the young man tucked the bottom of his white tunic in under criscrossing belts adorning the waist. It was his normal wear, tunic, belts, and a pair of worn pants. His steel toed boots would probably serve a double purpose today. If that animal kicked, well... he'd kick right back.

Resolute in his purpose, Weyliss could see the stables up ahead. In retrospect, Weyliss had been trained, no raised, to be a knight. It had been his one ambition, and consequently, he had spent years learning how to ride. Riding wasn't his problem, it was the stubborness all horses seemed to possess...

Shaking his head, Weyliss eyed the stone structure before walking inside. He knew the stable owner had been married to a knight, and that the city had helped build the stables themselves, but he still couldn't believe how nice they where...

Approaching his animal's stall, Weyliss peered inside. As he expected, his horse was just standing there, eyeing him. It was a little creepy actually.

"Listen. Don't give me the eye you. I'll name you when you earn it."

It was true, he hadn't named his horse yet. Out of spite more then anything else...
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 2nd, 2010, 4:49 am

Sam did a double-take when Weyliss waltzed into the stables, then got up to follow him in. The proceedings amused him to no end. Though his own horse was named, well, Horse, it hadn't occurred to him that Weyliss might have a similarly named animal. Or a horse at all. He hadn't seemed keen on them. Didn't now, either.

"Well now. What's this?"

He grinned.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on May 2nd, 2010, 6:56 am

Weyliss blinked, looking over at the stranger. It was... he looked terribly familiar. Sam was it? He had helped Weyliss find some of those medicinal herbs. It had all been a moot point anyway, but he had been glad for the help.

Cocking his head back, Weyliss sort of eyed Sam.

"Its... its not what it looks like."

Turning, the man eyed his horse, who in turn, simply stared back.

"So I... uh... figure owning a horse is a lot like being married. You gotta spend time with 'em, and care for 'em, and..."

He turned, giving Sam a delighted smile.

"...beat 'em when they get out of line!"

He slammed his fist into an open palm for emphasis. Then he gave a little sigh.

"No. I just bought her, actually. What are you doing here friend?"
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 2nd, 2010, 5:17 pm

"I was just looking for work," he said, blinking at the joking threat of violence, then smiling it away. "And I don't know. Sometimes horses just want you to be there. Not necessarily interacting, but being nearby. They're herd animals, you know. So are we, deep down. I mean, we can still be loners, but part of us still wants a herd to follow..."

Then he grinned, embarrassed.

"Well, that's what I was always told, anyway."

And as for marriages, he saw Horse as more of a brother, but they were partners and that was one aspect of marriage. Thankfully neither of them either got horny enough to engage in other aspects of marriage together.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on May 2nd, 2010, 8:24 pm

Weyliss grinned, turning to Sam.

"Aye, so... you do know Syliras has employment offices and the like? Why look for a job... at the stables?"

He wasn't entirely sure about the herd animal thing, after all, he'd been alone for several years now, and seemed better off for it...Maybe it spoke to deeper issues? Not too worried, he moved to the stall, and started to undo the gate latch while Sam started to speak.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm

"Well, I'm looking for small time stuff. Freelance, you know. I leave town a lot, just to get out of the walls, and I don't know if I'm going to stay here all that long."

He hoped he wouldn't be forced to explain that he was living based on premonitions. Lillis the fortuneteller understood, but Weyliss didn't seem like the type who would follow or approve of such a plan of attack.

"And the first time I came to the stables, I got a job teaching someone how to ride... So... I came back for more."

Grinning -- he had one of those annoyingly cheerful personalities most of the time -- he looked Weyliss over.

"How did it go with the root-medicine?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on May 2nd, 2010, 9:29 pm

Weyliss' face fell at the mention of the root, but he quickly recovered with a smile of his own.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Wasn't needed in the end. Teaching you say? Now.. I know how to ride a horse... but to ride a horse is a different story. In the heat of things, I need my horse to be able, to be ready. How do you teach a horse to receive commands that override everything else? I've seen the knights do it. Jousting..."

The first part wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth. The kid hadn't needed the root, because the father had resorted to magic. Having not used his res in years, the old man had overgiven, almost killed himself, and turned his son into a frothing beserker with the pain of the spell. Weyliss had been forced to kill the young man after he'd viciousley attacked the nearest thing, his 12 year old sister.

The second part was true, the knights had trained warhorses, Weyliss just wasn't sure how they did it.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 2nd, 2010, 9:41 pm

"Oh," he said, catching the fall of face and the falter of words, but letting it go. He wasn't the sort to go prying into other people's business.

He nodded along with Weyliss's description of trained warhorses. It reminded him, the pain slight when compared to the enthusiasm, of his youth and the years spent serving the master in Sunberth in that context.

"Well, you just do... teach them, I mean. I know how to do it. I did it with Horse, but I've been working with him for two years so that's a lot of time. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for, though. For work. I can teach you to ride your horse better, and train the mare to work more effectively with you. I mean, if you really want. I can do it."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on May 3rd, 2010, 3:23 am

Weyliss laughed and turned to the other man.

"Hey, now there's an idea. In return, I'll show you how to make a coin. It all starts with people not realizing what they need."

Giving Sam a wink, he started to lead his horse out of it's stall.

"First, anything I should know in advance? Horse-wise? Like... the basics."

Still leading his horse, he started to walk past Sam, and towards the 'running' field nearby. It was a large grassy field, fenced off for horse training and running. As he stepped out of the stables themselves, the man couldn't help but notice how 'clear' it was outside. A beautiful day for riding. Or getting maimed by a horse.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Next