Stealing Poison

Abandoned

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Stealing Poison

Postby Caddy Twist on July 22nd, 2012, 6:53 pm

1st day of Summer, 512 AV

Caddy stood in a shop that specialized in selling knifes. Her multi-colored eyes were not on the weapons though. Caddy scanned the crowd instead. The loud rumbling of continuos conversations hummed through her ears, as she eyed a wealthy-looking man. He was about her height, and had a silver pendant hanging form a gold chain around his neck, he also had three gold chains on his wrist. And his pocket were full. With what? Caddy didn't know. But he was the perfect target. Nodding once as a goodbye to the shop owner, she left the shop. Pulling the small foldable knife she hadn't paid for from her sleeve, she dropping it into the leather bag that lay at her hip. Closing the clasp, she continued to follow the man. She stay about ten feet behind, inching closer as the minutes flew past. Anticipation coarsed thrugh her as she neared the man. She needed a reason to touch him, so she begain to act clumsy, limping slighty. People shot her mean looks as she bumped into them. It took him no time to notice her boisterous presence. As she bumped into someone else, they pushed her off of them, giving her the chance. She fell into the man.

"I'm sorry. So sorry Sir!" She stammered, her hand on his wrist as she help him up. " I didnt mean to knock you over." She said, her hand disapearing form his wrist as he stood up. He had dirt all over his expensive coat, and she helped him brush off, especially around the pocket area's.

He shot her a dirty look before speaking "Get off of me you pest!" He said, suddenly seeing her eyes "Witch child! Get away!" He shouted, shoving her aside. Her heart picked up speed, as her hand caught in his pocket. A small clothe purse was grasped firmly between her fingers. The fabric of his coat ripped, making her theft obvious. His eyes widened, and his face started to turn red. By now a couple people had come to see the commotion, and escape was not going to be easy.

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Caddy scolded her self.

"Theif! Theif! She's trying to steal from me! Someone heldp!" He screamed as people started to grab fror her. Caddy ducked, running as fast as she could through the mass of body's, pushing anyone who was in her way. Caddy's heart seemed to be racing her, as she ran.

Slowing, Caddy turned her head slightly to look around for her pursuers. She noticed people glancing at her in confusion to why as she was running. But further in the crowd, Caddy could see several men running in her direction. Still holding the coin purse, Caddy broke into a sprint. Blinded with fear Caddy slammed right into another person, this time not on purpose.

Damn! She thought, her eyes darting up to the man. Her pack lay beneath her, her belonging spread out on the ground. People spread around the two, forming a small bubble of space for them. Caddy rushed to clean up, stuffing the stolen items in first. Two gold wrist chains, a foldable pocket knife, two carrots, several yard of clothe, one slice of driedmeat, and a generously sized coin purse. As she shoved the things that clearly were not hers into her pack, she glanced up periodiclly to see who she had bumped into.

He seemed to be her same height, with long curly brown hair. He had sparkling blue eyes the color of the sky at noon, and he supported a shodow of a stubble on his face. He stared down at her, watching her pathetic attempt to hide her crimes.

Im so screwed. Caddy thought before standing up and preparing to confront him.

Last edited by Caddy Twist on August 25th, 2012, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm attempting to make amends and get everything back in order, please bear with me guys
Caddy Twist
Player

Words: 24064
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 7:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Re: Stealing Poison

Postby Raenfae on July 23rd, 2012, 12:47 am

Raenfae was walking outside, on his way to buy a couple needed things when he first heard the murmur of people a distance away, the sign that something was happening. Looking up from his walk he could see nothing at first, that was until a woman emerged in a dead run, a few clearly angry men chasing after her. Unable to move out of her way quick enough, Ranfae was knocked back against a nearby wall as the woman went to the ground roughly, her bag spilling open. Raenfae watched for a moment as the group of men closed in and as she scrambled to get packed up.
Seeing a potential opportunity to help her, and of course himself, Raenfae moved his coinpurse inside his coat where he could feel the few gold mizas he had brought pressing against his chest. Stepping forward he grabbed her bag from her hand as she stuffed the last of the items in it, lifting it away from her in his left hand as he grabbed her left ear between his thumb and forefinger, whispering quickly to her, "Stay quiet and follow my lead."

Pulling her harshly to her feet so she would yelp in pain, Raenfae began to yell, the men stopping a few feet away to watch in amusement, "What the petch is wrong with you, Cylina?! Here I am putting food on the table for you, trying to give you a chance away from prison, to give you a real life and you petching do this?" Turning to the men, Raenfae nodded, "Gentlemen, I apologize most sincerely for Cylina's actions. She is a cousin of mine who got herself into bad company and we are trying to help her. If you would please identify your belongings, I imagine we can let this go as I will handle her." The man who she stole from stepped forward and, with the help of Raenfae and confirmation of Caddy, retrieved his mizapurse as well as the two wrist chains he now noticed were gone.

With that and more apologies from Raenfae, the men departed and Raenfae dragged Caddy by her ear around a corner. Letting go of her, he smiled, "Sorry about wrenching your ear, but they had to believe I was serious. My name is Raenfae. I assume yours is not Cylina, so may I ask what your are called by?"

He waited, wondering if she would stay and chat or take off now that she was free.
Raenfae
Player

Words: 11589
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Caddy Twist on July 23rd, 2012, 9:17 am

Before she could fully stand up, she was yanked up by her ear. Follow his lead? What? But Caddy did as she was told, resentfully giving up her most precious items, that weren't even hers. As soon as the man she had stole from left, Caddy turned to Raenfae. Without warning, she stuck her hand in between his curls. Picking his ear between her fingers, she twisted and yanked. She was probably more harsh than he had been, but hey he gave away her money.

"Now we are even." She didn't offer her name, her was voice cold. Caddy could already tell Raenfae could take her down in one move. The only thing that made Caddy keep listening was his hands. Unlike msot people Caddy recognized his hands first. They were callused as much as any man, but not enough to say Raenfae did the normal mans work load. He had burn scars along his fingers. But not fire burns, acid burns. Caddy wasn't sure, but whatever this man did it was deadly.

"Come." Again, Caddy noticed that she attracted too much attention today. Narrowing her eyes, she grabbed his arm, and lead him in a walk. Unsurprisingly it was a short walk to the nearest canal, were there was a very small sidewaalk on each side. Big enough for two people to talk without interruptions. Especially because Ravokians preffererd the canals, which Caddy could never get used to.

"So, whats in it for you?" She asked, turning to Raefae and crossing her arms. "Any sane person would not help a theif in action, unless they could get something out of her." Caddy cahllenged, resting a protective hand on her pack.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm attempting to make amends and get everything back in order, please bear with me guys
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raenfae on July 23rd, 2012, 4:34 pm

The pain burned through his ear for a moment as the shock of what she had done cleared away. So this one has attitude. Hm Silently he mused in his head, letting her think he had gotten the point. Small steps he thought, letting himself be lead away. Just as opportunity loves to shine to those who wait, another one presented itself now that they were more secluded.

Bringing his right hand up with his eating knife in it, pressed to her throat as he brought his left hand up with his concealing ring on his ring finger, his stroking the band near her face so she could see it. "One thing my little thief of a friend: never do that again. I only did it so as to make believable the story of a wild family member needing help. The action served a purpose other than pathetic revenge such as yours was. I could have just as easily turned you over without pain, or tried to convince them you were family, but with no real action to back it.

Now, just to bring to light certain things. I hold a blade, a simple eating knifem at your throat. On my left finger is a special ring that... Well, let us say bad things come of this ring, things that can be applied through a knife cut, things that can be worse than death. However,"
at this point, he let her go and stepped back, putting the knife away, "I do not wish you dead. As you said, I must have a reason. I seek to promote myself, to gain knowledge and, perhaps, certain items at times. For this, I offer a safe havem should you need to hide yourself, plus a particular set of skills I might be able to bring to this table to help you. A symbiotic relationship. I do not hide I do this for myself, but I also do it to help you, which in the end, helps me." He leveled his blue eyes at hers, noticing her eye colors, curious at the uniqueness and at the same time already plotting how to exploit them. "So, all things aside and starting new between us, you interested? Or, have your leave and forget I ever existed."
Raenfae
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Caddy Twist on July 23rd, 2012, 5:35 pm

The cool blade met Caddy's neck. She could already tell Raenfae was deadly and the threat proved her correct. She could see the worn metal were it would twist open. The low deep tone in his voice told her he wouldn't hesitate to use it. With a light touch, she probed his pockets quickly and weightlessly, pulling a small vile from them. Switching the vile inbetween hands, she stepped back from him as he let her go.

"Apperantly I was right." She smirked. "But you can't just use me that easily." Caddy said, her voice cold and hard. A contrast to the ever mounting fear within her. She held up his vile, playing eith it between her fingers. "I understand I could be dead in a minute for . . . borrowing this." She said handing it back. She had no interest in whatever the vile contained, but she needed to prove to Raenfae that she was more than she looked. "But I also understand you need me, and well I need you. Saftey isn't my priority. It takes nothing to up and leave a city, I've done it before. Many times." Caddy spoke, hoping he wouldn't detect her bluff, she has only moved once and it wasn't for this reason. "But what particular set of skills do you intend to bring to the table?" She challenged, using his words with a slight mocking tone included. Shifting her weight and propping a hand on her hip Caddy awaited RAenfae's answer.

Last edited by Caddy Twist on August 15th, 2012, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raenfae on July 27th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Raenfae watched her, keeping his eyes on hers as she twirled the vile she had lifted from him. She was slippery to say the least. However, she knew little of what was in the vile and he played her ignorance by taking the vile back with his coat sleeve over his hand, dropping the vile safely in his coat pocket. Let her believe what or may not have been on that vile.

He listened and smiled at her words that he needed her and vice versa, letting her finish speaking. "Yes I do need someone for certain tasks, and I hope you could fill that role. As for leaving, it is as I said before, take your leave. I wont stop you. I need a willing partner, not someone with thoughts of escape."

He paused and let his words sink in that he needed her but he was willing to let her go. "As for my skills, you know enough. I have saved you when I could have let them take you." He pondered a moment then gave her a bit more information, "I can also provide you means to help your escape should things get dangerous for you."
Raenfae
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Caddy Twist on July 27th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Caddy watched Raenfae's eyes as he spoke. He was obviously playing with her, and she wasn't impressing him. Damn. She thought, shifting her weight again. Either he was an excellent actor, or Raenfae was genuinly interested in being associated with Caddy. There was only one other person in Caddy's life that was willing and happy to befriend Caddy. Glancing Raenfae over, she could see he was only looking for her skills, not her. He stood in a relaxed position, with one hand in his pocket and one at his side. Raenfae's feet were both planted firmly on the ground, evenly supporting his weight. To Caddy, he screamed Confidence. So, Caddy concluded, Raenfae is either extrmely stupid, mentally ill, or he's clever.

Caddy stepped forward and stuck out her hand.

"The name's Caddy. Caddy Twist." She said, adding a very, very small upturn of her lips. "What can I do'ya for?"

Last edited by Caddy Twist on August 15th, 2012, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Raenfae on August 15th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Raenfae let the woman look him over in silence, patiently waiting. There was no need to rush things that would happen as they were meant to, for good or ill. For himself, he kept his eyes trained on hers, intrigued. They were so unique, something he was sure he could use to his advantage, maybe distracting someone to gain what he wanted, maybe scaring others off who would think her a servant of dark gods and goddesses.

As her hand came out, Raenfae glanced at it, deciding how warm he should be to her, or should he stay cold. Every action is calculated, an influence on one's emotions and thoughts, and the best way to guide a ship was with subtle motions and turns. Looking back to her eyes, he smiled and nodded his head. "Pleasure to meet you Caddy. I would willingly accept your handshake, but I do not remember if that vial had anything on it that would cause an itch or other irritation. I would suggest washing your hand off to be safe. As for what you can do for me...that question is one with not one, but many parts. Just as what I can do for you is answered the same way."

Gesturing her to follow, he started walking along the path. "I ultimately seek certain items to aid me in my life. Money is not an ultimate desire of mine, but it is a tool to serve my ultimate ends. Not everything I need has to be stolen, sometimes it is free for the taking. Are you willing to help me for help I can provide? Safety, as well as means to help yourself in catchy situations, such as today, when I am unable to help you?"
Raenfae
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Caddy Twist on August 15th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Caddy dropped her hand. Before following behind him. Caddy hadn't decided to trust him, trust was an unidetifiable entity that people like her and Raenfae were alienated to. But Caddy like what he offered, she didn't like the benefits as much as she was interested in him. Similar to a game of chess, Raenfae was the queen. Even though he was male, he had all the power and controlled his army. Raenfae had a goal. Either to keep his King, which could be his lifestyle, a special someone or a secret of his. Or he was after his enemy's king, which was either to get rid of an enemy, or acquire something of importance to him. Or he wasn't after anything at all, but then this would hardly be a game of chess. Caddy was just a pawn of his, probably one of his first. But with careful maneuvering she would soon be a bishop, attacking his enemy's from a blind angle. Caddy didn't like it, becuase everyone wanted to be the queen of their game. But Caddy had chosen to join his, so she would have to be his best player, what or whoever the cost. Unconsciously Caddy had started on the path of being loyal to someone else to reap benefits for her self

"Yeah, We already established who gets what. But I hope you have a plan because sitting around and waiting for you is not on my agenda." She said, setting some boundaries. Even though she was bluffing because truthfully Caddy lead a very boring life. Most people would think with the amount of thefts she does per day or even week, that her life wouldn't be but when you grow up with something it doesn't become special anymore. Like when a fish swims, it thinks nothing of it or how special or hard it is to swim, it just swims, because that's how it survives. She rarely had anything to do with her time and never has she ever had a full schedule. But the main reason that Caddy had agreed is not out of benefits, well actually yeah safety and defense were really handy to have, but because she was curious. Curiosity was the main reason Caddy did anything, and Raenfae was skilled in whatever the vile contained. Not only that, but he was cunning, and he had a plan. Raenfae was built to get what he wants, tearing down anything or anyone who stood in his way. Caddy had never seen someone like him before and she wanted to know more about him, and Caddy was going to figure him out.

Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stealing Poison

Postby Raenfae on August 15th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Raenfae nodded at her words, "I do not expect you to serve me solely. You have your own agenda I am sure and you can do well for yourself acting on your own without me guiding each step, but I do expect you to be ready to act when I ask it of you. Is that too much to ask of you?"

Raenfae was indeed playing a game, moving a few small pieces around slowly, testing the waters of his opponents and his pieces. Every move had to be made with several more plans ready to go, always pushing the attack, directly or indirectly. Did he have a grand plan or scheme he was building to? Ultimately no, he was just surviving and furthering himself.

"Are you able to read or write? Or even copy down what you see if you cannot read it?" And can you gather well enough? Plants and animals that is."

If she were to serve him, he needed to know her limits, her strengths and weaknesses. He could not afford a weak tool in his repertoire.
Raenfae
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next