[Silver Sliver]Love is blind, but what of lust?[Vondra]

A few citizens of Ravok visit a tavern for various reasons.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 23rd, 2012, 10:44 am

29 Summer 512

Clyde was about done for the day. He had been out and about all day, doing the various things he did on a day to day basis, which were none of anyone else business, should they ask. Usually it involved something magic related, but today Clyde had taken a day off of magic, to rest and restore his djed.

He found it was good to take a bit to recharge, intermittently, so as to not end up exhausting himself, and getting into trouble with magic. So he currently had no plans to do any magic today. Would prefer not to have to.

He walked in, and settled at an empty table, one of many. There did not seem to be a huge amount of people in the bar right then. Clyde wore his normal shirt and pants, along with his robes. Though he wore the robes more because he liked them, than because he needed them for warmth. He was not one for fancy clothing, even though he could afford better.

"I will take a mug of ale."

He said, as a barmaid passed by. She nodded in recognition of his order, and went on delivering previous mugs to other patrons.

For know there was nothing to do but wait for her to return with the mug of ale. Perhaps he would socialize? Maybe... Maybe not... It was tough to tell which days he was in the mood to do so, and to interact with other people, and which days he just wanted to be left alone. Though it also depended upon the person doing the interrupting.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 24th, 2012, 12:50 am

Vondra’s mama had left her at the tavern while she went off on ‘business’, it irked her to know end that her mother was better at this than she was. Even the light din of noise and the promise of comforting bodies and familiar smells did not soothe her wounded pride. Honestly, for her mama to steal a potential was just ridiculous.

Ignoring her slightly simmering temper she decided to find something more enjoyable to do, full of drunks or not there was at least interesting stories to listen too. Spreading her arms away from her body a little to stop her from running into anything directly she didn’t head straight to the bar for once but looked for a table, hearing a voice nearby ask for a mug of ale that did not sound entirely smashed. Her smile fell into place at the promise and she self-assuredly placed herself in the chair before speaking.

“This seat isn’t taken is it?” resting her elbows on the table she leaned forward a bit, wondering vaguely if she was even looking at the person but shrugged it off. Concentrated practice (and her mama’s nagging) taught her to always keep her eyes moving and keep her weakness hidden. “And what brings you to the tavern?”

She kept her voice light, it did not sound particularly busy and she wondered exactly what time it was for it was rare that any tavern had so little patrons floating about.

“Would you mind ordering my drink for me? Afraid my last visit did not have them wanting to serve me ale again.” It was both a friendly request and flat out lie. She just couldn’t pinpoint precisely where the barmaid was and without a crowd shouting would be too attention grabbing. Out of pure habit she winked in what she hoped was the general direction of her soon-to-be companion.

Notice: Hey all, apologies for any delay's, my computer freezes a lot but posting shouldn't take any longer than a week!
Vondra Valencia
Player

Words: 39439
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 24th, 2012, 1:29 am

Clyde had only been partially been paying attention, when he saw movement, and someone sitting down. At first, he had assumed that it was the barmaid with his drink, but quickly dispelled that. This woman was not the serving woman, and she had no drinks. Which meant she was just some random woman, sitting at his table. How odd.

Clyde of course, was suspicious. Already, his paranoid mind, was spinning off tales of why this woman had done this. Living in Ravok had made him suspicious, and always looking for ulterior motives... But then again, was it being paranoid and suspicious, if nineteen times out of twenty, he was right?

In rapid order, the woman settled herself into the chair, and asked him a series of questions. He simply sat there wondering what her deal was, as she asked another question. Finally, he was about to answer, when she winked, just over his right shoulder. What the petch? Was she signalling to someone else?

Clyde looked in the direction behind him and off a bit, that she had winked in... In fact, about 3 men were sitting at a table there... Petch, he really had been wanting to avoid magic... But it seemed there was some kind of set up. Clyde misreading her ill-aimed wink as a signal, was not convinced of the stories falsity, even though none of the men seemed to be looking at this woman. Perhaps they were playing it cool? Were they planning to steal from him, or perhaps follow him off somewere to mug and kill him?

Deciding to nip it in the bud, Clyde formulated a plan to make sure they would leave him alone.

He rummaged in his bag, and applied his Institute badge to his robes. Most in Ravok knew that was not a place easy to gain admittance to, and that it tended to work as a bit of a deterrent, unsure of what skill they had that enable them to be a student.

"No it is not taken. Though it seems you have already settled in haven't you?"

The next bit Clyde said a bit louder than strictly necessary, to make sure the people at the other table could hear it, and know he was not one to be messed with.

"Oh, I enjoy a drink now and then, after a long hard day of work at the Institute of Higher Learning. All that studying and such. A mage does need to unwind."

Saying this, he tapped his staff on the ground a few times, and leaned a bit, to make sure his badge was clearly visible on his chest. Not knowing such a maneuver was useless.

As the barmaid passed to bring an order to another table, Clyde asked for another drink for his new table mate, before continuing on in a more normal tone.

"So what brings you here? And I did not catch your name... What was it?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 24th, 2012, 1:54 am

She was not in the least bothered by his tone, in fact, her smile became true and widened a bit, “Yes, I am pretty comfortable here.”

But soon Vondra’s grin didn’t know whether to fall or become a full grown smile and add laughter. It was just her luck she would get someone a little slow. Ah, well, generally they were safer than most besides it meant she could simply talk, which suited her just fine, wouldn’t want her mama to steal this one too. Without so much as a bat of an eyelash she began to slow her words for the rest of the conversation, didn't want the man getting confused and shouting again. “I’m right here you know. No need to yell.”

“A mage, huh? So what does a mage do?”
she knew of magic and she remembered hearing the two terms inter-linked but it didn’t exactly link in her mind. Magic wasn’t something she understood and what she did know was only the simplest of ideas. “Does it—“

She cut off abruptly at the noises coming from her new companions directions and furrowed her brow in confusion, what the hell was this man doing? Deciding she would probably rather not know Vondra laughed lightly and waved her hand at his next questions. “What brings anyone to a tavern?”

Hearing a clink to her right she realized her ale had come and took a deep swing, enjoying the bubbling that slid down her throat and settled with a curl in her stomach. She almost wished the effects were faster, drinking always was a pleasant past time. Having generally pinpointed his location better she scooted both herself and her drink closer before speaking, her hand purposely resting close on the edge of her chair.

“My mama stole someone from me so I’m coming to drown my loss.” She said bitterly and taking another swig of her drink, “And my name is Vondra, yours?”

Tilting her head she tried to pretend she was focusing on the others face, wherever it might be and leaned forward a bit, trying to do so subtlety and not make her seem completely desperate. Which is exactly what her mama said she usually came off as, her nails dug into the chair slightly. She was not desperate she enjoyed company. End of story. If it was between the sheets or not it did not matter so long as they both left happy and most of the time they did.

Gritting her teeth a bit she brightened rapidly, it didn’t matter what her mother said, she would be the best, the only and she only need practice and patience. The latter was not her strong point though. Her own little pep talk seemed to brighten her and she continued talking, completely oblivious to the other’s bit of confusion.

“I plan on another of these, would you mind ordering again?”

Notice: Hey all, apologies for any delay's, my computer freezes a lot but posting shouldn't take any longer than a week!
Vondra Valencia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 24th, 2012, 2:14 am

Clyde simply stared back, having returned to his normal tone and speed, after that one little bit that was to loud. Apparently she had decided the best response, was to mock him a bit for it. Odd. Though he was still not certain if he was safe, from whatever this plot was she was involved in. She seemed far to calm, and he doubted she was that good at playing things cool. Usually though, he did his best to hide the fact of him being a mage... Though it had been needed this time, for his own safety, to reveal it.

As there drinks came, and Clyde took a sip, this other woman began drinking with a gusto. He hoped she did not assume he was going to pay for her drinks. He did not pay for the ale of complete strangers. That fact had actually gotten him into a fight earlier in the season... In which he had set on fire someones eyebrows, who was bothering him...

He did notice as she slid a bit closer to him, resting her free hand on her chair. There was something a bit off about her, he just could not settle on what...

He did wonder a bit on, on her next comment... Her mother stole someone from her? What the petch did that even mean? He had no clue. Vondra. Well, a name was a name. He had asked for it. But he could not settle on what was off about her. She seemed a bit odd... But he could not rest his finger on why exactly... Perhaps his observation skills were just not honed enough for it to be obvious... But he would do his best to pay attention to details, enough to try and figure it out.

"Vondra. Nice to meet you. I am Clyde. Though I wonder, what exactly do you mean, when you say your mother stole someone from you? And is that a common thing for her to do?"

Clyde did as she asked, and ordered another ale for her from the barmaid, just now taking a second sip of his own. He was a slow drinker, taking his time with it, and did not often get drunk. The last thing he needed was getting intoxicated, loosing a fireball in his inebriation, and having to pay for a new tavern. But it seemed this woman was dead set upon getting drunk.

"What does a mage do? A little of this, a little of that. Whatever particular skill is needed of me. What of you? What is your profession?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 25th, 2012, 5:32 am

She waved her hand a bit as she spoke, realizing she may be drinking a bit too fast because the movement threw her sense of balance a bit. This time when it landed she felt a thigh but made no move to remove her hand, it would have landed there on purpose eventually. “I’m sure I can make it an even nicer time eventually.”

It wasn’t suave and it was said a bit too quickly as she flushed a bit on rushing through the answer to his question. Her free hand tightening around her mug and polishing off the last of her first before feeling around a bit for the second and taking a large gulp, sputtering a bit as she did so.

“My mama thinks it’s amusing to watch me fail at practicing getting customers. It does happen too petching often. Oh. I mean much too often.” Mama was always telling her not to swear with potentials but it was hard not to sometimes, especially when she drank or was frustrated and currently she was warring with both and her urge to enjoy Clyde’s company. “A little of everything?”

She smirked slightly and leaned forward a bit, feeling the heat of skin and assuming it was his face though her eyes couldn’t focus on it properly she was sure.

“I’m sure a little of everything comes in handy.”

Vondra finally pulled back a bit, squeezing Clyde’s thigh before placing her hand in her own lap and sipping her drink as she debated answering. If her profession were not obvious by now what exactly did he think her to be? Then again she was not wearing too revealing of clothing, her blouse on a bit lower than most women’s. She was beginning to feel a bit light headed, the effects of her drink beginning to catch up with her and her new drink not helping the situation. Swaying a bit in her chair she face the opposite direction as she spoke. “My profession is whatever you like it to be a for a night.”

It was only after she realized what she had done and whipped her head around, continuing to drink her drink and smiling with a bit of a blush. She hated it when she did that. Trying to drive his attention away from her little slip up Vondra questioned him a bit more, though a part of her was genuinely curious.

“What magic do mages practice? All of it or only some?”

Vondra Valencia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2012, 3:49 pm

As Clyde sat there, well he certainly learned the woman was forward, she spoke, moving around her hand, settling it on his thigh. He looked down at it, a bit unsure of what her game was, when she did not remove it.

Though her next words, he was not so certain of. She could make it a nicer time? What the petch was that supposed to mean? The innuendo she was making, went right over Clyde's head.

He did notice however her reaching for her second mug... She did not just go right for it, but simply moved her hand around carefully, and when she brushed upon it, finally took it... Was she that drunk already, that she was seeing extra?

Honestly, he was a bit of a hard person to flirt with. For one, statements often went over his head. For two, he was not as reactive to touches and such. In fact, he did not really like being touched or enjoy it in particular. It was not painful or anything, he simply felt no enjoyment in it. Making most of her attempts on his thigh, useless.

He moved back a bit, as she brought her face in close to his, not really comfortable being that close to someone he had just met. What was her deal? She was acting quite odd, for someone he had just met. She seemed oddly in a hurry.

But she made one mistake to many, as she looked in the opposite direction, as she spoke to him. And he finally realized, she was a hooker. Only because he had heard that said to someone else, who then went off to sleep with the woman. So obviously a hooker.

Along with that... She seemed to have some sight issues. Could she not see at all, or was she just nearsighted.

Clyde quietly waved his hand around in front of her face, to see how she reacted or blinked, to check... Maybe she was blind... Following that, he made a very blunt statement, as was his nature.

"Oh your a whore? Sorry, I am not looking to buy, what I can get for free. Though I suppose that does explain why you were in such a rush..."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 25th, 2012, 4:21 pm

The drink caught in her throat as she collected her bearings, her metaphoric hackles rising up at the others comment and completely oblivious to hand save for a soft whisper of air. Of course, her leaning forward caused her cheek to brush against his hand in a not exactly gentle manner. Pulling back and slammed her drink on the table feeling the liquid splash on her hand. Carefully raising her hand she licked the liquid off and spoke in a slightly poisonous tone. “No one said you had to pay, I enjoy company same as anyone…though maybe you should.”

Continuing her voice a little louder than necessary, “And my profession does not only involve sex you know! I do have other uses for my petching mouth.”

Her voice died to a whisper as she hissed angrily and she had the strange urge to punch the other. His tone was too…he sounded just like her mama. Always telling her how she needed to slow down and reel them in. Reel them in nothing. Drunks had sex, end of story. And Vondra was planning on getting drunk.

Smirking a little off kilter she made polished off her drink demanding in a louder than necessary voice that she have another. Pushing herself off the table and feeling the pleasant warmth in her belly begin to spread she leaned down to the other.

“If you don’t need company I can go elsewhere.”

Elsewhere turned out to be straight into the tables edge and she squeaked loudly, falling back into the chair and clutching at her hip and letting out a string of curses. Well, this was turning out to be a fine time. First she meets a slow person and now said slow person was seemingly mocking her. Or she was simply getting a little drunk. Her mama would be so proud. Sighing she gave up all pretense and gazed over at the other blankly as she heard her drink swish beside her. She wouldn’t be paying for this, either she would continue trying to con Clyde into doing it or she would have her mama do it.

Vondra Valencia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Clyde had not really been attempting to be rude. Had simply stated a fact, when he had been alerted to it. This woman though had reacted quite harshly to it. Quite the opposite, to how she had reacted to his hand. Which was not at all...

Which now made him think, she was in fact blind. Could not see at all. How had she even managed to get in here? It was a wonder. Though selling ones body, seemed a rather dangerous occupation, for one that could not see.

"Well the way you said it, it seemed as that was what you meant. I can't say I have met to many of your profession, that did not charge. So you can understand why I would assume that is what you were saying."

Clyde smiled at her, realizing that she could not see it. What an odd predicament.

"I did not mean to offend you. Would it make you feel better, if I offered to pay for your ales? Would that be a good recompense?"

Clyde of course, had no plan of getting drunk. He might drink an ale, maybe two, but was not planning to get outright drunk. Which of course, made her job even more difficult, in dealing with a sober person. Though really, paying for a few cheap ales, was not exactly going to break his coffers.

"Now now, calm down before you end up getting hurt. I never said you had to leave. We can sit here and be civil, and talk."

But really, if that was how she treated all her patrons, so rudely and angrily, he saw why she had issues keeping customers.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 26th, 2012, 2:34 am

Once more she felt a heat run through her, a mixture of frustration (at many things), shame and sadness as the other spoke. Her back straightened and leaned away from Clyde, her eyes darkening along with her lighting from bot her moisture and her heightening internal maelstrom. Lowering her eyes she frowned, “No, that would not make me feel better. Though it would be appreciated.”

“You’re not happy are you?”
her frown deepened a bit as she deftly grabbed her third drink, drinking it no slower than the last two. “I want you to be happy in my company.”

She found a great weight settle on her as she always did when she felt as if she displeasing someone, it was no different than the feeling she had when her mother stole her customers. As if she could not make them as happy. But she could! Or at least she wanted to.

Honestly she had forgotten how moody alcohol made or how fast it hit. But it seemed that they couldn’t see eye to eye either for Clyde no longer seemed slow and her initial impression had been wrong and obviously he did know her. She continued sipping in a brooding silence for a few moments before trying again.

“I would like to sit and talk with you or whatever else it is you’d like to do.” Her words began to rush out, though sincere they were jumbled, the warm liquid beginning to go to her head with a vengeance. The continuous stream in her mug not helping matters, though she made no move to stop drinking. Fumbling a bit she grabbed his hand her face earnest and a bit pleading, “Tell me more about magic.”

Vondra Valencia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next