An Unsuspecting Aide (Asher)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Cinna on July 24th, 2012, 2:27 am

Timestamp: 32nd Spring, 512 AV, Mid Afternoon

Hethe could be found this day busily writing in one of his many journals, writing on his findings on a plant that kept eluding his grasp, the Lorkh’Grapha. The plant was highly dangerous itself, but was able to produce a dreamless sleeping drought if boiled properly. He has spent several years studying this local plant, busily trying to unlock its secrets while also avoiding its deadly scent. The unique odor that rose from the plant would send anyone that is unwary into a coma, eventually killing the individual. Hethe hoped to be able to gather one of the plants and successfully create the drought, his previous teacher having learned how...but Hethe was in no shape to do this. Thanks to the efforts of a peculiar snake woman and S'Vanka, Hethe had survived that fateful day in the clearing, and he was grateful that he had survived. But unfortunately his body had not quite recovered from the ordeal.

Hethe could now be seen with a cane, his body not quite fit enough to get around properly. Even his arm that was injured would not move as well as it used to, soreness seeping all the way into his bones at times. It frustrated him, to be reduced to this state with all his skill in herbs and medicine, but there was nothing that he was able to do. S'Vanka was not strong enough herself to oversee the physical therapy that he desperately needed, spending much of her own time resting to recover from her own ordeal when she was not dealing with patients.

He closed his journal with a mighty sigh, attempting to get up from his desk with a wince as he shuffled around his library, trying to work the stiffness from his muscles. "Blast a Jamoura my age should be reduced to this,"he grumbled, moving about the room to attempt to give his body the workout that it needed.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Asher Salvatore Arc on July 25th, 2012, 5:00 am

Salvatore hadn’t know exactly what to expect when he actually paid attention to where he was. He didn’t expect the amount of books though and he carefully began sifting through them, quickly becoming absorbed in all the titles. Needless to say he jumped a bit when he heard a voice. Cocking his head he turned towards the direction of the voice and set his book back on the shelf. Watching the Jamouran with interest. He rarely seen them injured, in his mind that was a nearly impossible feat. They had such raw power though for all he knew their structure was as delicate as he own.

“And what age would that be.” Lovely introduction, ever heard of saying hello. “Oh, right. Hello.” Gesturing to the others entire body with a sweep of his arm, “What is wrong with your leg?”

Tact was a lost concept with Salvatore, generally speaking any doctoral thing that intrigued him made it even less so. In fact he was already moving lazily forward his eyes roving over the other as he attempted to gauge precisely what was wrong. They walked different than he did and he could exactly tell if it truly was an injury. Then again, a limp was a limp. “Are you a patient here or do you work here?” Probably could have asked that first. “True but it’s not really important now, is it?” No. And would you look at that, a cane!

Moving past the other he plucked up the cane at the table turning it over a few times in his hand, a contemplative expression on his face. He was still unsure as to whether Jamouran anatomy was similar to human or animals but either way he did not believe very heavily in support items. They usually made a person dependent rather than actually fix anything.

“This is yours then?”
Asher Salvatore Arc
The Doctor Is In

Words: 31584
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2012, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Cinna on August 2nd, 2012, 11:12 pm

Hethe turned at the sound of a voice, not realizing that he was not alone in the ward. Odd. He usually did not have visitors, or ones that new specifically about this library unless they were as student of his, and this man did not look like a student that he had taught. He bristled slightly at the introduction and jab at his condition, huffing loudly and wondering if the man was slightly mad as he came closer to Hethe, obviously looking for any wound. "I am not a patient here, whoever you are, I am one of the owners of this place,"he said, ignoring the question about his age.

Hethe watched with a frown as the man picked up his cane, turning it over in his hands with an odd look on his face. He shouldn't have left it out and was now regretting that decision and the decision to not lock the door behind him. Hethe came forward slowly and plucked the cane out of the small man's grasp, huffing once again partly from irritation and partly from pain before he turned around and walked away, his muscles protesting. "If you must know, it is mine,"he said gruffly, picking up some books off of the table and moving to put them back in their proper places.

"Who are you and what are you doing here,"he asked after a few moments of silence, his back turned as he put away the books, still leaning heavily on the cane. He didn't know who this man was or why he was even in here, preferring to spend his time alone.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)