[Infirmary] Desperate Bargaining (Nira, Iris, Kaeson)

When life teeters on a precarious edge, how do you go on?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Iris Timandre on August 2nd, 2012, 6:31 am

82nd of Summer, 512
Iris got quiet, she had once tried to heal the boy that Tock was crying for. It had failed, so right off the bat Iris knew there was no way she could do anything to help the child. The healer watched Tock, she looked broken and Iris didn't like it.

"I wish there was somehting we could do? How could something this bad happen to such an innocent child?"

The Konti wanted answers. She was tired of people getting sick and there being no explanation for it. This plague in Zeltiva was starting to get out of hand. The sad part was, Iris could be sick of it all she wanted to but she wouldn't be able to make a difference at all.

"Tock.....I'm sorry...." Those words escaped Iris' mouth. She truely was sorry for being useless. Not living up to the White Isle's reputation, at least that's what Iris thought. A lone tear fell down the healer's right cheek. This would have been the second time Tock seen Iris cry. Quickly, Iris tried to wipe away the tear but a second fell down her left cheek.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Words: 71783
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaeson Dakano on August 2nd, 2012, 10:27 pm

Still outside the room, Kaeson couldn't help but feel a pain of guilt as he saw Tock desperately plead for the life of the sickly child. Kaeson had never seen Tock so desperate, so clearly out of control. He still wasn't comfortable with the idea of getting whatever had striken the boy, but he supposed the doctors would have warned them prior to everyone else entering the room should the disease be contagious.

So Kaeson carefully walked up, and gently hugged Tock -- just like his grandmother had done for him whenever he had cried.

"Maybe...maybe we could do an offering to Rak'keli?" Kaeson asked aloud, looking at the Konti and doctors "I mean, I don't know how we would even contact a goddess -- gods, I don't even know if that's we can do, but it should be worth a try, right?" Kaeson said, looking around the solem room or reassurance. "She's the goddess of healing, so she's the one we'd want to contact. If any one could do anything for, uh, Rickey, it'll be her."
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 2nd, 2012, 10:46 pm

Tock hadn't had any idea how much she needed a hug until she felt Kaeson's arms around her. She slipped her arms around him and clung to him, shaking. She couldn't remember the last time someone had held her and comforted her... Satevis? That may have been the last time.

She held him tight, holding him as close as she could, her tear-stained cheek pressed against his. Idly it occurred to her that, of all the people in Zeltiva, she'd probably known him the longest. He'd been one of the first people she met when she came here. She suddenly felt horribly guilty about the fight they'd had a few weeks ago, and the way she'd treated him.

Being faced with the impending death of someone else she cared about made her suddenly worry about the connections she had. About how she treated the people closest to her. Sniffling, she whispered in his ear, "I's sorry..."

She didn't have the strength to say what she was sorry for. Hopefully, he'd understand.

When he suggested praying, she pulled back slightly, still keeping her arms around his neck. She nodded, wiping her face against her upper sleeve to wipe away some of the tears. "Will 'at work?" she ashed Iris, looking up at her pleadingly. Right now, she'd try anything. "If we prays o' somethin'... o' if'n I says sorry fer callin' 'er a petchin' bitch... can she fix him?"

She struggled back to her feet, still clinging to Kaeson. She didn't think she had the strength to hold herself up without him just then.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Nira'lia on August 3rd, 2012, 5:48 pm

Nira’lia saw that Iris was starting to cry. Then there was Kaeson, who had taken to comforting Tock. The general aura of the room weighed heavily on Nira’lia’s shoulders. The Konti felt immensely sad for the boy, but at the same time, it wasn’t enough for her to shed tears just as Iris was.

‘What is wrong with me…?’

Kaeson had suggested praying to Rak’keli, and Nira’lia knew she had already done that. A person with a Goddess’s mark could feel if the Goddess was near, and the Konti couldn’t feel Rak’keli close by… at all. She believed, though – she believed that Rak’keli would hear them, and that if the Goddess deemed so, she would appear to help the boy.

“You called her a bitch, Tock?” whispered Nira’lia, the alarm evident in her expression. She had, never before in her life, never heard someone speak about any of her Goddesses in such a way. Anger welled up inside her, but she pushed it aside. The Konti didn’t know how to lash out at people, and more importantly, she had no idea how to do that to Tock in a time like this. “Uhm… Tock, you should. You should pray to the Mother. Here, I’ll pray with you.”

Nira’lia smiled at the forlorn Iris and gestured for her fellow Konti to do the same thing. She doubted that Iris wouldn’t do this for Tock.

Slowly, Nira’lia kneeled down beside the boy’s bed and bowed her head, and she prayed… prayed that Rak’keli would come.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Iris Timandre on August 5th, 2012, 12:05 am

82nd of Summer, 512
Deep down, Iris didn't believe Tock praying to Rak'keli would make much of a difference. Tock had already insulted the Goddess and to her misfortune she now needed said Goddess. But the Konti walked up to the child's bedside and kneeled next to Nira.

Iris had kept her eyes open. After all she had seen in Zeltiva she had a small thought that Rak'keli wasn't with the city. Zeltiva didn't worship Rak'keli. There weren't many people within the city wanting to start a temple, or create a shrine. Iris had lost hope for Mikey.

"Tock...Join us.... those three words escaped the Konti's mouth.

She thought and prayed to the Goddess to help Mikey. But out of all of the fatally ill people in the city, why would the Goddess help this one child? The healer looked up at Tock. The woodcarver was Iris' friend, and she vowed to tell it straight to Tock. Iris owed it to Tock. She deserved to know the truth.

"Remember when I said I'd always tell you the truth. The healing Goddess isn't with this child, she isn't going to help him. Nor is she going to help Zeltiva. It's a harsh truth I know. But I refuse to sit here and lie to your face. Give you hope for something that's.......not going to happen."

Iris stared directly into Tock's eyes. She wasn't going to look away because she felt bad.

"Any hope we had of that happening is probably gone now, Tock."

She thought back to when Tock called the healing Goddess a bitch. It wasn't the smartest thing to do.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Words: 71783
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 10th, 2012, 3:34 am

OOCSo, Kaeson said he'd be gone for awhile. I'm gonna go ahead and post since he suggested moving along without him for now. And with Tock's emotional state at this point in the thread, she's just about ready to go home and cry herself to sleep. So this'll probably be Tock's last post of the thread. Let me know if you guys are going to have another final closing post a piece, or if you want to end it here.

Tock didn't know how to pray. She'd only done it once before, really, and that had been when Iris was leading her through it. The prayer had been on Kontinese, and she hadn't even understood the words she'd been repeating. So she didn't know what to do except kneel there next to the Konti and say over and over again in her mind, Please please please please please please please please please make 'im better...

When she was done, she turned to Iris... and felt like she'd just been slapped across the face. She stared at the Konti, feeling... empty. Part of her wanted to be angry, but she was so drained and devoid of any emotion at this point that she couldn't even summon the energy to yell.

So she just swung her arm back and slapped Iris as hard as she could across the face.

She didn't have any words. She couldn't think straight enough just then to even find something to say. It was so unfair... and the words so harsh. She wanted to scream in Iris's face, tell her that her no good petching Goddess could...

She didn't even have the energy. She clung to Kaeson, rising to her feet. She stared at him with dead eyes and whispered, "I wanna go 'ome. Jus'... take me 'ome..."

She didn't even look back at Iris as they left, Tock clinging to Kaeson the entire way. If she didn't have him there just then, she didn't think she'd have had the strength to stand.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Arcane on August 31st, 2012, 7:01 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Tock :
Experience Points
n/a

Lores
Mikey's Coma
The Truth about the Attention of Deities
Hopelessness regarding Mikey's Situation
Stage of Loss: Bargaining

Miscellaneous
Ledger: -44gm
+44 Status Points

Comments
n/a

Nira :
Experience Points
n/a

Lores
Gift: Iris' Happiest Memory
Iris Timandre the Fellow Rak'keli Marked
Iris Timandre the Konti
Mikey's Coma
Gift: Mikey's Time with Tock
Tock's Helpless Grief

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
n/a

Iris :
Experience Points
n/a

Lores
Nira the Fellow Rak'keli Marked
Nira the Konti
Mikey's Coma
Tock's Helpless Grief

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
n/a

Kaeson :
Experience Points
n/a

Lores
Mikey's Coma
Tock's Helpless Grief

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
n/a

In Conclusion
I... am so depressed now :( WHY MIKEY WHYYYY :((

This is such an emotional thread, and it signals a definite step in character development, especially towards Tock's mindset regarding the issues involved. I am grateful to everyone here for allowing me this insight.

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous