Watch Your Step! (Nosferious Kainetu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Joseph on May 3rd, 2010, 1:45 am

Joseph was curious as to what Kainetu was going to buy in this shop. He looked around curious about almost everything in this shop. His large beady eyes taking a quick gaze at a few items. He asked the same question at a few items, which would be obvious to a human adult but since he was 2 and never received anything like a proper education he had to ask about many things. He was curious what was in the bag but he didn't want to be obnoxious. He wished he could help him pay for the itens, but he had no moeny of any kind.

He sat in the book like it was a throne for a king. It seemed odd for him to be so proud, he was sitting in a book! He wasn't use to comfort like this. He looked at the lump of clay the man offered him, smiled at him and took it. He nibbled at it like a mouse, only taking a tiny bit and chewing it a lot. He looked at this man with a grateful smile. Pycons needed to eat clay and since he had no money, it was hard to get it.
Joseph
Player

Words: 7287
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2010, 6:00 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 3rd, 2010, 2:12 pm

Nosferious looked forward, watching the bustling streets of people going about their business. He finished his bread over time, and at the end, he looked down at the little Pycon. "Now, before I ended up kicking you, what exactly were you up to?" he asked, keeping a friendly tone. 'I'm not sure what he was doing however, I feel it must be hard for him at such a size. At the very least if he needs to do something I can help with I should help,' he thought to himself, keeping the calmed face in hopes to get a reply from Joseph.
Syliras Dusk's Office. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic1973.html
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Words: 20391
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2010, 7:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Joseph on May 3rd, 2010, 2:35 pm

Joseph was finishing up his clay as Kainetu asked the question. He looked down at the ground. He thought about if he should tell him, and decided it was best to tell him, what was the worst that could happen? Joseph held up his py-pole, sat up, made a few swings and said proudly " I was training to become a great warrior!" He looked at the man waiting for his response. He stood there proud with his py-pole in hand. Hopefully he wouldn't laugh and giggle at the idea of a pycon warrior. Every one else he told it too did. Sometimes he wondered how his grandfather become one.
Joseph
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 3rd, 2010, 2:56 pm

Nosferious eyed the Pycon for a moment who swung and replied, trying to hold up a bit of pride. His mind was racked with thoughts about this, 'The Pycon warriors, though small are supposedly extremely dangerous. I can't picture this little one as much a threat however, I wasn't able to picture Kinu and Kiyu as one either.' He then looked at the Pycon again and it's miniscule size and replied calmly, "You are small. You seem weak. You also seem easily frightened." he began, patting the Pycon on the head, "However, I've read a story about your kind. They are small. They seem weak. They also seem easily scared because of their size. But they are some of the strongest people around."

With this he gave a hint to the Joseph, saying that even if he looks small and weak, he must have an inner strength Nosferious could not see yet. A hint that his new human friend believed that it as more then possible.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Joseph on May 3rd, 2010, 10:10 pm

Joseph looked at this man with a hint of disgust. He knew what this man was trying to do, he was trying to come up with some way to cheer him up. He waited to hear what this man had to say, see what he could come up with. But as this man said his words, Joseph was a little surprised. Instead of comforting him, he insulted him and his people. He turned away, his back facing him. He didn't want to spend another second with this man. But as the man finished his sentence, Joseph stopped. He stayed silent, he was deep in thought reflecting on what this man had said.
Joseph
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 4th, 2010, 12:31 am

Nosferious remained silent to allow his little friend to reflect on what was said, however unsure if what he ment was understood. Unsure of the silence all he did was lean back into the seat, examining the remainder of the bread of purchase. However, the silence of only seconds became a horrid thing, striking into his mind. 'Did he understand what I ment? Did he take offense to what I had to say?' he thought to himself, tempted to ask but continued sitting in worry instead. Finally he could bear it no more, raising his hand and placing it over Joseph's back as though supporting him, "Keep working at it. I followed my dream as well and became what I wanted. I became a teacher, and never regreted it. Nor would I have regretted it if I failed to become one up to this point, simply because I had the strength to keep at it.

If this Pycon dreamed of becoming a great warrior then he couldn't help but want to support it. After having his own dream filled, he couldn't help but want to support the little man's dream.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Joseph on May 4th, 2010, 12:54 am

The long wait seemed to take forever. Joseph was thinking about what this man had said. Was he just trying to comfort him? Or was he speaking the truth? Thoughts like this filled his mind in the silence. He thought about all this, after thinking for a while, he thought this man had told the truth. There was something in the way he said it, it had to be the truth. He felt this man put his hand against his back and listened to what he had to say. " Such passion, this has to be the truth." Joseph looked at the streets. This man was giving him support, he must've believed in him. Not many people (including pycons) gave him support for his dream. But this man did. He turned around solemly and slowly and did the best he could to hug this man. Being a pycon, it was nothing like a hug from any other creature. But it was meaningful.
Joseph
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 4th, 2010, 1:07 am

Nosferious watched Joseph try his best to hug him, then slowly patted him on the back. "Okay now. Tell me, how exactly do you expect to train?" he asked, eyeing the Pycon curiously.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Joseph on May 4th, 2010, 1:23 am

Joseph looked up at the man. "Well...uh...I...uh...pretend...I'm a hero." If pycons could blush, his face would be as red as rose. He was embarassed to tell all this. It seemed normal to him but to a human it must've seemed weird. There wasn't a good way for a pycon to practice. Most humans sparred with each other or trained with a master but for a pycon...both of those options were hard. There were barely any pycon warriors in Mizahar, a few brave individuals like him learned the art of fighting. But it was hard to learn. He looked at his spear. Joseph wondered why he wanted to be one. Why wasn't he like other pycons? Why did he pursue this art? Then he remembered the statue of his grandfather.
Joseph
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 4th, 2010, 1:56 am

Nosferious smacked his hands together, frowning at the thought. "Pretending to be, when you wish to be." he began before suddenly bellowing out with a laugh, "I love it! I used to pretend to be a teacher too, the people around me usually got mad because I'de end up scolding them like I would a student or because I wouldn't shut up about literary practices." He lifted his little Pycon friend, opening a pocket at his chest and putting the small man inside. The pocket was shallow enough to stand and still have arms and head sticking out without discomfort. With that he then picked up his book and began rushing towards the market, struggling a bit to fit the book into another pocket at his side. After a moment it slipped in which is when he picked up pace.

Before Joseph had the chance to complain Nosferious grabbed at him one last time taking your Py-pole as he whispered to himself, "okay...lets see now...a type of spear" he examined the spear for a moment, noticing it's shape and bending it lightly, seeing how flexible it was, "bends meaning used for...jumping?". Afterwards he returned the Py-pole, paying little heed to the Pycon as he entered a shop, the walls covered in books of multiple sizes and shapes. He paused quickly, grabbing a thick book and cracking it open, scanning it before the shop keeper could see him doing so.

"Yes, yes, this should work." he whispered again to himself before closing the book and returning it to the shelf. Again he was off to a different corner of the room, the books there being of a slightly more decorative design, "Yes, yes, this one might work," he added, grabbing another book and cracking it open, flipping through it quickly, scanning the shape of some pictures and then placing it back. Once last time he was on the move, to a wall on the opposite end, having attracted the shop keepers attention with his chaotic movements.

This time he grabbed a third book, cracking it open and scanning it quickly. He then closed it, reaching into his pocket as he moved towards the shop keeper, placing the book down and listening to the price. He pulled out 7 gold Miza and gave it to the owner before darting out. His eyes darted left and right, trying to find the next target, still ignoring the Pycon in his pocket. He moved quickly, coming upon a small tool stands, grabbing a small list of them and paying for that as well. "Yes, this would work too." he said as he placed the tools in his pocket and going to a crafts shop. He was quick, looking at the shape of the items there and picking out a few wooden scraps from the heaps. Again he paid quickly and rushed out, suddenly paying attention to the Pycon. "Lets see now. With these I think we can get you started."

He found himself a seat and finally took a breather, taking out the wood that he had collected and the tools as well. "Okay then. Lets get to work Joseph." he said, cracking open the new book and scanning the pictures in it, reading quickly as he fumbled with the tools. He then placed Joseph on the seat, kneeling down into the dirt as he fumbled again with the tools, placing the wood down into it and striking something hard against it. The wood now had a hole in it, and then so did the next piece he struck with the tool. "Yes. This might work. If I'm reading this right." He then took a third piece, that was thinner then the other two he had hit, striking three holes into it.

Honestly he had no clue what was being done, probably the same as his Pycon friend that he has yet to clue in about what was going on, but continued following the words in the book carefully. After a while he finally finished smashing holes into the wood, and taking a long piece and attaching them together, filling each of the holes with the pieces. He then dabbed glue from the supplies he grabbed amongst the tools, spreading it across portions of the wood. The thing that was made stood on it's own, held together by the glue. It held two triangles on the side, and in the center a single post that came down, but not hitting the ground. At the end of this post was a circular form. He flicked it, sending the circular form backwards before it returned again to the same position. "It probably isn't very sturdy," he said, looking at the value of it.

It was poor craftsmenship, but the glue was going to hold firm for it's use. He turned towards Joseph, helping him down to the level of the item, pointing at the small circle hanging in mid air. "Try stabbing it with the blunt end." he said, hoping it would help.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

PreviousNext