A question of size

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

A question of size

Postby Eachann Marshall on July 28th, 2012, 2:27 pm

I read alot about 'dire' animals. Especially in taldera. What is the appropriate size for a dire species? 25% bigger than normals? 50%? Double? Forgive my asking but i want to be able to have the details right.... just in case a Dire Grey Wolf prowls out of my mind.... another question relating to kelvics can you npc a bond mate?
Eachann Marshall
Player

Words: 35956
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

A question of size

Postby Laszlo on July 28th, 2012, 3:03 pm

From this article: :D
Talderian animals can be anywhere from half again to twice the normal size of their mizaharian counterparts other places.

So it varies!

As far as NPCing your own bondmate, yes you can! There is information in this article about applying for a traveling or a stationary NPC attached to your character, controlled by you. It has to be HD approved and their skills can't be trained, but your bondmate can certainly be NPC'd.
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A question of size

Postby Nai'shee on July 28th, 2012, 4:14 pm

And you'll also have to ask approval in HD if you planned your bondmate to be dire (I think). Goss mentioned that Kelvics need approval to be oversized.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A question of size

Postby Gossamer on July 28th, 2012, 4:25 pm

I really want to get around to getting Taldera more developed one of these days. The polar bears of Avanthal, for example, are enormous monsters that can easily carry armor and a large large armored man. That would make them on par with say some of the largest draft animals.

However, a lot of people think Taldera has huge insects. Remember, when you dire up insects such as dragonflies, your getting bugs that are sparrow robin sized, not really ridable mounts. I think some of the most terrifying animals in Taldera are some of the more aggressive male ungulates aka Deer/Elk. Talderian Elk for example are easily the size of the polar bears, coupled with a rack of horns that means business and enough testosterone seasonally to rip a whole in the world, it becomes frightening.

Talderian tree squirrels and sugar gliders are awesome too. They grow to the size of house cats or medium sized dogs and thrive in the giant trees that grow in lower Taldera around Spires and Karjin. Interestingly enough, I don't see the aquatic life around Taldera's rivers and streams being dire, but rather normal sized. I see plants as also super-sized in this area.

Oh to have enough time to develop everything always....
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

A question of size

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 28th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Once you have your direwolf, come back to Cyphrus where you belong, Drykas! ;)
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)