[Flashback] We All Come From The Goddess (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Naeya on August 2nd, 2012, 1:34 am

Timestamp: Season of Spring, 85th Day, 483 AV - Evening

“Mama, who’s ‘Avalis’?”

A small Konti girl tugged on the folds of her mother’s cyan-coloured dress and looked up with wide, olive green eyes. At five-years-old, Naeya’s curiousity was unrivalled by any other member of her family. Question after question spilled out of her mouth and only the most patient of people found the energy to keep up with her. Luckily for Naeya, her mother was one of these people.

Luna Ti’av smiled kindly at her daughter, and bent down to scoop the girl up in her arms. “Why, sweetie, Avalis is your Mother Goddess,” she began, walking over to the nearby sofa and settling herself comfortably into it with Naeya on her lap.

“I thought you were my mother,” Naeya interrupted, her confusion clearly laid out on her face.

“I am,” Luna continued patiently, giving the little girl a wink. “But Avalis is the Mother to all Konti girls and women, everywhere. We are all sisters, you see.” She began to stroke Naeya's pale blonde hair, undoing a tangle here and there.

“Sisters?” The girl's excitement was palpable. “I always wanted a sister!”

“And you have many of them.” Her mother’s expression grew soft and thoughtful. “Every Konti is connected through Avalis, regardless of where you grow up or where you travel to. We all come from the Goddess.

“Now, darling, would you like to know what Avalis is the Goddess of?"
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Naeya on August 2nd, 2012, 2:06 am

Naeya quickly bobbed her head up and down, her attention completely held by the discussion. “Yes, yes please!”

“Avalis is the Goddess of Visions and Divination. Remember the pretty lily you have on your shoulder?” Luna tapped once on Naeya’s right shoulder blade and then once, more playfully, on her nose. “The lily means you have a special gift. You have the ability to look into someone’s past and See a precious memory.”

The little girl nodded seriously, remembering the strange pictures she had seen in her head of her mother’s friend. “Do you have one too, mama?”

Luna shook her head, and then pointed to the swirling winged serpent mark along the right side of her face. “No sweetie. I have another very wonderful gift. Do you know who Rak’keli is?” Seeing the “no” in her daughter’s eyes, she continued on. “Do you want to hear the whole story?”

“Oh, yes! I want to hear the story! Please.”

“All right, then.” Luna leaned back on the sofa, closing her eyes. “A long, long time ago, the God of the Sea – Laviku – roamed the waters, loveless and alone. One day, he came across a siren in the sea. She was an Otani whose song was so passionate and beautiful that Laviku fell inexplicably and undeniably in love.

“Can you guess who this Otani was, my sweet?”

“Avalis?” Naeya asked hopefully.

“That’s right! Avalis’ song touched Laviku so deeply that he found himself able to See into the future. Isn’t that incredible? Eventually, Laviku’s love and power allowed him to turn Avalis into a Goddess so that the two lovers could be together for eternity.”

Naeya sighed happily, her mind caught up in the romance of the story her mother had told her. After a moment of unusual silence, she spoke up. “Does that mean Laviku is my… other papa?”

“Very good, love. Laviku is the Father of the Konti and gave us all the gift of scales and gills to swim and live underwater. We are an incredibly lucky race.”
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on August 2nd, 2012, 2:34 am

Luna began to braid her daughter’s hair, stilling the girl when she tried to wiggle away. Realizing there was no escape from her mother’s nimble hands, Naeya attempted to distract her with another question. “Who’s Ra-kee, then?”

Light-hearted laughter chimed throughout the room. “Rak’keli? I was just getting to her. Patience, sweetie.

“Rak’keli is Avalis’ twin sister. Some call her the Dark Sister and Avalis the Light Sister, because in appearance they are said to be opposites.”

“Like you and Papa?” Naeya asked, thinking of the contrast between her giant, cobalt-skinned father and her tiny, pale mother.

“Yes, sort of like me and your father.” Luna grinned. “Now, this is important. Rak’keli is the Goddess of Healing and you must respect the importance of her position.

“She is the balance to all the sickness and disease in Mizahar. She is good and noble, and she gives people like me the most wonderful gift of Healing so that we can help her bring her strength to the mortal people. Do you understand, love?”

Naeya nodded, but Luna noted that her daughter’s attention was beginning to waver. Her little legs began to swing back and forth, and she was playing absent-mindedly with the white cotton dress she wore. Luna knew it was time to let her go run off and pester another member of the family. She quickly finished the last strands of Naeya’s braid, and sent her on her way.

“Okay, off you go! Go find your father and ask him about his day.”

The tiny Konti happily jumped off her mother’s lap and raced out of the room with a giggle. As she passed through the doorway, she stopped and turned back to the older woman. “Mama?”

“Yes, darling?”

“I’m gonna thank Avalis tonight for making you my second mom.”

[OOC Inspiration]
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mist on August 3rd, 2012, 6:44 pm

Thread Grading!

Naeya
XP/Skills: +2 Interrogation,

Lore: Avalis: Mother of Konti, Avalis: Domain, Avalis: Origin, Laviku: Father of Konti, Rak’keli: Avalis' Twin, Rak’keli: Domain

Item/ Consequences: N/A

Additional Notes: An interesting little tale. Could not give you to much xp, but as expected you got lots of lores on those three Deities. Which I think is what the thread was really about, for you to IC know all that stuff.

-If you have any questions about the grade, don’t hesitate to PM me.

Mist
AS of Riverfall

Words: 66664
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office