Alvadas, the city of many questions (Naeya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Mirage on August 7th, 2012, 12:41 am

Continued from The Sanity Center

Tears in the eyes of the woman before her softened the tension in Serenity's face, and that thin pressed line tilted slowly downward in regret. Serenity sighed and rubbed her weary eyes, pushing a hand through her hair and offering the girl a weak smile,
"For give my my dear, I did not mean to be rude. This day has been one filled with far to many disturbances."

She chuckled softly at the waking comment and made a short reply of "If only my dear, if only..."

Listening quietly Serenity follded her hands in her lap, sitting back to look at Naeya. Shaking her head slowly the older woman smiled softly, "My my, you seem to have hit the same wall as all new citizens do. You are asking why the buildings move, and if this is real?" Serentiy laughed and raised her hands, shrugging as she replied, "I honestly don't know."

Waving a hand at the Konti's confusion the woman continued, "Now now do not fret. I can offer you some words of explanation at least. You see this city, in fact everything you see, was created by Ionu, God of Illusions." She waved her hand around to emphasize everything, "That being said the question of whether any of this is "real" cannot be answered so easily. The buildings, the streets and the city itself move and respond to the will of the illusions here, to the will of the city if you would. Some even say that this city is alive, and even contains its own heart and will." Serenity smiled mysteriously, but with a wave of her hand she continued, "Well now, that is what many at the temple say at least, but we cannot really be sure. In any case my dear, yes you did see the buildings move and change, and yes the streets and your very surroundings are never stable. You are, my girl, trapped within an Illusion that is reality even now."

Leaning forward Serenity placed her elbows on the table, leaning her chin on her fingers to look Naeya in the eyes, "You are no longer in Riverfall, and the logics of that place hold no ground in this city. There is no understanding it, and there is no trick to escape it. If you learn to accept the illusions here you will find this is a strange and fascinating place. Though as with everyone here, you will begin to question what exactly 'real' is."
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Naeya on October 4th, 2012, 12:08 am

Unfortunately, the woman's apology did very little to calm Naeya's mass upheaval of emotion. While some small part of the Konti appreciated the gesture, the rest of her was already in such a state of anxiety that she could barely comprehend the words being said. She was far more worried about the overwhelming panic that was threatening to erupt than the triviality of her own hurt feelings.

As the Sanity Centre's employee began to answer her questions, Naeya tried her best to get herself under control. Breathe, Nae. Breathe. Stale air was inhaled into her lungs in short, pathetic gasps, and exhaled in the same way. In. Out. In. Out. After a half-chime of this repetition, her breaths slowly began to become longer and slightly more composed.

In.

Out.

With her physical body less out of sorts, Naeya finally allowed herself to concentrate on the woman's words. That was, after all, why she had come to the Sanity Centre in the first place. The answers she sought, however, were not ones that the red-haired woman in front of her knew how to give.

She... doesn't know?

Naeya could feel the panic beginning to boil up inside of her once more. She didn't know?! If this woman, the one who was supposed to have all of the answers, didn't even know why the buildings moved, then how would Naeya ever become comfortable in this city? Her hands clenched tightly at her sides, causing her nails to dig sharply into her skin.

Just breathe. Give her a moment to speak. The still-functioning, though often ignored, rational area of Naeya's brain tried to adjust her trepidation to a more reasonable level. Nothing in her liked the City of Bewilderment, but she had to acknowledge that hysteria was not the solution.

The woman continued to speak through Naeya's moment of inner turmoil. She explained who created the illusions, and offered up several (rather worrisome) theories for the city's peculiarities. "Ionu, God of Illusions," Naeya muttered. Finally. A name to blame for the complete and utter mayhem. She usually tried to avoid inciting the wrath of the gods at all costs, but it was all she could do to keep herself from shaking her fist at the sky above. Whether he knew it or now, Ionu was now on Naeya's blacklist.

At least Naeya could rule out the insanity diagnosis.

When the red-haired woman mentioned the word, "trapped," the Konti nodded her head almost imperceptibly. Trapped. Yes, that sounded about right. More than ever, she couldn't wait to leave. To escape, despite the woman's insistence that escape from the illusions wasn't possible.

It is if I find a sailor, as quickly as possible.

A new look of resolve settled onto Naeya's face. She had no desire to learn how to accept the city's illusions. Instead, she would do her best to leave (and never, ever return).

"Thank you very much for your help," she offered sincerely, her breaths now occurring at a much more normal pace. "You've really helped me sort out what I need to do." Naeya tried to muster up a small smile for the woman, and nodded her head in thanks before turning to leave.

Now she just had to maintain this calm while she tried to find the inn!

End.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Mirage on October 4th, 2012, 3:06 am

Naeya

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Interrogation: 1
Philosophy: 1
Skill Name XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Alvadas: City of Illusions
Alvadas: A living city
Alvadas: Where logic fades
Ionu: Creator of Alvadas

It's Not What You Think...

Here you go! Lol its too bad Naeya did not enjoy her stay as much as I enjoyed watching her fumble about in confusion ;). I hope to see you again XD

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)