Quest Anything the Light Touches (Nashira)

... What about that Shadowy Place?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Anything the Light Touches (Nashira)

Postby Fallacy on March 12th, 2013, 9:25 am

”So it’s idle curiosity?” the ghost questioned her gaze never breaking from the Eth, ”This place was once one of the grandest temples dedicated to Syna.” the ghost lady informed her, ”Even though it was small the Goddess favored it and the people who dwelt there, worshipping her. The place basked in daylight sparkled with almost an otherworldly beauty. Untouched by time it was back then a beauty. What remains of this beauty you can see all around you.” the ghost motioned her arms in a wide berth, giving glance to the small goddess blessed place below. It was quite the breathtaking sight from the vantage point of the small bell tower.

”The key, however, once was not a part of the mortal world.” the ghost said, ”It was a gift given to us by Syna. The key accompanied the light our goddess granted us in that cage of gold.” the ghost pointed, ”But, ho, that is no regular gold. It has been touched by the goddess herself, guarding the light within. As you can see there is no door. That key opens the gate guarding the last light.” the ghost smiled, ”Which seems is not the last light after all. You have brought hope back to those who clung to this place for over five hundred years. Perhaps you are the real light in this place?” The ghost mused to herself.

”The light was a gift from our Goddess.” the ghost repeated, ”It would be a shame to see it forever buried, trapped in here.” the ghost seemed to be hinting at something, ”Why don’t you take it?” the ghost tempted. "Im sure it will do you a lot more good than it will sitting here in an abandoned ruin."

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nashira on March 12th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Her free hand fell into her pocket, her nails jostling the key. Flitting between the teeth, trying not to get bitten before finding the head and gracefully bringing it out. The key glittered in the light; although the teeth lingered in shadow.

The Ethaefal stared down at what rested between her finger tips. Finding no stirrings of hope in the pit of her stomach as she looked from it to the ghost that hovered before her.

"If that is what you believe," Nashira whispered, "what you would want..."

Her voice trailed off as she turned back to the strange light. Closed her eyes, and let her memory, and that which glowed behind her eyelids to guide her as hand rose to find the lock.

To free whatever had remained hidden for so long.
Nashira
Until the Sun Sets...

Words: 145229
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2011, 12:07 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on March 13th, 2013, 7:29 am

As her hand reached out and she walked forwards, eyes closed, to the golden cage which held the light she would step towards more and more and more though she wouldn’t feel the metal of gold. Light too bright to open her eyes she would find herself groping around even more, and feel the key wiggling in her hand. Suddenly the key felt like clay, and then like water, as it flowed from her grasp. The key would be flying towards the metal cage holding the light, but she wouldn’t know that as her eyes were closed. As the liquid light which was the key made contact with the cage, the entire thing began to sway and shift. Shadows were being cast onto the closed eyelids giving a brief respite from the light.

Then she would ‘see’ and feel the light once more. Warm as the morning rays it washed over her, and she would feel an extra weight upon the wrist which belonged to the hand who reached to find the lock to put the key. The object was warm, and wrapped fittingly around, it seemed to have been made just for her and there no obvious way of removing the device. The light would then start to grow dimmer and dimmer to the point where she could open her eyes. If she’d inspect her wrist she would find a chain of gold which seemed to reflect the light cast upon it a little too well. It was plain, but felt fancy enough. The light in front her was warping too, changing shape. Rays seemed to explode from it only to be held in place by some unseen force as they were batted back down. Smaller and smaller the light got, twisting and turning in place, in midair, until it became solid. The glowing mass hovered there for a chime, in all its beauty, the light slowly fading to a golden color before it fell to the ground at her feet.

She would see that her newest accessory was glowing slightly in the darkness which was now present, offering her some light. The golden piece which fell to the floor at her feet was glowing too, faintly the both of them were, but still light is light. Upon examination of the golden piece which was once light it would appear to be a small charm in the shape of a sun. A round body with rays of light protruding from it in squiggly designs, and it seemed to go with the bracelet.

Though the Eth only had a moment to digest this series of events before she would start to hear a rumble, and the ground itself shook, the building quaking in response. Debris fell from overhead landing all too close to her. If she did not get out, and out soon, she would be crushed by the building. Even then, once out she would find that the entire cave was collapsing in on her. Not only that, but the shadows moved and shifted, they had come as this place is no more guarded by Synas light. Would this be the danger that the ghosts warned her about, why they haven’t bothered to venture beyond Synas temple for over five hundred years?

These things that moved from the shadows seemed upset, and gathered around the building, some dodging the rocks as they fell, they all seemed hell bent on keeping Nashira here until she was indeed crushed. Things of scale and fur they were, upon four legs, more beast than dog. Their fangs glinted in darkness which now accompanied them all. Snarls could be heard… warped things they were, but where they are product of time or something more?

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nashira on March 13th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Nashira opened her eyes despite how heavy her lids felt. She blinked then, trying to shake the weight, but it would not flee her, even as she bent to pick the charm off the ground and the rumbling began. Pebbles grating against the cavernous floor as her molten amber irises widened, and she tucked the charm into her pocket. Not having the time to discern its association with the strange bracelet she now found dangling daintily from her wrist.

The Ethaefal thought she head a crack as shadows danced before her eyes, and her hand instinctively tightened around the hilt of Caleb's old sword. She stepped forward, away from the strange box she had just opened, and then began to run as she wrenched the blade from its hilt.

She used it to slash at the shadows; the snarls that reached her ears. Things she could scarce see despite the glow that came from her pocket, from her wrist. Nashira wasn't sure she was hitting anything, but the movement provided some comfort, despite how it tired her with each rising ache in her legs.

With the growing heaviness in her eyes as she descended the steps and walked the cave's halls towards where she remembered the exit to be. And yet, all seemed to be closing in around the Ethaefal, even with her guarded slashes; her intent to keep all at bay. To knock the falling rocks and debris from her side as she made her escape, and constantly wondered if she could make it.

Or if she'd die here, like all the rest had.

oocBleh, this is awful.
Nashira
Until the Sun Sets...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on March 27th, 2013, 1:36 am

A flash of steel was accompanied by a pained yelp as Nashira batted back the things which came from the inner part of the cave. She had no time to deal with them. The place was crumbling, and if she wasn’t fast then she would be entombed forever along with everything else. Would it be a small comfort that she would be buried on holy ground?

The cavernous floor was as traitorous as it was in the beginning. Small shelves of earth jutted upwards, and lose rock trembled and was kicked below her. Not to mention the darkness which was no help to her progress. Memory serving her, but were her feet fast enough? More rocks came collapsing in front of her, and in an instant she found herself buried . Though the weight wasn’t enough that she couldn’t move, and even dazed, her instinct to survive kicked in. Scrambling out from under the rubble she could see the light head of her, there was the exit.

Rushing through and out into the open, the Eth found herself on the grass, the soft substance cushioning her fall as she tripped escaping the last of the cave. Howls and yelps and snarls of the crushed wolf-things proceeded to enter her mind, the sound remaining unburied by the rock which ended them. It could have very well been her, if there wasn’t someone looking after the Ethaefal.

Standing before the Eth was a bright woman. A soft aura of energy and light surrounded her, as if coming from her very flesh. The sky seemed a little brighter in her presence, and everything had an energy about it. The woman, Nashira would recognize as none other than Syna. Clothed in a simple summer gown, the mountainous terrain only served to augment her image. When she smiled down at the woman, Nashira would feel a peace, and then the goddess offered her hand to the mortal. Though before it was accepted, the hand was withdrawn and Syna moved, walking next to Nashira, and then taking a seat right by her.

”You have done well.” she said, looking up at the sky, leaning back, using her two arms to hold her up. The goddesses golden blonde hair draped like a curtain behind her and she smiled again, ”You’ve freed those poor souls who were so caught over the tragedy of the Valterrian that they refused to move on.” she nodded, but then frowned as if something was bothering her, ”But there are other places like that one scattered across Mizahar.” the goddess explained, ”Would you do me a favor, Nashira?” Syna asked.

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nashira on March 27th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Nashira peered into the eyes of her goddess as she sheathed her sword with a hollowed ring. "Thank you," she whispered, before nodding her head, the frayed edges of her hair tickling her neck as she turned to face Syna completely. "What would you ask of me Syna?" she inquired, as her hand rested over the pommel, nails tickling wire hilt as she awaited her answer.

OOCSorry this is uber short.
Nashira
Until the Sun Sets...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on March 27th, 2013, 8:29 pm

oocNo Problem. I told you I didn’t give you much to reply to

The goddess smiled and glanced over at the golden bracelet on Nashiras hand, ”There are other lost places much like the one you just encountered. They too were once temples dedicated to me, however they have been ravaged by the Djed Storms of the Valterrian, and have become home to all sorts of creatures and foul things. These are not just any temples, but they were blessed with artifacts which would help the worthy in times of need. I would like you to go in my name, travel and find these temples, and clear them of what fouls them.” she said.

”You will have my aid and guidance.” she said, even when she was talking about serious business the goddess had a tone to her voice full of life and energy as if nothing could get her down, ”You already possess one of my artifacts, and you wear it well.” she said, ”Nashria, would you do this for me?”

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nashira on March 28th, 2013, 1:44 am

Nashira glanced down at the bracelet which graced her sparkling wrist. The chain seemed to clink together as her arm moved ever so slightly. "If that is your wish Syna," the Ethaefal began as she returned her gaze to the sunny goddess, "than it shall be done. To the best of my ability."
Nashira
Until the Sun Sets...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on March 28th, 2013, 4:25 am

The goddess shifted in her place and took Nashira by the hand, specifically the one which the bracelet was on and smiled directly at her, ”Thank you Nashria.” she said, and the goddess sounded more than pleased that the Eth had agreed. ”You will never be alone in your trials.” she reaffirmed, as the sun shines favorably on just about any situation. Nashira would notice that the goddesses touch is warmer than most, and was surprisingly gentle, her skin was soft and all too warm…

”The bracelet will guide you to each temple. Please find them, and do whatever you can to restore them.” she sounded a bit excited, having repeated herself, but perhaps that was a part of her energy. ”Also, collect the artifacts.” she added in, ”When they are collected by you each artifact will turn into a different charm for my bracelet.” and it is to be those artifacts which would help the worthy, in this case Nashira, whenever she called upon them.

Then in a blink of an eye the goddess was gone, but her presence was not. Nashira would feel a warmth build up inside her, traveling from where the goddess has touched her to her right eye where the warmth seemed to settle and intensified. Around her right eye would appear a simple golden band woven into the sign of infinity. All the way around figure eights surrounded the eye in a cord of gold and luminance, in the center of each circle of the figure eight was a dot, and from the very top of the stylized circle of the cord of gold came one ray. She was now positively marked by Syna.

XP Award!

Name:Nashira
XP Award:
  • Hypnotism- 3
  • Observation- 5
  • Rhetoric- 3
  • Running- 2
  • Bastard Sword- 1
  • Philosophy- 2
Lore:
  • Ghosts of Syna’s Lost
  • Syna’s Favor
  • Accepting a Divine Quest
  • The Bracelet will Guide you
  • Nashira will never be alone
Notes:
+1 positive gnosis mark of Syna

+1 Synas Charm Bracelet- A Bracelet gifted from Syna to Nashira. The bracelet itself is a singular band of gold which will never dull, and seems to glow faintly in the dark. Looks like an ordinary bracelet in the daytime but seems to catch and sparkle in the light a little too well.

+1 Sun Charm- The Sun Charm picked up from the first lost temple which Nashira cleared of ghosts. When attached to Syna’s Charm Bracelet the Sun Charm will create and emit sunlight from the bracelet itself for one hour. Once the hour is up the charm will have to be exposed to sunlight to ‘recharge’ the light it has used.

This was, well a thread. There will be more temples for Nashira to explore I assure you and even greater gifts to find next time. I sort of started out with a ‘safer’ charm, but as Nashira collects the artifacts for Syna expect to get a really cool accessory over time :) I hope you had a good time despite my slowness.

If I missed anything in the grade feel free to PM me.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Previous