[Housing Authority] A New Life

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Aedai on May 5th, 2010, 10:18 pm

510 AV Spring 34

Aedai had sat still as the gold was passed across the table and the man comforted his mother. Aedai thought his mother needed it, it seems kind when a stranger does a friendly gesture. It is horrible when a stranger commits murder. He had succeded with getting it out of his head, but whenever he thought of what had happened he was always curious about that one word. His mother had accepted the handkercheif with a smile and wiped away the rolling tears. She sniffed for a moment then placed the handkercheif on the table. Trying to shrug away the sorrow she was still feeling. Maybe I shouldn't have made her move away from the home just yet, or maybe I should.

A young boy entered through the door with a pile of books in his hands. Aedai thought, he must be his son maybe. Aedai gave him a smile of his own and the young boy was introduced as a Page named Jinson. Like a page in a book?

He got up and so did his mother, "Ahh a young page who is eager to study". She gave Jinson a warm smile, "You will do well in life if you keep it up". Aedai turned from the Page to the Knight. "Sir Tenner Nirgriso, I will return shortly thank you for being so kind". With that said Aedai grabbed his mother's bags which she had left on the ground and headed for the door as soon as the page dropped all his books and started leading his mother out through the door. They left the House Authority rather quickly, but the Page himself seemed patient. Aedai was not.

He walked through hallways until they descended down some stairs, heading deeper into the castle back onto the ground level from where they came. It took a bit of walking before they finally arrived to the 'suite'. Aedai realized he didn't have to go very far to find people. It really was just outside the door, or what is now his door. He looked at the doorframe and the walls surrounding the building. It was hard just like the rest of the castle and there were many other doors. His mother said, "Well at least there isn't anything suspicious about in the air and it seems safe enough".

The Page handed one key to Aedai and the other to his mother. Aedai thanked him and took the key graciously. Lifting the key into the lock he turned and pushed, opening the door into his new home. He first took notice the two beds since that was what the Knight had said there was. There was also sufficient enough space to store their items. He entered slowly into the room with his mother right behind him. "I really hope there are no spiders in any corners", he said.

She settled herself down on the bed as Aedai laid all his bags on his bed. "Mother I will return shortly I need to go see Sir Tenner," he said looking down. He could hear her say, "Its alright I'll start unpacking myself here I'm not that old". He walked over to her for a moment and gave her a tight hug. She gave him one back, and after awhile he back away and headed for the door. The Page had waited quietly outside for him and he closed the door silently behind him. "Well lead the way I guess", he said gesturing towards the path.

He followed the page back up the stairs and back to the office. It seemed a bit longer since Aedai had tried to remember the path so that he would be familier with it. If only it was a forest, he entered the Housing Authority and the Page was the first to open the door to the Knight's office. He went inside and stood to the side and Aedai followed in sitting back down comfortably in the same seat he sat before. It was still very warm from when he sat regardless that it was only a short while ago that he left.

Aedai then said, "Thank you for giving us a home in exchange for gold now I have a question for you". He paused and cleared his throat then asked a little more quietly, "Do you know what Projection is?"
Last edited by Aedai on May 12th, 2010, 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 7th, 2010, 4:09 am

When the boy settled back down in the chair across from Tenner, the knight expected some sort of plea for his own quarters, or perhaps a job that would allow him to spend time away from his overprotective mother - maybe even questions about joining the knights. But instead...

"Projection?" he said, eyes widening in obvious surprise for a moment before he gave a nervous laugh. "Well, that certainly wasn't what I expected. Um, yes, I know what it is. Why do you ask?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Aedai on May 7th, 2010, 7:33 pm

He let out a sigh of relief, it seems he didn't have to go far to figure out what he wanted to know. He was curious to know why it was so unexpected but continued on with the conversation. "I would like to know everything there is about projection, or anything you may know if I am not asking much that is".

He said this projecting himself a serious expression, the word brought back memories. Memories Aedai feels he needs to face to get to the bottom of what had happened. He won't be able to live in peace, not after what had happened to his father. It felt like he never would.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 8th, 2010, 6:18 pm

The knight's brows drew together, and he leaned back in his chair, folding his hands over his stomach.

"I don't know much myself," he began cautiously, "but I know of a man who might be able to help you. Are you asking from a purely scholarly interest, or do you plan on practicing?" he asked curiously.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aedai on May 8th, 2010, 6:23 pm

He shook his head and thought to himself. Practice? Here I was thinking Projection could be something else.

"I'm no Scholar I'm just interested in knowing what Projection is and yes what I could learn from it," He nodded while he said this, "anything that could help me understand it better".
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 10th, 2010, 1:48 am

"Well," he said, rubbing a hand across his stubbled cheek, "projection is a form of magecraft. I don't know much about it beyond that. There are a few people who practice it within the city. Can I ask what sparked this interest?" he said, head tilting as he watched the boy curiously. "No offense, but you don't seem the type to take up magic. Those are usually the... shall we say, indoor kids?" he laughed. "But then again, it's not as if the Knights are completely without the influence of sorcerers."

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aedai on May 10th, 2010, 2:42 am

He nodded hearing everyword, cletching his fist tighter, digging his nails deeper into his palm. He had heard what was magecraft was, as if his father told him yesturday. He simply wondered if one could heal the wounded by just wishing it and his father explained that that was Magic. Magic only brings problem, it was time to bring it problems. He felt a shiver roll down his spine and shook his body. It might have appeared awkward but he couldn't help it.

He slowly let the tension ease up where his knuckles were turning white. "Magecraft you say", he said pausing for a moment. He looked down at his leather shoes and stared at them as he spoke. "Excuse me but my memory is still fresh, I cannot tell you why the interest but I will tell you someday I can promise my word on that". He bit down on his lip for a moment as it trembled at the memory of his father's death.

He looked back up with his brows drawn together as he said. "Can you tell me who practices Projection? I hope I'm not asking too much". He finished this sentence easing up to a smile.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 11th, 2010, 7:08 am

Tenner watched the boy as emotions played clearly across his face, and at the boy's promise he slowly nodded. Something had scarred the boy, perhaps not his flesh but deep within his soul, and he watched cautiously as the boy shivered and trembled.

"I would advise caution, young man," he said softly, sympathy playing behind dark eyes. "Whatever has been done to you... don't let it twist you into becoming what you hate." He'd seen it too many times to count - and had seen it end on the blade of one of his fellow Knights. But he just sighed, and rubbed a hand through his hair. "Well. If it's magecraft you're looking for, best you look to Akvin. You can find him at the Inner Sanctum, up on the Second Tier."

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aedai on May 11th, 2010, 8:07 pm

He listened closely to Tenner, and weighed his words carefully in his mind. He didn't want to ruin his father's memory with a simple revenge. No this would be justice, and I will be patient or I will pray that I do not do something reckless, he thought quietly as he let Tenner finish. Hearing the last words slip through his tongue Aedai was satisfied at hearing an answer to what he hoped a stranger wouldn't give. He gave Tenner a smile and said, "Thank you Sir Tenner I appreciate it, I will come back one day so that I may tell you the story if you'd like I just need some time". He paused and shook his head with a shrug, "This just requires some attention".

He slowly got up and almost forgot that the Page was still there. I should ask him sometime what a Page is maybe on the next visit, he took a quick glance at Jinson and gave him a smile then turned to Tenner. "Is there any time that would be well enough for me to vist such as now perhaps?" I don't like to be rude".
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 12th, 2010, 4:57 am

Tenner gave a warm, fatherly smile at the boy's promise, and nodded. "Please do. I think it's a story I would do well to hear."

When the boy stood, the knight did as well, and offered him a hand. "Come back anytime, Aedai," he said with a chuckle. "My door is always open to you should you ever need someone to talk to, or just a friendly face."

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Next