Craft of Bone and Art of Djed (Wrenmae)

Magic is a fickle thing just like emotions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Rayage on November 24th, 2012, 1:09 am

The nuit flinched visibly when the man jumped on his desk. Why did he feel so weak and vulnerable in front of him? Why did he feel that he did not know better? Why was he so angry at the fact that this man could not be controlled as easily as the rest? Why was he so frustrated not only with the situation, but with himself? Is it because, deep down, he knew that the mans words were true? All he had was his job as an Alchemy Professor? No. No. He would not accept that. Teeth bared, he watched him with a gruesome look, ”You will be remembered?” he asked, ”You will be remembered for what?” he raised his voice, ”You are no leader of men.” he pointed at him, ”You have no ambition of your own. You have no goals for yourself. You are just a leech.” he announced putting emphasis on the last word he spoke, words like pointed daggers, ”You are nothing without the accomplishments of others to fall back on, a stern hand to guide you. You were lost and without purpose when I found you.” he stood up daring to keep his eye contact, ”I gave you purpose, I gave you ambition, goals, dreams, hope!”

Having the remaining papers kicked from his desk at him, the nuit threw up his arms in defense against the flurry of parchment and things he kept on his desk, ”I haven’t bothered to lift one, you say?” emotions flaring, ”This is the kind of ignorance that comes from you humans, and your petty emotions.” he accused him, ”This is what happens… you let your mind distort the truth. You humans have not bothered to lift ONE FINGER to aid in the discovery of things long past. Most of you simply are too stupid to care, thinking that survival is all that matters, spending all your time just trying to live. That, sir, is pathetic. You have no idea what I have discovered in ruins long since passed. You have no idea what a gift I’ve brought to the university. You have no idea of my discoveries, and I think you have no idea the true potential that you even hold. You don’t even know yourself. You are a fragmented being, parts of a whole, broken, much like the past.” he didn’t look away from him, ”Maybe you should put yourself back together before you go try fixing anything else. Least you give in to your own self sabotage!”

He was about to go on, but he was pushed, the chair falling backward sending him sprawling to the floor. He no longer cared that the man was brandishing a weapon towards him, he no longer cared, he no longer cared, that is how wrapped up in his own emotional upheaval he was. There was nothing holding the professor back from unleashing all his rage and fury upon the man who thought so highly of himself, ”You talk about Rayannes work as if you know it. I may be guilty of letting her work rot, but it’s better than humanities crime.” he told him, ”I will not sit by and let this world rot like you and the rest of your race seem so content to do. I have priorities. I will change this world for the better.” their conversation as it went getting more and more heated, ”And what will you do? You will let it burn like the rest of your kind. Only interested in yourselves. Such inherently selfish beings.”

”I do not regret what I have done, nor my accomplishments. You have to remember that at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted. Deny it as much as you want, but you know that to be truth.”

Then he was delivered the ultimatum. Two years. The deliverance shocked him as the man went on to call his own goals selfish. As Wrenmae was walking out of the room, the nuit stayed there, perfectly still on the ground laughing at him, ”You will never understand the ambitions of immortals.” he called out to him, ”One day you will realize that it is easier to destroy and recreate the world than it is to change it.”

With that he fell into silence wallowing in his own mess...
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balderdash on November 25th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Rayage :
Skill XP Awarded
Rhetoric 3
Intimidation 1

Lores: Plotting To Politely Ask For Magic, Putting A Mortal In His Place, Bitches Love Wine, A Mortal’s Curiosity, Baring One’s Soul, Wrenmae’s Promise, Wrenmae Is A Master Hypnotist, Wrenmae Is A Morpher, Wrenmae’s Demonstration, Nothing Is Impossible, Getting Bitch Slapped By A Friend, Wrenmae’s Arrogance, Wrenmae’s Deadline, An Ultimatum

Items and Consequences: Nil

Wrenmae :
Skill XP Awarded
Persuasion 2
Morphing 1
Interrogation 1
Teaching 1
Intimidation 2

Lores: Different Places Is A Place, Zan’s Whining, Rayage Is A Filthy Liar, Rayage Is Seven Hundred And Frickin’ Fifty, Rayage Is A Man, Rayanne’s Locket, Rayage’s True Face, A Husband’s Love, The Real Meaning Of Dedication, Rayanne’s Peerless Skill, The Valterrian, Nuit Are Still Human, Alahea’s Perfection, An Old Man’s Cynicism, An Ultimatum

Items and Consequences: Your PC will get a minor headache if he ever attempts to picture the number of candles on Rayage’s birthday cake.

... Damn... You two sure can argue... A wonderful thread! If it's not nominated for SOMETHING, there is no justice in the world. :) Keep it up!

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous