Location [Location] Odds and Ends

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Gillar on August 2nd, 2009, 7:28 am

Situated on the edge of the Nitrozian Plaza is a medium-sized shop with a small, attention-getting storefront. Heavy shuttered windows are open during the day to reveal a myriad of colorful items inside. A simple carved sign hangs over the doorway indicating that the shop is named, Odds and Ends. Inside, would-be customers are surrounded on all sides by items of all shapes, sizes and colors. From the floor to the ceiling and wall to wall, shelves, racks, tables, crates and chests filled with countless treasures invite one to look and possible even purchase.

Just inside, leaning against the wall next to the door is a mountain of a man holding a thick board of wood with iron spikes protruding from one end in his hand; obviously some sort of security. Against another wall, surrounded by shelves, is a small counter with a rather round woman of diminished height known as Gloria, the shop owner. With a pleasant smile, she greets all customers and waits to be of some assistance.

Goods For Sale
Clothing
Leather Belt -- 2 sm
Furred Blouse -- 3 gm
Plain Buckle -- 2 sm
High Boots -- 5 sm
Low Boots -- 3 sm
Sackcloth Breeches/Pants -- 5 cm
Cotton Breeches/Pants -- 1 sm
Leather Breeches/Pants -- 8 sm
Half Cape -- 1 gm
Full Cape -- 2 gm
Sackcloth Chemise -- 8 cm
Linen Chemise -- 1 sm
Cotton Cloak -- 3 sm
Cotton Vest -- 1 sm
Leather Vest --3 sm
Peasant Dress -- 5 sm
Average Dress -- 8 sm
Leather Gloves -- 5 sm
Canvas Gloves -- 5 cm
Hat, Broad-Brim -- 8 gm
Hat, Fur -- 15 sm
Cap, cotton -- 8 cm
Cap, wool --1 sm
Coif -- 2 sm
Hood, wool -- 8 cm
Hood, cotton -- 5 cm
Cotton Jerkin -- 6 sm
Leather Jacket -- 1 gm
Sackcloth Robe -- 1 sm
Cotton/linen Robe -- 1 gm
Cotton Sash -- 2 sm
Sackcloth Shirt -- 5 cm
Cotton/linen Shirt -- 1 sm
Leather Shoes -- 3 sm
Sandals -- 2 sm
Slippers -- 1 sm
Dancing Shoes -- 15 gm
Sackcloth Tunic -- 5 cm
Cotton Tunic -- 5 sm
Apron, leather -- 3 sm
Girdle -- 6 sm

Tools and Misc Items
Axe, Carpenter's -- 1 gm
Barrel (Empty) -- 1 gm
Basket (Empty) -- 4 sm
Block And Tackle -- 5 gm
Bottle, Wine, Glass (empty) -- 2 gm
Bucket (Empty -- 5 sm
Chain (10 ft.) -- 30 gm
Chest (Empty) -- 2 gm
Dice Set, Bone -- 5 cm
Flask -- 3 cm
Hammer -- 5 sm
Hoe -- 3 gm
Hourglass -- 25 gm
Jug, Clay -- 3 cm
Mirror, Small Steel -- 10 gm
Mug, Clay -- 2 cm
Pitcher, Clay -- 2 cm
Pot, Iron -- 5 sm
Rope, Hemp (50 ft.) -- 1 gm
Sack (Empty) -- 1 sm
Sealing Wax -- 1 gm
Sewing Needle -- 5 sm
Shovel -- 2 gm
Signet Ring -- 5 gm
Soap (Per lb.) -- 5 sm
Vial, Ink -- 1 gm
Whetstone -- 2 cm

Musical Instruments
Clappers -- 1 sm
Drums, Buckle -- 2 gm
Fiddle -- 50 gm
Flute, Wooden -- 5 sm

Knick-Knacks
Small Paintings - 2-5 gm
Small Clay or Wood Sculptures - 1-5 gm
Various Pieces of Copper Jewelry - See Price List
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Re: [Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Akuaysun on August 11th, 2009, 3:58 am

34th Day of Summer 509 AV

Having secured a safe place for his horse and travel gear Akuaysun set out in exploration of the city. It was rather odd, a city built completely atop water and more so filled with people that seemed rather cautious of him. He didn’t quite understand it, yes he was Myrian but he was also wearing nicer clothes then most of these peasants and dock workers. Did they think him a savage though his fine cotton shirt spoke of some wealth? Yes the clothes were a bit baggy for his current frame but not overly so, the excess of length in his pants had been tucked into the boots he wore, and the shirt’s sleeves rolled up neatly to his elbows. The man tried to mimic them as much as possible in dress, mainly to cause less of a problem, especially after his time being quizzed at the gate tower.

Good riddance to this city when he found what he needed, let them have their dainty boats and poised walkways, it mattered little to him. All that was important now was his return to Taloba, he needed to get strong, return to the city, and speak with Myri, their Goddess Queen. First things were first, he would need supplies, already Matthis had given enough to survive on, but he needed a weapon, something strong that he could take down many enemies with.

Stepping along the boarded walkways and bridges that connected the dock area Aku’s eyes scanned the many shops looking for one that would fit his needs. He found it in “Odds and Ends! his deep tenor voice boomed. It sounded like just the place to collect an assortment of gear and if he was lucky, something to defend himself with.

Inside his eyes instantly went to work scanning the various objects for sale, ignoring the guard at the door and giving a quick wave to the woman behind the counter. It had been so long since he had actually been in a store, had been able to sort through things and purchase goods. It really was a delight, though he knew only to collect things that he could use, traveling he had little need for excess luxuries.

Snatching up first a set of nice bone dice, his hands looked them over thoroughly. They were clean cut and well fabricated, like the kind he used to throw in the streets of Taloba. These would be invaluable; something he could use when bargaining with these light skinned worms, their greed would likely get the better of them and hopefully in his favor. Further down he found a barrel of assorted weapons and tools, all very interesting in design, obviously of a modern make for he had never seen spears and poles quite like these, and his people were a warring race.

Selecting one marked as a Hoe, he examined its build. A long wooden shaft, smooth and strong as he flexed it over his knee it seemed satisfactory though a bit short. Capped with a wide flat blade running perpendicular to the staff it was obviously a slashing weapon, used similar to a field scythe he imagined, though more refined for reaching out and grabbing ones opponent, drawing them near to finish them off. Yes this would make a fine weapon to use. It needed sharpening however, its edge a bit dull, likely for the safety of the unskilled. He smiled a wide toothy grin and selected a set of wet-stones to go with it and his dice before approaching the woman at the counter.

“I, Akuaysun, will give you two Gold Miza and five Silver Miza for the sharp stones, dice and… hoe. What say you kind woman of Odds and Ends?” His common was still a bit broken especially with all these new terms but it got the general message across, the Myrian was ready to bargain.
Last edited by Akuaysun on August 14th, 2009, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gillar on August 11th, 2009, 4:53 am

Gloria watched as the outlandish looking man made his way into her shop and began to look around at the various goods her establishment had to offer. Though looking a bit different from most of the folk who came looking to purchase from her, Akuaysun was first and foremost, a customer. In a city filled with all manner of odd people of all kinds, when they entered her shop, they became just like everyone else. The guard to the side of the door helped to keep Gloria's demeanor kind as she knew few would dare try anything foolish in his presence. For his part, he watched Akuaysun very closely though didn't move or say anything otherwise.

When Akuaysun had gathered what he wanted and approached her asking about payment, Gloria smiled kindly and said softly in a voice one would attribute to a kind, old, grandmother, "That'd be just fine, son. I hope those things work out very well for you. Rhysol be with you." She took his payment, patted his hand and dropped the coins in a small bag at her side.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Akuaysun on August 11th, 2009, 4:57 pm

‘Scorn of the trader, I should have went lower.’ Was the first thought to go through Akuaysun’s mind as she accepted his deal. The old woman was either to nice or not much of a merchant, she could have got at least another few Silver Miza out of Aku. He would have to be thriftier with these people in order to stretch his Mizas the maximum amount. Now with his dice, he could play a bit of the bargaining game, so the deal was far from a complete loss.

Setting the Mizas upon the counter, and retrieving his return of Silvers he stuffed the little rings back into his money pouch along with the dice. There they would rest as a constant reminder to bargain harder before handing off any coin. Smiling softly as she patted his hand, he took the whetstones pushing them into his pants pocket and slung the hoe over his shoulder. As he turned however, exactly what the woman said clicked into place.

‘Rhysol be with him, the old lady had just cursed him. Why in the name of the pantheon would anyone be so cruel?’ Gritting his teeth the Myrian tried to shrug off the comment, but it most certainly didn’t set well with him. Stupid old woman, he had half a mind to thrash her guard and tear this shop to the ground. The repercussions would be to great however, he was visiting this city, this realm even and did not know where he would even run if he could. For now Akuaysun would bare the cruel words, but in his mind he thought of ways that the old woman could get hers. ‘Rhysol be with him, may Ivok burn her store.’

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

[Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Aethal on May 1st, 2010, 4:41 pm

Season of Spring, day 40, 510 AV

"Odds and Ends...this sounds about right." Aethal noted in a barely audible tone while catching flyaway hairs and pulling them back in her ribbon. She didn't expect such breeze today and she always tries to not let the weather inconvenience her too much. She tends to stay cooped up in her small cottage if the conditions aren't pristine and there are only so many arrows her furniture can take.

With a slight sigh, she decided this would be the day she used a portion of the little funds she accumulated to purchase proper attire for her archery practicing. As her eyes lowered from the sign, they widened ever so slightly when she briefly inspected the burly man near the entrance. She hustled past him while holding her breath with her eyes solely focused on the woodworks near the ground. She had enough trouble dealing with strangers and she wasn't about to start staring at hefty bodyguards.

The place carried interesting fragrances and the scent of leather particularly stuck out as she passed various belts. She had a particular outfit in mind and she frowned when she noticed they only had breeches for sale. She always felt pants went against her elegant merit so she would have to ask the owner a couple questions since she wasn't going to give up on a skirt. She continued to browse after putting the small predicament aside and she saw a pair of leather gloves that would do nicely. She held onto them as she looked for something light to wrap around her feet. She spotted a pair of shin length sandals and placed them under the gloves while striking an interest in a white cotton shirt over near the linen section. Being content with her findings, she flung the light material over her right forearm and walked with a hastened pace towards the counter.

She placed the apparel along the tabletop and brushed the smidgen of grit off her newly washed gown. She then glanced at the pleasant, stout looking woman on the opposite side of the table and gave a friendly enough smile. With her shy nature kicking in, she immediately reverted to eyeing her items and the floor. "Good afternoon, miss. I'd like to purchase these few items and ask a question or two, if that's all right?"
Aethal
Arrow Devotee

Words: 4287
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2010, 8:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Stag Fern on October 9th, 2010, 1:05 pm

31st Day of Fall 510

Today Stag decided to explore Ravok. He found the little shop of Odds and Ends near his inn. To him it was a funny shop because from what he saw outside all of the items were all over the place some here and some there maybe it was some advertising trick to lure people in and it's working.

Inside it wasn't so little it was a tad bit bigger maybe the size of 2-3 stalls side by side. He looked around giving each item he saw a second before moving to the next. He also saw a man leaning to the wall with a piece of wood with spikes on it. That made Stag a little insecure even more so that he left his axe and knife in the inn. He knew that it was sercurity but still the thought of being whacked by one those things filled his head. So he walked towards the guard and said "Sir guard plese don't hold your wooden club so menacingly you might take my head off with that". The guard meerely laughed and pointed him towards the counter.

Sitting on the chair was a small woman as he approached the small woman looked up and spoke. "Hello there My name is Gloria how can I help you" said Gloria "Hello there I've been looking at your stuff and I would want to buy rope, a leather belt and a fur hat, I'll give you... ". Trailing of a bit as he looked at his little purse and did little math "1,2,3 gold mizas and you can keep the change". Gloria looked at Stag his apperance contradicted what he said but it was still money so she agreed "come again soon" she said and Stag was walking out when he realized the wolf pelt. "Excuse me how much would you buy this from me" Gloria looked up stared at the wolf pelt and said "5 copper just look at the pelt it was skinned unevenly it looks like it rotted a bit to me and it smells like meat". Disappointed Stag looked towards the door started walking then he went back towards Gloria and tried to sell it to her. In the end he got nothing out of it but at least it's gone with that he was finally off
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

[Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Scezha on February 9th, 2011, 6:44 am

65th of winter, 510 AV

After a few days in the city, Scezha finally understands the layout of the water canal, river, and bridges in this floating city. Just as he suspects, there are lots to see and explore in this place. But, before he do any reckless exploration, it's best if he resupply himself first. It's what desert nomads do every time they're back at Yahebah, or encountering a traveling merchant on one of the oasis. And the store in front of him right now looks like oasis enough for Scezha.

"Odds and Ends." He reads the sign on top of the door. Not a fancy name, but pretty suitable for a store that sold stuffs from... well, from odds and ends. Scezha pushes the door, ringing the bell inside and alerting the store guard. A barbaric guard, if he has to say. His apperance alone are more than enough to scare any would-be-thief passing through the door. But being no would-be-thief, Scezha have no reason to fear the man.

Just like what he heard, the shops was filled with so many antiques from so many different places. A lot of this Scezha has seen before, but few haven't Including a painting of horses running around in a prairie at the back of the shop. There are also a couple of flask, like what his master has. And a couple of ropes. In short, there are nothing new and interesting here, just a collection of old stuffs.

"Excuse me, Ma'am." Scezha greets the store owner. "I'd like to buy something."

The store owner, a pretty middle-aged lady, quickly approaches Scezha from the other side of the table, and ask. "Yes? What is it you're looking for?"

"Not much." Scezha answers. "Just tome things I need for my travel."

The lady tils her head a little. "And that would be?"

"A vial of ink, and five flasks you have over there." Scezha points at the items he wanted. "Also, you don't seem to have a quill and parchments, have you?"

"I can give you the ink and the flask." Said the lady. "But, unfortunately, I don't have any quill or parchments. You'll have to look elsewhere for that."

"That's fine." Scezha ponders for a second. Just realizes that he had forgot something. "You don't have something like a bracelet in your store, have you?"

"Bracelet, son? My, I have quite a plenty. You're a Benshira, aren't you? Your type are always interested in shiny and beautiful things." The lady opens a small chest, filled with all sorts of jewelry. "But I only have copper ones. That alrigth with you, boy?"

"Yeah." Scezha begin to hand-pick some of the larger bracelet in her chest. "I think I'll take..." He lined up few bracelets on the table, right at the side of the chest. "These ten."

The lady can't help but make an amazed face looking at the bracelets he picks. "My, that's quite a jewelry for a single man. Are you planning to give it to someone?"

"No, not really." Scezha answers. "Just like you said, we Benshiras always marvel at the beauty of things. It may be just copper, but I love the design on all of these bracelets. I think they'll make a good addition to my collection." Scezha tries his hard not to lie. He can't tell the lady that he's a spiritist and need to make his own ghostbead, so he tries to give a convincing, non-lie talk to the lady. The lady seem to believe it.

"Alright, then is that all, young man? That would be.. wait let me count." She bends her finger one by one while she counts. "Two gold one silver and five copper mizas."

Scezha took out two gold and silver, before receiving his five copper change. Then he grabs all his purchased items. "Thanks. I'll come again when I need something else."

"Thank you, young man. I'm glad to be of service."
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

[Location] Odds and Ends

Postby Strychnos on October 9th, 2011, 11:46 am

Timestamp: 2nd of Fall, 511 AV

Strychnos walked through the door, rubbing his rightarm since he just came from The Healing Hand and the vaccines' needles hadn't been the sharpest of the lot. He was confident in the capabilities of the doctors but it seemed that delicacy or a gentle touch weren't in the man's dictionary. All complaining aside, Strychnos was glad that he got the vaccins over and done with, so he could focus on the next step in his to-do list.

Gathering "his father's" crafts, so that he could lay them by his, rather pungent, last resting place.

Strychnos quickly strode through the shop's wares and picked out the cheapest items that could have been made by "his father". Which were small clay sculptures, they were nowhere near works of art...but who cared, they' would do their job and they would do it cheap!

He chose 3 of the 'best' clay sculptures in the shop and went to the clerk to pay for them.

" 15 GM. " The clerk said as he glanced over the wares.

Strychnos wanted to stab the man in the face for asking such a high price for them while on the shelf it said " 1 to 5 GM / piece ", but he simply paid since he didn't want anything to jeopardize his little game tomorrow.

Walking out the shop with 3 clay sculptures, he quickly went home to prepare for tomorrow.
Strychnos
Player

Words: 13304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet