A day in the office.

A simple body guarding job..or it should be.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A day in the office.

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 26th, 2012, 10:32 pm

42 of summer 512 Av
A day in the office.

"So this guy just wants me to watch his family? That's it?"

"Looks like it, is that a problem." The man filling out mercenary contracts replied with. He rolled his eyes waiting for a response it was clear he didnt want to be here much longer. "Look I get the jobs and I tell people like you what you need to do okay."

"Yeah its no problem I'm just usually expecting something else that's all. Any details you give me about this family." Bojovnik didnt want to be standing here any more than this man. "Hes a merchant alright, can I go now?" A simple nod of the head and the contractor moved down the street faster than you could say gone. A sigh escaped from his mouth as he looked at his sheet of paper dictating the contract. He scanned it over very quickly looking for the meeting place. It seemed the family was set to arive around a little after noon.

Knowing he had some time till he had to get to the family Bojovnik was completely fine with not rushing to get to their. A nice walk around the city always felt nice. Even in the early morning it wasnt hard for somebody to stay awake in this crowd. People pushing past him and shoving him out of the way. The docks arent to far from were he was and he decided to take a Ravosala to save some time.

"Were you heading friend?" He asked with a smile to Bojovnik. "The docks pleasr is that in your way?" The boatman simply nodded and Bojovnik sat back and watched the water for a time. Bojovnik was in a train of thought until the boat man turned around and asked him a question. "So you look well armed, you a mercenary or something?" A small chuckle came out of his lips as he looked back at he man. "Yeah, but I'm a body guard today it seemes why you need me for something?" The boat man turned his head around again and looked at him. "I will contact you threw your employers If I do. Well this is your stop"

Bojovnik stood up and nodded his head to the boatman. "How much?" He knew the average price but liked to ask anyway, sometimes people liked to cut you a deal. The man just shrugged his shoulders and held up to fingers. "That should be enough wasnt a far ride." Pulling his pouch of money out he got the amount and tossed it to the boatman who caught it. Bojovnik turned around looking at the docks seeing a nice crowd of people waiting to get out of the city. He found a bench and sat down on it, waiting for this merchant and his family to come.
Last edited by Bojovnik Vybutit on September 3rd, 2012, 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A day in the office.

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 28th, 2012, 1:43 am

Not even grasping the time Bojovnik looked up and saw a boat heading in with what he hoped would be the family he had to guard. The mercenary stood up and stretched his back. When the boat finaly pulled into the docks he saw whaat he assumed was his job. The oldest of family, probably the father, made eye contact with him first. Bojovnik walked up to him and was greeted with a handshake. "I assume your the body guard?" The man had a innocent smile about him, it made Bojovnik wonder why this man would want a bodyguard but a job's a job. "Yes sir I'm going to be with you untill you no longer require my services or the week long expiration has run out." This was a new experience for him, he never worked as a body guard before and had no idea how to act or help.

Two children were carrying a large load of supplies. One of them looked about 9 she had blond hair a blue eyes. The other one looked to be around his teenage years and a lot stronger. "Very well sounds good meet the family why dont you. Tim and Nina this is our body guard...what is your name son?" At first the question confused him but then he finaly responded. "It's Bojovnik sir." He said with a nod. " Lovely now these are my two children who are helping me set up a business in the city, I hope to make us all rich and happy one day. Well come on get a bag lets get to the apartment."

Bojovnik saw the younger girl, Nina, struggling with her bag and he reached over and took hers while still carrying his own. During the long walk Tim continued to turn around and look at Bojovnik it was clear he was fascinated with the weaponry he had on him. The hints were dropped that he wanted to talk with him wen there was time. Apartments are never anything special and this was no exception. A few small rooms and nothing really valuable. "Okay you two stay with Bojovnik I'm going to go talk with some of the people in town to see how to get a business up and running." With that the father left the room leaving the two children in Bojvoniks care.

"You ever kill someone?" That was the first question that came out of the boys mouth. "I want to be a mercenary like you one day too, but father wants me to be a politician or a merchant a boring life if you ask me. What you do is cool." Bojovnik chuckled. "Whats so funny I'm serious!" Tim was clearly getting agitated now by Bojovniks reaction. "You should listen to your father boy hes a smart man. He want's the best for you." Why would anyone want to do this kind of work, its risky, it sucks, and its down right boring at times.

"But I want to be on adventures and fight people and make money. Why does everyone think I cant do it?" Tim walked over to the bag and began to unpack again. Not knowing what to say Bojovnik just continued to unpack from his two bags. At one point he looked up to see Nina and he gave her a warm full smile. It seemed to cheer her up.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A day in the office.

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on September 4th, 2012, 1:47 am

When the three finaly finished the sun was beginning to set and the father still had not returned. Bojovnik feared the worst as he always did but knew if anything happened to the father the kids would be next. "Were is father? Why isnt he back yet." Nina asked as she too noticed something was wrong. Not watning to have a scared child on his hands Bojovnik decided to usher her to bed, which she did without protest. He smiled when he noticed how compliant the girl was.

"Is my dad alright merchenary?" Tim asked when Bojovnik started looking out of a window for any sign's of the father. He shruged his shoulders to the boy and sat down. "I didnt sign up for a babysittig job why is it nothing ever works out right." He thought to himself as he closed his eyes. It wasnt his intention to fall asleep but he did.

Bojovnik woke up to the sound of screams coming from Nina. Shaking his head awake he had just enought time to know to duck his head befor the blade chopped it off. He couldn't see the assailant at the moment due to him still being half asleep but the general body could be made out. Bojovnik reached down to get his axe and unhooked it ready to fight the man. His sword was much longer then the axe was. Regaining his vision Bojovnik saw this man was much taller and well built then himself.

He swung the sword to Bojovniks left and the two weapons clashed together making sparks fly off. A quick step to the left and a perfect striking oprotunity was avalible. The axe was coming down hard but the two weapons once again colided together. Seeing no other attack avalible Bojovnik punched the man with his free hand. He stumbled back droping his sword. A small smile grew on Bojovniks face as he jumped towards the man read to finish the fight with his axe when the attacker reched out and grabed Bojovnik mid air. Wasting no time he threw Bojvonik accross the room slamming his back on a wall.

Bojovnik reared in pain and felt a swift kick to his gut that rolled him over. This mountain of a man stood over him ready to stomp his boot on Bojovnik's head. Just in time Bojovnik rolled over under his legs and tripped the man. His body fell to the floor with a large thump. Bojovnik looked over at him and slamed his elbow down on his neck. Imediatly his hands shot up to cover his neck as it grew hard for the man to breath. Bojovnik stood up, leaned over him, and picked him back up. "Okay listen to me, your going to leave this house and never come back alright. You had the element of surprise, your bigger then me, stronger and yet I beat you half asleap you need to get a different line of work." With that Bojovnik turned him around and shoved him towards the door.

Tim walked up to him and smiled. "Okay I dont wana be like you now, your bleeding to much for my taste." Bojovnik chuckled and ran his fingers over the kids head. "Good your father would like that I think.

Bojovnik went to make sure Nina was okay when he found out she was he went to wait for the father who came home late at night. "Oh my god what happened in here?" Bojovnik stood up and tried to explain everything to the father. "A giant of a man came in to tthe house wile I slept and began to attack me. I fended him off and I'm almost certain he wont come back again sir. The family was never in any danger as I made sure that they weren't harmed during the fight."

The father seemed content with this explanation. Noding his head he spoke again. "Well mercenary I thank you for your work and release you from this contract of yours. Your jop is finished." The father tossed him the pay that was already aranged with the assignment contractor. "For protecting my family you are always welcomed in my household my good lad." Bojovnik smiled and waved goodbye to the father and the two children. "Finally, what an easy job today."
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A day in the office.

Postby Verilian on October 25th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Bojovnik Vybutit

• +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Weapon (Handaxe)

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on your reward, feel free to PM me.

Lores: Giving advice to a child,

Expenses: -2 Silver Mizas (for the boatman)

Loot: 50 Gold Mizas

Notes: Keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)