Solo I Stand Corrected

Knirin Gardens // Dagger Training, Part ii.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

I Stand Corrected

Postby Naeya on August 31st, 2012, 8:26 am

Timestamp: Season of Summer, 2nd Day, 512 AV [Sunrise]

When Naeya arrived at the Knirin Gardens for her second lesson in using a dagger, Kobalt was ready and waiting. Too ready, perhaps. The older Akalak was in the middle of a set of pushups, but jumped up enthusiastically when Naeya cleared her throat in greeting. He gave her a mischievous grin in response to her wave, which subsequently elicited a knowing groan from the young Konti. Her brother had a tendency to assume that everyone else shared his energy levels, and she grimaced in anticipation for the training session ahead.

"Hey Nae! Do you know what I realized after our practice yesterday?" he asked in Tukant, reaching out to take the wooden practice dagger from Naeya's hand. She sighed, and did her best to distract him from his own exuberance.

"That you ought to take your favourite sister out for breakfast?"

Her brother barely blinked an eye. "You're my only sister," he replied dryly, stretching alternate arms across his chest. "What I realized was that we never had you do a warm-up. I've no idea how that escaped my attention." The Akalak moved into a side stretch as he spoke. "But don't worry. We'll more than make up for it today."

Naeya rolled her eyes skyward and silently prayed to Avalis for patience. "Oh, good..." She smoothed a strand of blonde hair behind her ear and half-dragged her feet over to Kobalt's side. "All right, big brother. What would you have me do?"

The next twenty chimes were centered on a cardio-heavy workout that consisted primarily of a mix of lunges, sprints, and focused stretching. Kobalt seemed determined to push her limits, and beads of perspiration dotted her forehead as she ran back and forth. "How... much... longer?" she gasped, dropping her right fingertips down to touch the grass before turning to sprint back the way she came. Her brother did not deign to answer, and instead grinned cheekily as he ran leisurely beside her.

After several more repetitions of this exercise (Naeya was unsurprised to hear that they were called "suicides"), Kobalt finally held up his hand and indicated for her to stop. Though all she wanted to do was collapse on the ground and rest, the Akalak insisted that she walk it off. Naeya paced slowly around a small section of the garden, chest heaving and hands clasped lightly over her head.

This is just the warm-up?
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)