Flashback Note From a Newcomer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Note From a Newcomer

Postby Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 11:24 am

Tourmal Summer 39, 512 AV

For the last few days the sun's heat blazed like it had a personal vendetta against all things living. It was still early but the termperature felt like it had already doubled itself in just two hours of sunlight. This summer was one of the hottest tourmal had remembered since living in Syliras. So much so, that he had left the Stone Garden early today due to the overbearing heat.

Passing by an old friend of his the Golden Dragon. Tourmal Stared at the wreckage disheartened hoping that one day the place would be repaired and reopened. Always there when he I was in need. You gave me a boost when I was in a rut, He thought to himself. Now it was but a shadow of it's former glory. No one who worked there considered him a regular, still that did not take away his appreciation for such an establishment.

After recalling some of the good times he had there, he pushed it from his mind for he was onto another place that he held in higher regards. His whole body ached to get there.
Last edited by Tourmal Firemane on September 28th, 2012, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Flashback]Note From a Newcomer

Postby Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Tourmal made his way to the fourth tier. He walked through the humid hallways which were considerably cooler than outside. As he proceeded through the entrance with a sign above it reading 'Soothing Water Bath and Massage' he found himself in front of a counter standing face to face with the receptionist Ivis Balak.

“The usual?” Ivis asked. Tourmal answered with a nod. Tourmal counted out five gold, seven silver, and nine copper mizas. “Always the same with you” Ivis said after counting the coin. Ivis indicated to an attendant to grab soap and a towel and follow them. He then directed Tourmal to an empty changing room where the girl placed the towel on a bench. Ivas left back to man the counter waiting for the next customer.

The girl who Tourmal had never met before stood outside staring at him. He smiled and motioned for her to turn around. Startled by the realization of what she was doing she abruptly turned around and stood outside the changing room next to the door as all of her predecessors had done. She must be new he thought to himself.

After he finished changing he placed his clothing on the bench and walked out of the room with his towel around his waist. The girl went inside grabbed his clothing and took them to where the laundry was. On their way Tourmal payed close attention to the girls features. He guessed that she was in her early twenties. She had sandy blonde hair and a small mole a half inch left of her left eye. She had cool blue eyes and what looked like a shapely body. Most of which was hidden under her uniform so it was hard to tell. After the laundry had been dropped of they walked side by side on their way to the bath.

When they arrived they stood at the entrance to a large courtyard on the third tier of Syliras.
Last edited by Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 12:41 pm

The courtyard was an impressive view to newcomers the pool was the size of two of most peoples apartments. The water ripples of water made by its occupants reflected the sunlight shimmering in the heat of the day. Along the edges of the courtyard there were multiple entryways to private baths, which Tourmal considered much too expensive for him. The place had lost its initial effect on him. The sight of the water gave him a feeling of relief that all the grime composed of soot and his sweat would finally be washed away.

Tourmal spotted an area where there weren't many customers and headed there accompanied by the girl who was holding a bar of soap. As they walked he noticed out of the corner of his eye she was looking up at him, he turned slightly to see what she was looking at and found a slightly devious smile on her face. He looked forward thinking maybe later, but for now he ignored her obvious interest in what was to come.

When they reached their intended location by the pool Tourmal dropped his towel stepped in and sat down on a bench the perfect height under the water so that his head was not submerged. The girl folded his towel and placed it nearby and began to wash him. Tourmal had not washed himself due to the near complete state of exhaustion he was in. The night spent in the works had drained most his strength and would have made it impossible for him to reach every part of his body. That and when it came to washing nothing felt better than a petite pair of hands.

Tourmal was surprised how professional she stayed during the whole ordeal. He had expected her to award him a few flirtatious comments, or even chat him up as most the others had when they were new. When they finished Tourmal grabbed the towel, stood up and stepped out of the pool then proceeded to dry himself. “Now for what we came here for” he said.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 1:19 pm

After drying himself he wrapped the towel back around his waist and looked around. At that time the girl went off to what he expected was the laundry room to see if his clothing had been washed. Shortly after wards a man came to him “Follow me sir” he said. The man led him to a room with a padded table upholstered in leather. Tourmal then laid face down on the table, closed his eyes, and drifted into paradise.

Tourmal made a habit of visiting at least once a week to have a masseuse work the knots out of his overworked back and feet. The constant pounding of iron and steel into what later became tools of war, combined with being on his feet all day often left his body a wreck. These issues were troublesome, they hampered his efforts to sleep, all of which led him to where he was now.

Thirty chimes had passed when the man gave him a pat on his back. Which Tourmal had learned that it was time to turn over. He was glad that his masseuses never really tried to talk to him. Also their added strength helped them in aiding his muscles to recover from his strenuous occupation. These points made it an easy decision when his goal was to replenish his own strength for the coming work week.

His first few times receiving a massage from a woman, she had used her skills as bait to hook him into getting a few drinks later and concurrently an awkward morning. When out for drinks she confessed she found his timidity amusing and slightly attractive. Back then he was like a baby gazelle and she a hungry predatory cat on the prowl. Not to say he didn't enjoy what ensued, he just decided if he were to end up in a situation like that it would be of his own planning.

Tourmal was different now. Back then he did not know what he wanted and was searching for his calling in life. Now he had a goal and systematically did what he could to achieve it, not wanting to be distracted by anything. Tourmal knew that he did not want a relationship. He knew that it had many benefits but right now he was not ready to spend all his extra time consumed bout the wants and deeds of another. No, how he spent his free time would be on something that would increase his skill in weaponsmithing or hedonistic. Tourmal Drifted off again letting the hands of the masseuse work him into a dream like state.

With another pat on the back Tourmal came out of his trance and knew that it was over. He then proceded in dressing in his newly washed clothing that must have been brought by the girl from earlier while he was asleep. The man had done well. “Make sure to drink some water” the man reminded him, placing a mug on the table where his shirt still lay. Tourmal had learned a while back that for your body to heal properly you needed to drink plenty of water after a rub down. It was obvious that he needed water, from how parched his throat was, and even with the humidity his eyes were dry. The time he spent at work and now this had really sapped him dry. After he was done getting dressed he pulled a gold miza out of his purse and handed it to the man “Thank you” he said. He was going to sleep well tonight.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on September 7th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Before setting off outside, Tourmal rested pool side and had af ew glasses of water to replenish himself. After he was done he went back to the receptionist Ivan, “Give this to the girl from before, it's for her services” he said handing him one gold miza.

Tourmal started walking out the door. “Wait!” the girl yelled running towards him. He stopped and watched her canter across the gap between them. As she drew nearer she held out her hand. He did so likewise, and she placed her hands on his holding them. Her hand was so small and soft compared to his gargantuan calloused mitts. “I'm going to the Rearing Stallion tonight after my shift.” she said “You can join me if you would like. If not, well... If not I guess I'll have to find something else to fill my time.” She had to stand on her tip toes to place the following kiss on his cheek, which Tourmal found adorable. Before she walked back to the counter where Ivis stood, she twisted her body, accentuating the natural curves of her body and drew her finger downward over her bottom lip and bit on her fingernail, while she smiled seductively at him.

As she walked away swaying her hips with a swagger that told Ivis, I told you I wasn't afraid and told Tourmal that she clearly wasn't as innocent as he had first thought, Tourmal looked down at his hand. There was a small note he had not previously noticed. She must have put it there when she placed that kiss on him.

The note read,

“Meet me at the Rearing Stallion one bell after
sundown. I promise you won't be sorry.

PS: My name is Avina”

Having finished what he was there for he took on look back at the girl, where she stood with a combination triumphant and alluring look grinning at him. As he saw this thinking about what would happen later that night he could not suppress the grin that was growing on his lips, nor did he want to. Tourmal winked at her indicating that he would indeed be in her company tonight, pivoted on his right foot and walked out the door back to his apartment.

“I guess I wont be sleeping much tonight after all.”
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on September 11th, 2012, 5:04 am

Tourmal Firemane

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Intro to Cute Attendant (Avina)
Longing for a Lost Friend (Golden Dragon)
Predatory Pussy Cat (Female Masseuse)

Notes :
Okay another fun read. I'm a fan of character development threads. Now I didn't award seduction because it seemed as if Tourmal was the one seduced. Next time have him do more if you'd rather him not say much. Even a few encouraging words to Avina would have been a start though.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)