Wings of Faith (Nira)

The Plague Camp petitions Rak'keli and others for godly intervention.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Imass on September 15th, 2012, 4:29 am

Fall 5 512 AV
Five days after quarentine

Golden light flooded the sky from a single yellow dot in the horizon. Sunbeams crept over the mountain and bathed the whole area in bright streams of pure energy. The sun was not hot though. Mist hung in the valley like a heat shield. It was humid but cool. A fragrant breeze blew into the valley to bring vitality. The sunrise was absolutely amazing.

Standing at the edge of the Plague-bearer’s camp, Imass took it all in. He spread his arms out straight and strong. He bathed in the sunrise. He took deep breathes. His nostrils opened wide as he breathed in massive amounts of air. He breathed with his stomach by pushing the air from the top of his lungs to the bottom. Clenching his abdomen he kept his stomach tight as it expanded. This allowed for big, long, loud, breaths.

After each slow breath, the sun would rise more and more. Light began to break through all the trees and melt together to brighten up the whole sky. Beams of light still shined ever so brightly though. Imass continued to control his breathing. It was a very simple task. All he had to do was stomach breathing techniques and he would not only regulate his heart-rate, but also get into a meditative state easier.

Slowly the noises of night time began to fade away as well. The massive amount of crickets suddenly began to calm down. No more hooting owls or howling wolves. All nocturnal sounds diminished to silence. The wind, however, remained modestly loud. Imass continued to breathe deeply. The silence finally prompted him to start prayer and meditation.

He began, with a prayer to Yahal, ‘Oh Holy One. Please make me more deserving of thy faith… I ask thee to sweep the tides of despair from the camp so that all may keep their heads high. Our spirits cannot be trampled by the plague or war. Our faith will remain ever tough and brave in these times of despair. I affirm these beliefs and I have total faith in my decisions. Please guide me with faith, oh Holy One, faith to always do the right thing no matter how dangerous the situation. I put all my trust in your strength to help me follow the tenants of Tyveth and Sylir in the upcoming trials…’

The Knight took a few more deep breaths and attempted to clear his mind again. He had just said a pivotal prayer, which he believed Yahal was personally listening. It was a basically plea with a higher conscience for guidance and he was one hundred percent serious about it. He half expected that Yahal appear in the flesh, but that was erroneous. If Yahal did not appear, it would only make Imass’ faith stronger. He continued breathing for a while more.

After several minutes of silence, the noises of the wilderness began again. They were pleasant this time. Birds, chirping insects, wind rustling the leaves of trees, and deer were among the many happy noises. Imass smiled. He felt his heart completely in tune in faith and love of Yahal. He knew for a fact that this day is was a good omen. This was his sign from Yahal himself. The morning sunshine, the love in the valley. It was absolutely amazing and breathtaking. His body had never felt better after being given the plague. His body felt as if it was floating. His body began to feel numb as the power of Yahal went over him. It gave him strength of action and conviction of words. He knew as long as he followed the tenants of Sylir, Tyveth, Yahal, and even Priskil everything would work out for the best.

Imass took a final deep breath then struggled to return from his trance like meditation. He needed to tell Nira’lia about the omen. He needed to discuss his revelation with her immediately. It would soon be time to ask the gods for a significant blessing.

“Seer… I bring good tidings.” Imass whispered to Nira’lia at the entrance of her tent. He remained quiet enough to not to awaken any other sleeping person who was around. His whisper was grave and serious, yet still full of laughter and joy. Imass knew that the Worshiper of Rak’keli would emerge from the tent for what he had to say.
Last edited by Imass on October 11th, 2012, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Nira'lia on September 17th, 2012, 1:22 pm

While Imass prayed to his Yahal, Nira’lia was also speaking to her two Goddesses. She whispered hopeful words to the two divine sisters. From her Mother Avalis, she asked that she be guided, that she be blessed with the precognition to see what she needed to do. And from the Merciful Rak’keli, she asked for her intervention to help those suffering from the plague.

“Mother Avalis, please let me see what I need to see… Merciful Rak’keli, please help us all. I am unsure of what to do about this camp’s disease.”

These were the two main Goddesses in Nira’lia’s life—these two sisters whose names were a huge basis for her ever action. She needed both of them.

It was early, but she had been awake for nearly a bell now. She was already wide awake when she finished speaking to her Goddesses, and she looked up when she heard someone calling her. It was the blue Knight’s voice, she knew that much.

‘…good tidings?’

What could Ser Imass have possibly discovered this early in the morning?

The Konti exited the tent, her expression a mixture of curiosity and surprise. If he had used any other words, she would have thought that this was an emergency. Nira’lia looked up at Imass, noting that there was happiness in his voice.

Looking to the distance, Nira’lia could see the sunrise. It was a beautiful visage, one that caused Nira’lia to grin widely. Despite the dire situation of the camp, the amazing sight of the sunrise was a nice thing to start the day with.

“Hello,” she replied softly, keeping her voice low as well. Most of those in camp weren’t up yet. “Why are you up so early, Ser Imass…?”

She had actually been meaning to speak to him. Aside from him being one of the victims of disease, she wanted to ask about something she had seen through his eyes. Nira’lia had seen visions of the windoak from Imass’s memories, although she was unsure of how to approach the topic. The Konti had to tread carefully.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Imass on September 25th, 2012, 4:04 am

Imass waited silently in the brisk fall air until the Seer had exited her tent. There was an expression of surprise on her face, but the Knight worried not for he saw that she herself had too been awake. Imass waited cordially and silently as she approached him, blinking as the golden beams of sunlight hit her face. She seemed almost to sparkle in the morning; her features mature and expression loving. She was awakened and alert so the Worshiper of Tyveth, Yahal, and Sylir immediately began.

"Come hither fair Seer," Imass pleaded with his hand pointed towards the edge of the campgrounds. He waited for her to pass him, and then he walked with Nira'lia's side. He led her silently to the edge of a ridge a quarter of a mile away. It took them only a few chimes to walk there, but to Imass it felt like only a few ticks for he was deep in thought.

Finally they were at the edge of the ridge. The scene was majestic, absolutely stunning. Crouching down so that he was eye level with Nira'lia, the Akalak placed a heavy, yet gentle hand on her shoulder. Imass then waved his other arm across the horizon. His words where soft and enchanting as he dubiously guided her through a meditation, "Is this not beautiful Nira'lia? Look at how Syna blesses us with golden rays of light... Feel the warmth on your skin... breathe in.....out.... feel the slight burn on your skin... it makes you feel you alive... you feel the crisp air cut through the sun... you feel the relief of the air on your skin..."

Imass paused and took a deep breath himself, "Look into the horizon. See the thin clouds hover ever closely to the ground. See Syna bless the whole land with energy and disperse the shadows of the night."

He paused, looked into her eyes, and digged deep trying to find the reflection of faith from her, "Now. Ask yourself: Am I alive? Am I truly here? Do I believe I am alive? ... If the answer is yes, then follow me."

Releasing his grip from Nira'lia, Imass sprinted with all his might to the edge of the ridge which was twenty yards away from where they were standing. From their perspective it looked like the edge of a massive cliff that looked below on the valley. Imass did not stop though and instead jumped over without a moment’s hesitation.

The Seer would see only the flash of blue as the Akalak Knight plummeted down the ravine. However, Imass knew that that jumping the cliff wasn't dangerous the drop was only about ten feet, so his large body landed with very little trouble.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Nira'lia on September 26th, 2012, 7:46 pm

She peered at him skeptically. Her features were wrought with confusion, and at first she didn’t say anything, as if she were waiting for him to give her a definite explanation as to what was going on. But Imass seemed to speak in riddles, not telling her the reason as to why he had sought her out.

And he was right. The morning was indeed beautiful. Her gaze followed his gesture and she looked at the magnificent horizon. It was pleasant to the eyes, there was no doubting that.

“What’s going on, Ser Imass?” she asked softly, thoroughly puzzled. “The answer is yes, but…”

He didn’t seem to hear her, which was understandable because her voice was so meek. She was too much at a loss to react more assertively. The Konti watched him… and she gave a squeak when he jumped off the cliff.

“Imass? Imass!” she shrieked in utter panic. The shock made her forget titles. Nira’lia looked around her, searching for any other person—a person who would have witnessed the insane knight who jumped off the cliff. Alas, there was nobody around. Nobody but her had seen the strange, maddening sight.

Her instinct told her to run off to fetch someone that would go look if Imass was safe. She also contemplated peeking over the ravine and down below—a fact which nauseated her. Nira’lia didn’t want to see the crumpled up body of the Akalak.

It just didn’t make sense to her.

And she realized that Imass was not foolish enough to kill himself, not after that monologue he made about the beauty of the sunrise, and especially not after his zeal had brought him all this way. And she realized that she had to trust him.

“Catch me!” she screamed after him. The Konti mimicked him, running towards the edge and jumping off in the same way that he did. She had no idea that the drop was only ten feet. However, the time it took her to get to the bottom gave her an exhilarating sense of feeling. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest, and barely a second passed before she found herself in Imass’s arms.

That was it. The drop wasn’t fatal at all.

Nira’lia disentangled herself away from him. Her cheeks flushed red and she couldn’t help but laugh. The adrenaline rush was still fresh within her, and she recomposed herself before looking at Imass.

“What was that about!?” she laughed. And then she looked around, seeing if there was anything here that he wanted to show her.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Imass on September 27th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Wiping the dust off his shoulders, the zealous Knight turned back up at the miniature cliff to see nothing but invisible hesitation. He couldn’t even hear the Seer’s voice anymore since she was so soft-spoken. All he could do now was waiting for her to take a leap of faith… literally!

Not much longer though, Imass heard a feminine, yet courageous Konti yell in emotional outburst. The Akalak smiled wickedly as he saw the slender, yet innocently curved Seer jump over the edge of the cliff! Her face was brightly lit up with several moments of exhilaration and joy. Imass laughed whole heartedly as she fell into his arms. The large Akalak held her with thick strong arms and close to his chest. He let her feel his heart beating and thick deep breaths. He smiled at her genuinely before ever so gently placing her on the grass.

Imass knelt in front of Nira’lia and began to explain to her the meaning of such outburst, “That leap over the chasm of fear.... It is that flutter in your heart and the shiver down your spine. The moment you jump over the cliff is both the scariest and happiest moment you shall feel at the same instance. That exact moment you jumped was that of total mental quietness and totally spiritual excitement… it is faith at its core!”

The Knight leaned back and sat in the grass. He plucked out a blade of grass and looked at Nira’lia, “Before I continue, tell me about your own faith in Rak’keli. Have you felt that very same feeling as before when you jumped the cliff? What do you believe in? Who do you believe in?” Although his words were simple, they held great heaviness and seriousness. Despite the formalized respect he showed Nira, the whole entire setting was calm, relaxing, and peaceful. It was perfect for meditation and quiet religious discussion.

Imass wanted to see exactly what the Seer was all about.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Nira'lia on October 2nd, 2012, 4:46 pm

While normally wary of being close to someone else, Nira’lia didn’t mind this time. Her Konti gift only worked the first time, and she had already seen his most precious memory. And in his memory, she had seen the strange tree that had appeared in her dreams. She had to remind herself to ask him about it later on.

She blinked as he knelt down before her, and she patiently listened to his words. Her mouth was still spread into a huge, childish grin. The feeling of exhilaration was still fresh. And these feelings which welled up within her were summarized by the knight’s monologue.

Faith.

It was a familiar word to her.

The Konti didn’t expect such deep questions from him. She was not one to sit down and philosophize. Nira’lia always made an effort to participate in intricate discussions when needed, but she often found herself lost. Speaking about the future, reality, what was moral—these were often lost on her.

“I have always revered both Avalis and Rak’keli,” she said clearly but slowly. “They guide me, Imass. I wasn’t born with Rak’keli’s mark, but when I finally had the chance to meet her... You’re right, when she blessed me as her own, what I felt was similar to the feeling of jumping off the cliff. Utmost exhilaration and it’s not something I can put into words. It’s… I’m sorry, but for me, there are no words that would be able to explain how I feel about my goddesses.”

Nira’lia looked at him with a soft smile. She was not very good at explaining herself, but she tried her best.

“It’s similar to happiness. You know it’s there, but you just can’t explain it. It’s just something you feel within yourself. Imass, why are you asking this?”
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Imass on October 2nd, 2012, 9:01 pm

The galant Akalak sat on the grass and looked into the beautiful Konti's eyes. His bright gold eyes shimmered in the sunshine. His gaze was that of a happy man. His beard was trimmed, full, and just as thickas his hair. His teeth, although visbily damaged from countless blows to the face, were always presentable (except for a missing canine). His thick oily hair was slicked backwards by scrubbing it with coarse soap; the haircut was a typical short-trimmed haircut for warriors in his place of birth. He was a handsome Knight.

Ser Imass even smiled at her. She was not quick to answer though. Imass sensed that she was actually thinking of a proper response for him. Suddenly, the Seer reminded him of his life long crush; Naeya was raised in Riverfall amongst the noble and patriarchal Akalak warriors. She was very vocal about everything around her and had a stronger, atheltic demeaner. Nira'lia's demanor was different though. She looked so innocent, shy, and loving' her face was young and pretty. The reason they were similar in nature was not because of physical appearance, but because Nira actually listened to Imass' questions, just like Naeya's letters. Some many people before her where quick to dismiss him and his beliefs, but they listened....Nira listened.

The Akalak turned his steady gaze away from Nira and gave her a chance to respond. He picked up a blade of grass and stared at it for awhile. The Konti responded in a slow and seemingly timid voice. It almost sounded like she had never vocalized her beliefs before. Perhaps, she was just shy around Imass or something.

Imass gave a geniuine smile back to Nira, "Utmost exhiliration cannot even describe true faith in full, Nira'lia. Only Yahal himself could find the words to explan faith. The ideals and truths of your gods are ultimately inconcievable if you have no faith."

The Akalak paused and raised the blade of grass close to his face, almost as if he was inspecting it, "I had this overwhelming feeling just before Syna awakened from slumber. I felt Yahal himself come down and bless the valley itself! Look --" Imass revealed his inner tighs showing the swelling had reduced incredibally, "They are healing incredibally fast. This is good blessing I tell you. I prayed to Yahal for a sign and look... the plague is receding! In the tree's most dutiful name, I hereby declare this most certainly a sign from Yahal that the plague must be cured today!"

Imass took a deep breath and reached for a gentle hand. The galant knight meant to gently kiss it in curtsy, "Nira'lia I think that you truely understand me." Imass sat there and looked into her eyes waiting for a response.

Imass' mind brought him back to the day he saw the windoak for the first time for some odd fateful reason. His brightly-lit and passionate eyes conveyed this same type of emotion into his face.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Nira'lia on October 4th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Ideals and truths of her Gods?

“…What do you think are Avalis’s ideals and truths?” she inquired. The words came out of her almost automatically. The Konti revered her mother Goddess as much as she revered Rak’keli, and while she knew that she could answer the question herself if she gave it some deeper though, she wanted to know the Akalak’s thoughts as well.

Nira’lia looked at the swelling on his skin. She blinked as she realized that he was right. It indeed looked as if it was healing nicely, and more rapidly than she had though. The Konti grinned widely and clapped her hands together to show her joy.

“But… I don’t think diseases are Yahal’s domain, Imass…” she smiled, trying to phrase her words carefully. Embarrassed, she allowed him to take her hand, the one with the iridescent lily mark. A faint blush met her cheeks as he kissed the back of her hand. The Konti was not accustomed to such things, and she took her hand away when she deemed it polite to do so. “Perhaps Yahal did have something to do with this, I do not know, but you must be thankful to Rak’keli. I am sure that if this is anyone’s doing, it is hers.”

With a twinkle in her eye, she looked right at Imass’s eyes. His joyful expression reminded her once more of the vision she had seen.

“I hope I do understand you, Imass… but it would be arrogant for me to claim that I do understand you,” she told him softly. And, with a deep breath, she went straight to the topic that she hoped wouldn’t offend him. The Konti was not aware that her Ethaefal companion had already told the Akalak of her vision of the windoak, and she didn’t know if it was acceptable to speak of it. “This tree you speak of… I’ve seen it before. In my dreams, and when you touched me the other day… wait, I must explain something first.”

She looked hesitant, as she always was when she spoke about her gift. Telling other people that she intruded on their memories was not a fact she liked to divulge.

“When someone touches me, I see the memory that they hold most precious. And through you, I saw you and… a tree. A tree which I’ve seen in my dreams before. Perhaps you could tell me about it? It has made me most curious.”
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Imass on October 5th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Imass' gallant face suddenly became pale. Had Nira inadvertently learnt about the true identity of the most sacred Windoak? The Akalak sat silently with a concerned gaze as the Konti explained to him in detail. She was not only receiving visions of the most sacred banner icon, but also saw a memory of the Windoak through her own Konti gift.

The knight shuddered. All the talk of faith in gods went away. A grave look came over his face and the Knight choked up on his words. He did not even know where to start. He would dare not tell her any information. Tyveth said speak the truth always, but the gods he worshiped demanded honor and duty. He would keep his word and also follow orders to a point, no matter what the consequences where.

Suddenly a burst of emotion ran through him and he could no longer keep his stillness. Flipping onto his knees the Knight started Nira'lia in the eyes. His gaze was hard and serious; Imass was not going to play games, however he would still show her chivalry.

"My Lady Nira'lia," he said slowly with a voice trembling in the anticipation of what was about to come, "Tell me everything you know of this tree or speak of. I want to know your vision in detail."

If his eye contact wasn't enough to sway her, then he would have to use other methods to extract the information. He prayed to the gods now that the konti wouldn't try to hide anything. Looking back up at the sunrise he remembered the faith he was contemplating but moments ago. Before she answered he thought to himself softly, I have believe in you Nira'lia...
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Wings of Faith (Nira)

Postby Nira'lia on October 6th, 2012, 4:59 pm

The Konti gaped at him. He wasn’t answering any of her questions, but he seemed adamant to get all the information she knew. Nira’lia wasn’t familiar with the ways of the Knight, but it was evident that this was a serious matter.

“If I tell you, will you explain it to me?” she asked in reply. Her voice was clear and confident, and her eyes were bright with anticipation. This was all a riddle to her.

His expression frightened her, but this turn of events made her extremely curious. Her dream had led her to aid the Knight’s cause—but she didn’t know what their cause was. And something in her heavily said that it had largely to do with the strange tree. It wasn’t simply a tree. She was sure of that.

She could see that there was no point in trying to negotiate with him. Even if her previous question implied that she’d only speak about her visions if he gave her what she wanted, she now realized that her words were more of a hopeful request.

“I don’t know anything about the tree, Imass. There’s really not much I can tell you about it. Back in Alvadas, I had a strange dream of a walled city across the Suvan Sea… and I knew it was Syliras. The dream was heavily focused on a tree, the same one that I see on your banners. When I made the connection, I knew we were called her to aid you in your cause… as were so many others. But I still don’t know why that’s the case.”

Nira’lia gave him a weak smile. The next thing she had to speak about was what she had seen through his eyes. That made her uncomfortable, and she fidgeted as she spoke.

“As for your memory… I’m sure you’re much more familiar with that than I am. All I saw was you making your vow in front of the great tree. That is all. My visions don’t tell me anything, they are but empty images with no meaning unless someone explains them to me. That is why I hope you may explain them.”
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next