Lil Sis [Nadea]

Gale meets his new sister!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 20th, 2012, 4:21 am

ImageImageImage
27th of Fall, 512 A.V.
Just outside of Zeltiva
Early. Real early.

Laying there... He laid there... Aaaaall night.

The murder was laying in his simple bed at the Grotto, just laying there. He hadn't been getting much sleep at all these past few sundowns and last night wasn't any better. You could probably say that the blonde was utterly...lost. He was confused, angered, saddened, and rather forlorn.

Confused because of the fact he was able to pull of such an
act. He couldn't even understand how he even thought of it and acted on it without a second thought and no defiance at all. Confused as to how he could have just taken a life and watched with a look of amusement on his face. Angered for the same reasons. Gale was also angered by the knowledge of who his father was. His own father encouraging him to do so. Saddened to know that a women who loved the sailor would never see or hear him again and it was his fault. Forlorn because he has no one to really trust anymore. Anyone he can trust just uses him making things worse. He had no idea what to do anymore.

Laying on his side, Gale turned his head to bury it into the bed and pillow. The whole murder was tearing him apart and making him start from scratch again, making the artist even more pathetic then he already was. He was a mess inside and out and it can be seen clearly with the tired look in his eyes and hesitant actions. Maybe he should just gi-

No, that was not going to happen. He wasn't going to try
that again. One attempt was enough. He just needed to hold onto what he had left. Starting with going outside of the city and visiting someone who would not be very proud of his actions if she were here today.

Gale huffed into the pillow before pushing himself up and out of the bed. The thief ran a hand through his hair to pull it out of his face and looked around for anything he would need. He was bringing his sketchbook and charcoal, of course. The blonde went over to his desk and picked the two up and looked around the room again for anything else he might want. Gale bit the inside of his cheek in thought. He didn't really feel like doing anything today like selling a painting so he supposed he could stay longer then usual. He would probably get hungry though. He'll get something while he is heading out. He would need his bag though if he was going to pack something other then his book.

Gale when over to his bag in the corner, which he hardly ever used, and picked it up. He heard a hallow and light thunk of something hitting the ground and he glanced at the corner, seeing the wooden flute laying in the bags place. He had forgotten all about it, it being stuffed behind the back for so long. The thief stooped down and picked it up. It was lighter then he remembered. Since he was planning on staying out there for a while maybe he could learn how to play finally.As long as he didn't go too far out then he should probably be fine with the noise attracting animals and whatnot. He wouldn't want to ruin people's ears with the horrible playing after all. He would need his music book though if he was going to learn anything specific.

Gale placed the pack and the flute on the bed and looked around for it, wondering where he had put it. Nope, not in his desk. He found it under some papers and pictures in his "artistic" corner of the room where all of his finished and unfinished pictures went. He put it in the backpack and the sketchbook followed. Pulling it on his back, he grabbed the flute and looked at it for a few moments, placing his fingers on the holes, trying to recall how Hana held it when she played it. He shrugged and figured he would find out in a bit.

Heading out, Gale got something simple that he could bring along to eat, being just nuts. He messed with the instrument as he walked around Zeltiva and finally out. Walking along the familiar settings till he reached his destination. The path Gale took to the homemade grave was starting to turn into an actual path, the grass almost always staying apart for the small walkway of sorts and the dirt starting to move to the sides, out of the way of the pair of feet walking along the route every morning. The path staying relatively straight till a few trees popped up and it weaved through them a little ways before stopping in a clearing of sorts. If you looked through the patch of trees, back down the path taken, Zeltiva could still be seen so it wasn't that long of a walk, but a walk at the least.

The artist sat down, sliding the backpack off his back and placing it next to him, leaning against a tree trunk and looked at the rock used as a gravestone and the mound of dirt. He placed the flute in his laps and looked at the mound for a few ticks with a blank face before sighing. "I suppose I'm back." He said simply, saying it softly so it was more to himself then anyone else, like it really was. "Can't remember how to hold this." He said with a single chuckle, placing his fingers awkwardly on the holes of the flute once again. "You'd probably be scolding me right now, huh? Never was able to figure it out. Hm." He looked at his hands holding the flute before setting it down in his lap once again. "But I'll try , I suppose. Have nothing better to do." His gaze starring at his lap for a few moments. He suddenly pulled the bag towards him again and pulled out the music book. "I guess this'll help somewhat." He flipped it open to the first page. He'd be terrible but he won't get any better if he doesn't try, right?

Ledger-1GM for lb of Chestnuts
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Nadea on September 22nd, 2012, 2:01 am

Her hands were dirty, torn and bleeding. Nadea sighed inspecting her fingernails and palms, she really needed to a get a trowel and knife of some sort. Digging up roots with your bare hands was really unpleasant. Turns out dirt isn't that soft, and roots are rather smooth and wriggly. Not easy to tear out with your bare hands.

However Nadea's tenacity had prevailed and she had pulled two rather pathetic roots from the ground.They were almost shriveled and practically ruined from Nadea's vice grip.Now being held in her cloak, the one borrowed from dear Ignotus Everto.Nadea laughed at the thought of him, and hoped to see him sooon. He owed her a dress after all.

It was early morning, the sun had yet to rise to its tallest position in the sky. Since Nadea was outside of Zeltiva hidden among the trees, it would be wise to make her way back soon, before some sort of animal could get at her.

Nadea was crouched at the foot of an Elder tree when she began to hear a very soft voice.Nadea thought she was the only one out here at this time of day. The voice sounded woeful and rather close by. Nadea was a curious person, and an eavesdropper so she followed it naturally.

The man wasn't too far away, his blonde hair shining in the soft morning light gave him away.Nadea couldn't see his face, just his unkempt hair and shoulder.She crouched down low behind a tree curious of such a messy specimen."...scolding me right now, huh? Never was able to figure it out. Hm." Who was this fool talking to? Perhaps he was crazy, that would be even more interesting.

"But I'll try , I suppose. Have nothing better to do." "I guess this'll help somewhat." . Boy this man sure liked to feel sorry for himself...Nadea sighed rather irritably. However she was quite curious who he was talking to, and what he was talking about.

As alway Nadea's head was filled with questions, and she wasn't one to sit and wait. So she approached the man rather slowly and rather making herself known she just began to speak. She clucked her tongue and shook her head. "My my my, aren't you a sight for sore eyes..." she said rather cryptically leaning against the same tree this man was.

"Whatchya got there blondie?" she asked rather drolly, blue eyes studying his profile. He looked liked he needed sleep or something.
Nadea
Player

Words: 17523
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2012, 3:26 am
Character sheet

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 22nd, 2012, 2:40 am

ImageImageImage

Fumbling with the wooden flute, Gale was completely oblivious to his stalker till she spoke,"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes..." Gale jumped a mile, actually fumbling with his flute a bit.

What was someone doing out here so early? Was he followed? She didn't know about David, did she? No, she couldn't have. The only one there was Ignotus. But what was she doing here? Millions of thoughts raced through his mind and all that came out for a moment or two was,"Um- uh- er-." He needed to relax. She was probably just collecting wood or some plant or something. Most likely nothing harmful or else she wouldn't have shown herself.

She questioned what he had and Gale turned to look at her. "A flute. Why?" He didn't have anything to hide, at least object wise, so telling her he had a flute and a music book wasn't an extremely big deal. "What are you doing here?" Gale questioned with a slightly confused face. She seemed rather young to be out here at this time wasn't she? Several years younger. At least five years younger. "A little young to be out here at such an hour, aren't you? What were you doing that couldn't wait till later, hm?"

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Nadea on September 22nd, 2012, 4:16 am

When he jumped Nadea laughed gently. It sounded foreign, unlike the young girl.She watched "Blondie" fumble around some more . His eyes wide as a deer. His mouth agape searching for a proper answer.
"Hello would suffice" she twittered eyes continuing to trace his features.Nadea found she liked flustering "Blondie" it was amusing.

What he had in his hands was a flute. Nadea pouted, she wasn't one for music so it held no interest for her.Then all of a sudden the tables had turned, "Blondie" looked at her as though she was an experiment. "What are you doing here?" "A little young to be out here at such an hour, aren't you? What were you doing that couldn't wait till later, hm?". Nadea perked her brow in reply huffing haughtily.

"Well I could say the same about you. . .Let's just say I was scavenging" she said curtly. She pulled one of her roots from her cloak and waved it simply. "I also like the early morning, theres less chance of running into idiots...Although apparently I miscalculated today.." Nadea trailed off before pushing off of the tree and walking out to face him.
Nadea
Player

Character sheet

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 22nd, 2012, 6:14 am

ImageImageImage

Rolling his blue eyes, Gale set down the flute in his lap again. It wasn't like she gave any more of a hello then he did. He looked at the fifteen year old with a half glare that was mixture with confusion. Confusion was never able to fully leave his face since David. She did have a point with that but he figured if she knew what he was doing it would be less suspicious then a young lass gathering some sort of plant early in the morning.

"I also like the early morning, there's less chance of running into idiots...Although apparently I miscalculated today.."

Gale rolled his eyes again, even though he couldn't really say she was wrong. But still, it would have been nice if he she showed a little manners, especially after scaring him half to death. "Well, for all I care, you can go die in a hole." Gale muttered to the sassy bitch. He wasn't in a very good mood.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Gale grabbed the back of her shirt and pulling her back. "Are you petching blind?" She was just about to step on it. You'd think someone would notice an unnatural mound of dirt with a rock, which had writing on it, laying above it. Was it that hard to see that it was a grave of some sort? Or is it the fact that she doesn't care at all? He didn't care if she didn't care. As long was he was here she wasn't just about to step on it.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Nadea on September 23rd, 2012, 9:28 pm

Nadea ignored his grumbling and rolled her own eyes, placing hands on her hips. “So what is a “Blondie” like you doing out here anyways huh?” Her eyes narrowed at him curiously. She wasn’t too sure what it was about this man, but he brought out something in her. She wasn’t sure what it was yet, however it was familiar.

However such thoughts were pushed aside when she was pulled back. Perhaps Nadea should look before leaped more often, she was just about to squash some grave. Which answered her question asked previously. Nadea said nothing on his remark of eye sight and sat down beside him. Even the factual and cold Nadea understood the importance of a grave.”I imagine she’s your wife. . .” she remarked. Men only looked this crestfallen when they lost the love of their life.Perhaps there was more to the man, than Nadea had assumed.

No wonder angst lined this man’s face .It was so pathetic and depressing. Nadea leaned forward inspecting his face closely before poking his brow.
“What’s with that face huh? And this posture ? Sit up straight! Hold your chin a little higher! Someone’ll take advantage of you if you go around like this!” Nadea was crossing boundaries often, her scolding for the better of the young man. She also imagined whomever this loved one was, would rather see him happy than upset. Even in he had to fake it till he made it.
Nadea
Player

Character sheet

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 23rd, 2012, 10:07 pm

ImageImageImage

It was only fair that the girl asked what he was doing here. Much like the greeting "hello", the other person would often mimic the first, resulting in her question as to why he was here. She sat down and assumed that the grave in front of them was his wife's. Indeed it was but Gale didn't respond, simply staying quiet. He looked at the grave for a few more moments before glancing at Nadea, just to see her leaning towards him. Naturally, Gale leaned away slightly, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, only to get them poked. Gale shook his head and pushed her hand away. The youngster then went on a short rant on improving his image so he didn't get used. Too late for that, Missy. He's wearing half of a dress as a shirt and he looks like he had never been told what sleep was.

Gale looked at her before lowering his shoulders so he slouched more, rolling his eyes, and then straightening out when leaning back against the tree. Who was she to be telling him what to do? It wasn't often someone, especially younger then himself, would scold him on posture.

"Easier said then done." Gale responded.

Not slouching wasn't what he was referring too. He was talking about the fact to look happier then you are. Losing someone you loved and then killing someone else's love didn't cooperate well with keeping a happy, upbeat look. Especially when you were one who hated to make people follow in your footsteps.

Besides, why would she care? They never met. They know nothing about the other yet she's trying to make him look more presentable so he didn't get used? "What is it to you? I'm sure you can care less about what happens to a stranger." He said rather harshly.Last time someone
cared about what happened to him he ended up murdering someone later. But he supposed she cared for the same reasons why he cared for David's girlfriend.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Nadea on September 26th, 2012, 5:50 am

Blondie struggled away from Nadea. He seemed rather irritated that she was giving him her honest opinion. Well it was for his own good, a pretty boy like that was only going to end up getting screwed over. Nadea huffed and threw her hands up.

“Jeez pretty boy you’re so hopeless” she grimaced shaking her head. Her strawberry blonde hair fell into her critical cerulean eyes. Easier said than done? Please didn’t this boy have any imagination? She sighed and frowned at him “Think of it as role, you’re acting…Its all a game of pretend” Nadea wiggled her fingers figuratively in the air, for dramatic effect.

What is it to you? I'm sure you can care less about what happens to a stranger."

“Oh Gods! You’re pathetic” she groaned “Stop feeling sorry for yourself Blondie…That will get you into even more trouble” she warned. Clucking her tongue in disapproval. Poor Gale, he would’ve been better off with a wild beast, rather than this little apothecarist.
Nadea
Player

Character sheet

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 26th, 2012, 1:30 pm

ImageImageImage
Pretty boy? Wow, that's a first. Maybe he should start counting how many nicknames he was give in one sitting. So far, it's two. Gale rolled his eyes at her comment. He basically was hopeless, that was kinda stating the obvious. Though, the whole acting wouldn't really work out either because he was never good at acting anyway.

“Oh Gods! You’re pathetic”

Gale looked at the girl, his brows furrowed. Was she doing this just for fun or was she purposely try to bug him? He wanted to just backhand the girl and walk away, not being in any mood to talk to a sassy brat. But he controlled himself. It's not like he didn't know any of this.

"What exactly is your reasoning for talking to me? If you're trying to help you aren't doing a very good job." Gale pushed himself to stand, brushing the dirt and gunk off his pants briefly. "I don't think you're in any position to be giving someone advice about the matter anyway." He stooped down to swipe up his pack and music book, swinging the backpack over his shoulder, his flute in the opposite hand as the book. "So unless you have urgent news of the city catching on fire, then I suggest we just go our separate ways."

It was clear that Gale didn't want to talk. He didn't want to be scolded for what he did, knowing what you did wrong was easy. But it's been a while since Gale felt like he actually did something right. He just wanted to be left alone and not be disciplined for at least a sun rise to sun down. Was that too much to ask? Apparently that's a lot to ask for.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Lil Sis [Nadea]

Postby Nadea on October 1st, 2012, 7:21 am

Nadea sighed very matter of factly and stoop up after him. Jeez talk about touchy...She then gave him a hard look, it wasn't a glare but it was as intimidating as one. Her eyes cold and calculating.

" I wouldn't say help, I would say friendly advice...Someone needs to tell you, before it's too late Twinkle Toes" She shrugged at him, it seemed like he was stating that she was too young to criticize him. Well to Nadea, age was just a number, his birth year meant nothing to her. She too however was curious as to why she was so interested in him. It made no sense to her at all.

Despite his desperation to leave, Nadea followed after him. What was it about the blonde that made him so fascinating? Then it all clicked to her...it was his humanity. Something that Nadea had long forgotten and ignored. It didn't help either that he sorta looked like him either. They were almost identical now that she studied him.

"Goodness you're more baffling than Ignotus..." she mumbled under her breath.
Nadea
Player

Character sheet

Next