Some Shyke About a Son(Gale)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ignotus Everto on December 18th, 2012, 5:56 am

Ignotus wrinkled his nose at Gale's little joke. While the statement about his sense of humor didn't ruffle him overmuch; he never saw anything wrong with making the wicked suffer, especially if it amused him. He was irritated that he was taking something that had such... Unpleasant... Consequences so lightly.

"Look, let's just look at the facts. My last... Encounter... With your mother was thirty two years ago. How old are you?" the Nuit inquired, quietly hoping that Gale was right and it was just a stupid coincidence. Sadly, when his age synced up perfectly with the last possible time he and Adwin could have conceived, that hope was dashed. "We had the same hair, and the same nose. I'll wager money we're both left-handed. It seems a bit much to be coincidence, no?"

Ignotus grimaced. Sometimes, logic was a cruel mistress. For instance, it dictated that he be the sire of an artsy fartsy oaf. This displeased him, but denial would not help him any.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 18th, 2013, 5:43 am

ImageImageImage

What was he wrinkling his nose at? Suddenly his sense of humor vanished? Guess being a comedian was off the list of future occupations, though Gale was never very funny even to himself. But this was…it just… It seemed like a joke. A prank to get him to laugh for once. Then when age was brought up, he mumbled under his breath,”32…”

This just became extremely puzzling. And awkward. It seemed ridiculous at first glance but when you added the facts together, it did make sense. But…wh-…Ignotus was his father…

“Okay, okay, so you are my father. Though, you searched around for me to tell me this, why?”

Gale had lived his whole life without knowing Ignotus was his father. A whole 32 years for that matter. The artist knew he could have gone the whole rest of his life without knowing too. Did Ignotus actually want to have a relationship with his son or did he just want the information of his chest? Whatever the reason was, this changed nothing in Gale’s eyes. There wasn’t a chance that he was going to start hugging him, or inviting him to his house, OR call him father. Even if he wanted him too, it was not happening. Nope.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 7th, 2013, 7:34 pm

"I didn't know until just now either. I had to be sure."
Like he was any happier. Gale was simple. Weak. Untalented. The boy had none of the qualities that made him- Ignotus!- great. His mother wasn't slow by any stretch of the word either. But this boy... Perhaps he was just dormant. But then... No. It was far too late for anything to surface. If nothing else, it helped reaffirm his decision to become a Nuit- clearly he couldn't trust his progeny to carry on his legacy. No, he had to do that alone.

The wizard averted his eyes from Gale before he spoke next. "So. The murder. I'll admit, that might have been a bit excessive." That was an apology, right? Of course it was. "If it makes you feel any better, the man was a terrible human being." That was what he was supposed to do, right? Console him?

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 10th, 2013, 7:15 am

Common Vani Nari
OOC*Screams* Rereading what I wrote for this thread is horrid! Burn it all! Burn it!

Hm.. Just now? That seemed a little desultory. What brought the subject up then? Gale glowered at the Nuit, presenting his obvious reproof with asperity. "A terrible man..." Gale repeated. "A terrible man? Is that all you can think of? How terrible he was?" He must have misplaced his sanity while conversing with Ignotus that night. Every since this colloquy started, nothing made sense. "What makes you think you have the right to say if he was a good man or not? Who are you to judge who is good or not?" Despite the blatantly stated censure, the blonde sighed and looked at the trash around them that Ignotus was suppose to being burning.

As much as the artist wished, as much as he craved for his remorse to leave him, he knew perfectly well that his penitential actions of counterfeit justice wouldn't take back was he done. Blood was already shed, and once a precious life was taken, there was no return. Once that path was taken there would be no turning back, as sorrowful or deleterious to the mind as it was.

As an abrupt change int he subject, the widower questioned," So, Ignotus." His green eyes returned to undead man,"What made you realize it? After all these years, you and I had no clue of whether each other still existed, yet you only now realize this fact? What exactly brought you to such a conclusion?" If one saw through the man's capricious tone, genuine curiosity would be discovered, though it was only one of the many elements that aroused the question.

It was one thing to to talk about a man one didn't even know. A man he had never met, or even seen. There wasn't much to talk about. But it was different when they spoke of himself and his very origins. One could deem the crudity in his tone as an over reactions, but it was clear that Gale's perspective one subjects were much different than another man's. Thus, it was perfectly reasonable for him.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Previous