OOC Info [Sea Of Grass OOC] Whispers In The Tall Grass

This is the Sea of Grass' OOC thread.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

[Sea Of Grass OOC] Whispers In The Tall Grass

Postby Gossamer on September 28th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Welcome to The Sea of Grass! Mizahar's vast inland ocean of tall grass is home to a vast amount of biodiversity crisscrossed with rivers and streams and populated by the fierce Drykas horseclans. Please feel free to introduce yourselves, announce open threads, ask questions or make requests in this thread. Cyphrus itself is undergoing a vast development project to flesh out the region and give some incredible locations a name and place. If you'd like to help feel free to contact Gossamer or inquire within this thread. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jackalope on October 3rd, 2012, 10:29 pm

I'm sure some of you have already viewed it, but now officially introducing The Serenity Tree! Many more locations to come, so keep your eyes open!

Enjoy!
Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Jackalope on October 10th, 2012, 1:58 am

And here we have it. Our own strange grove, the Wanah'ite!

Hope you enjoy it! :D
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Calavera on October 21st, 2012, 11:58 pm

Introducing the Sea of Grass's very own tar pits, the Pools of Vayt!

Hope everyone enjoys exploring this one. Don't mind the ghosts, they're probably harmless. ;)
Calavera
JS of Cyphrus

Words: 24607
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Postby Shadow Cast on October 27th, 2012, 2:53 am

I am happy to introduce a wonderful new location full of mysteries! Aquiras Tunnel is up and ready to become part of your thread!

Shadow Cast
JrSt of Cyphrus

Words: 17003
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 9:20 pm
Office

Postby Bloodfight on October 27th, 2012, 4:29 am

:) I love the Aquiras Tunnel, *wiggles eyebrows* I may have ideas for this~

:p Oh, by the way, I'm Bloodfight.
Bloodfight
I'm just an innocent half-zith...

Words: 65907
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 2:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Shadow Cast on October 28th, 2012, 5:30 pm

Some changes have been made to Aquiras Tunnel, nothing really big, besides a PC is no longer able to step into the vision. Other than that just minor clarifications and restrictions.

Happy Threading!

Shadow Cast
JrSt of Cyphrus

Words: 17003
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 9:20 pm
Office

Postby Jackalope on November 1st, 2012, 4:18 pm

Lake Serifal is up for your enjoyment!
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Jackalope on November 4th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Posting this in Endrykas and the Sea of Grass. Alright folks, just something I need to address because there has been a growing number of people taking on the vicious Glassbeak in circumstances which should really lead to death for all those involved. They are the apex hunters of the area. Alpha dog. Top Level. Numero uno in the Sea of Grass. They don't have any predators, and for good reason. They are to be feared, even by skilled individuals. So when 1-3 people with minimal skills take on multiple of them and survive, well, it's really not what should happen. Something that Goss said in chat really sums it up.

"The Drykas standard is see a Glassbeak, jump on a strider and run... and hope the strider can outrun them." and "Drykas and Striders are really the number one food of Glassbeaks around populated areas."

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm not upset at anyone for using them, it's just something that needs cleared up. I understand completely why people use them. It's really the easiest creature to find information about. That doesn't mean they aren't the most deadly creatures out there. I'll be bothering Goss about working on building some information to explain just how dangerous the various creatures are in Cyphrus. It'll not only give you guys more to pull from, but it will help everyone stay true to the intents of this wonderful game.

Let me direct you to the Cyphrus Wiki Entry for some help, and specifically the Riverfall Fauna. I know it says Riverfall, but a lot of those aren't unique to Riverfall alone.

Thanks everyone for your patience with this, please feel free to ask any questions, voice any concerns, or comment about anything. We're working to make this region better and better, and I can throw out a million things, but if you guys aren't interested in them, well, we're not really doing much for improving the experience for you. We're here for you guys! Again, thanks a ton!

Jack
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Vanator on November 14th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Hey grasslanders! Vanator needs to be absent from RiverFall around the 70th for a trip into the Sea of Grass, so I was looking for someone out there to do a thread with. He will only be a few days out from Riverfall, but if anyone is wandering around out there, or an ST wants to mess with him, let me know!

Also...nice to see all the new locations!!
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Next