A day in the jungle...Why me ?(nasrin)

Xi takes a stroll out into the jungle near the base camp and comes upon some company...which knocks him for six...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on October 11th, 2012, 6:25 am

She'd accepted him taken him as a student which was a bit more than he would have perhaps thought she would do. Especially after the incident that had just occurred. Still the added effect of hikm learning this might come in handy with his endeavours, after all he did have a few secrets that he didn't exactly want known perhaps this would be a good way to stave off liro for a while... and hejdi? What exactly did that mean, apart form possibly instructor or teacher. What exactly was his craft? He didn't really have one seeing as with all his strength he never really learned anything other than fighting.

"I don't really have a craft outside of fighting so i suppose that would make me a fighter huh. Also what is that language you speak ? i'sd like to learn it so i can speak with you easier." That and it might aid me at a later date should i find another user. Xi was rather confused and happy over what had happened today however he want too sure to be happy or insulted with erh last statements of he could use them for a bath...A lot. Sure he hand't had a bath in a while but then again he hadn't really needed one since being outside of sunberth seeing as he didnt produce any over powering or even faint body odour and the fact his work didnt leave him smelling like corpses and faeces. Still if that was what it would take to learn with her then he would abide by it. "i suppose we had better hurry those ribs aren't going to fix themselves." Lifting her back up and closeing the bag he now made a hurried effort to get her back if she spotted anything else en route then she only had to signall him to stop and he would else wise he would make haste.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nasrin on October 11th, 2012, 7:58 am

"Very well, Ximal the Fighter. I speak my native tongue, Arumenic. Much more fluid than this common speech. I teach you this, too. This word, hejdi, it means 'mistress' in my language. You call me this when I teach you. When not teaching, you call me Nisran. First thing you learn is proper greeting, no falling from tree. You say Awioth-eniya, may you be able to balance glory. It is unfortunate that you cannot make proper gestures with lower arms but I understand you are limited in this way."

Nasrin situated herself now across Ximal's back, using her top two arms to circle his neck for support and the lower two to point and gesture to and fro at the various plants and seeds that she used in her work. She mostly identified for Ximal the common herbs; lavender, mint, basil. These things she had plenty of already, and it would be good to let them flourish and grow. She would remember their locations for later harvests. She spoke until she could no longer bear the discomfort of taking such deep breaths and finally fell silent, simply directing Ximal to the Inn with tired flicks of her hands. She would have to try her best to stay awake until she could instruct either Ayana or Ximal on how to prepare a healing bath.
This is me speaking Arumenic.
This is me speaking Common.
This is me speaking Shiber
This is me using Hypnotism
Nasrin
Player

Words: 44382
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2012, 5:52 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ximal on October 11th, 2012, 8:13 am

Xi listened to her explanation of what she spoke and then remembered each thing carefully to make sure that the didn't screw it up later on. that and he wasn't too far off with the word hejdi...Still thought i made him think he was back under the slavery circle again with the word mistress...That grated on him but it couldnt be helped. Still as she old him the greeting he would be sure to remember that aswll learning anything he could would be use full later on. Interjecting at the end of when she spoke to show her some respect.

"If it's all the same to you just call me Xi, it's my preference and it doesn't make me sound like some sort of statue... That and if i cant make the gestures then i'll just have to do what we humans do and give a slight bow. And it's nic to know your name nasrin and i'm sorry about the way we met i'm just not world wise ...or wise at all so i tend to do things strangely...And the last time i dropped out of a tree i got slapped across the face so no more falling out of trees." Xi smiled lightly as he finished his sentence and then began taking note of her instructions picking up and looking at the herbs for future reference, basil, mint and lavender. oddly they all gave off theri very own smell very distinct from each other. After she hushed herself Xi then began to hurry more so. Locking his arms beneath her buttocks to secure her in place before starting to run but only so much as he didn't bounce her so to not aggravate her ribs. As they arrived at the in Xi opened the door with one arm before carrying her in and kicking the door closed with his foot.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nasrin on October 11th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Feeling a small amount of relief course through her that the inn seemed to be sparsely populated at the moment, Nasrin studiously ignored the curious looks she got from the few Jamoura hanging about the common area as Ximal carried her up to her room. It was a small, sparsely decorated space that Nasrin had had to put up with for some time now. It was nothing like the cool, open stone structure that she'd lived in at home, but she'd managed to put her own personal touches on it during the thirty or so days she'd occupied it. The heady scents of patchouli and burgamond made the air thick and fragrant, and clay bottles of all sizes lined every surface available. They were all labeled in the flowy script of Arumenic, which came out almost spidery in Nasrin's handwriting.

Ayana didn't seem to be present in the inn at all; she normally kept her door open if she was there. That meant Nasrin would have to instruct Ximal on the process of creating an aroma-therapeutic bath. No matter, as long aas he implicitly followed her directions there would be no problem.

"Set me on bed, Ximal. I tell you what must be done."
Nasrin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ximal on October 11th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Carrying her up the stares was an easy jbo however not falling on his ass from the strength fo the fragrance of her room was astonishing, the scent hit him like walking into a brick wall, Still walking in was the easy bit, dodgeing the jars cly pots massive over reaching clay pots the ambelics was the hard bit. Then she spoke telling him to set her on the bed, and then she would give him directions as to what needed to be done. Setting her down gently was easy being careful not to damage her ribs any furter he placed her don on the bed backside first and then would let her fall or lower herself at ehr own pace.

" Alright what do you need me to do ? " Xi awaited instructions from her, aftre all ther wasnt much more he could do , he coulldnt read the wrighting and he could just guess as that might do more harm that good

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nasrin on October 12th, 2012, 5:14 am

Nasrin was having something of a hard time concentrating; normally she was quite high strung and the soothing scent of her work brought her down to a tolerable level, but the heavy smell was clouding her mind more than she liked. She needed to get her instructions out quickly before she was no longer in her right mind. First, she pointed to a jug on her bedside stand.

"Pour a cup of milk. Oils will not dissolve in water, so we use milk instead."

Not waiting for Ximal to comply, she continued, pointing to three bottles in succession. Luckily for him they were all together in one row, as she kept her essential oils grouped mostly by function, and this particular cluster of them were all analgesic and anti-inflammatory. She spouted out their names in Arumenic first, then repeated herself in Common.

"First chamomile, we just pick this flower. Three drops into milk. Then lavender, three drops also. Helichrysum, only two drops. Very strong. All heal pain, heal bruises and swelling. Careful not to touch oils with skin until dissolved, very concentrated."

As she spoke, Nasrin slowly undid the ties to her clothing. Eypharians were not particularly ashamed of their physical forms unlike many other races and she felt no shame or worry. After all, she could not enter a bath dressed in her gauzy top and skirt; the ensemble bared most of her torso and legs anyways and he had likely seen much of her chest when she'd dipped low in their fight earlier. To save him some embarrassment she did leave her breastband and loincloth intact as she had been told that humans were sensitive about these things. Already her golden skin along her left side and hip was mottled with a deep purple, fading to ugly yellows and greens at the edges.
Nasrin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ximal on October 12th, 2012, 5:58 am

Xi did as he was bid but probably not as deftly or efficiently as she would have perhaps liked, before he did anything he loosened the link around his neck and let his cloak fall to the ground revealing his true stature, but only so that he could act without a heavy loose garment getting in his way. next he followed her instructions to the letter, pouring a cup of milk, to about three quarters full then flicking his eye's back over to her, he watched where she pointed her hands. Lifting each of the bottles up he glanced at the labells and tried to spell them out in his head and see if the sound matched the arumenic name she had said for each of them.

"Camomile, three drops." uncorking the bottle he poured three drops into the milk slowly and carefully so as not to slill any lest she get angry at him for this as well as everything else. then next he picked up the lavender. Pulling the cork out of the top almost blew his eyes out of there sockets from the strength of the aroma. coughing lightly he added three drops to the milk also. Watching the white canvas of the milk change and spin into the milk and dye it a strange lilac colour, then the Helichrysum the smell was so pungent he almost sneezed straight into the bottle. But he held it back before adding two drops to the milk, letting the vibrant red colour dye the milk a striking pink colour. vivid and bright, almost painful to look at . Placing the cup down on the top next to the bottles he spoke to her as he turned.

"Alright i've added the oild what are you goi-" he cut himself off there seeing her in just a breast band and loin cloth but it want her figure which made him pause as much as it would normally, at this moment the thing which was making him pause was seeing the amount of damage he'd done to her. Gritting his teeth he looked a ther and swallowed on nothing before speaking again."What are you going to do with the oils and the milk ? And why are you in just a band and a loin cloth, if your going to get undressed do it fully ... I may not be a doctor but i can damned well try and assess th damage against what i've endured myself." Walking back to her swiftly he glanced at the purple bruise on her hip and the yellow green and purple painting on he left side.

"This may hurt but bear with me please." He placed his hand on the afflicted area just to check if they were actually broken or just fractured as she said. To his relief they only felt fractured. His other hand went to her hip he pressed his hand VERY lightly to assess the severity of the pain, given any other setting with her in a less painful state this might be vaguely romantic but right now his mind was purely focused on trying to help. Standing back up he awaited further instructions before doing anything else.
Last edited by Ximal on October 13th, 2012, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nasrin on October 13th, 2012, 12:00 am

As difficult as it was to concentrate, Nasrin watched Ximal working closely, as any mistake could cause her more harm than good. She ascertained that he had measured the oils properly and instructed him to pour the cup of milk into the waiting bath. It had cost her a few extra coins but she had arranged for there to be one waiting for her upon her return from herb gathering.

"Mix milk well into bath. Breathe steam deeply; best way to enjoy effects of oils is through the breath."

Taking his advice and figuring that he had a more...Eypharian sense of appropriate attire, she slowly undid her breast binding, wincing and groaning at the deep soreness that was setting into her muscles. She would likely have to ask Ayana to assist her in dressing for the next few weeks, as she doubted she would be able to re-wind the breastband on her own. Slipping out of the loincloth was easier, as it tied at her hips and was simply undone. She hissed harshly as his hands pressed against her injured ribs, not enough to injure them further, but the effect was rather unpleasant. Lifting her arms she gave her next order, discomfort coloring her words.

"Aaish, hurry. Help me into water."
Nasrin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ximal on October 13th, 2012, 12:34 am

Xi wasn't exactly sure of what he was doing right now with a naked eypharian, milky-oils, a hot bath, and the term breathing in aroma's being thrown out... This was starting to sound like the beginning of a very bad joke. Shaking his head, he slipped his arm beneath her and around her back lifting her up resting her back against his shoulder, and placing his hand beneath her thighs, on his right hand side so as to help stop pressing on her ribs, and put minimal pressure on her bruised hip. He hauled her into the air being careful to avoid anything that might get him into even more trouble whilst at the same time following her orders efficiently. Twisting to the side he pulled her with him into the room with the bath. Carefully he poured the milk and oils into the bath, and began to stir it with the cup so that he wouldn't put his hand in there and potentially ruin it for her or get yelled at for doing so. Placing the cup down behind him he twisted his standing bringing her around infront of him and lowering her into the water slowly, backside first.

"Alright, once i've set you in the water would it be alright if i hung around outside, just to make sure that your alright ?" Maybe she wouldn't care if he was there or not after all he'd just seen her stark naked and she hadn't batted an eye lid. Though he was grateful that he'd mostly gotten over his issue with women. At least for the moment it seemed. Placing her gently into the water he made sure his hands didn't slip in and took a step back. and headed back into the other room filled with oils and herbs and the choking aromas. Gods above this room was suffocating him even though it smelt floral. "i'm just out side of you need me."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Reaper on October 19th, 2012, 4:30 am

The Fruits Of The Harvest

Ximal :
Skill XP Rewarded
Climbing 1
Meditation 1
Unarmed Combat 1
Observation 2
Flux 1
Philtering 1

Lores:
Combat: Unarmed Battle Stance
Ephyrians Are People Too
How to Properly Pick a Flower
Herb: Chamomile
Many Good Uses From Very Small Things
How to Greet an Ephyrian

Other:
None

Notes:
Good job Xi. Lucky no one saw that dagger hit the tree. You may have overplayed observing and deciphering Nasrin's movements a bit. Be a little more careful with that next time. :)

Nasrin :
Skill XP Rewarded
Hypnotism 1
Acrobatics 1
Herbalism 2
Teaching 2

Lores:
Combat: Dagger Battle Stance
Throwing a Dagger That Is Not Meant To Be Thrown: Unsuccessfully
Ximal’s Punches Hurt
How To Properly Pick a Flower
Herb: Chamomile

Other:
Nasrin now has one fractured rib and bruises on her hip. With proper care and herbal help, the bruises will be gone within 7 days and the rib will be fully healed by the 66th.

Notes:
A well played Ephyrian, and a mean one at that. Also, well done with symptoms of over giving. Many forget how little it can take to do that at such a low level.

Keep up the good work! Questions? Comments? Something important that I missed? Please feel free to PM me and we will discuss it. :)
Reaper
Fear Not

Words: 3929
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous