The Black and White (Rythern & Fade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Black and White [Rythern & Fade]

Postby Rythern on May 22nd, 2010, 3:40 pm

"Yes, I was with a circus but not by my choice," Fade said. "I was the owner's slave..."

Rythern said quietly, "I'm sorry. I know how it is."

His path had been very different from hers, but he knew how the circus changed things. He'd joined and left it by choice, and yet he recognized - even now as he traveled in solitude - that the bright lights and the dark grins of that forbidden world had marked permanently him as its own. The circus changed things.

It was the black and white. The right and wrong. Everything wild and unstable in between.

When Rythern had given Fade his reasoning for journeying alone, the conversation went on a lighter note. "You often offend people?" she said with a smile.

Rythern attempted a nonchalant shrug, though his eyes were too bright and gave away the mirth. "Why? Have I offended you yet?" An idea sparked in his thoughts and he sheathed the knives. "You know what, Fade. We ought to do a routine together. It'd be fun."

Memories of parallel yet opposite pasts wound connections between the two. The black and white. The in-between. Here, in a city brimming with crossing paths, that fine line was not the only line they tread. Rythern felt mildly unsettled as he looked at the girl in front of him - not in a bad way, just in a way that made him curious. Thoughtfully, the young Vantha ran a hand through messy dark hair as his eye color drifted to a deeper blue. Chance and circumstance were funny things.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Words: 35547
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Fade on May 23rd, 2010, 11:12 am

Fade thought for a bit and replied “It would be interesting and… “She paused and continued “fun." We would have to work together and I’m afraid you will offend me…” she chuckled “Seriously…why not? Were you planning of staying in Syliras or moving…don’t worry in any case you can choose the road!”
It would be good for her to be with someone, the weight of her loneliness lifted for some time.
As his eyes shifted to a clear blue she drew the dots together, of course he was a Vantha it explained a lot.
If they did something together she would have to tell him about her gift, she said “do I have to know something about you? You see if we have to be…business partners we should know of each others truths, or at least the ones that would affect our working together.” She thought about what she had said and continued “That came out a bit muddled but did you understand the concept?”
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on May 23rd, 2010, 1:41 pm

"I'm just arrived in Syliras about a week, actually, though I plan to stick around the city for a while. The idea at first was a few weeks, but now I don't know. Maybe even a season or two." Rythern shrugged. "However long it takes to earn some coin and hit the road again, I guess. And it's an interesting place to be, so why not?"

Speaking of 'why nots'.

The more the Vantha thought about it, the more intrigued he became about the idea of spending more time with Fade. Didn't matter if it was as dual performers here in the city, or as traveling companions on the far-stretching roads of Mizahar; the idea was very intriguing.

As a wanderer still new to the area, he didn't have many friends in the city as of yet, and she was... different. Interesting. Fade was like him, with her fluid nature and wanderer's heart, yet at the same time Fade couldn't have been any further from him.

At the girl's next question, Rythern gave her an open smile. "I don't keep many secrets," he said. "Actually, it's sort of my trade to tell them. Unless you want an abridged history of my life - which I'm pretty sure you don't, but hey, we have time - really, what you see is what you get." He spread his arms, before a grin flashed across his face and he leaned closer to her ear. "I do flirt a lot, though, so if that kind of thing makes you jealous, speak now." His voice was teasing.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on May 23rd, 2010, 2:00 pm

“Fine by me” She siad a grin spreading on her face. She liked his character, he was full of suprises.
About the secret bit…well. She chuckled shaking her head as he leant closer to her, of course she woudnt be jeolous, so she said simply “I’m very patient and calm and not given to bouts of jeolousy”
It was true Fade had a very controlled charater but when she lost it she could become…well…anything so she added “But I do have some mood jumps, but rarely”
She cocked her head drew a big breath, this was the turning point, she pulled down her neckline a bit baring her skin, and there above her breast was her mark.
She said slowly “And when I touch your bare skin I will know what you desire” She looked at her hands then at him “Would that be a problem?”
She hoped not, some peope were repelled by the idea she hoped he was one of the other kind.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on May 23rd, 2010, 2:12 pm

"Ah," said Rythern, in quiet understanding. "So you are Marked."

He found himself dragged back to earlier memories and to thoughts of his own goddess, the mighty Morwen, who reigned over the People of the Light. The Queen of his frozen homeland. Unexpectedly, he felt a pang. Fade's voice entered his brain and spun around in there a few times, echoing with purpose. "I will know what you desire."

Was that really what he desired? Home?

No, he thought. He knew what he desired. He wanted hearts and minds and smiles and open souls. He wanted to see new people. He wanted to share things. And he wanted to chase the horizon until it stopped looking so damned elusive.

He wanted a lot of things, Rythern realized.

But he moved his attention back to the conversation, and to Fade, he shook his head. "It doesn't bother me if you know," he said honestly. "I'd probably tell you anyway. Like I said, I don't keep many secrets."
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on May 25th, 2010, 1:09 pm

“Thanks” She said softly “Most people are repelled at the idea” What a lame thing to say: thanks. It almost made her burst out laughing for some reason that she couldn’t quite fathom.

She trailed off eyes distant then she said “So… what type of act were you thinking about?”
She hade some ideas but she wanted to hear his first just to understand how the act could be shaped.

Fades mind thought about what she had just said, I will know what you desire, it was unfair she reflected that she didn’t know what she wanted really. It was a paradox, she despised it.

She shivered as a chill went up her body, it was getting colder, she ran her hands up and down her arms and said “May I ask where are you lodging? We could split the price, I just moved out, it was getting to expensive…”
It sounded weird but it was true, Fade sighed slightly, closing her eyes for a second, then she glanced at the darkening sky…everything passes and fades.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on May 27th, 2010, 3:59 am

As far as 'housing' was concerned... Rythern laughed, one hand scratching the back of his neck. "Erm. I sleep in a tent. We're camped just outside the city." He shrugged, and by way of explanation he added, "It's just Aeyo and me and we're used to being on the road, so I mean, we'll take whatever. Still, I might actually end up staying in Syliras for a while, in which case more permanent lodgings would be nice."

Huh. Despite all his offhand talk of sticking around for an extended time, Rythern didn't realize how seriously he'd been seriously considering the idea until those words had left his mouth.

Well, it was an interesting train of thought at least, and certainly one that merited further perusal. Rythern realized (a rare realization, for him) that he needed to think about it and weigh his options, since deciding to stay would change some of the traveling performer's plans.

Plans. The voice in his head gave a snort. As if he really had any.

Rythern shooed the voice away and cleared his throat.

"I'll have to get back to you on that, though. Figure out what I want to do in Syliras first. Tell you what," he told Fade as an idea occurred to him suddenly. "In case you haven't had enough of my irresistible wit and charm, meet me this time two days from now, outside The Golden Dragon. Lunch is on me, and I'll have an answer then. What do you say?

"Besides," the Vantha added, referencing Fade's earlier query, "you'll want to know what idea I have in store for our act. It's a surprise." He winked; the gesture was cheeky and without pressure. Then, reflecting once more on his circus life, he twisted swiftly around Fade to retrieve the fallen knives from earlier practice. In a few seconds he was back on his feet in front of her. "It's a pretty cool idea too. I think you'd like it."

The brief display of acrobatics didn't tell much, but it was also an indication of trust. I am like you the way I said I was.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on May 27th, 2010, 1:46 pm

She smiled her trademark smile, quizzical but very seductive, her gift helping to magnify it.
“The Golden dragon, two days from now…sure. “ She replied amused by his words.
“In case you haven’t had enough of my irresistible smile and charm you better be there” She said using his own words on purpose.

She watched his brief acrobatic display with a raised eyebrow. My turn now, she thought, she placed her ball behind her, bent down backwards until her hands grasped the ball tossing it in the air then making it run around her body (she had put her bag down) caught it with her foot, threw it the air again quickly grabbed her bag, opened it. She chuckled as the ball fell straight into the bag. Show off she told her self. It was only years of training put to use she thought.

A big grin spread on her face “I’ll be waiting for a good surprise then”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on May 28th, 2010, 11:10 am

“Of course.” The Vantha smiled and gave a mock flourishing bow. “You shan’t be disappointed, lady Fade.”

He was still marveling inwardly at Fade's contortionist skills. Rythern had been something of an acrobat as a boy, but from a glance, he could see that Fade’s abilities exceeded his own. The girl was becoming more intriguing to him by the minute. He looked forward to meeting her again.

Speaking of that. Rythern was back to rubbing the back of his neck with a wry grin. In truth... the young storyteller, as of yet, had only vague ideas of what he wanted to do for their combination act.

Well. That didn’t concern him much.

However the final plan ended up going, Rythern was resolved to make it worthwhile, and that was all anyone cared about really. The nebulous fragments of thought in his head were enough to be somewhat promising, if still insubstantial.

And beyond that, too, he certainly had a bit to think about.

"Anyway," he said to her with another playful bow of his head, "it was a pleasure meeting you, Fade. Look for a light blue sash on the fourteenth of spring. Golden Dragon, just outside the building. Don't forget." Rythern winked again and — with only a brief pause, as the thought of Ranuri flashed through his mind — he extended a hand to her.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on May 28th, 2010, 2:18 pm

OOC :
ooc: sorry for the breif post I have a concert tomorrow

She eyed his outstretched hand.
Her gift was complicated she count just touch him and not only she would learn his desired but she would be compelled to satisfy them. These compulsions were difficult to stop.

She blushed a little while slipping on a glove and shook his waiting hand. She hoped he would understand she said "Its not that I don’t trust you, in truth I don’t trust myself. In time, when we know each other better…” She really hoped he wouldn’t get offended.

She trailed off and continued “It was a pleasure meeting you to. And don’t worry I seldom forget things.” She smiled a bit sad that they were parting.
If they were going to do an act together she saw much work coming up, and she had to work on her over splits and they hurt a lot.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext