Size Matters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on October 16th, 2012, 3:06 am

Easy.. too easy. Ash moved with speed surprising of one so large, his right foot hooking behind his opponents left, Ash's feet turned inwards towards each other, and suddenly.. he was gone.

In a flash Ash had pivoted with his left foot, circling around the others vulnerable side, to appear behind him. As he performed his next move he whispered into the other mans ear," The name is Kel'Ashun my friend. You may call me Ash." Next he slid his right leg before his enemies and smacked him good with a right forearm using the momentum to send him forward, while tripping him with his intertwining leg. If hed done it correctly the other would land on his face in an instant... Try that on for size!
That was dangerous Ash.. Though im surprised you remembered some of the practical training at least...
Last edited by Kel'Ashun on October 17th, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kel'Ashun
Player

Words: 29163
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 2:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Ximal on October 16th, 2012, 3:41 am

His punch drew closer and closer untill he found out the akalak had spun around to the left. So the akalak's had some skill outside of conventional weapons, sliding his leg back a half step as he was sometimes prone to do before a strong counter, not knowing was was coming from behind would have been an issue if not for liro.... Oh no my ass ain't helping you i want a deal. What do you want? Control full day not ONE arguement. No deal The good luck dodging that. Liro your a bastard. Xi didn't know what the hell was comeing at him but now he had to atleast do something. hunching down he pulled himself closer and tighet before takeing his right elbow and ramming it into the akalak's liver as fast as he could, there was no-way that this akalak would doge that blow without giving up on his technique. And now Xi was becoming annoyed with this akalak's dirty fighting so he thought he'd sink a little and tray out his accuracy. Running his left hand parallel beneath his right elbow and he would drive his left fist deep into the akalak's kidney, now this giant have to move or he was going to get some SERIOUS pain, that even someone like him would feel.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on October 20th, 2012, 4:10 pm

... Ash incoming.. Say what?.. oh JACKRI... Somehow the bastard had managed to duck the forearm, though thrown at unimaginably close range... Well petch. An elbow was flying towards his kidney, a fist for the liver. Both hits would be unimaginably painful, even to ones as sturdy as them... Ash smiled, the expression dark and hungry....

Damn you stop!
Kel had had enough, with a grunt of effort he regained control wrestling it from his less.. rational partner. Ash had been planning a wild, dangerous counter, Kel had, on the other hand, decided on something else. He dove down, abandoning his initial attack in favor of a hasty retreat, dropping back and down into an easy roll, sending him tumbling out of range of the large humans reach," ENOUGH!"

Crystalline silver flashed in his eyes as the word escaped his mouth, his face twisted in a grimace of annoyance... But it was my tuuurn! Shut up Ash. He was going to tear us apart. I could have taken him. The whining note in Ash's voice was easily discernible, Kel's generally calm facade broke with ease. SHUT UP ASH!

With a slight growl Kel dragged himself back under control staring down the man before him... until he gave a low bow at the waist, an apology upon his lips," Im sorry.. My soul called out for a good fight, It seems I found one to answer it."
Kel'Ashun
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Ximal on October 20th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Halting his fists, after having realized that the akalak had dropped down out of range. So the akalak could fight and he knew wen to dodge. Rising back up to his full height Xi tilted his neck to the side, as the clawing voice of liro slipped back into his head. Y'know i could get along with that akalak, after all i like it's...methodology and thoughts. Plus he fights dirty, my kind of man. Still it's...Interesting. Liro Petch off, your not helping the situation and any man like you i do NOT want to know. But as Xi said this to liro the whole demeanor of this akalak shifted, becoming more like...Xi. Something felt very off about this man. "Akalak you told me your name is ash, I've yet to introduce myself, i am Ximal...Xi for short. And you akalak, remind me of someone i know very well."

Xi tiltesd his head slightly as the akalak stood back up to his full extent and say that his soul yearned for a good fight...Odd he seemed honorable now, where as before he seemed to fight dirty and rather...distastefully which almost caused him some serious harm. "I'm sorry for that if it want for your durability i could have caused youn some serious harm. I ask for forgiveness about that. Now why did you choose me ti fight against ?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on October 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

Kel raised from his bow cautiously, somehow hed managed to diffuse the situation.. Good... NOT GOOD!! I Was Playing!! Shut up Ash. He could feel Ash, locked away in the back of his mind, angry and hurt... Please understand, Ash.. this guy is too strong. Hed tear us apart... Ill let you play a bit more later ok?.... Ok..

Ash was sullen... but hed get over it. Even Ash's wild fighting style couldnt really beat this guy, at least not without a lot of luck... And Kel wasnt even willing to try the man himself.. not now. Not yet. Kel was forced to wince as the human.. Ximal.. referred to him by his brothers name... Dammit.. I cant correct him.. Heh serves you right. He'll probably think your completely insane~ Oh shut it.

With a grunt of discomfort Kel began to take stock of his bruises and lumps, a keen eye on his erstwhile opponent the entire time," Its a pleasure to meet you." At the second part of the mans comment Kel could only smile... I doubt he knows ANYONE quite like us. I know! Were one of a kind. Oh get over yourself you nut.Hey im praising you too!! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Kel let a self deprecating grin slide across his otherwise cool and polite face.

The grin even widened slightly as Kel lifted his legs, giving them a brief shake, moving them every which way to feel the toll that hit had taken on his body... luckily as the man said, Kel was sturdy, not likely to be overly harmed by something such as that. He nodded his thanks to Xi making it obvious that there were no hard feelings.

It was his last question that threw Kel for a loop, somehow he would have to explain his reasoning without revealing too much... well he could do that. Lying was a skill hed slowly learned to develop on the roads of Mizahar. With a dark grin he nodded to the man," You seemed strong my friend.. I have just arrived in the spires, and, quite frankly, I was looking to blow off a lot of steam. A good spar can do wonders yeah?"
Kel'Ashun
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Ximal on October 21st, 2012, 7:25 am

Xi was now a little more curious about this akalak, he'd spent time around one on a mission but that one was...Strange, more vindictive than anything else, this one...Freely changing. Rolling his shoulder back in a large swing to make it look like he was stretching truly he was just feeling the bruise now begin to form from the akalak's boot. Well if nothing else this akalak was built sturdily. And now the pang of pain from his ribs began to show, not broken but there would be mark for some days to come. tilting his head to the side and snapping his neck now, easing the stress his body had accumulated he was now just making it look like he was stretching. Swinging his arms back and forth, stretching out his chest and lessening the time the bruise would be there. well isnt this funny, it seems there's...Two of him, or at lest two sides of him. Who else do we know like that?
Liro for once your right but still your driving me insane and right now i don't need to deal with you.

Blotting out liro from his mind for a few moments he managed to listen to the akalak give his reason for picking a fight with him. And now Xi would swing at him with a rather underhanded but easily brush able question.
"It's fine i'm sure your just as agitated as i was when i first arrived in the spires. Spent just shy of two weeks in the cages, the temporary spires prison. So care to tell me why your persona changed so much ? It's an easy thing to spot." Particularly when you live with it every single day... Oh yes, you complain bout me left right and center, however when it comes to things like this you can see it clear as crystal due to me. Daww im eeling the love aren't you? Want me to show him what you mean ? After al actions speak louder than words. And now Xi could feel the cloying first talons of liro clawing back into his head deeper and deeper. Ripping apart his standing piece by piece, right now it was taking everything he had just to hold back Liro.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Size Matters

Postby Sapphire on October 25th, 2012, 1:51 am

Xi! Sapphire had thought that she would never see him again after being split up from him upon arrival at the spires. She lurked back and forth out of sight watching the two move so gracefully as they fought. Ximal was locked in conflict against a large... red man? Well, this tiger had seen stranger, but Xi seemed to be a bit hurt. Perhaps even more than the red guy. If this guy had hurt Ximal, or Liro? Sapphire still was unsure about this, but if mister maroon had seriously hurt him in any way, he had better be ready to face 300 pounds of claws and fangs. The graceful tiger bolted forward to her master. Clearing the distance in a mere second, she came to a halt silently behind him upon realizing that the violence had subsided. At least the fighting has stopped. Still, this man was fighting Xi and that upset her. As a warning sign, Sapphire scrunched up her face to bear her teeth and show this man that she meant business. Of course, she probably appeared to be a wild tiger which might end poorly.
Image Always watching you.
Sapphire
Player

Words: 19732
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on October 25th, 2012, 5:50 am

Kel grinned slightly as the other man began to inspect his own injuries, much in the same way as Kel had a mere moment before. I got him good~ Ash's dark chuckle was slightly infectious and nearly forced Kel to laugh out loud... Which absolutely wouldnt do if he was going to make peace with Xi...Punching. Punching makes for good friends right? Kel gave an exasperated sigh. Ash please.

Though from some of the expressions that had crossed the other mans face as they fought, Kel couldnt be certain that he didnt think in the same terms as Ash.. though he usually seemed rather calm, something would occasionally slip out.... Kel took a moment as the other talked to retrieve his cloak, his lakan never having left its sheath. He felt nearly normal again, Ash's bloodlust seemingly subsided. I need meat. Preferably the red kind. Maybe still braying if possible... Oh shut up Ash. Your not making a point to anyone. But still there was something that had both Kel and Ash's hackles raised... and it wasnt just the humans question. Something out there did not mean them well....

Kel shook the sense of foreboding away with some apprehension, his mind racing to find a believable answer for Xi... Oh just tell him. Its not like its a big secret. Do you really think I want to be known to consort with your ilk? Not exactly your choice now is it brother~ Kel muttered a few choice curses under his breath before returning to his former opponent a sad sigh escaping as well. Yeah your right... for once.... Oh yeah~ Victory dance. Dont you dare. Kel opened his mouth to begin his explanation of the Akalak and dual personalities...

And was interrupted by an earsplitting roar, a flash of gold and black... Oh gods! Is that a tiger?!.... Can I eat it? No you cannot eat the big fuzzy predator with paws the size of an infant! You never let me have any fun... Kel gritted his teeth, glaring into the things frighteningly intelligent eyes, his hands slowly sliding his lakan from its well worn sheath at his belt... only then did he realize the creatures position directly behind the other mane, its fangs bared and ready to leap. If it came at him he would dodge it to the best of his ability and rake his spiked guard across its belly, if at the other he would do his best to lunge after it... though he doubted his chances....
Kel'Ashun
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Ximal on October 25th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Holding back the beast known as liro was dragging out his patience, even as he fought on with Liro, he could feel something ...Familiar. A stalking a slow circling around him. In-fact the most dangerous thing there was probably Xi himself...With liro at the wheel. Still Xi listened to the akalak take a large sigh before heaving out a breath. Was he going to answer ? The the akalak recoiled in fear, something had just frightened him heavily. Then the roar hit his ears. Just...Great. Errm Xi theres a tiger behind you? I gathered that captain obvious...Care to lend a little advice? Run for your life screaming like a little girl? You really are NO use at all. Xi turned on his axis of gravity slowly to get a better view of the tiger. jusrt shifting his head over his shoulder...There was something vaguely familiar about that tiger...Sapphire! Xi turned his gaze away from the tiger and back to the akalak. Knife drawn and ready to lunge for the tiger should it lunge for him. Xi hardened his tone and raised his voice a little, enough to sound commanding without being brutish. "Sapphire. Stay."

Xi brought his arm up to the back of his neck easing the stress out of it...He was only twenty three but he could already feel the effects of old age creeping in. Stress was a marvellous catalyst for ageing. Taking a step forwards and looping his cloak around his shoulders he spoke to the akalak again. " Ash you were about to explain why your personality changes so heavily. And put the dagger away, violent intent breeds violent intent. You don't show a want of harm ans she wont. Now, saph teeth away and you mr. Ash knife away. No arguments." When did you suddenly grow a pair ? Liro now is not the time, if i didn't do something then they'd end up killing each other. Let them ? Fun sporting...I miss the blood pits...Can we go back at some point and test our skill ? You mean MY skill Now your splitting hairs. Xi curled his hand into a fist and stoosd between the two of them, he would not allow this to end badly.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Size Matters

Postby Sapphire on October 26th, 2012, 3:30 am

Ready to pounce at any moment, the man drew his blade to fight Sapphire and upon her roar Xi flipped around to face her. He hadn't realized the tiger was his tiger. His Sapphire. His kelvic. His loyal companion. She felt a little hurt, but soon recognition took the place of the worry in his eyes. It seemed that just as fast as they were seperated, the memories came flooding back. Suprisingly the kelvic's master had ordered her to stand down. With a confused look, Sapphire's face shifted back to normal and she slowly lay down curled around Ximal's legs. It felt good to be back with her bulkey friend. Finally someone that she knew and understood, someone she felt comfortable being around. Those muscley legs she had wrapped herself around felt so much like home. Letting her tail coil around his calf, the graceful beast gave one last simple look at this strange red man. It was almost like someone had painted Xi red, but looks didn't interest her much. For all she cared this "Ash" could have been the color of a rainbow. Intelligent cool blue eyes stared in to his, then the great beast lay her head down, and let her eyelids close.
Image Always watching you.
Sapphire
Player

Words: 19732
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

PreviousNext