Size Matters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on October 27th, 2012, 4:54 am

Kel coughed, his surprise written plainly across his face.. I want one! We are not getting a pet tiger. Though, Ash's intrusion did manage to bring Kel back to his senses and he gave the tiger a quick once over.... those eyes. Too intelligent for any mere animal. A kelvic.

The creatures blatant deference to the big man was an obvious indicator. Bonded. Yep, Kel shook his head at the tigers affectionate display, his eyes still locked with its own for a moment, right up until she laid down and closed them, probably for a little nap. You sure I'm not allowed to turn it into a rug? Yes, I'm sure. Ash grumbled but quickly subsided as Kel send a mental push.

Knife away? Hah! Like hell. Ash please. Hes right, she wont jump us right now. Even over Ash's spewing curses Kel returned his Lakan to its sheath." You wish to know about the sudden changes eh? I guess I'll tell you... The Akalak are a special race, with a bit of a... quirky personality trait... in that we have two." Kel winced at the horrible explanation but barreled on," We have two souls housed in a single body, completely seperate people yet stuck in a single shell. If that makes sense." He grimaced and waved away the rest of his explanation, that was the only really important bit he needed to know anyways. Kinda crummy for something you rehearsed on me a dozen times. Shut up Ash.
Kel'Ashun
Player

Words: 29163
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 2:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Ximal on October 27th, 2012, 3:01 pm

As sapphire curled around his legs Xi continued to look at the akalak before him attempting to listn to what he was saying. He had two personalities? All akalak did ? Did that mean that he was one just with pale human coloured skin ? Fat chance, you ain't no akalak, your a puny human. After all your body is no-where near as durable as his. He took an attack that would have broken both a human's lags without blinking. So tell me, how exacctly does that make you like him ? For once liro hadn a point, he couldn't be like the kalak but he still had a similar trait. Watching ash slide his knife away a thought occurred to Xi.

"If tyou've two personalities then surely you've two names? So i take it 'Ash' is the darker side ? As you don't seem anywhere near as off your rocker. So tell me what name do you go by?" XI reached down lightly and scratched sapphire gently behind her had at the base of her neck. Just gently to let her know it was good to have her back. Taking a deep breath Xi rose back up again. Folding his arms and taking a deep cleansing breath he stared at the akalak straight in the eyes. Xi didn't demand respect now days...He commanded it. Staring the akalak in teh eyes Xi's dark blue pools of fire now pierced deep into the akalak. trying to sift out any intentions and dig intimidation deep into him. Xi may have been shorter but even with the akalak fighting dirty Xi had still kept control of the fight.

"Akalak, this "ash" side of you is a competent fighter even if he fights dirty. He has some skill. But what about you? Are you someone who thinks or are you like 'Ash' who fights on instinct ? Xi's demeanour now shifted, from the humble practitioner to the strict teacher. He may have been almost a foot shorter but he was the one who had more skill. Xi want being over confidant he was just watching the akalak before him carefully, something about him didn't say he was a master at his style but it said he was good. Xi shifted his arms within the cloak and now wished he had some sleeves.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Size Matters

Postby Kel'Ashun on November 7th, 2012, 1:36 am

Kel grinned, just a bit sheepishly, he hadn't exactly expected the man to understand what he was trying to convey, especially not so well as to guess the dark and light aspects of his race... Or Ash's slight instability. Oi I am not that bad! Yes Ash, your worse... Heh. Maybe your right there. Kel's grin grew slightly becoming an outright smile, flashing his surprisingly white teeth at the man in a conspiratorial grin.

"Well my good man. My name is Kel. Kel'Ashun If your being technical." He bowed his head respectfully, his eyes covertly watching the man through the fall of his hair. Easily seeing the slight affection the man had for the tiger in return. Interesting. Don't try anything Ash. All in all Kel's impression of the man wasn't half bad...

At least until he straightened back up and took in the mans stern look, his tone commanding, a little too haughty... Both for Kel and Ash. They both were taken aback at the mans sudden change in mood, from respectfully polite, to overbearing and a bit rude. Let me out. I want to punch him. No. Just one more time. The jackass deserves it. Do you want to contend with him, and his tiger? There was a long silence as Kel awaited an answer... I thought so. Now shut up.

But still Kel continued to listen, his smile slowly fading to a cold stare, nothing showing whatsoever, nothing save the slight flash of Ash's own anger inside Kel's icy stare. He would not be intimidated, no matter the mans skill. He had not earned respect as of yet, and, quite frankly, he might have lost even Kel's relatively positive attention. But he did nothing more than answer the mans question, truthfully and tactfully," I am the other side of the fighting style. Where Ash is wildness and attack, I am cunning and defense. It is the way of such things..." He looked down his nose at the other man warily, gauging his movements for any further sign of hostility, an eye always trained on the tiger as well...
Kel'Ashun
Player

Words: 29163
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 2:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Size Matters

Postby Capricious on January 18th, 2013, 12:33 am

Kel'Ashun

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Intimidation 1 • Ash is Going to Get us Both Kicked Out!
Unarmed Combat 3 • I Don't Want a Spar, I Want a Fight!
• Technique: Fist to the Face, Trip
• Opponent: Ximal

Deduct 5 sm from your ledger for a common room at Grath's Rest.

Ximal

Award
Flux • Wants and Needs of Liro
Intimidation 2 • How to Grab a Spinning Kick
Unarmed Combat 2 • Opponent: Kel'Ashun
Observation 1 • Lore

Sapphire

Award
Intimidation 1 • Lunging Forward to Help

Kel, you need to be careful of playing outside of your skill range. For example, you managed to do a spinning kick at Ximal. Unfortunately, with only novice in both acrobatics and unarmed, this would not be possible without falling or stumbling, etc. Keep this in mind, as storytellers will dock you points for such a thing.

Kel, you walked away from the fight sporting a twisted ankle, a bloody nose, and bruises that will take at least a week to heal with the help of a healer; if a healer is not sought, the bruises will last for fifteen days.

Ximal, you walked away from the fight with a dislocated shoulder, a myriad of bruises that will heal in seven to ten days without the help of a healer, and mass confusion over the Akalak's personality. I also docked you one point as I felt your level of unarmed combat was higher than this fight. I did not award you any points in flux, even though you did use it in the beginning, because the maneuver was simple and ou

Sapphire, in the future, please post a note in your post if you were invited to a closed thread at a later date.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous