Ana Sol Starris' Snail Mail

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Ana Sol Starris on October 14th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Put any correspondence letters to Ana, here.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on October 28th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Fall, 512 AV, 15th day

Dear Ana,

I hope this letter finds you well. I do not quite know when this letter shall arrive but I hope it comes on time....and that no one other than yourself reads because that would be just rude.

I have not heard word from you or anybody else from our fair band of 'misfits'. I simply hope things are going well. I also hope that you pay me back for all those meals I bought but then again that can wait in person.

Sunberth, if you are wondering, is still the same as it always been. A string of murders has been taking place though, whoever has done them had been called by the name of Smiling Jack. Otherwise it has been the same.

Myself, well, can't say I'm alright...that would be lying, it has been tiring for me these past days. Still get into fights and still get myself hurt because of them.... simply within my nature. But those are not the reason why I feel tired.

But I wonder how you are... we never really said anything before you left to the spires. I never did apologies to for that day with Wren, I simply did what I thought was right.

I do hope this letter reaches you,

Best Regards, Kreig.
Last edited by Kreig Messer on November 12th, 2012, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 2nd, 2012, 3:40 am

((Sent before Wren left Sunberth, but after Ana and the gang to the spires left))

Ana,

I am writing to warn you that there is a chance a mutual annoyance of ours has followed the Crimson Edge to the trees of the Jamoura. Keep a wary eye for the pest, Ximal. If I may be frank, I laid a curse upon him. Speak his name as slave, and he will do your bidding...unless he actually accepts slavery from another person, but I somehow doubt his pride will have let him sink that far yet.

I hope all is well and that Cade is leading the crusade bloody. Back here we face daily attacks from those who recognize most of our members are fled. I was left in control of the Edge, and Eryss was left in control of our resources. The enigmatic ghoul has been nowhere of late and so I control the vast majority of unpaid, shivering, children.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Mok has gone missing.

I am writing to tell you that I will be traveling to Zeltiva on business and do not know when I'll return. I wish you well in the Spires and expect word when I return that the Crimson Edge has finally begun expansion, a project our 'fearless' leader has all but opposed for months.

Travel well, and keep your blade well sharpened,

Shroud.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 30th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Sent on the 35th of Fall, 512 AV. Enclosed is a snake fang, much longer than from any snake Ana is familiar with

Ana,

It has been some time since I’ve written you. My hope is that this letter finds you well in the Spires, that the chaos has died down and you’ve found a place to build your life. Arriving in Sunberth, I find that no member of the Crimson Edge ever returned to Sunberth. Perhaps you have all perished, perhaps you have found a better life beneath the trees. In any case, there is no home here to return to. Mok is dead, I watched him die. Robern and the Daggerhands seek Cade’s head. Without it to bandage their reputation, they’ve targeted the remaining Edge members who have remained in Sunberth. Roka, Musca, Daniel, Eryss…all have gone from here now and there are scattered rumors most have found a new home in Dira’s embrace. I met Xavior in town, but I advised he remove himself from the city. If there is sense in him, he has. Our Symenstra assassins were both slaughtered by Daggerhands and left as an example. Lusa was captured and sold, along with a few other kelvics. Kreig has survived by casting aside all association with us. Perhaps he is smart to do so. The Crimson Edge is dead, Ana. Tell Cade that. Be free of Sunberth and its mercenaries because as far as this place is concerned, you no longer exist. Perhaps that is the best, for all of us.

I go now to the isle of Sahova on a journey with Professor Rayage of the Zeltivan University. My time there has opened my eyes and changed who I once was. Shroud…Weaver…the rest, they are no more. I am only myself now. I may only go to die across the sea where the dead walk, but I do so with every intention of exceeding my means, being greater than I ever was before. Enclosed you will find a fang. If Kalila still lives, return it to her with my apologies. It was not mine to take. Tell Zandelia to relax, stop looking for enemies behind every shadow. Tell the Zith, Robert, that his kind are still reviled and he should strongly consider the art of morphing if he wants to be truly accepted in a human city. If Ximal lives, express my apologies. I believe the man is an oaf, but one with a good heart…albeit weak to his inner demons. If he doesn’t live, however, spit on his grave for me. That man was more trouble than he was ever worth.

I urge you to be careful when practicing the magic I taught you. I never taught you this lesson, but there is a risk you will lose everything you are in this kind of art.

I apologize, most of all, to you. I was not in full control of my mind when I was with you and I am sure that left you no small cache of scars. Rest assured they…are no more. I am only myself. Stay well and be safe if this letter finds you both. I know not where I will go after Sahova, but if I live, I will extend another letter the next I am afforded a convenient postal service.

My best

Egyptus Murdock

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on December 10th, 2012, 3:31 am

Sent from Wrenmae Sek, Due to arrive 20th of Winter, 512 AV

Ana,

First snow has fallen. As I write this letter, it drifts onto Sunberthian roofs without a sound, without complaint. In the morning, this white purity will be expelled with blood, drying and freezing, left in alleyways. How many beggers do you believe will perish this evening, frozen in the cold?

It is a life I do not relish a return to, nor one I find myself tied to any longer. I am leaving Sunberth for perhaps the last time, making my way through the Wildlands South to Zeltiva. There I am a respected and honored member of the aristocracy, a Waveguard, a student. I have far more than I ever had in Sunberth and, for these reasons, I find myself in need of exactly what I'm leaving behind in Sunberth.

The Edge.

I do not mean, of course, that I require Cade's failed ambition...a motley crew of little self worth and greater inner strife. Mizahar is a land struggling with identity. Divided into countless city-states, the empires once thriving before the Valterrian are phantoms...mere memories.

I hear word Mok's killers lost their lives as well. Grim justice finds those who seek to capitalize on debts unowed. Sunberth has recieved its punishment for how we were treated, but I have chosen not to continue their despair.

Instead I return to Zeltiva, to place into effect changes that should strengthen the people for times to come. I invite you and any remnants of the Edge who seek purpose to join me in the city. You will receive more instructions on your arrival.

If you choose not to follow my will, my leadership, then I ask you to burn this letter and never think of me again.

Mizahar does not wait for the faint of heart, nor rewards the unambitious. Take up your will and come to the city by the coast.

I will be waiting.

-Wrenmae

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on January 22nd, 2013, 4:40 am

Ana,

I am elated to hear that of the dredge we once served with, you managed to push Zandelia into following your cause. Her attention to detail, drive, and intellect will be more than a credit to any fellowship we maintain. Ximal, as you know, is an oaf. My opinion of him has changed little since I left him in a burning warehouse to die. He certainly deserves a congratulations for surviving, but little else. I will be the judge of his readieness to participate in any sort of real assignment when we meet.

And it will be on my terms.

Zeltiva is ravaged by sickness...hundreds die to be burned in the corpsefires rather than buried beneath frozen earth. I leave at the end of the season, but my path has yet to be chosen. I will send word where I require you to meet. Bring only those interested in something greater than themselves.

I wish you well on this venture back to civilization,

-Wrenmae

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook