[Silver Sliver Tavern] Clashing of Minds (Clyde Sullins)

Two mages, one a paranoid and suspicious man, the other an annoyed and overly confident woman. What could go wrong?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 16th, 2012, 3:24 am

Fall 4th, 512AV; Afternoon
The Silver Sliver Tavern

Lizzy was on her way to the Silver Sliver Tavern by the Ravosala, a rather popular establishment that dealt with many of the travellers as well as tourists and common residents looking for a drink or meal. Sitting on the glider, feeling the air brush past her cheeks, it had been a day to put her curly mess of hair up into a pony tie while her spectacles sat curtly on her chest waiting to be slid on her face- held together by string on each end. It wasn't often a resident went around with glasses out, but nor did one seem to with a little black journal held together by some dyed red leather straps; not to mention the quill and ink-well held in her other hand. The day was nice, as all days were nice, but the small woman didn't feel like being a hermit today even with the slight cost of the probable invasion of her diary.

Who was to say it was a diary? It could have been a simple journal of notes, and Lizzy enjoyed taking notes- randomly, and mostly what had made an impression on her. Chaotic, much like her hair, the scribbles sprawled inside those pages of complaints and wishes.

Watching as the Tavern came into veiw and she soon was stepping off at the dock to the establishment, watching carefully the many people around her that were conversing, at the same time trying to catch an open seat away from the humdrum of the crowds. Amazing how these people can speak so freely... Lizzy thought to herself, feeling slightly annoyed at how they congregated together. Passive annoyance soon adored her freckle dotted face, the brow lowering and her lips becoming tight, it was far too late to go back and be a hermit in her apartment now. Sighing, Lizzy managed to catch an area that at least looked a little secluded, as well as away from prying eyes trying to catch a peek inside her journal if they wished to.

Making her way over and past people with a confident stride, she never once glanced at anyone, her direction set on that one spot of seemingly private, yet public respite. She wanted it to be so she could watch the people talk, go by, all the while her diary away from the immediate and prying eyes, her back would not be to them when she sat down at the table instead she would be facing them. Laying the journal down on the table, her hand ontop of the quill to keep it from fluttering about if there deemed to be any breeze, as well as setting the inkwell on top of the table. There she would wait for a waitress, or until she was able to wave one over. Lifting the spectacles and sliding them on her face, she must have looked like a librarian.

As soon as one of the waitresses did come over, Lizzy made her order for a common meal, as well as a pitcher of common wine, then waved the woman away with a stern expression. Cracking open the book, dipping the quill in the ink-well and began to scritch scratch away in the black diary- waiting for her orders to arrive.

Expences :
Not sure if the Ravosala costed anything but putting that in here just in case. :3

-Wine, Common (pitcher) 2 sm
-Meal, Common 5 sm
-Ravosala Ride to the Silver Sliver Tavern
Last edited by Lizzy MacBeth on October 18th, 2012, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Words: 27215
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2012, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 17th, 2012, 2:51 am

It was not to often Clyde went out for a drink. For obvious safety reasons, it was not a good idea for him to get drunk. The last thing he needed was someone setting him off, and his already loose anger flashing out, and him burning the entire bar down. No, better to keep his wits about him. Which really in Ravok, was more of a general good rule for survival and safety.

He looked about as he entered, it was not to horribly busy at this time of day, nor was it certainly dead. It had a decent hum of people and activity. He looked around for a empty table, and saw one near a small girl with frizzy orange hair.

She was scratching away with quill on paper, as Clyde took a seat facing her, his back to the crowd. He wondered for a moment what she was writing, only for her hair to remind him of flame... The thought of flickering fire echoed in his head, he could almost feel the heat of it licking at his face...

Letting out a breath, he could tell it was going to be one of those days... Not the worst he had had, but bad enough, as his reimancy called to him. Things that would be innocent details to others, became blatant reminders of flame and magic... He took in another slow breath, fighting the urge to cast a spell, and waved down the barmaid, ordering a simple mug of ale as she passed...

While he waited, his magic continued to call to him... He smiled, noticing the candle on the table... Looking once over his shoulder, he could see his body was blocking the candle from the general bar behind him... And the girl seemed preoccupied with her writing... He brought up his outstretched index finger to the wick of the candle, exuding a single drop of res onto it, and letting it rub off onto the wick, making it stand there on the top by force of will.

Then bringing his hand back down to sit before him, he purposely looked away, as he brought out the tiniest whim of his mind over the small bit of himself that was the drop of exuded res... And transmuted it to flame. Without any discernible source, the candle was suddenly aflame as if it had been burning for bells, lit, as Clyde fought a grin of satisfaction.

He looked around for a moment, almost challenging someone to have noticed, to give him an excuse to defend himself and blast them to cinders, until the barmaid came by and dropped of his mug of ale... He slowly took a sip, letting the mug hide his face, and his slight smile.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 17th, 2012, 4:11 am

Fall 4th, 512 AV

This morning I wondered why there were few books seen around the city, or at least any of them around, I wanted to see what would happen if I brought my diary out for a bit.

Though I hate being around too many people, especially when in extremely crowded areas- I've chosen the Tavern where it at least seems relaxing, even with the popularity that comes along side it.

Rhysol forbid I..

Lizzy had been in such deep thoughts, she had barely registered the man sitting down in front of her now; nothing had alerted her, she was far too distracted by her own thoughts to have noticed. The words for ale went through her ears, Lizzy heard the voice, but she had not registered the words to be directly, or rather very near her- there were many people talking so she simply assumed it was only someone nearby that had arrived after she had begun writing. Though to make sure that she wasn't being watched writing personal thoughts, she glanced up and looked from her spectacles at the edges to see farther away, without moving her head.

Straightening, her quill stopped as she looked at him, drinking his ale while she looked around herself unsure of what exactly to do. Well, he looks very strange.. Lizzy concluded lightly.

There seems to be someone sitting near me as I write, didn't hear him, see him, and he looks like hes about to burst out laughing... Oh no, maybe he saw me writing and chose a seat farther away to make fun of me?!

Lizzy scratched furiously now, paranoid, her eyes glancing between the pages, back to him, to the pages, back to him until finally she noticed the candle- lit, with the wax beading, dripping over the side. The small womans body tensed, watching the flame, was it aflame when she had gotten there? No time to ponder, the waitress with the quick meal had come back, Lizzy scribbled the end of the entry and blew lightly over the wet words still, attempting to dry them a bit quicker because of the ink, jerking at the waitresses words and essentially smearing half the page she had written on.

"Here is your meal, m'am."

Petching waitress... Lizzy thought, eyes narrowing at her "thankyou" she waved the woman away, annoyed.

Drying the quill at the ring of the ink vial, laying it inside the page- feather first and then shutting the journal with as much restraint as she could muster in fear of making a loud 'crack' of a sound just by snapping it shut.

The smaller woman looked directly at the man near her now, her posture was straight, there was no evident slouch and she sat properly with both feet on the ground while both hands remained in her lap, along with the journal in her lap as well. I don't believe that candle was lit when I had sat down, and it doesn't look like he had any.. candle lighting sources on him.. so why is it that now all of a sudden- just because I was not paying full attention, a man now sits near me, as well as there being a candle lit.. She reasoned lightly in her head, face remaining passively annoyed at him, lips tight as she took her spectacles off.

Lizzy would watch the flame for a moment, attempting to connect dots, before turning her gaze back to him "did you..?" Her voice trailed off. It was half a truely curious and inquisitive question, half an angry as well as frustrated accusation, though it could be interperetted either which way and much more.

Edit :
Had to edit parts, or remove some completely, didn't make sense. Bad reading on my part. >_<;;
Last edited by Lizzy MacBeth on October 18th, 2012, 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 18th, 2012, 2:21 am

Clyde took another sip of his ale, letting out a bit of tension he had not even realized he had been holding, as he drank and had so recently done magic... Perhaps he should get drunk, after all, it would not hurt if he got a bit loose with the flames and djed... But NO! he shook away that thought, reminding himself he had just done some magic, and did not need to do another showy representation, or to lose his self control.

Willing the part of himself wanting to do magic to be pushed down, he took another sip, trying to distract himself from the frothing djed inside himself, the billowing res churning away waiting to come to life and fill Clyde with a wondrous power few humans could boast...

As he looked across at the girl sitting there writing, he noticed that she was no longer writing, but looking at him. He absentmindedly looked away, not meeting her eyes, self-conscious of the burn scars on his face.

Clyde's mind wandered for a bit, getting lost in the whirl of sound, trying to keep himself from thinking of magic, that wondrous thing which... And there he went off on a tangent again, distracted...

He nudged his staff with his foot, as he had laid it on the floor in front of him, almost picking it up to feel the soothing wooden texture he was so used to.

Noticing that he was being spoken to, 'did you?', he looked over at the girl.

"Did I what?" He asked, a bit confused as to what she meant, or was referring to.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 18th, 2012, 2:46 am

"Wonderful, simply fantastic" Lizzy said irritably, sarcasm layed thick in her voice, giving him a dirty look "nothing besides a mysteriously lit candle, I must be just losing my mind then!"

"Or you're stupid enough to waste a perfectly good candle while the weather is nice out, and it is not even dark" Lizzy continued on, on the edge of being polite, borderline annoyed, and a smidge angry over such a waste of the establishments resources.

Keeping her journal in her lap and setting her meal up, she poured herself a glass of the common wine from the pitcher. Glancing at her own unlit candle, and then at the other tables unlit candles, his was the only one to be aflame but it also seemed like she had been the only one to notice or take offence over such a small thing.

Edit :
>_< Had to change the whole post, mishap on my part involving past posts. Sorry it's so small.
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 19th, 2012, 12:55 am

Clyde took another sip of his ale, keeping the mug between himself and the woman, and fighting the urge to chuck it at the little girl, who saw fit to smart off to him.

HIM! He who could kill her as easily as he would an insect, he who could level the entire tavern with his mind alone. And she thought to be rude to him!

Seeing where his angry thoughts were taking him, he let out a cooling breath, and took another sip of his ale... Best not to go off on her know, in the middle of a tavern full of people. That likely would not go well... And he might get the Stryfe a bit annoyed at him...

Really though, now that he thought about it a bit more calmly, she was being a bit silly... Petch, a candle was barely worth anything, a single copper miza, next to nothing. Being a bit smart in response, he grinned a bit, responding to her, setting his mug down with a clunk.

"Somehow I think they will survive the financial burden, of me using a single candle when I feel like it. Petch girl, do you really think this business is so bad off this will capsize them? The profit off this one mug of ale I purchased, is probably well more than enough to pay for a full candle, not to mention the bit of one I have used."

A smug grin on his face, Clyde tapped his foot on the edge of his staff once more, feeling to make sure it was there still... Clyde then took a closer look at the girl, who was rather small. Though was she small as she was not full grown, or just small by nature? It was often a bit hard to tell.

"Still though, if you are so desperate for conversation that you have to make a big deal about a candle, I will talk to you. You could have just asked and said you wanted company. I don't mind a table mate, as long as you promise to play nice. But a candle, that is a rather pitiful excuse."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 19th, 2012, 1:47 am

Remaining still as he grinned at her, Lizzys expression darkened because he was not taking her seriously or he had answered in a round about, beating about the bushes way. Rude, ignorant, smart allicky.. Lizzy thought to herself, feeling a spark of anger for being talked back to formulate into a simmering cauldren of patiently building fury. Yet she remained composed, the only signal that the man had pushed a button was the light twitch in one of her eyebrows, small, but noticiable if seen through the mess of hair and her curly bangs.

The pause he took put Lizzy on edge, feeling sized up, and then being talked to again. She waited patiently, though her impatience was filling a meter slowly.

Lizzy stated whilst ignoring as much of his words as she could, seeing them as simply irrelevent information and bluntly replying "so you did light that candle, but how? Doesn't making any sort of fire require flint and steel...?" Her own blue eyes followed from his sky blue ones to the area of his table: nothing but a lit candle.

"After smarting off to me like that, what makes you think I want you to sit with me? I think you're the one who wants to sit with me instead of the other way around" if he was going to play that way, she would play right back "I even bet you sat near me, just so you could converse with me," pausing, her demeanor seemed to relax, confidence frothing up "why, see something you like?"

En gaurde, Lizzy thought, a smirk forming as she took a sip from her wine cup.
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 19th, 2012, 2:12 am

Clyde likely would have thought it funny, had he known what the girl thought of him. And a bit ironic, that she was doing the exact thing she was angry at him for doing. Of course, in her mind, it was alright when she did it, though not him. Luckily for her, he did not know what she was thinking.

Clyde just smiled, at her remark on flint and steel being the only way to start a fire. Please, even she was not that uneducated, that she thought it was the only way.

"There are plenty of ways to start a fire, even besides flint and steel. Rubbing some twigs together. Some stuff just naturally bursts into flames. Not to mention there is such a thing as a self-starting candle. No clue how that works, but you just tug on it or something, and the wick lights. Then you get into all the non-mundane ways. Come to think of it, that might actually include the self-lighting."

Clyde said the last bit, looking off, pondering that for a moment, trying to pull together whatever he could recall of such candles, which appeared to be nothing... Regardless, he knew they existed, even if he did not know how they worked.

Taking another breath, he listened as the girl went off on another rant, being quite rude this time. He got another grin on his face, however to pair with it a look of cold fury fell into his eyes, as he tried to not think of the many ways he could kill her before she so much as blinked...

"You have been petched in the head, haven't you. Of course I came to a tavern to converse! If I just wanted to drink, I would do it at home. Probably for cheaper to. At least I am honest about it, not pretending like I want to be alone and writing in a book. Your actions betray your mind, even though you lie and try to hide it, perhaps even from yourself."

Clyde paused for a bit, giving her a once over again. Really she was decent enough looking, but nothing to send him over his heels over.

"Your decent, but to be honest I've seen better. Nothing to write a saga of the ages over. Now come and sit down and be nice like a good girl, or else the next thing I set alight will be your petching addled head."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 24th, 2012, 1:37 am

The look on her face as he tried to explain about the candles, obviously not buying what he was saying in the least and even looked to her candle- pinched the wick and pulled her hand away, raising both hands to be level with her face. Looking in between them and then to the candle, shaking her head, a growing smirk on her face as she contained her laughter over him. Proof the establishment didn't have such a thing, in fact, she could have went to each and every table there was just to proove him wrong. His silence was long enough to put in a retort "well, this candle isn't lighting itself, I just tried, see" she demonstrated again with the same results. Tilting her head to the side knowing she won that bit of the argument "they are not self lighting."

Lizzy was loving this, absolutely loving it, he was reasoning with her and trying to intimidate her at the same time; with a small sip of her wine, she listened to him talk still about how her actions betrayed her words and then some.

Holding the glass level with her chin, Lizzy raised an eyebrow once more "Touche" it was short, it was simple, but she wasn't giving up entirely just yet- just allowing him to have that bit of the conversation won, if it had been her that had won it, Lizzy would have been smug with him over the small victory.

Yet what next she was not expecting, annoyance crossed over, glaring sternly at him; he was not into women that wore endowment enhancing clothing? No, no, she would have to think carefully, even she knew she wasn't the prettiest woman in the world and that the corset she was now wearing only reminded her of that small fact she could look oh so much better.

"Don't treat me as if I'm a child, it's probably not the best of ideas, and you couldn't light my head on fire even if you tried- you have nothing to light it with." Whispers crawled in her ears, darkly, sweetly, indistinguishable words flowing through them. If he wanted to threaten her- she could threaten back and he'd be sorry about it too. An unnatural smile spread across her face, using THAT, that curse wasn't going to make anything better but nor was just sitting there and taking the verbal reprucussions she had brought on upon herself.

Still... The stray thought was pushed aside as she set her glass down, taking a moment to clear her head by taking a deep breath, and exhaling slowly through her nostrils. Remaining seated, "but if you insist, I grow tired having to speak louder than I should and at a distance, yet it's impolite to make the lady move from her spot, why don't you come over here instead sir?" It was a simple and suprisingly polite request after the bombardments from beforehand, she had her meal in front of her, her journal, its ink-well, a pitcher of wine as well as a glass that would have to be moved. Why should she be the one to move?

Lizzy now gestured to the open seat in front of her, "come now, who here has the lightest of loads at their table? You or I? I believe I win that argument sir."
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 27th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Clyde looked back at the girl with a condescending grin, and shook his head.

"You don't listen to well, do you. I never said that was how the candle lit, but you seemed to be under the impression there was no explanation for it. So I gave you a few other explanations of how it could be done. I never said any of those were the case. You really need to listen better."

Having rebutted her smug pronouncement of a fact, in which she clearly felt had meant she had won, he grinned, at having put her back into her place. Really, one had no place being so smug, if you did not listen closely and know what you are talking about.

He took another sip of his ale, looking over at her, and listening to her next response. She sure thought highly of herself, which made Clyde wonder why.

"I treat people as they deserve to be treated. If you act like a child, expect to be treated like one. And you would be surprised at the things I could do, when I am properly motivated. Having your head in flames could be the least of your worries."

He smiled at her words smugly, "you have nothing to light it with", how childish her thoughts, when he had all he needed and more to set this entire tavern ablaze if he so desired. He could not help smiling back, at the knowledge he knew of himself, and she did not.

He smiled once more hearing her latest argument, his thoughts going in a different way... He wanted to know why she thought so highly of herself... Perhaps he could find out in his own unique way... A way in which would require him to get much closer anyways... So why not go over as she asked, using it as an excuse to find out the info...

He simply got up from his seat, grabbing his staff in one hand, and his ale in the other, and walked over to the table she was using, taking the seat opposite her. He set his staff down at his side, and set down his ale in front of himself.

"There, happy know?"

As he sat, he began perturbing his djed inside himself, stirring it up and focusing it in his head, willing it to focus in his skull... After a few ticks, he had it built up, and he pushed it into his eyes, letting his aura vision flow through them, enabling them to see auras.

He blinked, and picked up his ale, disguising his magic by taking another sip, as her aura slowly came into focus in his minds eye... Focusing on her, he could taste a sweet flavor in his mouth, which had nothing to do with drinking the ale, and everything to do with the joyous pleasurable feeling he got when he did magic and spent djed.

At first just her basic aura came into focus, which looked more or less the same for every human he had seen, varying a bit by size, a grey blob around her, without color or distinction... Slowly a few colors came into focus, swirls of red came in, matching the color of her hair. It seemed to be the dominant color of her aura. But mixed into it a few other streaks to, bits of black, white, and some blue... He was not sure what the colors meant, he would have to push much farther if he wanted to know.

But instead of pushing farther, her focused on the edge, the layer of her aura were traces of djed could be seen if she was a magic user, or at least a personal magic user... He had practiced identifying a magic user, from its djed remnants, and it was one of the few things he was good at doing consistently with auristics.

He was a bit surprised to see the traces when he looked, but it did explain her sense of superiority, and smugness. He tried to gauge the amount of residual djed, certainly much less than himself, but he was not sure of the type of magic she did, or her skill level, but that she used magic less than he did. Which really told him little.

"Or perhaps I lit the candle, with something not to different from the special ability you have." He said, a smile on his face, wondering how she would react to him saying this. It was hard to say.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next