PM to join Creatures Of The Night (Crypt)

Kyra enters the city..and the fun begins.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Creatures Of The Night (Crypt)

Postby Kyra on October 24th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Time Stamp :60th Of Fall 512
Who: Kyra/Crypt

The city of Syliras, a place of honor, integrity..and smelly humans. At least, that is how Kyra saw it. She had only been in the city for a few days and her nose was already wrinkled up. Some parts of the city weren't as bad, while other forced her to cover her nose as she passed by. Luckily night had fallen, and with the changing of the day, brought new winds and somewhat fresh air into the city. Being a nocturnal creature, Kyra preferred the night. It was also the only time in which the streets were less crowded. For her, it was the best time to set out for a stroll..or anything else.

The young kelvic moved along, golden eyes gazing around at the huge fortress that she now stood inside. Darkness covered much, only being brighten by the subtle light from lanterns here and there. There was something that she needed to do, but there was no hurry, and it had been almost a year since the first time she was in the city, though it had been a short stay. Kyra decided to look around a bit more, though her memory of the place was very different than what she saw before her.

She hadn't done very much, or even visited much of the city, which explained her lapse in memory. Still she wondered around, with no particular place in mind to visit. There were people still up and about, some leaving taverns, others seemingly just finishing up a days work. She glanced at them momentarily, finding their behavior curious. They were staring at her, some more than others, though all seemingly interested. She continued on, looking left and right at the people as she moved through them.

Her curiosity was peaked, and she wondered if they remembered her from before. Figuring that there was no harm in asking, Kyra took a moment to converse with them. She was surprised when instead they asked if she was a Konti.. Kyra wasn't sure what this was, but as their expressions appeared friendly she smiled, combing her fingers through her blondish hair and nodded. It was better she thought, to blend in and appear as one of the people. Moments later, she left the area to look around more.

As she walked, she came upon the Stone Garden. She remembered the place vaguely, the many stones inside were unlike anything else in the city. The place was special some had said, a memorial for those that were gone. It didn't matter to her, and she quickly became bored after stopping to read a few of the names on the stones. She didn't know any of the people and probably wouldn't be in the city for an extended time, for now she would just wonder.

Last edited by Kyra on October 28th, 2012, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 24th, 2012, 11:07 pm

“I was a quick, wet boy, diving too deep for coins...”

Crypt's deep, rough voice flowed through the canopy of the trees surrounding the Stone Garden, dancing 'midst the green and the brown. He leant against the trunk of a particularly high tree, having climbed up there to watch the Sun set over Syliras. It was already full night; the stars had come out to dance their eternal waltz, but still Crypt remained there, caught up in the melodies that he had loved from young.

“Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere...”

It wasn't perfect; nothing was. Crypt's voice was clear and strong, albeit rough, even as he sung in a baritone. The song held touches of sentimentality and nostalgia, tinged by longing throughout. The melody danced in the night air as Crypt watched the stars sparkle like gems. He lay there on the bough of the oak tree, hidden in the golden leaves characteristic of Fall.

“Watching the warm poison rats curl through the wide fence cracks...”

His voice rose and sank with the melody that he had heard once from the Vantha he had stayed with. It held elements of one of their tragedies, but sadly he was unable to incorporate more.

“Have I found you? Flightless bird...”

It enraptured him, caught him in its gentle, unbreakable embrace as he sang. The music flowed through his veins; the delight, the ecstasy that he felt whenever he sang intoxicated him.

And then it ended. His voice faded into nothing. And he was left there, still watching the Moon drift slowly across the sky.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kyra on October 25th, 2012, 6:35 pm

The singing instantly caught her attention, and Kyra was never one to ignore even the most subtle of sounds. Although this was loud and deep, somewhat mimicking the sound of drums beating with hesitation. She spun around quickly, searching the far corners of the garden looking for the source, but there was no one to be found. Once she heard the singing a second time, Kyra's gaze darted upward towards the tall tree. She saw him there, hidden amongst the brush that covered the tree top and settle down in uneven bulges from the lower limbs.

It was a surprise to stumble upon such a scene, and finding another who liked to climb trees was something she wouldn't have expected to find in the city. She stepped closer to the tree, getting a better look at the man who continued to sing. The words to the song were a bit odd, though not as vulgar or scandalous as others that she had heard. The deepness in his voice caused her ears to pricker, and she arched a brow as she listened, wondering if he was calling for a mate.

Humans were such a strange race, and while many were quick to distinguish the difference between man and beast, she found them to be very similar, if not exactly the same. It was also strange that he wasn't using an instrument. In the past those that she saw singing were using some type of instrument, or had someone with them who did. The song was mostly convoluted, but she did get a sense of longing from the words. As if someone had been taken from him, or he was possibly pining away for someone.

Whatever the reason, he was in the tree, and while her nature told her to climb up as well, she decided to call up to him instead. "Excuse me kind sir, but..are you waiting for someone?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 25th, 2012, 9:59 pm

“Hmm? Oh, pardon me, miss, for singing too loud.”

He looked down to see a rather... attractive lady Looking up at him. Her pale skin was almost luminous in the darkness that shrouded the Stone Garden; her eyes were beautiful shades of golden yellow - the slit pupils only made her look more enchanting.

“I wasn't... Ah... expecting anyone. I just wished to sing awhile - I've not done that for ages. I used to sing all the time when I was in the Sea of Grass, especially at night, when the stars came out, but now, well... It would be rather rude to disturb others with my poor voice, wouldn't it?”

Crypt continued almost hesitantly, before concluding with a chuckle.

Curious to know more about this damsel with the silver hair, Crypt closed his eyes as he shifted his Djed slowly around him, taking much care to avoid accumulating or drawing too much Djed. And his dark eyes snapped open and he looked at her.

Her aura was complex, as should be. It was primarily silver and white, with iridescent curves of light that wound round her body. She was no pre-programmed creation of a mage, for she definitely had feelings. She was fully sentient. No magic besides the normal level of Djed was found. Either she was a Master or she did not practice magic at all. And yet...

She felt primal. Feline, even. He could only feel hints of what she was deep inside her, for she was restrained. In many ways he felt a deep kinship with her; that which was hidden inside him resonated with it, such that his mind was able to more easily synchronise with her aura.

Just like me?

And then he looked into her eyes, and stopped expending his Djed, for was enraptured by the curious shades of gold they were.

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kyra on October 26th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Kyra tilted her head as she stared curiously at the man in the tree. She could make out his features well enough, though most of his form was covered in shadow, and the leaves on the tree. His answer hadn't been what she was expecting in the least. She wouldn't have thought that people climbed trees just to sing aloud. Perhaps he was merely placing distance between himself and anyone who might find his singing offensive and try to attack. "Is that a hobby of yous? Climbing up trees to sing?"

He mentioned "The Sea Of Grass", a curious name, though she supposed it fit well enough. People seem to have different names for the forest lands, though most she met simply called it the Wild Lands. The name did have a certain ring to it however, most of the Wild Lands were covered in grass, and truly did roll on forever like the sea in Ravok. If she was right, then they would have that in common as well. Kyra has spent a lot of time in the Wild Lands herself. She even returned from time to time whenever she felt the need for fresh air and open lands. "The Sea Of Grass? Are you from the forest then?"

The man resting in the tree had an air of mystique about him, though besides the few things they had in common, they were nothing alike. She could sense a fellow kelvic easily and although his nature was curious, he wasn't a kelvic and very much human. She watched him more for a tick, and was almost ready to scale the tree herself. It seemed like a good idea, though it might attract unwanted attention. She also realized that it might be frowned upon in the city for women to climb trees, especially those in skirts.

Modesty wasn't one of her strong suits, and she had been lectured more times than she could count on how women are supposed to appear and behave. If she had been home, she might not have cared as much, but she was in a foreign city and trying to blend in and act as the humans did. A second look down upon her attire, she realized that climbing might also ruin her leather corset. Instead it would seem that the man in the tree would have to come down if he wished to continue their chat. "You look like a bird, perched in the tree, and squawking about...Won't you come down?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 26th, 2012, 7:01 pm

“Habit? Nay, lass,” he spoke with a chuckle, his deep voice resounding, “I wished to take a better look at Zintila's Lights and the Moon, and this was the easiest way to see them. Beautiful sight it is.”

And so are you, my fair lady.

Crypt continued gazing at the night sky, reveling in the brief silence, short but calm. And then he turned again to the silver-haired Kelvic.

“The Sea of Grass is no forest, miss. It covers most of Cyphrus; it is literally a land-sea, where countless acres of long grass roll forevermore like the oceans. An open sky it has, and you can see for miles across the plains. But beneath its wild beauty lies danger. One cannot traverse it unless one is a Drykas, or is accompanied by a Drykas. Poisonous serpents swim through the grasses like eels in the ocean, and glassbeaks - fierce and bold predators - feast on all they can subdue, eviscerating foe after foe. Many a Warrior of the Diamond Clan has fallen to them.”

She appeared to be rather curious. Not a totally negative trait, by any stretch of the imagination, but if she wanted to know more, well, then she would have to answer his questions.

She was no human, that was evident. A shapeshifter of some sort? Possibly. What he had gleamed from his reading wasn't much, though still more than last time. She had a primal side to her. Still, she was one of the more... attractive ladies he had met.

In response to her request, Crypt smirked slightly, then removed his mask, hanging it by his side on his belt. He stood up on the bough of the oak and leaped to the ground, rolling to redirect and negate the impact of the fall. Brushing off the dust from his pants, he stood upright, facing the Kelvic, who was slightly shorter than him.

“No more a squawking bird, lass. My name is Crypt, and yours is?”

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kyra on October 26th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Kyra glanced toward the sky, her golden eyes pouring into the light of the moon. It was a beautiful sight to behold, and she herself had spent nights gazing up into the wondrous orb of glowing light. There was something about the night, an energy of sorts that would fill her, yet at the same time she felt calm and peaceful. "It is a wonder, this world we live in."

She moved closer to the tree, lightly placing her hands on the rugged bark, as she stared up at him, listening to his description of what she imagined was his home land. It would seem that the place he spoke of was not the forest that she was used to. It was a place far away from the wilds that she traveled in, or so she gathered from his words. She became even more interested when he spoke of Drykas, and glassbeaks. Poisonous serpents could be found anywhere in the wilds, but these other things she had never heard of.

"What are Drykas and glassbeaks? Are they animals?" She asked almost impatiently waiting for him to climb down. He really did remind her of a bird perched in the tree as he was, and it was causing her mischievous side to peak. If she were to climb up to meet him, she wondered how fast could she reach him. Would she simply bounce up and land in his lap, straddling him teasingly? Or would the force of her jump knock him out of the tree? It was a wonder, though one she didn't dwell on for more than a tick.

He had also mentioned a Warrior clan of Diamond. Warriors she knew of, but this clan of Diamond was unfamiliar. In truth, they didn't sound like much, diamonds were jewels she saw people wearing in Ravok, people who didn't look like they were dangerous at all. More curious questions she had, though she decided to wait until he had given her an answer for the other question she asked.

Once he removed his mask, her eyes widen as a realization sunk in. She had noticed his face, the darken wrinkles carved into unmoving skin, and the hardness of the light as it touched upon unyielding clay. It wasn't his face that she had saw, but a mask that he wore. A surprising twist and another thing the two had in common, as Kyra herself enjoyed mask and other visual forms of entertainment, though his mask may have served a different purpose. When he finally stood up and proceeded to leap down, she quickly jumped back to avoid the body that was diving towards her.

As he landed in a tuck n roll gesture, she looked on, watching him as he then stood and dusted himself off. It was a rather odd and curious thing to do, when she would have just climbed down. Standing in front of him she glanced upward, noting that he was a lot taller than he appeared in the tree. "I am Alessa." She said simply while offering him a gentle smile. She decided to give him her birth name. So far things had gone well and no one had identified her as the "Man Eater ." Though recent, and completely unrelated events could had led whispers of her name to would-be enemies, so it was better to be safe either way. "Tell me Crypt, Why all alone?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 27th, 2012, 1:31 am

“Indeed. And even the Sun can hold beauty in her gaze, for is not true that Leth loves Syna?”

Crypt smiled and held back a laugh as he heard Alessa's statement.

Many would kill you for putting us Drykas and glassbeaks in the same category, lady...

“No,” he replied in a certain tone that belied his amusement, “The Drykas are not animals. We are horsemen of Cyphrus, bold and strong. We alone know the Sea of Grass. We ride on the Cyphrus Striders which have chosen us. I may have a Drykas mother and a human father, but I am considered full Drykas, for I have a Strider to call my own. The glassbeak are predators, one of the most fearsome in the Sea of Grass, for they are swift and strong, and they hunt in packs.”

He watched her face shift slightly, as she contemplated thoughts. And then as he removed the grinning Mask, he noted her widening eyes with some amusement. Really, shouldn't she have noticed by now that he was wearing a mask?

“Alessa.”

His deep, strong voice rumbled, pausing awhile, ruminating on it.

“Alessa. A-lessa. A-lass-a, A-lessa, Alessa. A pretty name for a pretty lass.”

He returned her smile with one of his.

“Alone? Not quite. My mother, and quite a few relatives, still lives in her pavilion. I have a Konti cousin somewhere north-east of here. No, I am not alone. But do you speak of distant kin or close companions? My steed, my Strider, Maras, is currently taking an evening gallop at the Stables. He'll be returning to my room later on by himself. I have... a friend named Rosforthin Elmathath Al'worech Lacenthane Loehtor Yaeromore, but I just call him Ros for short even though he prefers to be referred to by his full name. He's... currently indisposed.”

Crypt's fingers twitched.

“I have no significant other, even though I am supposed to have one at the age of twenty-two. Suffice to say, I have a... condition not many females would be willing to face daily.”

OOCHe's referring to his Sarawanki familiar with that rather long name, which he will be obtaining soon in a thread. Still, he isn't officially Crypt's yet, so no interaction whatsoever. I'm thinking of extending his name even further just to make it sound ridiculous.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kyra on October 27th, 2012, 7:12 pm

"Horsemen?...Is that a fancy way of saying that you have a horse?" She asked him simply, watching his expression a bit closer. The bold and strong Drykas didn't sound impressive at all. In her few years she had met many who claimed such things, some even falling by her on blade or arrows. It was the way of man of course, to speak of themselves as if they were on par with the Gods they served, or at least on a higher level than other beings around them."The Glassbeaks, you hunt these?"

Kyra watched him closer, her eyes widening a bit more as she studied his features. He seemed to have trouble pronouncing her name and was attempting to sound it out. She had never imagined that her name could be pronounced any other way, nor had she even bothered to think of such things. There were only a few that had called her by that name, and they had all said it the same. Those voices from so long ago, faces never forgotten but the voices..they had faded, so much that she could barely remember them. "So you think I'm pretty?" She asked, her full lips curving upward as she placed a hand on her hip.

Kyra listened to the man speak more, as he told her of relatives and people that he knew. It was a long speech, and somehow he had missed the purpose of her question entirely. Although he said a few things that did stick with her. Again the mention of a Konti came up, and she was interested in learning more about this, if just to help make her disguise more believable. And then it came, a name so long that it almost made the kelvic's head spin. It was a rather long and odd name, and one she had no intention of trying to repeat.

If he said anything else, she hadn't heard him. Her gaze fell upon the mask at his belt. It was an interesting piece, and while it wasn't as extravagant as the one's she liked in Ravok, it had it's own appeal. Without asking, Kyra reached out and took the mask from him and turned it so that she could examine it. Thinking more on it, he reminded her of the shop keeper from the Jester's Corner, who also wore a mask, though his was a bit darker in style. With a mischievous look in her eyes, Kyra raised the mask as if she were about to put it on, before suddenly turning it around and giving it back to him. "Have you lived here long? What is it like here?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 27th, 2012, 11:46 pm

“Not quite. It is a way of life; merely owning a horse will not make you a horseman. We Drykas live and die with our Striders.”

She's a curious being. That's for sure. Apparently, she has never been to Cyphrus before, otherwise she would give us more respect. Ah well, if that's how the ball rolls, I can't do anything about it.

“I used to hunt them...” Crypt said thoughtfully, thinking back to the few times he had done so. “But now that I'm not in the Sea of Grass, I can't very well hunt glassbeaks, can I?”

A gentle breeze stirred the leaves of the surrounding trees; Crypt closed his eyes momentarily, enjoying the feeling of the cool breeze against his bare arms and tousled hair.

“Of course you are. If you can call me a squawking bird, surely I can call you a pretty lass.” Crypt replied with no little amount of amusement.

Crypt fought back a chuckle as he observed Kyra's reaction to Ros' full name. It was always amusing to introduce him to someone. Ros would always be trying to get everyone he was introduced to to use his full name one way or another.

He stiffened slightly as she took the mask from his belt. He watched her examine the mask; apparently it was the source of some fascination for her. Still, he relaxed only when she placed it back by her side. It was one of the few things he owned that had belonged to his father. It would simply not do to discard or lose it.

Heh. Trying on my mask? 'Twould be too large for you, lass. Perfect, a little mischief tonight should make things better. Maybe it'll cheer me up.

“I've only been here for about half a season, so I don't really know much about Syliras compared to a resident here. But... Syliras is peaceful. Compared to other places, of course. The Knights control this city with an iron fist, but at least they don't let a murderer get away scot-free. I've enjoyed my time in this city so far, but it takes some getting used to, especially when someone like me has been traveling for quite a while. The crowds are quite annoying, but you have to pay a price for living here. If you're human, or if you appear to be human, the Knights won't bother you that much. But if you look... different, if you're a Zith or a Dhani, they'll be harassing you. Quite a few of them are racists. But overall, Syliras provides a spot of respite from the chaos out there.”

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)