Closed Seeking The Truth (Tourmal)

Kyra searches the city for a mystery killer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Seeking The Truth (Tourmal)

Postby Kyra on October 28th, 2012, 4:56 am

Time Stamp :55th Of Fall 512
Who: Kyra/Tourmal

Late that evening, and well after Syna’s light had faded, storm clouds rolled over the Cobalt Mountain and the city of Sylira. A light rain burst forth, covering the trees and grasses and all else in it's path. A thin mist accompanied the rain, spreading across the land, though barely touching the ground. The young kelvic traveled to the city in a quicken pace. She had anticipated the rain, yet was unable to move fast enough to escape it.

Leather boots, stamped heavily through the grass, bending blades and turning up moist dirt as she dashed through. The dark red hood covering her head, almost appeared purple from the pale light of the sky draped, even billowing in the wind as it covered her head. The cloak upon her shoulders rippled in waves, opening up as the air pushed under it and revealing a dark shade of a red blouse and leather pants.

So long, in her young mind it had been since she last saw the city. A short stay, and only visiting parts of the city, which had now escaped her memory mostly. It wasn't important at the time, and she had entered for one reason only. Now it would seem that she had need to do so again, and also for a reason. He was there somewhere, hidden amongst the masses. Though she had no idea what his face looked like, she was more than determined to find him. She owed her lost friend that much, to at least avenge his death, and that she would.

For the moment however, she looked to find shelter and rest from her travels. The trip from Ravok, through the mountains and into the city had been harsh to say the least. She would have time to search for his killer, with the advantage being that he didn't know that she was looking for him. The rain had started to pick up as well, and it was doubtful that anyone would be traveling out of the city that night. It could wait..

Shelter was what she needed now, and she found it, a dangling red and white sign with a horse on it and the word Tavern inscribed caught her attention. Kyra pushed open the door and quickly stepped inside. The place was busy, with people huddled together in sections, or groups while others littered the tables with another or alone. She stood in the door, golden eyes peering from underneath the damp hood, as she surveyed the people. Any one of them could be the man that she was looking for or perhaps they knew of him.

She couldn't be sure, and as such it was best to blend in and ask around discreetly. Someone had to know where he was, and it was up to her to find that person. Kyra removed the hood from her head, allowing the long blonish locks to fall free and settle into the nape of the hood. She glanced around again before she took a seat at the bar. Bartenders usually had some knowledge of the goings on in the town and had possibly heard something or even met the person she was looking for.

As she sat down, she noticed the bartender was already busy with another and decided to retrieve the note from her blouse. While she waited for the bartender to free himself, she looked over the crumbled up note with the words "Marcelo's killer is near.." written on it. Who was this person, where were they hiding? This is what she needed to find out and she wouldn't leave the city until she did.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on October 28th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Tourmal, Fall 55, 512 AV

The night had been a stormy one. Tourmal had worked up a good sweat at work and decided to walk home and get a bath, before the sun had set. On his way, it started to rain it was refreshing at first lightly drizzling. Slowly the dounpour grew stronger, as it did he hastened his pace from a light stroll to an outright run. By the time he made it inside he was soaked from head to toe. Had he known it would be rainy he would have taken his cloak with him. Shivering the man removed his shirt and readied a hot bath.

After he was finished cleaning up and drying his clothes near the fire he got dressed and readied himself for another night at the stallion. He enjoyed it there you never knew who would be there. Mostly it was the usual customers people he had long met and knew of him. But there usually was at least a lady or two who for whatever reason it was their first time there. And he would attempt to induct them into his slowly growing list of conquests. A champion of men if he ever thought so.
OOCTourmal is slightly deluded in thinking so

Before he walked out he donned his cloak and set out for the tavern.

When he arrived the sun had been down for about a bell. And he walked straight to the bar and ordered a drink. He looked around the tavern for any newcomers, unfortunately there were none. What did he expect the nigh had just begun and the bar had yet to be filled with revelries as it normally was. He pulled a few silver mizas out and asked for a bread and some cheese to accompany his drink. He knew that the barmaids treated you better if you tipped them well. So he did.

The man continued his scan when a hooded figure came through the door most the patrons at that time were not so drunk that they were to focused on their own their own dealings to look to see who it was. As Tourmal assessed the figure, he first noticed it was a filly. Her body was obscured by the cloak unfortunately only protruding slightly where her chest was. This would need investigating later.

When she removed her hood, he subconsciously let his jaw drop. I Like! How much?! He wondered to himself if she had ever worked anywhere like the Golden Dragon before. Assuming if she had that she would cost more than most of the girls who he had payed for their services. Who'd a guessed that the dice would roll in his favor tonight. Now how would he approach her?

The woman walked to the bartender and pulled something from her pocket looking at it for a second. While she was sitting the bartender brought out his light meal and ale. Perfect! the smith thought as he told the tender he would pay for whatever she was drinking passing him another silver miza. Now he would just bide his time waiting for the bartender to tell her he paid for her drinks. The man tore some bread from the loaf and took a bite from it with a smaller bite from the wedge of cheese in front of him. He then washed it down with some ale. “This is the life” he said to himself.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on October 29th, 2012, 4:08 am

The Rearing Stallion seemed like any other tavern, full of strange drinks, stale food, and smelly humans. Though this tavern, and the city itself had a smell all it's own. It was one of the few things that she remembered from her visit, or rather something she couldn't forget. She assumed that she would get used to it, but the mass of human bodies would take more time.

Kyra continued to stare at the paper that she held in her hands. It was a mystery, not only the name of the person that she searched for, but she didn't even know who had slipped the note into her palm before they suddenly vanished. As curious as she was, this wasn't something that she cared to linger on. She needed answers and she needed them fast. The question now was..where to look.

The young kelvic had been so deep in thought that she hadn't realized that the bartender had come over until he sat the drink down in front of her. Kyra glanced up at him curiously and back down to the mug on the table top. She hadn't ordered a drink, nor was she planning too. The taste of ale wasn't something that she enjoyed, yet there was a mug in front of her filled with it. She arched a brow when the bartender smiled and explained why he brought her the drink, she turned her head a bit, glancing over to the man that was seated close to her.

He didn't look familiar, nor was his scent. She wondered if she had met him and forgotten, though that wasn't likely. Her memory was just as keen as her sense of smell. If she had met him before, she would have remembered. This man was a stranger, and probably just looking for a pretty girl to warm his bed. It wasn't uncommon at all to find this type in taverns. Beyond that, she wasn't sure, still what ever his reasons were, he could possibly be of help to her, whether he knew it or not.

A subtle smile stretched across her face as she readjusted her skirt, crossing one leg over the other before turning in the seat to face him. His look wasn't boring, and to her that said a few things about a person, not to mention if she could even stand to speak with them. Looking him over, she noticed that he was enjoying a bit of cheese with his drink and waited until he was done to speak up. "Ale isn't my type of drink, but that was kind of you...I'm Alessa." She said with a smile, as she lifted her arm and stretched her hand out towards him. Again she chose to use her birth name just in case word had traveled faster than she had hoped. "Tell me, have you lived here long?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on October 29th, 2012, 6:04 am

Tourmal, Fall 55, 512 AV

“As the man ate he occasionally glanced over to the woman to see if she had yet ordered a drink. When one arrived in front of her he assumed that he had missed her request while he was indulging himself in his meal.When she looked at him seemingly sizing him up, the man prayed that she would approve of him. It's not everyday that you run into a masterpiece made by the goddess of beauty.

As she crossed her legs Tourmals attention was drawn to them. Her soft skin shimmered as reflections of the flames danced across them. He wondered how soft they really were.

When her supple lips parted revealing her smile his heart leaped out of his chest. But the man couldn't show how desperate he was to her it would ruin his cover. He tried his hardest from revealing the largest smile he had ever made and repressed it to a provocative grin. As he finished chewing and taking a swig of his drink to wash it down she spoke. “Nice to meet you Alessa” he smiled followed by “I'm sure I didn't order an ale for you. I specifically asked her to get you whatever you were drinking.” He said with a confused look on his face. Normally the barmaids would not make that kind of mistake. “Would you like me to get you something else? A wine perhaps?”

All the while he was saying his he stood and moved forward to shake her hand. Afterward he gathered his food and slid it over a few seats so it sat next to her. As he did so she asked him another question. “Long? About eight years if that is long enough for you? Why do you need a guide?” He had hoped so it would give him plenty of time to work his charm on her. But if not then he needed to work faster. “So what brings a beautiful lass such as yourself to the fortress city?” again with a smile looking at her intently attempting to analyze her reaction.

Tourmal waved down the barmaid to replace the ale with a wine, apologizing for the confusion. Maybe a liquid medley of fruit would suit her tastes better. When he turned his back to the blonde woman the two locked eyes, when he noticed the color of her eyes matched his brooch. “I'm sorry if this seems strange, But the color of your eyes reminds me home.” when she asked how he would tell her how the sun's golden rays reflect off the endless sea of grass as it peaks over the horizon bringing about the new day.

He hoped he wasn't bringing it on too strong. And that her only reaction would be flattery. But everything he had said was true. For all he knew this woman could be gone tomorrow, and time was of the essence.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on October 30th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Kyra looked to the stranger curiously as she gently slipped her hand into his to shake it. Pulling away, she glanced back to the bartender for confirmation, but he had already stepped away. If the blonde man wasn't the one who ordered her the drink, then it had to be a mistake..unless someone else had done so. She paused a moment, as she thought of how to respond to his question. She hadn't come in for a drink but to escape the rain as it were. Still if he was offering, she imagined that she could try another, assuming it wasn't anything like whatever that was in front of her. The smell was..wrong.

"I haven't ordered yet, this place...doesn't bring me thirst." She finished with a kind smile as she straighten herself in the bar seat and brought her hands back to rest in her lap. He seemed kind enough, handsome face, and he didn't appear to be the scoundrel type. Sitting quietly, she listened as he answered her question of how long he had been in the city. Eight years was long indeed, more than twice the length of her life so far.

When he asked if she needed a guide, a mischievous smile slowly spread across her lips, and she pressed her hands lightly over her thighs, as she leaned forward in the seat just a bit. "Is there something you wish for me to see?" Bating her eyes innocently, Kyra sat up again, and lifted her hands to fluff her hair, before returning them to rest in her lap. "I travel, I've traveled since I was very young. I came here once..but not for long and now I've returned."

Just as she was about to ask him more, he waved to the barmaid and asked to have the ale replaced with wine. Kyra didn't protest and instead stared at the woman as she took up the mug and left supposedly to return with a wine. Kyra turned back to the blonde man as he spoke again, and stared at him quizzically. His words were kind, poetic, even sounded like the start of story or song. "Is that a poem?" She asked him honestly, expecting the answer to be yes, and to follow with an explanation and possibly another poem. "Tell me more, what else do you see when you look at me?"

Her attention was suddenly drawn from him, causing her to look away and into the setting of tables in the floor. There were loud whispers and eyes pouring into them from afar. Kyra glanced about the room again, before turning back to face the man at her side. "Do you know those men?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on October 31st, 2012, 1:56 am

Tourmal, Fall 55, 512 AV

When he asked her about needing a guide, upon her face sat a smile that Tourmal knew only too well for it was one that he was well known for. Was there something he wanted her to see? Well yea there was a few. His room, his bed, himself and her together in it. “Maybe, depends on what you are interested in.” The woman enjoys a compliment good. He could keep that up all night. “Syliras is a more beautiful place because of it”

The woman's response to his observation of how her eyes looked, earned him a look of confusion as to where he was going with it. Was it a poem? “No, not a poem, just an observation.” The man was no bard coming up with poems and ballads of events. He just flattered women when they were worthy of flattery. Sometimes his comments would work but most did not.

Occasionally the man would get lucky and end up in a situation like this with a beautiful woman asking for more. “Let's see” He took another bite from his bread and cheese with a draught of ale to wash it down as he pondered. Sadly he had run out of ideas. Her hair was white her lips were pink and her skin pale. Something about her hair like snow and her skin like the moon. Hmm? He would have to think that further. “I'm sorry Alessa, If I rush, it would be a disservice to a masterpiece as yourself.” Simply the man would need more time. About that time the barmaid came by with the wine. Thank you he said. And put down a few coppers as a tip.

Looking over to see who she was talking about. “Hmm them? No, can't say that I do. Probably travelers of a sort.” There did seem to be a bit more randoms tonight then normal. Usually it would amount to no more than a few. Must be that time of the year he thought. “Never mind them, try this. You might like it.” He handed her the glass. Weather she liked it or not he didn't mind. Hopefully his offer would be enough to win him a few points.

The man was continually amazed at how everything she did was entrancing. She seemed so innocent uncorrupted by the world around her. Yet there were hints of sorrow and danger in her eyes. They were like two golden disks framed by her long black lashes. The man snapped out of the trance she had him in. “I'm sorry I just got lost in your eyes again. Had only I not used that line earlier I could have used it now.” There was only so much he could say bout her eyes before it got old. He needed some new material.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on October 31st, 2012, 11:14 pm

Kyra continued to stare curiously, but kindly toward the man who seemed to be full of flowery works and compliments. To any other woman, his words would probably cause a bright blush to form in their cheeks, and possibly even causing them to feel a bit feverish from his dreamy gaze. Kyra was a bit different though, perhaps it was her inexperience in such matters that lead her to question the means of his words. Though the young kelvic wasn't completely naive, she could see the way his eyes poured over her features and the coin he put out to buy her a drink was another thing well noted. He was different however, in his attempt to woo her.

The men in Ravok weren't as kind with their words and were much more direct. They knew exactly what they wanted, and seeing her as nothing more than a bed warmer, they didn't waste any time with social niceties. "That's too bad, I would have liked to hear more." She said as she watched him consume more bread and cheese, then washing it down with ale. She waited for a moment, to see if he would would add to his poetic words but fell silent when he said he didn't want anything to add.

She turned away, looking back to the mug on the table, and lightly curling her fingers around it as she picked it up. Glancing back to him, she brought the mug to her mouth, stopping shortly to smell the liquid, before taking a sip. It was sweet, though still strong like most drinks seemed to be in taverns. Kyra placed the mug back onto the table and returned her attention to the man beside her. It appeared that he didn't know the men at the table either. Those that were watching them, or were they watching him, she wondered.

it was hard to tell from the quick glance, but then she didn't care much as long as they kept their distance. Turing back to him again, Kyra smiled as he continued with his honeyed words, speaking more observations about her eyes. The kelvic's lips curved upward as she moved a bit closer to him, bringing her face directly in front of his. " Do you like my eyes so much? Would you like to see them up close?"

Just as she was about to move even closer, a suddenly tap on her arm drew her back into her seat. Kyra turned back, looking toward the person who had touched her. It was one of the men from the table. He had been watching her every since she first walked into the tavern. He was already drunk with ale, and a few more he thought himself a lady killer. The drunken merchant had become quiet jealous of Tourmal, and decided that he wasn't worthy of the lovely blonde.

"Aye there, aren't you a pretty thing. Why don't ya come in sit with me pals. I'm sure we could be more fun than this little guy."

Kyra blinked curiously at the tall man, before turning to look at Tourmal again. "Are you sure you don't know them?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on November 1st, 2012, 3:55 am

Tourmal, Fall 55, 512 AV

Alessa took a sip of the wine in front of her. Then after his last comment she moved forward the two of them face to face inches apart. “If you brought them any closer I would drown in their beauty.” He whispered sweetly so that only she could hear him. She had him in her grasp from the time she let down her hood the man being played like a puppet, entangled in the soft lines of beauty.

Then suddenly the the woman retreated back to her seat. The reason being a man a bit larger than he which was impressive considering the size of the smith was much larger than average. This annoyed the man who was trying to make headway with this woman and now interrupted by this drunkard. The man deserved to have the hand he touched her with broken under the weight of his hammer. However Tourmal knew bringing a weapon into a fight would end In his own ruin. Especially with off duty knights in the room. Maybe it would be best to let this one slide.

Tourmal was a regular to the stallion, and these men weren't. So obviously they would not know that there were two knights drinking at the table behind them. By no means was he on good terms with the knights however he knew how they worked and anyone involved in a fight would get sent to the tank to await trial. The man could not afford to do so his night life was pricey and he was attempting to save money to travel somewhere else. If he missed work his pay would be docked and it would only extend his time till he could afford to leave.

Little? Really? You keep this up and you will see how little my fist is. The man had elevated to anger. But he would stay his tongue. Again she asked if he knew the men. To answer her instead of words, Tourmal stood up in between Alessa and the towering drunkard “Why don't you go back to whatever hole you came from stranger.” The man laughed at the smith looked back to his buddies “Looks like this little fella wants to play” the tall man turned back around and pushed him. “Thats good” again “'cuz I can play” and again “all” and again “night” and again “long.” finishing the tirade by poking him in the chest.

Tourmal had been pushed against the bar. His back arched where it pressed against the overhang. There was only so much he could take. “I said leave the lady alone!” Using the bar as an anchor he pushed the man with all his might sending him reeling to the table he had come from landing on it spilling all of the drinks of his friends. As their drinks spilled all over them they simultaneously stood . Just great he thought. He looked to the knights shrugged his shoulders as to say to them 'What could I do' then gestured for their help.

Tourmal looked over to Alessa “You should try and stay away from this, I don't want you to get hurt.” then took a step forward planted his feet with his hands up in a wrestling stance he had seen long ago.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on November 3rd, 2012, 4:38 am

Kyra leaned over to her left to stare at the drunken man from behind Tourmal. Her knight-to-be was very tall, and his muscular shape eclipsed her slender form completely. Though the well-toned blonde man looked the part of something that should be showcased in stone, the man in front of him did not. He was even taller than Tourmal, yet his build was very different and it was easy to see that the two men didn't share the same diet.

The drunken man was bald, scruffy beard and it appeared that his chin and neck had somehow grown together. His posture was just as bad, his back and shoulders drooping forward, causing his already sluggish stance to waver even more. If the man possessed enormous strength it might help him, but doubtfully much in his current state. Kyra watched him closely, only looking off to the men at the table before turning back. "What will you do? Will you fight him?"

Kyra whispered into Tourmal's ear from behind him as she stood on her toes. She hadn't noticed the Knights watching them, and was more interested in what would happen next. More of the people in the room were also turning in their seat, waiting to see a good fight, or a beat down as it were. She was curious to see where it went as well, though she saw it much differently than the others. While the drunk was bigger, he was also, out of shape, and being drunk only made him slower to react.

Tourmal had consumed ale himself, though not enough to affect his movement, or at least that is what she saw. If they were to fight, he would more than likely win, assuming that no one else joined in. She was surprised suddenly, when the man pushed Tourmal, causing him to bump into her and knocking her back against the chairs. A low growl rumbled deep in her throat and her instincts told her to lash out, though she calmed herself when one of the barmaids stepped in to help her stand up. "I guess he has a death wish..and here I didn't want to get dirty."

A sudden loud crash echoed across the room as Tourmal fought back and shoved the bigger man backwards. The clumsy drunk tumbled against the table, sending drinks and stale bread flying everywhere. It was amusing to witness, and even the barmaid had to fight back a giggle. The man had not only embarrassed himself, but his friends too, who were now all covered in ale. But the brave move seemed to have backfired, as Tourmal now had more than one angry drunk to deal with. "Tsk, tsk...They never learn."

Kyra was just about to remove her cloak when Tourmal offered to handle it for her. She stared at him for a moment, wondering if he was in that much of a mood to fight, or was there another reason. "As you wish.." She said simply and moved back further along the bar. Though most could not see it, her fingers drifted over a dagger that she wore on the right side of her hip. The kelvic hadn't planned on fighting, but it was better to be safe she thought..and she had been right.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on November 6th, 2012, 3:48 am

Tourmal, Fall 55, 512 AV

After the first push he received from the man he bumped into Alessa making her fall into some chairs. However Tourmal was too busy being pushed by the overweight man to help her up. Thankfully a barmaid came to her aid. The girls comment seemed to have some merit behind it. And confused the large drykas what gave her the idea that she could deal with this man. Before he could think upon it too much the man pushed him again.

After the man fell onto the table it became obvious that his friends would not be standing by to watch the altercation. Four men to deal with, great! Thankfully the knights behind them stood up as well and before the men had a chance the two drew their swords and held them toward the men “Take it outside”. The knights turned their gaze from the men who had their hands up shaking at their knees slowly retreating to the smith and his new-found companion. “You too” looking directly at Tourmal one pointed his sword and him and motioned to the door.

As one walked towards the drykas to corral him along with the other troublemakers walking past Alessa allowing her to do as she wished. Tourmal looked back to the girl worried about his current situation sullen that his one chance with a girl such as herself was sullied by this event. He hoped she would be around for a bit. Best he knew the five of them would be taken to the Tank to await trial. But not after a good beating from he knights of course. This of course made him hope that she would not wait around and watch.

The man walked out the door at sword point, where they led them toward the gates. By the time they made it outside the gates all five of them and Alessa were all soaked from head to toe from the falling rain. "Have at it” one of the knights said with a grin on his face. Tourmal was confused what do they mean? He looked at them bewildered, the drunkard figured it out much faster than he. The man approached the drykas wound up trying to knock his head off. The smith saw his large figure come forward and looked out of the corner of his eye as the man swung toward him. Just in time he ducked below the ham-hock the overweight man called his hand.

While the drykas was crouching the large man's momentum not to mention the water that coated the stones that lined the street, had carried him over the smaller of the two's shoulder and with a shrug the man flipped landing on his back. His weight slamming against the paved road drew all of his breath from him coughing and sputtering. His fall splashed some grime into his face. At which time the man wiped his eyes clear with his sleeve and proceeded to look back to Alessa to see if she was still there? His mind reeling unsure of his predicament. As he looked at his hopefull prize, her hood covering her head drops of water running down her face, one resting on her bottom lip. While observing her the other three men advanced. One of the nights cut the third off and shook his head. The drykas was completely oblivious to what was happening behind him, looking at Alessa proud that she had just seen what he accomplished. Lost in his glory the two continued to advance toward the smith unbeknownst to him.
Last edited by Tourmal Firemane on November 8th, 2012, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next