Flashback A Meddling Knight in Shining Armor (Imass)

Keshta has gone AWOL.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Meddling Knight in Shining Armor (Imass)

Postby Keshta Maric on November 1st, 2012, 1:47 am

31st of Spring, 512 AV

The man had a hollowed out look in his eyes. It was not from lack of spirit, but perhaps lack of sleep. Lack of sleep and an abundance of loss.

For Noran Falkird had lost much in only 30 days. Yes, he still had the babe in his arms and the nephew who sat impatiently in the bed at home. You might say his still had his wife, the healers said he did but Noran did not see it. He had thought he still had Keshta, but her bed was empty this morning.

“Ser, please. Her name is Maric, Keshta Maric. She’s a young girl, fourteen, with light brown hair and eyes. She’s of average height, thin build. Please Ser, she’s only just begun to recover. I don’t know where she would have gone to… Can you help me find my niece?

Grey clouds were shifting quietly in the sky, each taking a patient turn in standing before the sun’s blistering heat and the child on the road. In spite of their courtesies Keshta’s skin burned. Hot waves crept beneath her cheeks and splashed about the pulsing edges of her wounds. Her left arm felt stiff, and swollen and sore. Certainly the bandages were too tight. Certainly they were unnecessary by now. Certainly.

But she cradled the arm beneath her cloak as she shuffled along the South Kabrin Road. The hint of Syna had begun to creep upon its zenith in the Syliran sky. Keshta had been walking since shortly before dawn. It was nothing short of a miracle nothing had devoured, kidnapped or slain the feverish girl in the past six bells. Heedless of such perils, Keshta shuffled on.
Keshta Maric
Does not approve of you.

Words: 25981
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 7:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Meddling Knight in Shining Armor (Imass)

Postby Imass on November 8th, 2012, 5:24 pm

'Twas a fair spring day in Syliras. The sky was blue with long streams of clouds blowing by moderately. It was warm, but the breeze was magnificent. The air was full of the smell of life. The new grass, the flowers, the green trees, they all smelled amazing. Besides the ever faint sound of construction, the air was full of the sounds of nature and happy people. The smell of the ocean was prevalent, but the humidity was low. It was the perfect day to be strutting around in armor!

Ser Imass the Akalak walked around in full plate. It was unadorned practical armor, but well notched from service to Syliras. His visor was down and he walked around with a tall lance blowing the Windoak's banner in the breeze. Technically he was patrolling, but all was calm in the city this day. For now, what Ser Imass was really doing was showing off the Windoak colors. It was a way to pass the time on long boring guard routes. As much as Imass would like spend the days in training or developing his sword skills on a day like this, he needed to do his Duty.

Showing off Syliran colors was a matter of pride. It was a reminder to everyone who lived in the city, why they worked so hard. The Knight greeted each passing man or woman with a smile or a hail if the citizen was so inclined. They talked about whatever they wanted and Imass would teach them. The people where the life's blood of the city. He would protect them no matter what.

The banner blew in the wind as Ser Imass spoke through a helm's visor, "Hail Sylir!"

The shopkeeper approached happily and without fear. Imass loved talking to these people. They were upstanding citizens who worked hard for the city and the Knights rewarded them kindly in return. Ser Imass felt mutual respect, despite the fact they would never truly understand what it meant to be a Knight; the Windoak's will was who they really answered to.

"Gods ye good den Ser Knight!" the older portly man asked with a tipsy smile.

"Hey-ho gaffer, excellent weather won't ye say?" Ser Imass asked.

"Now, by, my faith good Ser, it is an excellent morn indeed."

"Indeed."

"Would thy drink from me flagon? It is the most delicious spring-wine!" the man asked. Ser Imass knew this man well enough. He was an old shop keep who enjoyed his wine, but never drank too much. Ser Imass had shared a flagon with him perhaps before, but they had never exchanged names.

"Verily and respectfully, gaffer," Lifting his visor, Ser Imass sniffed the cap and smelled the spring-wine. After a moment of inspection, he brought it to his lips taking a took a large mouthful to taste it, then took it down in a single gulp. His thirst was quenched and he handed back the flagon.

"Excellent wine my good man!"

"Excellent!"

"I walk to Main Gates to display the Syliran Colors!" Ser Imass announced

The man lifted his flagon again, "I drink to thee Syliras and your most gracious Knights!" His voice with some happiness it seemed.

The Blue Knight laughed warmly through his helm, "Excellent! Anything that should concern me citizen?"

"S'wounds! Ye didn't hear? Not just a moment before I talk to thee, good Ser, a damsel in distress!"

The Knight's eyes grew wide and he placed a gauntleted hand gently on the man's arm, "Speak up gaffer, prithee the damsel's name?"

"Keshta, daughter of Cauldor, House Meric--" the drunkard fumbled in speech. Ser Imass picked it up with a question, "Where?"

"Pray pardon me, none knows where the nonpariel lays," The drunk merchant took another swig,

"Thankye kindly gaffer, but I must attend to duty," Ser Imass said as he took off bolting towards the Windmount stables.

"Verily, good morrow!"

The Akalak Knight had wasted enough time parading the colors; he would find another knight to cover him. He saw a squire walking by obviously on some free time. He shoved the banner in his hands, "I be Ser Imass, come to my quarters after I return and I will give you a few silver for finishing my patrol. It’s only until the end of the bell and nothing is likely to happen. Can I entrust you with this duty no matter what?"

The squire firmly nodded, "On my honor!"

"Excellent, come get the silver when I am back, I promise!" Ser Imass turned and started to sprint towards the stables which where only one hundred yards away. Moving his arms quickly and picking up his feet, the Knight was actually able to sprint at full speed short distances. The clangor and sound of the armor made everyone get out of his way.

Ser Imass needed to get to the stables quickly and mount up. Everyone would want to ride out to save her. The Akalak knew well that all the others knights in the vicinity would be debating already when he got there, so he needed to mount immediately if he stood a chance to obtain honor. Every young knight in the city would be chasing after her, all seeking the glory of saving a damsel in distress. Ser Imass knew this fact well. This opportunities where rare. As a devote worshiper of Tyveth, Ser Imass was not going to let this Act of Chivalry slip from his grasp to another knight. The competition would be fierce.

Reaching the stables, he could hear several loud voices over yonder at the gates discussing the damsel, "It is my honor to ride out to her, Meric is in my father's company!” a voice said.

"You do not have the wits, you shall get lost yourself, and then who will save you? I shall go, because I am most suited!"

Ser Imass didn't even take the time to listen. He ran into the stables and kicked a half asleep squire, "Fetch me a Destrier boy and give me provisions, I have the copper for it and a tip if your fast!"

The boy jumped up and went to work immediately. Ser Imass saddled the horse.

oocHey I hope this is a good plot set up for why Imass goes out to find you! I wrote more than usual, but I wanted to set the tone and setting of the thread XD
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)