Closed Don't Piss Off a Wizard (Clyde)

Orion gets ambushed while collecting herbs, only to meet an unexpected savior.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Don't Piss Off a Wizard (Clyde)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 4th, 2012, 4:42 am

Orion, 60 Fall, 512 AV

Sometimes you just have a bad day. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, stub your toe, burn your food, lock yourself out of your room, be late to work, get chewed out, so on and so forth until you can finally get to bed and wake up the next day with everything all fresh and new. Well, petch everyone who calls that a bad day. What had started off as a simple expedition to search for basic herbs had taken a horrible turn for the worst.

There were 4 of them, at least that the doctor could see. Which was 4 more than Orion would be able to best. Bandits, demanding his equipment, his money, and they would let him go afterwards. They were full of shyke, and apparently thought Orion was as well. Sure, he hadn't listened to the advice of so many before him. It was so dangerous to go out alone. Stay on the road. Blah blah blah. He still knew that the bandits would kill him and have his stuff no matter how much he cooperated or not. His stubbornness would serve him well occasionally, and he'd have to see if this was one of the cases.

"Well well well, what do we have here! One simple man out in the woods alone. And with a big, scary dagger. Adorable." Orion's gaze shifted from man to man, as he backed slowly to prevent them from surrounding him. The one speaking had seemed to be their leader. He was smaller of stature than the rest, but actually seemed to be capable of formulating plans. The others seemed to be more of the muscles rather than brawn. Still, all of them had blades which could carve the doctor up like a knife through warm butter. He felt quite inadequate with his dagger against his foes, but it was all he had to work with at this time.

"Why don't we just all go our own ways and no one has to get hurt," Orion suggested, sheepishly grinning at their leader. The bandit simply shook his head, waving his blade threateningly. By no one, I mean me. Petch you all. Negotiating wouldn't work though, and he knew it. Orion just needed time to figure out what he should do, but in the end he'd need to rely on luck because truthfully, it was better to be lucky than to be dead.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 4th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Clyde was not really to worried about cutting off the road. Really, there was little that could phase him, that he might run into, especially in the woods around Syliras. Anything dangerous enough to endanger him would likely run into half a dozen knights, which he grudgingly admitted kept most dangerous things out of their little "kingdom." At least enough so that the average man had little to fear.

Though he had no illusion that they did it out of the kindness of their heart. It was out of their own self interest, in wanting to keep their hold on the city, and its inhabitants. Keep them working away at their dull, boring, repetitive, and utterly mundane lives, working away like a good little ant without stepping out of line.

No, he knew the only thing he had to fear running into was the most dangerous of all, humans. People were the only thing even mildly dangerous that would get by. The stupid and disaffected, the ones that were pushed out of Syliras for not being of the right stock and perfect little mindless workers. Those ones could get desperate outside of the walls of Syliras. But even though he knew they were a danger, they were of no concern for him. If he had to, he would scare anyone to bother him off with a bit of reimancy. And if that did not work, a spell to their face would work equally as well to eliminate the threat.

Not exactly like he had to worry about the persons turning him in for being a mage, considering that if he was pushed that far they were likely murderers and thiefs, which were liked almost as much as mages in Syliras.

As he walked along he heard voices. It took him a moment to pick out what they were saying, and he walked into sight of them in mid sentence, going on about robing the other man, who seemed quite concerned for his safety, with his little dagger his only means of defending himself. He almost snorted with derision, at how pointless such a defense was.

He just shook his head, getting a bit annoyed at Syliras, and its knights. Were where they when its citizens needed protection? He knew such a thing would not happen in Ravok. At least not to him. Enough of the unsavory people knew to steer clear of him there, that they would not try to rob him, knowing how he would bring down his retribution.

For a moment the bandits eyes flicked to Clyde, a bit worried about the new entrant, but they quickly calmed down. He understood why, since they did not know him. To them he looked liked a simple man walking along with a wooden staff. His only real protection a guard dog at his side, which was starting to let off a low growl, and tensing up as it bared its teeth... They thought him to be a pushover, someone not to worry about, and so they went back to their robbing unfazed.

Clyde though was getting petched off at the little shyke for brains vermin, who so casually disregarded him. HIM!!! This was another note on the list for why he hated Syliras. They thieves were to afraid of death at the hands of the knights, it emboldened them to much and made them go all or nothing. In Ravok, someone could get robbed and left naked. Here, if you robbed someone, you had to kill them for fear of the knights hearing of it.

Already Clyde was preparing his res, the glistening bright silver liquid began to come out of his body, extruding itself, and began to roll down his form to soak into the ground. Though since he kept it under his clothes, the bits coming from his chest and legs, it was not visible. All that was visible was the bits as it went over the tops of his boots, and dripped down into the ground, to be soaked up by the eager earth.

As he began speaking, he was already pooling up a decent bit of res in a swath under him, letting the res soak in deeper and spread out as he did. At his skill, exuding res was quite easy, even at this content of it.

"See, this is what is wrong with Syliras!" Clyde said, speaking to the man being robbed, instead of the robbers.

"Sure the knights preach on about all they do for you. Oh we help people, we keep the land safe. But were the petch are they when you really need them, when your life is in danger? No the petching were in sight."

He gave the bandits a glare, as his voice slowly raised in volume, as he got ever more annoyed at them. Though one of them had noticed the bright silver substance flowing down around his ankles, and was giving it a puzzled look, as his mulish brain tried to figure it out.

"See this is why I don't trust those knights, they are only there when it is convenient for them. Working away for the common man, which never seems to include you or me, does it?" He asked, talking to the mugging victim once again.

"So why don't the lot of you petch off, before you really tick me off! Cause I am not someone to trifle with, you got that!" By the time he got to this last bit, he was yelling at the bandits leader, giving him a glare...

He could feel his res below him, having soaked in a good bit of the ground... He slowly maneuvered it, pulling in soil and dirt and rock and stone, funneling it into the shape he wanted, swaying his body a bit as he did. So far his magic was not visible above ground to the bandits... But he had it worked up pretty well below, and was ready to collect it and rip it upward as a earthern spike, if any of the fool bandits decided to come at him.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 8th, 2012, 2:12 am

Orion

The doctor was quite surprised as the bandits paused their advance, even if momentarily. He raised an eyebrow, watching the four men as their focus seemed past him at this point. Stupidly lowering his defense, Orion turned and looked to see what they were gawking at, and unexpectedly, there was someone new there. A tall, gangly, brown haired man, stood there, seemingly annoyed by what was happening. The bandits initially seemed disinterested as the newcomer began a rant about the Knights and their lack of visibility in a situation like this. That's fine and all, but I'm kinda of the beaten path.. He shook his head and put his dagger back up as the bandits began to advance on Orion again. "Oh boy..."

When the strange man ordered them to make a hasty exit, however, their leader seemed to have had enough. "Alright," he said, his voice taking on an annoyed tone. "You two, go get this loudmouth petcher. We can handle this useless man with the dagger." Orion found himself backed against a tree, ready to futilely strike out at whoever approached him. It was really more of a tool than a weapon, the dagger was. Yet it was all he had, so he'd have to make due.

Two of the slower thinking bandits turned their focus on the brown haired man, their wicked blades catching a bit of sunlight as they advanced on him. "We're gonna cut you and your pretty doggy up. I hope yous don't mind. But I really hope you've got some nice stuff. Haven't got a good haul in several days."

Orion, meanwhile, found himself sliding around the tree to try and get away from the men trying to rob and likely injure them. "This just isn't my day," he muttered, looking for a route he could escape quickly. It would be better to get lost in these woods again than die, right?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 8th, 2012, 3:16 am

Clyde was under the surface of the dirt... Flowing around, feeling the soil as he sifted it and engulfed it, flowing through it like it was water, while in actuality he was a substance much like water only more alive... Interacting with the dirt and calling it to him, as he vibrated and let out a call to it asking it to join him and gather with him... To be guided by the path he chose...

Except he was not... He was above the ground, standing there looking at these fool bandits, a smile coming over his face as the immense pleasure spread through him, the same pleasure he always felt as he used his djed, and did some great work of magic... This was only the beginning, and he could already hear his djed calling to him, urging him to do more, while at the same time another voice in his head which usually was urging him to cast magic had grown quiet, a smug grin in its oddly absent voice... Only by his own will did he keep things in check, reminding himself not to go to far... There was more pleasure to be had, but it would be a waste to do to much...

By his will, he controlled his res, an extension of himself and yet also himself, flowing and swimming through the ground... He raised one hand to chest height, and swirled it once or twice like he was mixing a drink, and could feel the thrum of the earth as it responded, and the ground before him was filled with him... When the first one was about 10 feet away from him, he suddenly lifted his hand straight up from the ground, willing the specific chunk of earth that was imbibed with his will to do the same, shaping it as it ascended into a long lethal spike.

It only took a moment, faster than the first bandit could even realize what was going on, before a spike of earth came sprouting up out of the ground... For half a moment it was just a short spike, a foot out of the ground, merging with it... But then it kept coming, and in rapid order forced its way out elongating, as it pushed its way into the bandits gut, and kept going, like a spear going upward to skewer the man, until finally it came popping out of his back to the sound of breaking ribs.

The mans face suddenly became one of shock, before he drooped and slumped all of his limbs, as blood came pouring out of his chest wound that tore right through him, along with more blood bubbling out of his mouth... In fact, the only thing holding him up at this moment, and keeping him from collapsing to the earth was the spike of earth taller than him that was skewering right through him... A spike through him that had been manipulated and hardened by Clyde's reimancy.

Bringing his raised hand down back to chest level, he swiveled his stare to meet the second bandit, who was just now realizing what was going on, and a hint of panic was coming over him.

Facing the bandit that had spoken to Clyde, he smiled an evil grin, and spoke to him. "Actually, I would mind, if you tried to cut me or my dog up. Now I am going to kill you, slowly and painfully. If you would not mind."

Raising both hands up to shoulder height, a twin pair of earth rose out of the res infused earth, slowly rotating and shaping themselves into earthen spikes, with the pointed ends facing the bandit. These ones were not as long or big, but each was at least a good 2 foot long. Suddenly Clyde took a step forward with his right foot, and thrust both hands forward toward the bandit. Clyde used the gesture to move the spikes, and both of them hurtled through the air coming in right at the bandit.

These ones were soaked in his res, and he controlled them with slight movements of his hands. As the bandit moved to jump to the side, Clyde moved his hands to, changing the trajectory of them by a bit. It was quite easy for him really, since the bandit was still close enough for the res to be in his area of total control. He had not even had to transmute any of his res into earth yet. All he had done was use earth attraction to manipulate and control he earth. Which was much easier and much less djed costly. He was not even tired yet.

One of the spikes grazed the mans arm holding his weapon, and it dropped from his grip. The other caught him much cleaner, going right into his thigh, piercing into the flesh, and coming out of the back of his thigh, luckily without hitting any bones. But even still, it had wreaked a decent bit of damage, and pain, as blood began to gush out of the wound, and the man let out a howl of pain.

"Now, what was I saying before I was interrupted? Oh yeah, why don't you all petch off, before I really get mad?"

This time his voice was in a normal speaking tone, unlike the last time he had said it and had been yelling... But for some odd reason, this time was much scarier and more intimidating... Maybe it had something to do with his demonstration of reimancy?
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 8th, 2012, 8:35 am

Orion

A display unlike anything Orion had ever seen in his life was put before him. Was this magic? Was this reimancy? Masterful manipulation of the earth before them, which caused massive, sharp, but mostly deadly spikes to burst forth from the ground, impaling a man upon the jagged spire. The blood showered forth from the force of the impact, that first bandit dying before he knew what hit him. Orion had turned to watch the man work his power, and the other two bandits had frozen in place. Though as Orion viewed the unbelievable feat, it wasn't like he was capable of moving either. He was paralyzed with fear.

The second man was probably less lucky than the first. At least the first man had a quick death. Now it appeared this unexpected mage was ready to toy with the man who had made threats upon him and his canine companion. One powerful spike disarmed the man, and a second pierced his leg, sending him crumbling to the ground in a wail of pain. With that second order to leave, the two unharmed bandits didn't feel the need to wait around for a third time. Turning tail, they took off as fast as they could, deep into the forest of the Bronze Woods. Orion, on the other than, still hadn't regained his composure. The blue eyed man simply stood there gawking, stunned by the skills which had been shown and amazed by the ease of which they were used.

Wide eyed, the remaining bandit clutched futilely at the wound, trying to do anything to stop the intense pain coursing through his leg. "Leave me the petch alone!" He screamed. "I'll leave you, your dog, and that petching coward back there alone! Just don't kill me and leave me be!" He pleaded. Orion frowned at his choice of words. C-coward? That's a bit much.. His pride didn't have long to be wounded, but it enjoyed it's brief moment in the sun. The bandit wasn't exactly an eloquent speaker, but it was clear he no longer posed a thread. Orion wasn't so sure about the magic user though. Random earth controlling reimancers usually didn't show up in Syliras, especially out of nowhere in the woods.

Leaving the bandit and the wizard be, Orion slowly slid around the trunk of the tree until it was between him and the scene which was unraveling before him. Slinking down, he tried to make himself as small as possible and hoped that the man would forget him in his quest for the destruction of these bandits. Being unseen was not a strong point in Orion's repertoire, but what else could he do? His legs had left him. Running wasn't really an option for him at this point. His lanky from was packed in as tight to itself as he could get it, but Orion was neither small nor flexible, so his elbows and much of his forearms were sticking out from around the tree. The unusual triangular shapes would give away his location easily.

I shoulda stayed home.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 8th, 2012, 9:02 pm

Clyde felt it, as his flesh absorbed the drizzle of warm blood, as it fell from the mans chest... Who was surely dead, stabbed by a chunk of himself mated with the earth, shaped by will alone... His task was completed, and yet so little of him had been utilized... It almost seemed a shame to go back, without using himself to his full extent... For a moment he considered staying, or wreaking more havoc, chasing these men down and killing them to their last...

But he did not, as a image of a flame flashed through in darkness, and he began to recede, pulling back and slowly flowing back to meet his feet... Flowing up his boots to meet back with his human flesh, being absorbed back in by a process the opposite of extruding res... Recombining what he was, and taking it back... Or at least, most of it... Some of it had been lost... Some due to decay, as always a common way for it to be lost... In this substance he could not live long outside of the vessel of his true body of flesh... Just existing slowly diminished what he was, as he was reabsorbed by the world...

Other bits were lost and spent in spells, as it was used to create the magical reimantic effects, with remnants remaining in the earthen spikes, especially the one impaling the man... All of him was slowly retreating, flowing back into his vessel...

---

Clyde had been standing on top of the earth, as he could feel himself moving below the ground... He had to will himself to come back, as a bit of his mind revolted, and wished to do more, to spend more of his djed, to make a true great display of his magic. But he fought this, meditating and pulling inward, ignoring the bits of himself outside of his body for a moment, as he focused on his common image for meditation, a flickering flame in darkness... He took a moment to focus on it, watching as it moved in an unseen wind, while casting no light or piercing the darkness... Once he was done, he willed his res once more with his mind, exerting force upon it, and feeling it slowly coming back to him.

As he opened his eyes, he let out a sigh... Now that his mind was cooperating, and he had fought off the bit of him that wanted to continue, it would be a bit easier. As it trickled back into him, he truly noticed the ache in his joints and his limbs, as vitality seeped back into them... He could feel it returning, feel as the ache ebbed away, leaving him feeling more normal... Albeit feeling more tired than before, like he could do with a good nap in a few bells. He was also thirsty...

He took out his water skin, and took a quick drink, before placing it away, and letting out another sigh. Only now did the words spoken earlier completely register... As the man had been pleading with him. He simply glared over at him, and shook his head.

"Go. But I better not see you again, or else I wont be so merciful next time."

As the final bits of the res he had soaked into the ground went back into his skin, becoming a part of him once more, he noticed that he was hungry... He looked around, feeling for himself, checking if he had left any more res out... And found one final bit, which was the res that had soaked into the spike that had killed the first bandit.

Clyde walked over to it, and rested his hand on it, and urged the res to come back to him... It slowly trickled its way up, soaking into his hand, the final bits of himself regained, of what had not been lost. As he went to take a step away, the spike finally gave way to the mans weight which was slumped upon it. Without the last of his res to fortify and control it, and keep it shaped, it gave way, the bottom of the spike snapping off were it met with the ground.

As he fell, he crumpled to the ground with a thud, and the tip poking out of his back broke off also, as it struck the surface of the ground. It was a good reminder to him, to be careful when crafting things of earth and reimancy... While it might look stable, if it was not well made and structured, so as to hold its on weight, and whatever was on it, it would not stand for long after he had stopped exerting his will upon it.

He would have to especially recall that if he ever made a structure... By its own this spike would have held, it was better crafted than his earlier attempts... But he had not factored in the weight of the man, and fortified it and propped it up sufficiently...

Though really, he had not initially meant to kill the man... Perhaps that had been a bit much... But he had gotten caught up in the flow of djed, and anger, and had killed him in his passion... But no point in worrying over it now.

Done with his res, he began to walk over to the man who had been being robbed, seeing the man who had been injured, and was still struggling to get away, but was still in sight. He came around to see the man, after noticing his arm sticking out, and looking down at him.

"So whats your name? And I am Clyde by the way... So what the petch are you doing out here, anyways? And do you have anything to eat? I am a bit peckish after that."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 11th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Orion

There was silence, save for the pained moans of the injured man. The other bandits had since bailed on their companion, leaving him to fend for himself, despite his injury. Orion couldn't blame them. If he were in the same situation, he'd likely be running off, too. If he wouldn't piss himself from fear should he try. But back to that silence. It was possibly more terrifying than the scene he'd watched. He couldn't tell where the wizard was, or what he was doing. Would there be more res? Another show of his might?

The doctor nearly jumped when the mage spoke. It was quite surprising that he would let the man go, but perhaps the scars, both mental and physical, would teach the bandit a lesson. Or maybe he was just bored. Orion imagined power could do that to someone. Having the ability to crush those who opposed you, or even those who were just there, it was something to think about it.

The injured bandit slowly crawled over to a fairly stable looking stick, slowly pulling himself up with the aid of the makeshift crutch. Blood spilled forth from the hole in his leg, the muscle badly mangled from the terrible spike which was driven through him.

Orion's focus was brought back as he heard the sound of a movement bother than the dragging of an injured man. The pattering against the grass, the occasional broken twig, and worst of all, it was getting closer. This is where it ends. Oh by the gods, please someone save me. I just wanted some herbs! Is that too much to ask? Maybe I should avoid this petching forest.

He jumped up to a standing position when he was spoken to, a shocked expression overtaking the terrified one. "F-f-food?" He took off his pack and dug into it frantically. This man could take all of his stuff if he wanted. "H-here! It's just some rations, so they probably don't taste well, but i-i-it's all yours." He produced a small container and handed it over, his hands visibly shaking. It was to be expected, Orion had never actually seen someone use reimancy, so it was a terrible jolt to his system. "Oh, my name! It's Orion. I-I was just searching for herbs. I'm a d-doctor, you see, and I was just trying to find some plants I could take back and use to help people out. Save a copper or two on buying them, you know?" He laughed nervously after stammering through a short rambling speech.

Orion took a deep breath and looked at the reimancer, uncertainty in his eyes. "I...well..you...you're not going to kill me, are you?"

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 11th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Really, Clyde had no reason to finish off the last man. He was not a murderer, and killing him now would be murder. He only killed if he had to. And this man would not be causing him any more trouble. In fact, he might actually be helpful, in that he would tell others of what he had done, and keep other bandits from stupidly trying to go after him also. By saving one, he saved many more from dying at his hands, which really he did not like doing.

Killing was always unsettling for him, though he tried to see it from a realistic view, as something he had to do... If he had not taken the life, he would be dead now... And him dying was not what was going to happen. It was not Rhysol's will... If it was, he would have been finished off well before now.

If nothing else, he was a bit aggravated and offended by the way the man reacted to him, once he came over. He had just saved his life, literally, from half a dozen armed bandits. He would have been dead in chimes, his body cooling in a bell, and yet was he thankful for him? No, he was a ungrateful little lout, who was all to quick to turn on the mage once he saw the threat was passed. He acted like he was a raving lunatic waving around a bloody knife in his face, when he was being quite nice, especially considering everything.

Clyde took a moment to look at the last man. He had obviously been abandoned by his friends, or coworkers, depending on how you looked at it. Fearing for there own life. At least he did not have to worry about any of them telling of what had happened. They would not tell the knights, for fear of getting killed themselves. And they would probably tell others of the horror of what had happened, exaggerating the tale in its retelling to make them sound like less of a coward, and to have been through a worse ordeal.

"You know, that is just rude. I just saved your life, and you are acting like I threatened to kill you to. I am not some lowly brigand like those fellows, trying to steal from you. I was simply asking in passing if you had a bite on you."

Saying that, he ignored the food the man had shown him, turning to look around, bending down and petting Rye's head quickly. He still felt kind of tired... Not like he had pushed to far... He still had some oil in the cask, but he was running on low... And he did not like to think what would have happened if he had still been casting when the last of the metaphorical oil was used.

He looked over at the man... Orion? Who apparently was a doctor of sorts. Looking for herbs to save a copper miza. Not the smartest thing to do.

"Well, I hope you learned your lesson, coming out here alone like this, just to save a copper, about getting yourself killed? What did you think, a bunch of knights would come in to save the day, ready and waiting to serve and protect? No such luck buddy, that's not their job. Outside the walls, your on your own."

When he asked him if Clyde was going to kill him, Clyde just frowned. How rude!

"If I wanted you dead, you'd already be dead. I just saved your petching life you, you could at least say thanks. Not accuse me of being a murderer. Do I look like I go around just randomly killing folks? I am not a bandit or a murderer. I defended myself and you, from a bunch of murders and bandits. I did not go out of my way to look for a fight. It came to me. Just because I used magic, does not make that any less true. Would you be acting like this if I had come in with a sword and fought them off?"

Clyde glared at him, clearly a bit peeved at the reaction the man was having, after what he had done for him.

"Or would you have preferred if I just went on my merry way, like all the knights would, and let you get robbed and hacked to bits?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 13th, 2012, 5:33 pm

Orion

Well that was no good. It seemed that his every action, every word, and even every thought offended the reimancer. Not the person he'd wanted to upset, but he was shaken up and unsure how to act around someone who'd just driven a spire of earth through a bandit. "I-I'm sorry. I just. That is. Uhh. A little overwhelmed right now." He took a deep breath, trying to calm down and make some sense. "I mean, thanks. I'd be done for if not for your apperance. I've just never viewed a show of reimancy like that before. It was...intense." Orion could still hear the screams of agony from the bandits, see the arrogance turn to fear, and watch the life fade from their eyes.

"It wasn't literally a copper, but yeah, I get your point. I can't say I expected bandits so close to the city." He slowly stood up, his legs still slightly trembling. Just because the man said he wasn't going to hurt him, well, call Orion a worrier, but random wizards in the woods weren't something he could say he was comfortable with. "So again, thank you. I don't think I'm going to come out here on my own again. Every time I do something crazy happens, I swear. I'm terribly sorry to have offended you." He swallowed hard, taking his rations back at the mage's refusal of them. "If..if you should ever find yourself injured at all, please, look me up at the Soothing Waters. I'll treat you no charge as thanks. It's the least I can do." The doctor chuckled, putting his pack back on. "No, it's about the only thing I can do." A very specialized skill set left little options for the doc. He'd been initiated into the powers of reimancy, but the fear of overgiving had really scared him away.

"If it isn't too inappropriate for me to ask you, what has you out in the woods?" Was it crazy to ask a roaming wizard that? Orion wasn't one to think before speaking most of the time, so he would find out.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 13th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Already Clyde was beginning to calm down a bit, after he had let off a bit of steam blustering at the man... Best really if he kept his temper in control, and not out of hand, lest he estranged him... He could be a possible ally, best not to go about burning his bridges. Although really, the man already owed him his life... What more could he expect? He already owed Clyde a great debt.

He just shook his head, as the man made a lame excuse... A bit overwhelmed... All he had done was sit there in fear and hide, while Clyde did all the work! He did not even try to help, just cowered. He really was getting a bit annoyed at some of these ungrateful people, who seemed happy enough in the moment to be saved by a mage, and to be alive, but as soon as they had a moment to gather themselves, they were against the wizard and what he could do.

Clyde himself was living through his own unpleasant reminder of the men... Why the petch would they never leave him alone? Why did they always feel the need to go after him, and petching run at him like a lemming off a cliff? Doomed to die, with their eyes wide open, surprised when the end came sharp and quick at the jagged bottom of the rocky spire...

Clyde simply smiled at the man, as he acknowledged what Clyde had said, and said he would not be so foolish again, and make such a deadly mistake. A sudden thought came into his mind, as he said this, wondering if he should... Perhaps... Well, he would think more on it later, and decide.

"Ah, I am starting to get used to it, it seems everyone is rude to wizards, just because we are different and can do what most cannot. They are happy enough when it is of use to them, but not so when the need passes."

Clyde just stared for a bit, as he offered to mend Clyde, should he ever need it... Which is his line of work was a good possibility... But then again, he likely would not be staying in Syliras long. He nodded when Orion said it, accepting it in a way, but not really going in depth on it. There really was little to say in this instance...

Though then he was on with another question, trying to find out more about Clyde. He let out a short sigh, deciding what exactly to say in response.

Finally, he just grinned for a bit, and decided to answer him, with a honest answer... Sort of...

"Why am I in the woods? To move through them, to my destination. These woods hold many things, beyond just beasts and men. Though really, it is nice to get away from Syliras, and its confining castle walls. I prefer really to stay outside. As you might have guessed, me and the knights are not the closest of friends... Especially with what I do. I obviously cannot do such things around them, or inside."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next