Closed [Malfazar's Beer Hut] So We Meet Again [Clyde]

Clyde and Lunae meet again... Unexpectedly.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Malfazar's Beer Hut] So We Meet Again [Clyde]

Postby Lunae on November 7th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Time Stamp - 6th of Fall 512 AV

Lunae was huddled in a chair farthest from the hut's lovely and inviting fireplace. She still couldn't get the blazing flames out of her mind in the wooded area not far from here. It was midday, so she didn't sport her horns or cobalt colored eyes, but that didn't make Lunae any less noticeable to anyone that has seen her before.

Her lovely cloak that kept her warm this past year was frayed and singed horridly across the entirety of it's hems. The dagger she normally hid within her cloak was placed in its sheath on the table, close to her left hand, just in case someone remembered her from last season.

She coughed and wheezed. It wasn't the air or the stuffiness in this building, it was something else. Something deep in her body that just wouldn't let go. She felt it most of the past year, but mostly when she caused that hellish blaze a little while back.

The Eth tried not to make herself noticeable, not wanting to draw attention to herself, but that was probably already doing it on it's own. No one seemed to acknowledge her presence though, not even the bar wenches.

So far, so good. She grimaced, feeling parched, but without any sort of hard currency on her being, she couldn't really purchase a drink.
OOC:
Lunae
Forsaken Daughter of Leth
Lunae
Player

Words: 21331
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 7th, 2012, 6:37 pm

It ws just another day of practice and training to Clyde. Trying to get that last bit of work in before he left the city... Trying to work on that one more skill, get a bit better, to get the edge were it might save him later... But he had not yet decided on what to do today.

As he walked into the ramshackle tavern outside of Ravok, he had decided to get a quick drink before heading further out, were he could be alone more or less to work on whatever he chose. He had his pack with him as always, and he order Rye to "stay" as he walked inside, having him wait by the door... Besides that it was just him and his constant companion of his staff. He had kept it with him ever since he got it, and it was one of the few constant and familiar features to his life.

As he came in and sat at a table, he ordered a ale from the barmaid as she passed, and looked around once just to assess the room... But he did not see anything or anyone important, and did not recognize anyone he knew.

Even if he had known to look at the girl sitting by herself, and been told that he knew her... Even if that had happened, he would not have known were to place him, which would have been odd for him. He was good at recalling faces, even if not names of everyone he met, and knew if he knew them. Of course, though he had met this girl, it had not been while she was wearing this face. And without the different face, and its horns, he would have been hard pressed to have noticed this girl he had never met, as far as he could tell.

As it was, he had no way of noticing her, or recognizing her. He had no reason to investigate her further, not when she and he were both minding their own business, and he had plans for the day... Maybe work on his engraving skill? Always useful... Or a bit on his earth reimancy... There were a few things he had not quite tried with it yet, a few odd bits and experiments...

As he tried to mull the thoughts over and decide, the barmaid returned and delivered his ale. He took a sip of it as she walked off, and slowly nursed at the ale.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lunae on November 7th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Lunae recognized the man walking in. Her eyes narrowed as the memories resurfaced. The Eth couldn't recall his name, but she did remember what he did to her. Gripping the table's edge, trying to calm herself down before she did something entirely wrong and most likely get her killed. Her knuckles turned that white shade of bone that didn't seem possible before a coughing fit racked her body.

Releasing the table Lunae leaned forward coughing hard. Her whole body trembling and shaking with each wheezing cough. Once she finished grimaced and made herself stand up and walk the few feet between tables and chairs before she stood behind the man, “Sorry to bother you. Could I perchance bother you for a drink?” Lunae knew she could have asked anyone else in the Hut, and they would most likely turn her away, but she had a nagging feeling that she could ask this man who would then recognize her and maybe get the chance to confront him about what happened.

Doubtful she could spark his memory so she sighed, without awaiting his answer and turned, “Never mind my asking. I will find a drink elsewhere.” She could feel the gaze of the wenches and some of the various bar occupants.

She walked towards her table, swiped up her sheathed dagger before turning towards the door. As the frail lady busied herself with equipping the old dull piece of metal and leather casing to her broad belt the worn hood of her cloak fell to her shoulders. Her eyes directed down towards her waistline, both her hands could be seen within her cloak fidgeting a bit before she finished and reached for her hood. Shivering a little and stifling what would seem to be another coughing fit before she did her best to hurry off towards the establishment's door, pausing once more at Clyde's table, “Again I am sorry I bothered you. I thought I remember you from... Before.” The word 'before' came out like she was biting back the acidic after taste of a foul memory.
OOC:
Lunae
Lunae
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 8th, 2012, 1:00 am

As he sat there drinking at his ale, he wondered what was the matter with the woman, who seemed about ready to cough up her own lungs. She was really going at it. He wondered if possibly she was sick, and was thankful she was sitting a goodly bit away from him. Though really, people should not go out in public like that, so that they could go around getting others sick. What kind of sadistic person did that?

He was sitting there sipping at his ale though, when she decided to come over to him? Really, what the petch! Did he looked like he wanted to catch whatever she had? Then she had the audacity to ask him for a drink! Him. Perhaps it had been in a different tavern, but still, considering the last time someone had tried to hit him up for an ale, admittedly in a much ruder and more threatening way, it had ended with him setting the mans eyebrows on fire.

He would have thought that after that, word would have gotten around, and people would leave him the petch alone and not try and beg a drink off of him, even if it was in a less rude way. But apparently some people just did not learn.

But before he could even respond to her, she just said never mind, and wandered off again. What the petch was this woman on? He was seriously starting to get ticked off by her and her antics, after all she was a total stranger.

She went back to her table and gathered her dagger, putting it on, fighting off another coughing hack. Only for her to stop at him again on the way out. He was getting ready to flip out at her, bugging him like she was, his staff gripped tightly in his one hand.

"Before? Woman, I have never met you before. I think I would remember you if I had seen you before. Certainly someone rude enough to go up to a total stranger asking for a drink, without even either knowing the either ones name. What is your issue? For you seem to have something wrong with you, by that cough if nothing else, sitting there spreading your sickness in public for all."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lunae on November 9th, 2012, 7:04 pm

"Before? Woman, I have never met you before. I think I would remember you if I had seen you before. Certainly someone rude enough to go up to a total stranger asking for a drink, without even either knowing the either ones name. What is your issue? For you seem to have something wrong with you, by that cough if nothing else, sitting there spreading your sickness in public for all."

The Eth paused in her heading out the door and turned back towards the man sitting there, “I do know your name... Clyde.” Her words were all but a whisper in the din of noises. Lunae struggled to keep another fit of coughing back, “And it is only but a cough. No illness to be found. Had it for sometime now though. A real nagging feeling. It's been there since winter of last.” The Daughter of Leth leaned against Clyde's table next to him with one hand, the other keeping the singed cloak shut around her.

“Do I need to remind you of the Daughter of Leth that you left laying on that cold, frozen, winter ground after you brutally molested her before her father's own eyes?” Again Lunae whispered this time it sounded hoarse and struggled, like the coughing fits she was holding back were threatening to claw themselves outward. She leaned in a little more, “Or do you truly remember it and just feign ignorance for the sake of it?” The Eth fell silent and stood straighter, her eyes seen under the cloak's hood with a burning anger that was dimmed only be the concentration the Ethaefal used to keep from coughing again.

“I could really use a drink if you don't mind, Clyde. I would assume you wouldn't mind proffering a drink to someone of your past? Acquaintances or otherwise.” Lunae's words sounded calculated, almost hinting at the anger in her eyes. It was as if her body and eyes were saying that she wouldn't mind letting out what she felt was the truth of what happened last Winter.

OOC:
Lunae
Lunae
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 9th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Clyde just glared at the girl, as she said his name. Really, it was not that impressive for her to know it, heck even the barmaid and barkeeper knew it. It was more of anything just annoying, that she seemed to be responding very smart mouthed, along with being rude. Which ticked him off a bit.

He simply gave her a glare as she came back and leaned on his table, talking some nonsense that he could care less about, about her cough and feeling ill.

However, her mentioning of Leth, and calling herself a daughter of Leth... Who was it that had called herself that? He could not recall her name, but he did remember some horned lady whining about the God ditching her, and her unhappily ending up here.

The same lady who she seemed to be mentioning, though she seemed to have been rather badly informed of the occurrence. It certainly had not gone down like she was trying to say. That lady had been lucky to have been left alive, he could have killed her so easily. By all rights, he should have killed her, for all that she did. It was only due to his amazing mercy, fortitude, and strength of will, that she had lived. Though he did not see what it had to do with this woman.

"Excuse me, but you have been terribly misinformed, as that tale is nothing but lies. Yes I did leave her alone, after something that she caused and created occurred. Something that if she had just well enough alone, and left me alone and listened to me, would not have happened. It was her fault. And if I had not left, I can assure you she would not lived to see the sun again, she would have died right that moment, after what she did to me. It was only due to my mercy and strength that I ripped myself away from her, and did not bring about the justice in her death that I deserved."

Clyde stood up from the table, raising his voice, and slamming his staff down to a loud thud on the ground, not caring if everyone heard what he said. Enough of them had seen what he could do, and knew of his strength enough that they did not rise, and kept to their drinks. The barmaid skirting a good 5 feet wide of him, without meeting his eyes, but still serving drinks. By know he was about yelling at the girl.

"I told her to leave me alone, after she ripped away a piece of my essence, and stole it from me. How did I react then? Did I strike her down then as I should have? No, I left, telling her to leave me be. And what did she do! She petching followed me. I knew that after that pain and injury, I would have trouble keeping control. So rather than kill her and rage away, I left. And she followed me. I warned her time and time again to leave me alone, I even told her what would happen! I warned her! I warned her exactly what would happen, the injury that would befall her, the pain and that i could not stop it if she kept on."

By know Clyde was becoming red in the face, from a mixture of rage and shortness of breath. This woman, so galling.

"And did she listen then? After the warnings? No, she kept on chasing me, calling me a liar, chased me down and grabbed me, and ripped away stealing more of my djed and being. What did I do then? Instinct. I had warned her what would happen, and then my rage and instinct took over, and I lashed back at her, as any cornered animal would. I warned her what would happen and she did not listen. She has no one to blame but herself!"

"And after it was said and done, a bit of my res had affected her, opening the same door that allowed me to create it in the first place. I left. Left rather than kill her. For I knew that if I did not take every ounce of strength I had, and used it to walk away from her, she would die right then. Die for what she had done, and forced me to do. She was to blame, not me. You cannot say one thing I could have done differently to make the outcome change, besides killing her. And yet I can name over a dozen that she could have done, to change the ending."

Finally done, he slammed back into his seat, glaring at the woman, fighting the urge to throw a bolt of fire in her face, and chase her away.

"So no I will not get you a drink, just because you were sent by that idiot horned woman, who has no one to blame but herself. No one, most especially not me. You will not guilt me into anything, when I have done nothing wrong. So go back to her and tell her what I said, now that you know the truth of what happened, now that she can do as I. If anyone profited from our exchange, it was her, for gaining that ability, which many people would pay a great deal for."

His free left hand was twitching a bit, as he fought the urge to use it to strangle the petching woman, balling it into a fist and slamming it once on the table.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lunae on November 14th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Lunae watched as the man ranted and raved about how she caused him to do what he did. It was hard for her to not get angry at him as his increasing temper and choice of words were consistently increasing her rage within as it was him. Seeing the man's face turn red she was almost ready to turn tail and bolt, but she forced herself to sit the rest of his rant out. It was justice that she wanted to serve and the answers she so desperately wanted. It wasn't until the very end that Lunae couldn't hold her anger anymore.
So no I will not get you a drink, just because you were sent by that idiot horned woman, who has no one to blame but herself. No one, most especially not me. You will not guilt me into anything, when I have done nothing wrong. So go back to her and tell her what I said, now that you know the truth of what happened, now that she can do as I. If anyone profited from our exchange, it was her, for gaining that ability, which many people would pay a great deal for.

“Did nothing wrong! You are telling me that you did nothing wrong! You left me to petching rot after you violated me with whatever you did!” She snarled and slammed her hands down against his table, palms flat, “Don't you dare tell me that you did nothing wrong! I was there! Open you eyes Clyde, it was me that you left there with no answers as to what happened! As to the hell that was brought upon me! My doing or otherwise, you have your own part to fess up to!”

Lunae huffed and then growled, “Profited from? I spent the last near year dealing with the horrifying thoughts that I was violated in ways I can't take back! I was, as a matter of fact, but that isn't the point. The point is you left after almost killing me with nothing in the way of answers. All I wanted was bloody answers.”

She snorted at the paying remark, “People pay for this? Take it back! I rather be without. It hurts!” The anger disappeared from her voice as she spoke, replaced with pain echoing each word.
OOC:
Lunae
Lunae
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 14th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Clyde just glared at the woman, as he sat himself down, fuming. If she had been smart, she would have left well enough alone... She would have been wise to leave right then and cut her losses, get out before she got him really petching mad... But of course, she did not do that. She just had to go on, and keep poking the dire bear in the belly, wondering what was going to happen, and angry when it ripped her head off. What a petching idiot woman, Clyde thought to himself.

As the woman responded to Clyde's words, the barmaid flinched, realizing what had just happened, and hoping to petch the mage was not going to flip out worse than ever before, and burn the entire place to the ground. She wondered why the Stryfe put up with the mage, and his anger... Though he was a student at the Institute, or something like that, so maybe he did something for them, and was under their protection. And so far he had not really caused any real damage to the place, and had kept his flares of reimancy down to a minimum, or directed at the people who caused the issues with him. But really, was he just a magnet for jerks and people who set him off?

Clyde's anger rose once again, as the woman responded to him. But it was also mixed with confusion. Was she saying she was that same Ethaefal? Which made no sense, she was a completely different person, not that horned lady... But she did seem to know a good bit about what had occurred, and seemed just as stupid and prone to causing trouble and getting him riled up. Who else but the woman who had pushed him as far as last time, could do so again, and make him do something he would regret.

"Maybe your ears don't work, or you are slow, but I think you clearly heard what I said! And what nonsense are you talking about, being that woman. She was a lady with big horns on her head, not a human. I think I can tell the difference, when people look that different from before and now. I doubt you changed that much, or became some master shifter that can walk around in others forms, and then is foolish enough to go out and tell people about it."

"And if you had listened, you would have heard what I petching just said, which was telling you the petch WHY I left her there to rot. Because if I had stayed one moment longer, and not forced myself to leave, she would have had a fireball thrown down her throat. I would have lost all semblance of control, and killed her right there and then. Only by my great withholding did she not die. So then, are you saying what you would preferred for me to do, what would have been better, was for me to kill her? She might have magic in her blood or some such nonsense, but a fireball down your throat, or a earth spike through your head would probably kill her the same as any other person. Are you really fool enough to say that, and say that I should have stayed and killed her!"

"I have nothing to petching fess up for. My choices were to let instinct take over, and to kill her dead right on the spot, or to leave right then and fight my instinct, and the djed in my bones and blood urging me to finish the job, and boil out her insides with a cleansing flame. Maybe if you listened through those holes in the side of your head, you would have heard it the last time I said it!"

By now Clyde was towering into a rage once more, and getting quite mad, back on his feet, staff in hand, clenching it a bit to tight really for comfort, but it was that or grinding his teeth.

Clyde just glared at her, at her gibbering words, so nonsensical, and so full of ignorance and untruth.

"Yes she profited, I gave her a new skill, don't lie and tell me I did not. I felt the power of it, felt it from the inside, felt as a part of me opened up the natural blockage in her vessel, and made it possible to do what I had done. Some people would kill for access to such magic, to be able to do as I, and many have. Do not feign ignorance, you of all people know what I can do, and what she can to an extent."

"And maybe she would have answers, if she came here herself, and asked nicely, instead of accusingly, and with anger. Maybe if she showed a bit of humility and saw that it was her fault, and she had wrought it all, and asked me nicely to explain, then I would. But not through a messenger, and especially not one as rude as you are."

Clyde glared at her, as she spoke of pain. What the petch was she talking about? Pain from reimancy? There was the initial pain of initiation, which was great, but there was no pain after that. What the petch was she talking about, and what was wrong with her?

"And she misinformed you then, reimancy is not pain. It is at first, but then when that fades after the initial bit, it is not painful to hold or have. If she is in pain, she is so from something else she has done, or some other wrong she has in her. Some other magic she is doing. But not reimancy. It is not painful in that way, unless you do to much. And magic is a doorway. Once you walk through it, there is no going back. It has been opened, she can never close the door."

Clyde turned on the woman, and headed for the door, taking one glance over her shoulder, before walking out.

"And if you are her, then that means you can do reimancy. If you are who you say you are, then prove it! Do some! Otherwise, leave me be. Maybe if she asks nicely, I will explain to her the questions, but not until I get an apology, and a kindly phrased question."

With that Clyde stalked out of the door, to the relief of a few of the patrons, and especially the barmaid, and the owner. They had survived another of the mages rages, without being burned down.

Though had Clyde actually just told the woman to do reimancy, to show him? Surely that would not end well, regardless. Either way, the ball was now in the woman's hands, not Clyde's. It was up to her to make the next move.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lunae on November 14th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Lunae could feel the anger boiling away as he kept prodding her into something she didn't want to do, it was a painful experience for the poor Ethaefal to deal with, but if he wanted proof, she'd give it to him. “Fine... I will show you.” Lunae looked down at the candle sitting on the table and started to concentrate, watching the flickering movements of the flame's dance with ever jostle that Clyde and Lunae have given it. She knew she couldn't conjure enough Res up for an attack, but she could take and at least prove that she could indeed to Reimancy.

Dance for me... She could feel the energy tossing and turning in her stomach before boiling itself up through her throat and start the slow and slightly aching, process of pushing itself out from between her lips. Sea foam green colored mist rolled out from her lips, like the sea's tide ebbing and flowing against the shoreline. The mist kept tugging inward and then flowing outward. Lunae's body tried to grasp at the escaping Res in a response to it trying to leave, but the Eth forced herself to concentrate on the flame, small and tiny as it was, and the mist that was trickling across the table top towards the candle.

The ebb and flow at this point was barely noticeable as she finally shut her mouth, breathing now through her nose as the mist crept up the small candle's stub of wax and made contact with the flame. The green colored mist was to quick to catch fire, like an alcohol soaked rag does when a person takes a flint and steel to it. The flame dragged itself down the stub, melting a path down it's side and across the table, spreading out slowly to the left and right, the mist having spread itself outward in a wedge like shape, ending several inches from the edge of the table in front of Lunae. The flame followed suit, but Lunae now was ignoring the flame's growth as she stared at Clyde.

“Doubt me now and wait until nightfall. I shall show you then that I am the 'horned lady' you met before. My kind shifts only when the proper god is in the air. I am a Daughter of Leth.” She growled and then stood abruptly and fled the establishment, ignoring the wedge shaped flame on the table top, people finally looking at the two, seeing the growing flame.

I should have picked the candle up, directed it towards him and then did it. Once outside of the establishment did she feel the effect of her body tugging back at the Res, it ached immensely and the Eth forced herself to ignore the pain until she was far enough from the hut to settle herself on the damp ground.
Lunae
Lunae
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 14th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Clyde was busy storming out, when the girl spoke, "Fine I will show you..." He turned back on his way out the door, to see what she was talking about. At first nothing seemed to be happening, and he simply continued to glare at her, standing in the doorway.

It seemed like nothing was going to happen, so he was about to leave, but he decided to humor her for a chime or two, just to see. Of course, now that he ad said it, his way of proving things was not really absolute. What if she was already a reimancer. It was possible for her to not be the girl, and to be a reimancer still... So any show she did would really prove little, except that she was a reimancer. Might the horned woman have sent a reimancer? It seemed unlikely, but not as unlikely as all this girl claimed.

He watched a bit surprised as a odd green mist began to come forth from her mouth, as she breathed it out in a puff of air and res. Clyde new quite well what it was, and could feel the tingle of magic on the air, as it thrummed across his aura.

He saw as she fed the res into the flames, feeding it and giving it strength... But after she gave it all the energy she did, it grew out of control. She had used all of her res to feed it, not to structure it as a wise reimancer did, or to even manipulate it. It had given the flame a chance to break free from its bondage, and spread out and devour as the fire licked across the table... It fed and grew like a hungry beast.

He took a step back inside, res billowing off of his body like a cloud. Compared to her pitiful use of res and reimancy, it seemed a amazing amount, as his flesh extruded it. Gouts came quickly out of his hands and mouth, and a smaller trickle came off of his flesh, rising into the air as a bright silvery mist to settle into a cloud above the table she had set aflame. He could feel the gentle tingle of pleasure and a sweet taste come across his tongue as he worked his djed and prepared for his reimancy.

He half listened as she talked of waiting till nightfall, to prove it for sure, but he did not care. He was not going to let some other petching mage burn down this place, were he came. If someone was going to burn it down, it would be him! But he certainly was not going to let someone else do so, especially right now when he was more or less fond of the place.

Then she was spouting something about shifting with the gods of the air, and how her kind changed form when theirs was in the sky. He half listened, as he glared at the girl, controlling his res with his will, to form above the table.

He half listened, as he swirled his hands in a circular pattern, the cloud of res forming into a spinning vortex. As he did, he began the pull of elemental attraction through the res, sucking it up off the table. As the vortex of res spun and whirled, more and more fire left the table, getting sucked up into it until finally none was left on the table. The table was left more or less okay, though it now had a long scorch streak across it from the woman's magic. The candle lay were it was, the wax melted down, all over its base, slowly solidifying without the flames.

However now Clyde focused on the flame inside of the swirling vortex. He stopped the motion of his hand, and then cupped them, slowing bringing them closer together. Instead of doing as he normally did with flames, slowly feeding it a trickle of res to keep it constant and fading, he fed it nothing, letting it starve itself out without anything to burn. He only used his res to attract and shape it, balling it into a core of flame that could burn itself out.

After a chime or two, the flames had died inside of the orb of res, compressed as it had been, and flickered away to nothing. Done with his firefighting reimancy, he let the orb of res gently float back to him, and absorbed the remnants back in, which was a decent amount. He had needed more res to manipulate the fire than would actually be expended in doing so. So there was a decent bit left, minus what had been spent in his manipulation, and what had been lost to decay in the time it was out of his body.

He threw down a gm on the table as the barmaid came over, and walked out the door. The money would be enough to pay for repairs for the table, or to replace it, considering the original one had not been to expensive to begin with. And he guessed the cost of the ale was in there to also. Not that he was to worried, she had been the one to do the damage, she should have paid, instead of causing damage and leaving. If anything, they should have been grateful for his help.

He worked over again in his head what she had said... She had said something about only shifting into her horned form when Leth was in the sky, which was the moon... So at night? He was not sure if that was true or not, but she had really got him mad, and he was not going to settle for her damaging the place and leaving. He went out the door after her, to see where she had gone, and to yell at her some more.

"You petching Vagik. What the petch do you think you are doing, setting stuff randomly on fire, making magic users look bad. You don't go around petching setting random things on fire! You would have burned down the place if I had not been there. You do not go around feeding flames, to an extent you cant control them. Petch, you did not try to control it at all! You just let it go as it would. What the petch is wrong with you!"

"I don't care if you can do magic, or if you are that horned woman or not, we settle this now. If you have a question, ask it, and then we are done. But no more of this blaming me for stuff that is your fault, or that woman's fault, whether you are the same person or not."

Already Clyde's rage was rising, and he was doing his best not to attack the woman... Which really was not to easy to do...
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next