Location [Syliras Location] The Inner Sanctum

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras Location] The Inner Sanctum

Postby Gossamer on September 9th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Voreasos

The magecrafter shook his head. So far, Voreasos had offered him nothing really. He'd 'fill in the gaps' but Akvin had already asked him questions and he'd refused to answer them. He wanted to know if humans were really prey. He'd wanted to know what Voreasos stood for, who exactly he was. If those questions and their failures to be answered were any indication, he'd get no true information out of the spiderling. If that was typical, then there'd be no actual bargain. Akvin rubbed his chin, then shook his head.

"I think you failed my test of forthrightness. How can I expect you to hold up your bargain if you won't answer simple questions? I'm not one to make sour deals, spiderling. Sorry. You will have to do better than veiled suggestions hinting that you'll give me what I want if you get what you want. I would be your employeer, which means here in Syliras, that you give me WORK before I give you pay, not the other way around. You sought me out, I didn't come banging on your door."
He said with a shrug. "Besides, Magecrafting is horribly expensive. I am not so sure your information is worth all that much." He nodded to himself, and seemed to make a decision.

"Thank you, but no thanks. I was sincerely trying to help you, but my terms seem to steep for even simple communication in this conversation. I have something of value you want, the ability to teach you. I will not pay you coin for the privilege of you learning MY ARTFORM. That is the worst kind of arrogance. You should pay me... and though you say you are willing with your words, your voice says differently. I think you should seek another teacher."
He said simply, rose, and walked to the door. He opened it, and until Voreasos had something better to offer or suggest, or in fact divulged some information - he would be uninvited. Forcefully if necessary.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Voreasos Alisier on December 2nd, 2009, 2:12 am

1st of Winter 509

Voreasos stood before the door once more, his body was warped in the black clothing that was somewhat of a outfit. The short metal blade along his back as he held his fist in a ball knocking along the wooden door. He was not going to enter the lab this time unless he was told to for he did remember the last time he did and he would not make the same mistake again.

He spent the last seasons thinking on what the human said and he was now more then willing to trade any information for the lessons if the offer still stood. If not then he would work and see what he could do to learn more of the art form even if it meant paying him yet he doubt the man would take his coin.

He did learn the craft at first to help his race yet now he had to wonder if he learned it for that alone or really for another reason. He was never told of it being a art form yet maybe it was and he did not even know it. He only made low form daggers and he never saw them after wards yet maybe it was a time for a change for he did enjoy the arts of life.

So he waited for the human to answer the door even if that meant waiting a lot longer now. He had a feeling he knew Voreasos was coming. However this time around he would offer information that he did seek and maybe even more.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Voreasos

"Ahh... so you can be taught." Akvin said, opening the door to peer out at the Symenestra once more. "And what, exactly, do I owe this pleasure today?" He asked, peering right then left down the hallway before turning his hawkish gaze to study Voreasos once more.

"Come to beg more training of me? To counter offer again? I ain't in the mood. You're offer last time was less than generous and had me paying for materials. I teach, on occasion, but only for those that can afford the training. And frankly, though I cut you slack last time, this time I won't be such an easy negotiator. Or have you given up that dream, spiderling, and are off on a new one... perhaps to contract me to craft you something? I hope you brought coin." He said, not offering to let Voreasos in this time. No, he had important work underway that he didn't want interrupted by a snooping spiderling.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Syliras Location] The Inner Sanctum

Postby Aedai on May 12th, 2010, 8:38 pm

510 AV Spring 52

It had been several days since he had moved into Syrilas, he got use to the place a little but it still had many strange corners he didn't see. His mother thought it more healthy to forget what he wanted for a moment and adjust to life for awhile to see the city. He took a few days to do so, trying to meet new people as well and taking the time to practice with his spear among other things. He had finally decided that he felt good enough to continue his little 'quest' as he called it. He hadn't felt rash or hasty in awhile, accepting the patience his mother had assigned to him. He had throughout those days been tempted by dreams and thoughts to head for the Inner Sanctum. Vengeance had started to call out to him, wanting to pull him in. He knew though that his patience would wear out soon he would find himself in front of the Inner Sanctum soon, and so he did.

That morning Aedai had awoken to see his mother gone, she still carried herbs from what was left in his house. Herbs mean't medicine, which mean't money. His mother though wasn't home, it casted a sort of familiar behavior reminding him of his father. He had heard the door when his mother had left early morning, he just didn't pay it any mind and stayed in bed. Isolation had been a nice cure but he needed to get out.

Aedai had woken that morning a bit better but still lost heading out of his house. He knew he could not lose the key he was given as his mother said it was what opened and closed the house. He would keep it close in his pocket, always touching his pocket to make sure it is still there. He decided to think of Syrilas as a forest and Stormhold Castle was the center of the forest. The most intriguing part of the forest was at the center, where the wildest creatures might be seen. He would use this analogy as a more logical perception to navigate his way around this wilderness. He just hoped he didn't see the wildest creatures of Syrilas, the talk of magecraft made him believe he might see one today.

He had to ask different people for some help but it was really and again the knights had directed him to the Inner Sanctum. They were helpful enough to give him the directions, but they were curious as to why he was going to the "Lab" they called it. He didn't want to lie but he didn't know what answer to give them besides, "Just to look around". They had told him not to cause trouble and soon enough he was standing infront of the door to the Inner Sanctum. With a name like Inner Sanctum I wonder whats inside, he knocked on the door as to not be rude. The same as he did for Sir Tenner.

One must always have good manners no matter how impatient or patien they are, as he was taught by his mother.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on May 15th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Aedai

Akvin sighed, turned down the burner that was powered by the tiny stormgem and scooted back from his workbench. Interruptions! All he had to deal with today was interruptions. The handsome young magecrafter ran a hand through his unruly hair and muttered a few more choice words under his breath and walked to the door. He opened the door carefully and stood studying the young man that stood before it.

Raising an eyebrow, he noticed his empty hands, lack of uniform, and the casual air about him that read 'commoner' and sighed.

"Can I help you?" He asked. Akvin was dressed in leather pants that were midnight blue, a midnight blue silk shirt, and a white lab coat over the top of the whole affair. He moved like a warrior, light on his feet and slim, though his expression had the distracted look of a researcher about him.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aedai on May 15th, 2010, 4:29 pm

The door opened and he was greeted by a well dressed man. Although to Aedai clothes will just be clothes and he couldn't tell the difference. He smiled at Akvin and said, "Yes hello my name is Aedai nice to meet you Akvin, I am sorry for bothering you if I am, Sir Tenner pointed me in your direction when I asked him about Projection and I was just curious if you could spare some time to tell me about it."

He had not forgotton about Sir Tenner regardless that it had been some days after their meeting. He remembered that he still had to go back and pay him a visit to ask him what a Page was. It was a matter of curiosity but so was this, and of much more importance.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Emory Ruin on May 18th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Emory lightly knocked upon the wooden door, but did not wait for a response before entering the building. The door snapped shut behind her as she made her way across the sunlit room. She had been searching for a magecraft ever since her arrival, and now she had found one. Now where is he? She wondered.

She stood motionless for a few seconds, the presence of life permeated the entire room, and it was not her own Djed alone occupying so much space. “Hello?” she called, somewhat to herself though she still anticipated an answer. Fiery red strands of hair hung loosely in her face. She swiped them away with a quick gesture. Voices echoed across the floorboards, low and stern. Emory danced around some unfamiliar equipment scrutinizing the design and metals used to make such crafts.

Being a woman of very little words, she did nothing to call attention to herself after the lacking of a response. She quietly occupied her curiosity by examining the large room. Unique with all its gadgets, potions, glass bottles, horrible smell mixed with sweet fragrant and tools, Emory was not sure what to quite make of the place.
Emory Ruin
I'll Light The World in Fiery Peril

Words: 27338
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2010, 3:54 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on August 2nd, 2010, 6:03 am

Aedai-

Akvin looked annoyed. He sighed softly and shook his head. "Look, I don't know what Sir Tenner told you about me, but if he had half a brain he'd have pointed out that I'm not the most friendly of sorts. I don't take students. I don't give away knowledge. And I certainly don't chat about Projection over tea. I'm sorry, but if you'd like to know about projection, I'm sure you'd be well served stalking the library for a book or finding an actual projectionist to help you out. Now, I'm a busy man. I'm packing. So if you'll excuse me. I'll get back to it." He said and then carefully closed the door in Aedai's face.

Emory-

"Get out. If you don't leave, I will forcefully remove you. Wait... on second thought...."
Emory felt a force shove into her, violently, though not with an intent to hurt. It forced her backwards, pushing her clear out of the room itself. The door, seemingly on its own, opened to allow her exit, while slamming itself carefully once she was on the far side. The lock hit home with a final 'click' and there was no other sound from within the suite.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aedai on August 3rd, 2010, 1:31 am

Aedai stood in front of the door almost dumbfounded and sighed a little. This man was surely rude but that didn't mean Aedai would give up so easily. He knocked again on the door and this time said, "If you won't spare me time then how can I buy time! I'll do anything!" He supposed the man was busy, but Aedai was determined just as his fathers' murderer was determined to beat him to death with nothing visible. He wouldn't give up now that he was almost so close to the water that he had the chance to have a sip. He considered his options and didn't think he had many. He didn't want to return to his new home empty-handed. He wanted to at least bring back home some piece of knowledge about Projection. Magic was rare in Syrilas afterall so Aedai felt his chances of finding anyone else was as low as his chances were of leaving his own home.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on September 22nd, 2010, 3:18 am

11th Day of Fall, 510 AV

The arrival of the man who would hold the position of Magecrafter of Syliras occurred without much fanfare. A quiet meeting with Loren Dyres, and then he headed directly over to the Inner Sanctum.

Devandil Nightshade shoved the door open to the Inner Sanctum, a half-dozen Knights trailing silently behind him. The tall, pale man hissed and flinched away from the light streaming through the windows, his pupils contracting into slits.

"Is this really what he worked with?" came a soft, beautiful voice from the ashen visage of the new Magecrafter of Syliras. He strode across the room to run his fingers over the top of one of the tables. "How did he keep the herbs from disintegrating in this dreaded light? And the noise - those windows let in all the chatter from below."

"It's one of the best rooms we have," one of the Knights said, trying to be as patient as he could.

"No. This won't do at all. What are they using it for now?" Devandil sniffed delicately.

The Knights looked at each other in confusion, none of them really sure. After a pause, the youngest of the Knights stepped forward, a blush lighting his cheeks to be in the spotlight. "Um, pardon, master, but I think they've just been sort of practicing here. The wizards, I mean. I heard tell there's a magecrafter or two who use it as a safe sort of place to work on their magics."

Amethyst eyes turned to focus their regard upon the poor boy, who shrank a little in his armor. The moment passed, though, and the man nodded. "I'll put some safety measures into place, then, and they can have it. Better they do it here than in their bedrooms and set the residential districts on fire. Come, I'll find a better place," he said, quickly skittering towards the door on too-long limbs. "You've a basement somewhere, I'm assuming?" he said, gently shoving the youngest Knight on ahead of him as they made their way out of the empty sanctum.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Previous