Flashback A Teach and Greet [Eva]

All you need is someone to teach and someone you don't know.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Teach and Greet [Eva]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 10th, 2012, 2:31 am

77th Winter, 512 A.V.
"Gale's" Tree
Afternoon

OOCI'll fix what type of tree it is if I need to be corrected. We don't have a floral or fauna list so I just picked one. Aso sorry aboutt eh horrible description of them at the end. I kinda sputtered out. XP

“How do you do that?”

“Do what?”

“That!” Hana said with a chuckle, pointing at Gale’s picture and nudging him.

“This?” Gale nudged his book with chuckling, looking at the brown eyed woman.

“Yes, that.” She rolled her eyes with a smile.

“I don’t know. I hold the charcoal and make lines?”
Gale said sarcastically.

“Gale, it’s not funny! Why don’t you ever teach me how to do it?” Hana pouted in fake frustration.

“I do but you never understand!” Gale laughed. The short brunette huffed but snatched the book out of his lap. “Hey!”

“Don’t forget who gave you this book in the first place.” Hana said, holding her hand out. Rolling his eyes, the blonde sighed and placed the charcoal in her hand. “Thank you.” The childish girl said before looking down at the picture he was drawing. It being a picture of the daisy. “Hm.” Flower Girl flipped to the next page. “Okay, show me.”

“Show you what?’ Gale questioned.

“Gale!” Hana laughed.

“Oh! How to draw? It’s simple.” Gale scooted closer to her so he can help her.

“Easier said than done.” Hana remarked.

The twenty-year-old hesitated, allowing a half glare cross his face. “What are you going to draw?”

“Roses.”

“Of course.” Gale chuckled. “Pick a place to start.”

“Where should I start?”
She looked at him.

“Depends on where you want to start. There isn’t exactly a rule of where you’re supposed to start or how you draw something. You just draw it.” Gale placed his hands on his thighs, legs being criss crossed.

“That doesn’t help.”

“Why not? Drawing isn’t supposed to restrain you at all. You just do what you want however you want.” Gale told her. “That’s why it’s kinda hard to teach someone.”

“I see.” Hana nodded. “So can I start with the Receptacle?” She looked at him, her eyes seeming larger than usual. It usually looks that way when she talks about flowers.

“Uuuuh, suuuuuure. You can start where ever.”
Gale shrugged, having no idea what she was talking about.

She gave him another quick nod and then made contact with the paper, drawing a dark, wavy v-ish looking line. What part was she drawing? Gale didn’t interrupt with his question, though, wanting her to just get into drawing the picture. She started a new line at the base of this “v” shaped curve and made a slight curved line going down. That was probably the stem, so the Receptacle was the base of the flower?

“How do you draw the curves of the pedals?” Hana questioned after stopping.

“Huh? Oh, you do a curved line. Depending on how much you want it to fold out the more he swerve it.”
Gale tried to explain the best he could.

With that, Hana continued, only doing slight curves. Watching her do her work over her shoulder, Gale spaced out, much like he does when he draws. She made three pedals in total for three different roses. They weren’t filled in, just being the outlines, but it intrigued Gale. It looked nice. A little awkward with the… Receptacles but nice nonetheless for someone who has been trying to draw well for a while now. She went to add a stem for the other two roses but seemed to have read Gale’s mind. She tried her best to erase the Receptacles and made the pedals curve to form the base. Drawing the stem up to the new base, she added some thin lines for leaves. The stems and leaves seemed to be twisted around each other.

The process took about ten chimes since it wasn’t a very complicatedImage. The tanned woman smiled proudly, “I like it.”

After being “snapped” out of the trance, since it was now complete, Gale smiled as well, ”Yeah, that’s really nice Hana.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“No! I’m not! It’s really good, Hana!”
Gale took the notebook and placed it in his lap. “It’s simple but that’s what makes it good. “ Hana looked at him with a confused look on her face.

Gale was wearing a pair of black cotton pants and a white shirt. His hair messy heap as usual. His match was wearing a gray skirt that stopped just above her knees and blue blouse. Simple colors, no designs today. Her hair however was in her usual, thick, three stranded braid. The two were by a willow tree not very far from the market, sitting at its roots. The droopy branches acting like an parasol from the sun.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

A Teach and Greet [Eva]

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2013, 4:10 am

A day such as any other, one filled with light and joy and laughter of those that walked blissfully unaware of the futility of their own existence...Oh how she loathed every one of them. Thus it was that the single spot of darkness, that smudge upon the canvass of perfection found herself, cloaked and hooded, upon the very same knoll as those two loving individuals.

Look at them... Pondered the immortal, absently pressing a finger against the icy gem that hung from her neck, Such ignorance is, in a word, repellant.

From the hanging gem came a voice as cold as the winds across Avanthal, Two intertwined in love brings pain to those who bear the cross of loneliness...

Evalin sighed, I see that you shall take much to become adjusted to dear Familiar...

Evalin paused in her walk through the grass, leaning upon her ornate staff to cast her eyes of crimson over the happy couple. In her mind her thoughts fell upon half dreams of times long since past, when she as well felt such for another. It brought... such hatred to her present soul... as well as a welling prick, a tingle and pressing need in the back of her mind.

She might be noticed as a spot of darkness in the fading light, a figure cloaked and hooded with a few stray red hairs flowing free. It might be that uneasy feeling that creeps upon the soul when something so unnatural is near, or perhaps the cold glare that those distant red eyes cast over the pair is just enough to gain notice. She was a figure frozen still in place as well in time, and not a breath escaped her as she looked on... looked upon this pair of young minds that knew not of the futility of their own lives.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)