Closed Learning How to Shoot like a Inartan (Kovac)

Can a konti shoot a bow like a Inartan?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Learning How to Shoot like a Inartan (Kovac)

Postby Iosha on January 3rd, 2013, 7:43 am

Suddenly, Iosha heard Kovac's voice through the trance, and she snapped back to reality. The large red orb collapsed spilling it contents all over her. Iosha looked at Kovac with a confused look on her face. She thought they were having fun swimming in the water, and she was about to pay him back for his pinch. Seeing him get out of the water, Iosha started to wonder if she scared him when she pulled him down backwards into the water. She slowly swam over to him by the bridge, and she heard him say to her neat trick. What does he mean by trick? Did she preform a trick for him without knowing? Kovac pulled up his bryda, and he was staring at her like she sprouted a third eye. When she got to the edge of the bridge, she laid a hand on the edge, looked up at him with a confused look on her face, and apologized in a meek voice, “Sorry if I scared you when I pulled you into the water backwards. Sometimes I forget humans can't breath underwater, so I take it too far. I am confused why you want to leave since we were just starting to have fun...?” She pulled her bangs from her face and continued with a pout, “Also I owe you for your transgression against my butt, Kovi.”

Still staying the water, Iosha waited for his response to her question. Iosha's mind started to race when she started wonder why he wanted to leave as soon as they gotten into the water. Did something happened in the water? All she remembered was chasing and pulling him underwater. Also she remembered the Koi sucking on her hair, but everything after the Koi was a complete blank. Wondering if she went into a trance since she was prone to slip into them during times of severe stress and anxiety. Iosha' face turned sad for a moment than she said softly, “I think your right Kovac...It is getting late, and I need to get home and sleep before heading to the infirmary tomorrow for work. Oh since you have your pants on could you turn around, so I can get dressed?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Kovac on January 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Kovac watched as the collapsing bubble burst and poured its gory contents on Iosha. She did not seem to notice, simply ducking under the water long enough to wet her head again. Only then did the Konti realize that he had left the water, and she turned to swim towards the edge.

“Sorry if I scared you when I pulled you into the water backwards. Sometimes I forget humans can't breath underwater, so I take it too far. I am confused why you want to leave since we were just starting to have fun...Also I owe you for your transgression against my butt, Kovi.”

Kovac's quizzical look expanded to add a raised eyebrow. "No, that wasn't it, I don't mind wrestling in the water," he smiled slightly, "Its just that, the whole floating bubble of fish guts thing was a little...unexpected." Iosha appeared to be honestly unaware of what he was talking about, but the archer could see that her feelings were hurt that he ended the fun so suddenly. He did not mean to disappoint his new friend. "And as getting me back for violating your butt...well...you are welcome to retaliate in kind at any time." Kovac's grin turned playful again. The Avora chalked the awkward incident up to the foreignness of Konti nature. Iosha was more than what she appeared, that was for certain. The nature of her reimancy was a bit strange, but interesting.

Kovac suddenly did not want the encounter to end, but it seemed that had already been put in motion, so he nodded to the Konti and turned his back so she could climb out of the water and dress unseen. Kovac had already decided that Iosha was worth getting to know, and had already considered her a friend. He leaned over and wrung his hair out with his fingers, using the position to steal a peek at the ivory Konti, though upside down. Interesting indeed.

Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Iosha on January 9th, 2013, 4:03 am

When Iosha got out of the water, she quickly reached down and grabbed shirt. She looked up and smiled to herself when she noticed Kovac's well muscled back. She sat there for a moment admiring him in secret. Realizing she acting foolish, she turned around and put on her shirt. She started to button up her shirt, but she stopped for a moment when she realized Kovac must of saw her using reimancy during the trance. Iosha didn't remember anything during the episode, but it was scary enough for him to exit the water. What scared her was that he mentioned a ball of water filled with fish guts. Iosha started to get overwhelmed with guilt when she realized, she just unnecessary killed another living creature. Iosha eyes scanned the water, and she saw the crushed body of the Koi floating by the bridge. When she looked into the water, she noticed two other Koi desperately trying to nudge the carcass. She wondered if the two fish were trying to awaken their fallen friend. She closed her eyes trying desperately to block the image of her crime from her mind, but her tears made her a attempt futile. Trying to seek comfort with her goddess, she started to nervously rub her gnosis mark.

Eventually, Iosha turned her back on the fish and continued buttoning up her shirt. When Iosha was finished getting dressed, she knew she needed to talk to Kovac about her being a wizard. She would keep this short, but in the near future, she will tell him about it in greater detail about her magic. Iosha hated telling people about her magic because most people in Mizahar thought magic was a abomination and a weapon of destruction used by power hungry wizards. She wasn't neither of those things, but everyday she still had to live with the stigma. It isolated her from most of the civilized world, but she was surprised Kovac didn't leave her altogether. He actually stayed around and tried to act normal around her afterward. He was a rare person, and she was happy to have met him today. She just wished she was aware of her actions when she decided to cast a spell around him.

Iosha picked up her belonging and decided to walk over to him. She gently put a hand on his arm and said with a weary smile, “Kovac, I understand you might be feeling a bit skittish around me since I just used magic around you. I would too if I just found out my new friend was a wizard...” She looked away for a moment and said softly, “I have been using magic ever since I was a child. My Grandmother began training me in two disciplines of magic reimancy and shielding when I barely turned eight years old...” She lets go of his arm and brushed her damp hair from her eyes and continued, “I just wanted to reassure you that you are safe around me. My Grandmother made sure I knew the price of my actions every time I cast a spell. You have to understand. I would never do anything to endanger the life of the people I cared about with my magic.”

Still feeling the overwhelming guilt of killing the fish, Iosha took a step back, wiped her eyes, and said gently, “Thank you for not running away from me, Kovac. Honestly, in the past, I lost many friendships when they found out I was a wizard, so it mean a lot to me knowing you are willing to give me a chance even though I am a monster...” She adjusted her quiver and bow on her back and said softly, “...I better get home before it gets too late, but I will contact you on our next archery lesson. I am thinking a weekly lesson should help me a lot...” Looking up at him, she smiled to herself, walked over to him, and kissed him on the cheek. She smiled to herself, took a few steps back, and puts her hand behind her back. She looked at him trying to muster a smile, and said with a slight laugh, “Thank you for being a gentleman, Kovi...I hope it wasn't too hard for you. Oh! I just remember that I owe you a pitcher of ale in the near future. Well I better get going. Have a nice night, Kovi !” Before leaving the area, Iosha gave the dead fish one last look. When she said her regrets in Kontinese to the fish, she made her way down the hallway alone.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Kovac on January 10th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Iosha must have realized what had put Kovac off, for her features softened, even saddened a bit. Once they were dressed, the air of tension waned as the Konti drew near, reassuringly resting her hand on the man's shoulder. Kovac did not fear Iosha, as much as it was just weird, something he was not used to seeing. But the woman was sweet, maybe too much for her own good, and her strange but feminine voice eased the quirkiness. Kovac listened to her explanation, trying to remember that she was from a far away place, where things were done differently.

"I am not worried that you will hurt me, or that you are a mage or anything like that. I just didn't expect it."
The Konti, drew near and kissed his cheek, a sweet gesture. Kovac's face once again took on his playful grin. "You are the one who better watch yourself around me. Yeah...I tried to behave myself. The gentleman thing is just for show..." He added an emerald wink to his comment. "But don't worry about me shunning you. I don't have a lot of friends, I can't afford to be choosey.' His wry smiled widened. "Yes, you owe me a pitcher of ale, and a pinch on the ass. And you will require more private archery lessons, of course! Good night, Io."

Kovac gave the Konti an ecouraging smile, and he watched her for a moment as she walked across the bridge towards the exit. Then, gathering up his bow and quiver, the Avora made his way home.

Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Warhawk on January 21st, 2013, 5:34 pm

Iosha

Skills
    +2 Observation
    +3 Storytelling
    +2 Socialization
    +5 Archery
    +3 Swimming
    +1 Reimancy(Water)
Lores
    *Ladies man: Kovac
    * Share inartan heritage: Kovac
    * Archery student: Kovac
    *Outsider in Wind Reach
Kovac

Skills
    +1 Play Musical Instrument [Lute]
    +2 Socialization
    +3 Observation
    +5 Teaching
    +3 Achery
    +3 Swimming
Lores
    *The true form of a Konti
    * Share inartan heritage: Iosha
    *The feeling of being hunted
    *A mage in wind Reach: Iosha

Notes:

Great thread! I really enjoyed the archery lesson part of the thread. It felt extremely real. All in all, I have to say great job with the social side as well ;) Looking forward to grading more threads of both of yours.

If you have any questions, or concerns about grading, and/or anything else just send me a PM.
-From the dust of war a hawk arises to lead the way for those who have fallen-
Warhawk
Player

Words: 6646
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 9:32 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous