Flashback [Memorial Library] Meeting with a Mage (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Memorial Library] Meeting with a Mage (Hadrian)

Postby Kel Ehmry on January 10th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Kel was slightly embarrassed for assuming that Professor Oslie was a man rather than a woman. Maybe he was caught up in what the stereotypical mage or wizard looked like. An old man with a long beard, and maybe a little bit eccentric, that was what Kel pictured in his mind. But then again he was looking at a sort of mage right now. Hadrian looked nothing of the sort. "Right. Sorry. I guess she is my woman then" Kel chuckled, trying to laugh off his mistake.

Kel listened intently as Hadrian gave a brief description of what Djed is, and Kel hoped to gain a but of understanding of the basics of magic. "So then, Djed is all around us, even as we sit here talking to one another, and it can be harnessed in some sort of fashion to be used how we wish? Fascinating. So the reimancer that can seemingly make fire out of thin air, is actually using this...lifeblood" Kel mused once more. Once again he retreated back into his mind and tinkered with ways Djed could be used.

Kel then glanced at the large clock on the wall. It was getting late.

OOCWe can end this conversation whenever you'd like. It doesn't matter to me!
Kel Ehmry
History is a valuable thing.

Words: 42567
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 5:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on January 27th, 2013, 8:59 pm

"Yes," Hadrian assured him. It was just a metaphor for what the djed was, but an apt one. He let the student lapse into thought, but caught his glance at the clock. "Well, I had better go to my carrel and get some reading done, but it was a pleasure to meet you."

Awkward Hadrian was awkward, but he was well-trained in etiquette, so when they had made their polite words and motions, they parted. There was always something more to read, after all.
end.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Arcane on February 10th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Rewards and Treasure!

Kel Ehmry :
Experience Points
-

Lores
The Existence of Travel Fellowships
Hadrian: Student of Anthropology
Hadrian the Magecrafter
A Brief Insight into Auristics
Palmyra Oslie, Professor of Magical Studies (Auristics)
Hadrian's Helpful Introductions

Hadrian :
Experience Points
+2 Teaching

Lores
Kel Ehmry the Curious Student
Explaining the Workings of the University
Introducing Magic

In Conclusion
Kel I hope that you're happy because dang Hadrian, that was one really useful thing you did there to explain all that stuff to a lost student. I'm a magic nerd, so even I enjoyed this little bit of socialization, even though I don't usually like socializations.

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous