After Effects

Hadrian//Grasis wakes up in a room with a man he just met

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

After Effects

Postby Grasis Deviil on December 22nd, 2012, 2:21 am

That was reassuring. It didn't matter how little he knew, Hadrian would help him anyways. That's good since he didn't think he knew anything. At least, he couldn't remember knowing anything. But maybe learning stuff would help him remember more. It was certainly going to be itneresting at least. "Well Hadrian, I cant wait! do you have to go now? Cant we just go to Zeltiva now?"

He would say that last with a small smile. He knew what the answer would be but he had to try. If he didn't, he would wonder and that wouldn't feel to good. As he listens to Hadrians answer he would move over to the mirror in the room and run his fingers through his hair. It was a mess. When was the last time he had done more than run his fingers through it? He couldn't even remember. So, before he had woken up thats for sure.

"Hadrian, do you know how to manage hair?" He would call over his shoulder to him, as he started fussing with it now that it was clean.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Words: 22191
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After Effects

Postby Hadrian on December 22nd, 2012, 2:32 am

"I don't have to leave quite yet, no. We are waiting for the word to sail to Sahova, so I imagine I will be here for a few days, at least. And Zeltiva will just have to wait until this business is done."

He watched Kasai in the mirror, bemused, until he asked his question. "Ah..."

Hadrian's own dark hair was shot through with blue. No dye there, but the strange effects of the djed storm while staying in the Everwinter City. One color from the aurora borealis' palette had streaked his hair, and his eyes had grown even paler and brighter. But his own hair was getting a bit long, too. He didn't do anything with it.

"I, um... Do you need a cut?" he asked. He supposed he could find the boy a barber.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

After Effects

Postby Grasis Deviil on December 22nd, 2012, 2:41 am

A couple days. That was better than leaving imediatly. It'd give him time to learn more about this man he was trusting so much. He would lean closer to the mirror, turning his head from side to side as he looks at himself closely trying to see how looked and if he liked it all. He hadn't been able to look at himself clean in his entire memory, and suddenly it seemed really important that he look immaculate.

"No no, it's the perfect length. Just wondered if you knew how to comb it and such. But I think I can figure it out." He would reach up and run his fingers through his hair some more, trying to take all the tangles out of it as he did so. He would also be moving it from side to side, trying to see which way it looked better to lay. Eventually he'd just stop trying to comb it out and shake his head quickly, letting it fall around his head in a messy jumble.

After that he'd look back at himself in a mirror and nod, "I like it messy i think. Makes me look cooler." With that he'd turn around and look at Hadrian, and motioning him forward, "Do you do your hair? How does it get that color? Think i could dye my hair that color as well?"
Grasis Deviil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After Effects

Postby Hadrian on December 22nd, 2012, 3:07 am

Hadrian really didn't know what to say about that.

"I, ah... if it gets too oily, I wash it with natron, and then with apple cider vinegar," he said. "That's how my mother taught me." That was a strange way to have a flashback of memory, a simple instruction on how to care for himself by the woman who was two years dead now. But he didn't let the thought bring him down; instead, it quirked a bit of a smile across his face to share it with Kasai. "And if it gets long, it needs extra combing."

He shrugged, not sure if Kasai would be disappointed with that.

"It looks... good." He smiled. "Why would you want yours to look like mine? The djed storm caused some mutation that made my hair and eyes like this. That's hardly something I imagine you'd want to copy."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

After Effects

Postby Grasis Deviil on January 4th, 2013, 8:25 am

"That's interesting. I wonder what my mother taught me." He'd sigh and look back at the mirror, before smiling and shrugging. It didn't matter, he'd get his memories back eventually and then he would be able to say the same things. With that he'd turn back to Hadrian and tilt his head, biting his lip as he studies Hadrian's features.

"I don't remember any djed storm, though I do know about djed...that's something i do remember. I just like the coloring." He'd shrug and gaze into Hadrian's eye's. His gaze would grow in intensity as he concentrates. He hadn't had much practice at it recently, but he still had it. After a long moment Grasis would open his mouth and close it. Shaking his head he'd break the eye contact, looking away and blushing. He had been about to try to hypnotize Hadrian. But he couldn't do it. He had gathered the djed to do it, but he couldn't bring himself to finish it. Hadrian liked him. He didn't want to risk anything by pushing him in the wrong direction. If he found out he was a hypnotist, he'd probably get the mob after him.

"Do you think I'd look good with coloring in my hair?" He'd mumble the question, clearly embarrassed by something.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After Effects

Postby Hadrian on January 4th, 2013, 8:59 am

Hadrian's hand came up to touch his hair. He had never really paused to consider whether it was aesthetically pleasing or not, thinking only that the Vantha-like coloring on one who was quite obviously not a Vantha made him look strange. But he offered a smile, gazing curiously back at Kasai.

He knew about djed and, just speaking about it, he gathered it to himself. But there was no form given to it, and it dissipated. Hadrian would have to ask him about that later, when their rapport and trust had grown deeper. It was wise to hide one's magic, he thought. And this was still only the second day of their friendship. To Kasai, there might be doubt there, but Hadrian knew he had never seen the boy before in his life.

"I'm really not the best person to ask those sorts of questions," he said, a little embarrassed. "But it sounds like you would fit in were you to travel to Alvadas, the city of illusions. People there do crazy things to their appearance, as a sort of self-expression, I suppose."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

After Effects

Postby Limey on March 4th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Grasis

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Investigation 2 Remembering Yourself... And Who You're With
Rhetoric 1 Wanting Answers
Observation 2 Sunberth: Everything Has A Price
Hadrian: Unexpected Benefactor
Lore: Farson Home
The Mystery Of Selflessness