Closed Unnatural Encounter [Valerius]

Different walks of life and morals, they were never meant to meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Unnatural Encounter [Valerius]

Postby Amelia Cross on November 25th, 2012, 6:21 pm

[78th day of Fall, 512.a.v.]
[early evening]
[The Noble district]

Amelia had never been found of walking around the Noble district of Ravok. She never felt like she fit in there and truth be told, she didn’t. Unlike her father she had no business to be done with “The black sun”, she held no deep love for the city and the only thing she was found of was its beauty and the art inside of it. She had been living a common to poor life as long as she could remember herself; her mother was always too prideful to ask for money from her father and went as far as living in a city that was close to hatting Ravok, Syliras. Therefore, even if she held fine clothes, always groomed herself and had good manners, the pale skin and fragile complexion of a noble, she was nothing but a common citizen that was forced to even skip meals once in a while. She wasn’t ashamed from this lifestyle, but she was not proud of it either. And even though she wished to once own the finest things in life, she never used her skills in order to get them.

Now, it was her father that had been the reason for the girl to be in the cities finest part, if one could call it that. After all, the reason for Amelia to come to the city was none other than Dominick, and even though he rarely had time for her, she decided to come see him as often as she could, even if the desire for a night in a soft bed and good food was often the force that drew her there. After a good 20 minute walk she had finally reached her father’s house. A gentle knock on the door, her face filled with a small smile but it wasn’t her father to open it, it was his maid. Amelia wasn’t surprised, but she was disappointed ”Master Dominick is out on business, do you wish to wait for him, Miss Amelia?” the girl questioned stepping aside from the door to let her in. However Amelia just waved her hand ”no need, I will just go to the temple, he must be there” She stated, leaving the porch and heading to the temple of the black sun, the home of Rhysols spirit in this city.

[The City center]
[late evening]

It toke Amelia some time to get to the cities center, but she didn’t mind, the evening view of Ravok was magical, even romantic. Amelia enjoyed the walk and the pleasant weather, it was warm for fall and she loved it. The black haired girl could feel eyes on herself, she wondered if they could tell she doesn’t fit in here, but her usual graceful manner of walking and the way her chin was lifted up the slightest bit would make anyone believe she came from the appropriate part of society, after all, even if someone asked she could always speak of her father, giving her the perfect story.

Finally she reached the temple, but to her disappointment it wasn’t like she wished to see it, it still held clear signs of destruction brought to it by the rising dawn, Amelia would lie if she said that she loved Rhysol, but the way the rising dawn threated him and the black sun, it made her feel disgust to them. Above all else, the temple was beautiful, it’s just horrible how one could attack and try to destroy such a glorious place. With her head lowered in respect to the good, probably the only thing she held for him, she entered the courtyard. Seeing a few people praying she smiled "how could one try to take this away, take away the only hope of the cities people" Amelia wondered, pulling the hood of her cloak off her head to revile her hair and face fully. She looked around hopping to see her father there, but as much as she tried to spot him between the faithful people of Ravok, she had no luck and her soul was filled with sadness.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 30th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Valerius Nitrozian frequently went to the Temple of the Black Sun to pray after he was finished with his work at the Kelvic Research Insitution for the day. Like most of his family he was a follower of Rhysol and loved his god like a father, or maybe more. His hoped that he would attract his attention one day, that Rhysol would mark him like he had marked his aunt and make him his.

To that end he considered donating some of his savings to the Temple so that it would be repaired faster. He was convinced that Rhysol would appreciate such a gesture, considering the current state of it. There were still signs of the recent fire everywhere, he noticed as he went inside and looked for a place to sit down and pray. He couldn’t help but wonder what was taking them so long. Shouldn’t the repair of Rhysol’s temple be foremost on their mind?

This was the most important building in Ravok. Here and there the walls were still blackened. It seemed to him as if he could smell smoke, as if he could even see a hint of blood on the floor he walked across. The Rising Dawn had done a thorough job. Why weren’t the Ebonstryfe and the Black Sun trying harder to punish them? They had dared to strike at Ravok’s heart!

He walked through the courtyard, glaring at a few people that were foolish enough to cross his path. In his opinion they should be donating their money and help the Black Sun repair the temple rather than sitting there uselessly. Of course it didn’t occur to him that he was doing much the same thing, that he was praying and complaining, but not really helping.

He was much too important to do that kind of work!

As he noticed Amelia, he abruptly stopped and stared, not caring that his behaviour might be seen as slightly rude. She was beautiful with her dark hair and flawless porcelain skin, she was elegant, she had style, and she reminded him of somebody, although he was sure he had never met her before.

His anger at the lazy, inefficient people of Ravok made way to curiosity as he approached her. He wanted to find out who she was and whether getting to know her better could be of use.

„Lark?“ he asked. „You have their look, but I don’t remember seeing you in Ravok before. Have you come to pay your respects to our god?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on December 1st, 2012, 9:11 pm

Amelia was close to desperation as she continued to slide her eyes along the horizon, looking for her beloved father, but he was nowhere to be seen. The only thing she did see was a person or two staring at her quite rudely, but she decided to shock it off as this was a popular occurrence for Ravok and herself. ”some things don’t change” she thought to herself and began walking away, but suddenly she was stopped by a voice.

She turned around, slowly to avoid her cloak falling off her shoulder. Amelia knew better than to let her gnosis show here. As soon as she was fully facing the stranger she let her black eyes, full of confusion, meet the man’s quite charming blues. She didn’t speak yet, she was having trouble with finding sense in the first word he had said ”Lark?” she shuffled through her head trying to find a meaning to it, it toke her a second before she realized what he must have meant ”the Lark family!” as much as a flattery to be confused for a member of one of Ravok’s most powerful households, she felt obligated to clear the possible confusion.

”Oh no, I have nothing to do with the Lark family” she answered with a little bit of embarrassment for making the man wait for her answer ”I’m sorry, I don’t live in Ravok and therefor it toke me a minute” she explained with a slight chuckle, before regaining her usual confident manner of behavior ”I'm sure we haven't met, I’m Amelia Cross ” with a light curtsy, she wouldn’t offer such gestures on a daily basis, but she wasn’t sure about this man having a connection to ‘The Black Sun’ or not. If by any chance he was a friend or contact of her father, she’d be putting him to shame for not showing proper manners."I came here to bout pay my respect to Rhysol and look for my father, I assumed this would have been the best place to find him, but sadly I was wrong"
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on December 9th, 2012, 6:46 am

„No?“ the Nitrozian asked as she informed him that she had nothing to do with the Lark family. He arched an eyebrow in surprise, and then he frowned. In his opinion making a wrong assumption about a person was embarrassing. A Nitrozian like him didn’t make mistakes!

„You could have fooled me“, he stated. „You look like you could be Vernon Lark’s sister. Are you sure you are not related? Where do you come from if you are not from Ravok?“ He didn’t like the fact that she was an outsider, but at least she seemed to pray to Rhysol and had good manners.

In fact he stopped frowning and smiled very lightly as she curtsied. That was how a lady was supposed to act, not like that animator Tock who had worn pants, hit him and called him all kinds of names …

„Maybe I could help“, he offered as she told him that she was looking for her father. „After you have said your prayers. I know almost everybody in Ravok. You said this would be the best place to find him. Is your father a follower of Rhysol then? A member of the Black Sun or Ebonstryfe?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on December 16th, 2012, 10:39 am

Observing people was what she did best. With the corner of her eye she could see a slight frown, hinting a slight displease with something. Amelia however wasn’t sure, was the man displeased of hearing that she isn’t from the Lark family, that she isn’t a native of Ravok or was there something else she couldn’t lay her finger on.

’Vernon Lark’ the name had no associations to the girl, aside from the clear association to the Lark family. At times like this Amelia regretted not paying more attention to her fathers bragging about Ravok, she was more than sure that he has been talking of them, maybe. None the less, it didn’t matter as she was required to just state a simple answer ”I assure you that I am in no way associated to the family” as usual, her simple answer tended to be a bit longer than she’d like, but it was her manner of speech that didn’t allowed her to just use ’yes or no’

Where does she come from, this question when spoken in Ravok had always caused chills over her body ”Zeltiva, I come from Zeltiva” nobody had to know that she had been living on the road and in Syliras for most of her life. Amelia had yet to find out the truth behind the dislike the cities held for each other, she never bothered to pay much attention to the history of The Black sun, that had anything to do with the Knights.

The slight smile that seemed to find its way on the stranger’s lips was reassuring, she wasn’t completely sure was he acting to be polite or did he sincerely want to help Amelia. Either way, it was a nice gesture, but it didn’t put her at complete ease. If the man had came from the temple, he would know she wasn’t praying in there, but she couldn’t pretend to pray to Rhysol. That would be like spitting in the gods face and even if Amelia wasn’t found of the god, she held deep respect for him and the voice, actual prayers wouldn’t be honest and thus, shameful as well. The best she could do was hope he’d believe that she was praying outside in the courtyard ”I, have done my prayers…” cracked and a bit unsure, not a lie, she had been praying but to Rhaus, not Rhysol, as long as he didn’t ask to be specific she was being honest. None the less, she was worried.

”Indeed, my father is a full hearted follower of Rhysol and a member of the Black sun, It would be a pleasure if you would help me look for him” Amelia hopped this would bring the topic quickly away from the god himself, and she could continue to just casually search for her father with the help of a perfect stranger.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 25th, 2013, 8:00 am

As she assured him that she was not associated with the Lark family, Valerius nodded curtly, acknowledging her statement. „I used to attend the University of Zeltiva“, he remarked as she told him where she came from. „Zeltiva is a beautiful city, even if it can’t compare to Ravok. I’ve been thinking of returning for a season or two, to continue my studies.“

„That’s good“,
he said as she informed him that she’d already done her prayers. He had no idea that she was lying, that she prayed to a different god. As far as he was concerned, she loved Rhysol just as much as he did. „You’ll never know if Rhysol isn’t listening. He is willing to help those that honor him and protects those that pray to him.“

He looked at her for a moment as if he were wondering about something, and then he asked, „What is your father’s name – and yours? If I am to help you find him, I need to know who he is.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on May 24th, 2013, 8:21 pm

With every passing moment, Amelia came to realize that this man, was indeed a part of what Amelia referred to, the intelligence of Ravok. Why? How she saw it, only a few would have the mind set to leave Ravok in order to study, and yet come back. None the less, this was a theory that was present in just the mind of the girl, not having any proper backing. ”There is quite the distance parting the two cities, The enthusiasm for studies is impressive I must say…If you truly wish to go back” once again, Amelia had drifted off into her usual manner of speaking a lot, about nothing at all ”I believe Zeltiva is one of the most fascinating places to study, but the Institute of higher learning here, seems to interest me a bit more” she chuckled, pulling her fingers up to her mouth as she did. Amelia wasn’t really that found of studying in the Institute, but she guessed if she spoke good about the lands here, she’d make a good impression of herself.

”Did he believe me?” she questioned herself as soon as the man began speaking of Rhysol. The manner of speech reminded her of her father, he also enjoyed claiming that Rhysol, would protect everyone who prays to him and believes in him. She believed it, but she couldn’t see Rhysol being the one good who would light her path. But regarding the talk about Rhysol, she couldn’t really think of anything to add, that wouldn’t be repeating herself and so, she decided to just let it pass with a light smile on her face and a nod of acknowledgement.

His question seemed to confuse Amelia, she was certain she had said her own name, and as far as she remembered, everyone who was aware of her father being part of the Sun, knew her father as soon as she explained her surname to be Cross. Could it be that she just thought to have introduced herself, or did he forget? Then again, she couldn’t remember the man’s name either…” Oh gosh, I was so sure I had introduced myself” she explained, while pulling her palm up to her face, covering it in embarrassment, before she regained her more neutral and common posture ”Amelia Cross, respectively, Dominick Cross is my father”

All this little talk, and no actual progression in their talk, this was confusing and she had no clue what to say further ”Actually, if my father isn’t here, there are high chances of him being somewhere around the pit…if you wish to accompany me there?”

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on May 27th, 2013, 11:58 am

„The distance between the two cities is great, but it was worth it“, Valerius replied. Had he really sounded enthusiastic? As far as he was concerned, he had spoken in the same neutral tone of voice he always used. He shrugged his shoulders. „I might eventually go back. The Institute of Higher Learning is good, but the University of Zeltiva offers a wider range of fields to study and a slightly more international flair.“

„Indeed. You have“, he remarked as she informed him that she had already introduced herself. He wasn’t embarrassed at all that he hadn’t been paying attention. He didn’t worry about such small things. „Forgive me, Miss Cross. I was thinking about Rhysol and how I could possibly help you. I’m not unfamiliar with the name of your family.“

Had she just said that her father was probably around the Pit? Valerius narrowed his eyes and studied her, thinking. If she knew where Dominick Cross was, why in Rhysol’s name had she asked him, Valerius, to help her look for him? Now it was his turn to be confused, although he didn’t show it.

„Let us go to the Pit and meet your father“, he agreed, because he wanted to know what was going on and why she was looking for him – and why she looked like Vernon Lark’s secret love child.
Last edited by Valerius Nitrozian on June 13th, 2013, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on June 3rd, 2013, 6:06 pm

Amelia followed the look on the man’s face, but she couldn’t seem to find any notable traits of emotion. She couldn’t even seem to realize, was he indeed interested in helping, or was he just being polite? If it was the second, bout of them would have been just struck there by the little trap called ‘manners’.

Then again, the subject of learning seemed to find a soft spot at the man’s hearth, or so Amelia wished to think. He didn’t really point it out by expressive gestures, a bright smile or an enthusiastic tone of speech, but somehow the words he chose, made Amelia wonder. Perhaps, she could manage to get on the good side of this man? As much as the Cross refused to admit it, when people didn’t find her interesting enough, she had the urge to feel wanted by them. ”True, my own preferences would probably be linguistics…I seem to have a soft side for languages…and literature in general” Amelia played off a little chuckle and help her pale fingers over her lips.

”Well then, I have introduced myself twice, while you, to me remain a mystery…as much as I could refer to you Sir, as just a perfect stranger…I’d like to find out your name” her manner of speech light and a bit too careless for the situation, but somehow, it didn’t bother her much…now. She just had to find out who was this man, that was so close, yet kept an unnatural distance, unnatural for Amelia at least.

As soon as Amelia had announced the possibility of her father being at The Pit, she could see that the blue eyes instantly were brought to her. And what eyes indeed, intense and questioning, or was it her imagination? One way or the other, it seemed to the girl that she had confused the man with her announcement, it made sense, as it was unusual for someone to ask for help, but then announce the answer to their own question…or more precisely, problem. It was still a question worth asking ”My, could it be that you are confused?...Or maybe, you don’t like to talk too much?” she asked, not actually expecting an answer from the man as she slowly began walking, but keeping herself a slight bit behind the man, after all, she knew her manners.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on June 13th, 2013, 7:43 pm

„Ah, linguistics.“ Valerius didn’t smile nor did he chuckle – in his opinion chuckling just didn’t have style – but his eyes lit up a little as he said that. „Linguistics were my main field in Zeltiva. I studied the Ancient Tongue. While I’m by no means fluent in it yet, I can communicate quite effectively, something that few outside of mage circles are capable of. Later on I also took some lessons in Arumenic. The Eypharians are a fascinating people, even if they have not seen Rhysol’s light yet.“

„Forgive me, Amelia“,
he spoke as she made him aware that she didn’t know his name yet. „My name is Valerius, Valerius Nitrozian. I assume you have heard of my grandfather, the Lord Sitanos?“ He sounded unmistakably proud – and somewhat arrogant – as he said the name of his family and that of his grandfather. In his opinion there was no better family in Ravok. He was glad to be part of it. The Larks, the Valdinox‘ and all those others just couldn’t compare to it.

„Confused?“ he asked as he heard her question. She was getting an answer even if she had not expected and might not even have wanted one. „Somewhat, but not too much. You have to admit, that your earlier statements were a little confusing, but it’s all beginning to make sense now. And I quite like talking – if the person I’m talking to is worth it.“

He gestured for to walk besides him. While he appreciated the fact that she had good manners and knew her place, it was a little harder to have a conversation with somebody behind you whose face you couldn’t see.

“Tell me, Amelia“, he wondered as they slowly made their way to their destination. “What do you think of the things that happen at the Pit? Do you enjoy the fights? Or are they too brutal for a woman like you?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes