And so it begins....once more (Khiara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Orion on May 26th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Orion got some colour back in his face forcefully, not wanting someone to get too close was always a powerfull motivation. His hand wrists started cracking a bit as he took them up staring at them with a blank gaze, not sure what he was looking for, but there had to be something, he wanted it to be there, something to divert his mind off of everything. His head now burried in his hands he just hid his face there....no special reason, he just felt a need to do so, and when he rose his head back up, there it was, that same shade of blue in his eyes.

His skin trembled as he saw her take up that traitorous picture, she studied it and after a while he heard those silky voice slip her tongue as he blushed a bit, well he was not sure if it happened, but he felt like it did. Still not in full control of his motoric abilities he took the picture from her hands as he scratched his hand on her`s a bit. Her skin was warm, but that was not what worried him, and as he was not sure did he just steal a day from her, he spoke slowly: "I have both seen and drew some far better ones a long time ago, you may have it if you like, by the way, are you feeling any different....you still seem shaken up" he knew the whole concept of what he has just said was way off, but he needed to be sure did he steal that day.

Reaching his hand out to her holding the drawing he spoke as much as a word in a soft whispery tone: "Maybe".
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Khiara on May 27th, 2010, 10:31 am

There was something in that touch, that slight skin on skin. It was like an electric shock just avoided, or an avalanche just escaped. Khiara drew in a deep breath with surprise, before shaking it off. She was still feeling like a whirlwind of emotions, and everything seemed to set her off. Looking at him as he asked how she was, Khiara smiled again, although it didn't reach her swirling eyes. Taking the drawing, she sighed.

"I don't know if I'm alright...but eventually I will be." It appeared his brush had not stolen a day from her, not this time...but it had come close. There was only a breath between the fine line that had almost been a stolen day. Almost.

"You should come to Riverfall with me...with us." Impulsively, the young woman invited Orion to the city. She didn't know if she could really travel with Vanator and Pygmy after tonight. Not alone. At least Orion would be someone for her to talk to, and to relate to. Then at least she knew things would be safe. And there was something more...

Now that she had someone from home, she didn't want to just walk away. Not when there were so few of them here.

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Orion on May 27th, 2010, 10:52 am

He looked at her as she was sitting there in silence like she was awaiting something to happen, and so did he, more than he knew. A sudden flash of anxiety filled him as he could not bare to steal time of such great value to some. His eyes shifted to that grey colour they had a while ago as he remembered how many times his ignorance and carelessness led to loss of life....loss of time.

His eyes turned almost completely red as he was mad at himself, only to quickly pulse back to blue as soon as he heard her words split the thick air around him. She was ok, it was fine. He sighsed relaxing a bit, for what to other seemed like nothing was a grave thing for one of his kind to do, or so he thought.

Quickly twitching as he heard the words leaving her lips he was thorn between what he wanted and what was right to do. He would always try to fight his whim to get close to everyone and everything, but most of the time, he.....well.....failed. Still not knowing what to say he spoke briefly: "Maybe you should think a bit more about that invitation, for when the night clears up and clears away, this moment, this feeling you have will fade away along with the moon" knowing it would be a rather confusing thing for one of the mortals to hear, but he had no other way of saying it at the present moment.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Khiara on May 28th, 2010, 10:49 pm

"Oh." The woman said softly, not quite understanding. Shaking her head a little, she scoffed herself. Of course Orion wasn't going to join a stranger he just met in travel - vantha or no vantha. Perhaps it was just her emotions taking over, and Orion had seen through that. Vulnerable and clinging to comfort, he'd seen through that and realised she didn't really want to invite him. Or at least, maybe, that's how it seemed.

"I..suppose? Feelings don't often fade that fast for me, but that's okay. You don't have to come, really. It was just a suggestion." Smiling gently, she looked at him.

"Vantha to vantha." Looking at the encampment, she realised time had passed by a lot quicker than she realised. People were coming out for their nightly regime's and the sky was dark and filled with stars. Turning her gaze to Orion, the girl shook the drawing.

"I need to go home. I need to just...let this night end. Tomorrow, I can think more clearly. Thank you Orion. For this. If you change your mind about Riverfall, my pavilion is that one over there by the coral." She pointed out the white tent next to the wooden fenced horse coral. Moving to stand, she brushed off her legs and nodded to him.

"May the Goddess watch over you." Khiara said in goodbye, before leaving the blue eyed man to his artwork. As she walked back to the encampment, her gaze shifted to Vanator's pavilion once more. It was quiet, and closed. Turning to her own, she walked slowly, thinking everything over. And considering the vantha with the blue eyes. Once she reached her tent, she looked back at him, sitting under the tree, barely visible through the night fires. Raising a hand, she waved at him, before disappearing inside.

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Orion on May 29th, 2010, 10:23 am

He wanted to go, he really did, and the sheer knowledge of that burned him from within as he tried to keep his mind down. He was no Vantha, he was no mortal, he was not worthy of someone`s precious time, it would be too selfish, at least for him who has all the time of this world. Looking at her confused he was not sure should he tell her, should he just accept? Can it be that easy?

Not wanting to give her any more regrets than she had he just silently spoke in a lyrical tone as she was now further away than before: "You never know, i might just come, but if you only knew the truth...." his image of himself started to fade slowly as he saw many past lives over and over again while thinking, what the hell did he do so wrong so that he had to get attached to everyone and everything. He hoped she did not hear him, at least not the last part as he looked after her frail body as she moved further and further away.

"Goodbye.....Khiara" he said those words more to himself than to anyone else as he let his gaze wander off of her onto the surrounding green area. Never being in one with the nature of things around him, he was still unsure was this all a dream, some smoke and mirrors, and illusion. Maybe a memory of a past life? No. It was all too real and it all felt so....different.

Her glimmering night figure turned around just in time to look back at him staring at her as he waved a bit still feeling kind bad about not telling her the truth. But his mind than relaxed a bit realising that if it was meant to be, they would meet again, somewhere, somehow. And than...she will know the truth.

Thread end.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tundris on June 6th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Orion
Drawing: +1
Lore: Secrets of the Self

Khiara
-
Lore: Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Notes:
Orion, I was hesitant to give you the 1xp in this skill because your mention of drawing was both brief and lacking in detail. If you want to gain xp for such skills, you will need to use explicit descriptions of the actions of the skills and how your character is feeling while they are doing it. On suggestion is that you could describe certain strokes of the tool you were using to paint, possibly describe the kind of ink/chalk/pencil/paint whatever it is. Describing mistakes and revisions as well would help you get xp.

Khiara, there wasn't anything your character did that could earn the kind of xp awardable, but overall it seems like it was just a short transitional thread for your character's events, so I hope you can enjoy the lore!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous