Solo [Riverfall Ink] The Silence Of The Mind

Kavala practices a little meditation during her Kuvan Tattooing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall Ink] The Silence Of The Mind

Postby Kavala on November 6th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Timestamp: Early Fall, 512 AV

Kavala set off to get her Kuvan Tattoo. It would grant her citizenship in Riverfall, a status that she lost when she bought her way out of her Nakivak Status. Kavala was mixed on the marking, wanting it and yet feeling like it was long overdue and should have been given to her. Kavala felt like she’d earned it, in a way, with all she’d sacrificed for Riverfall and had been just a bit offended that she’d had to test to get it. Everyone had to test. Kavala didn’t want to be treated differently, but sometimes she thought the Akalak were too protective of their city and of whom they called their own. A pretty face and a nice pair of legs just didn’t get you through the doorway. You had to have more. A force of spirit was required and so too was a physically fit body that would defend the city if necessary.

Riverfall carried no freeloaders, that much was for sure. And while it was a bitter pill to swallow that Kavala had to prove herself not a freeloader, she had done it. Her Kuvan Tests were passed and she was indeed well on her way to full rights. And they were all earned. In a way Kavala felt proud about that, even though she also felt she’d earned them ten times over and no test could truly show that fact. But it was what it was, and here she stood, in front of a small shop on the second tier wondering what in the world she’d do with a new piece of ink on her wrist. They were not windmarks, that was for sure, though she’d bore the pain of getting those tattoos in the small of her back proudly. This one would be different.

Kavala sucked in a breath, set her shoulders, and walked through the doorway. The shop was smaller than she thought. For some reason, Kavala had anticipated a sort of double roomed art studio where tattoos were displayed like gallery paintings in front and the real bloody work went on in back. A man sat at a desk sketching. He looked up when she walked in and smiled. “Greetings, I’m Herrlock and Garad Ethu, the Artists. Do you need a tattoo today?” Kavala nodded.

Image “I passed my citizenry test. I came for my citizen mark.” She said, glancing around. There was a huge sign that artistically displayed the Kuvan Mark and what it would look like on the inside of a man’s wrist. She studied it intently for a moment, and then nodded. She’d seen them before. "I also wanted to customize it, if possible. I have a son, an Akontak, and I’d like a small star in honor of him added beneath it. I want to get one for all my children. I’m a former Nakivak so he’s Akalak.” Kavala said, explaining the addition.

Herrlock nodded. “I have your name on a list of people who’ve passed their citizenship tests. Congratulations. And yes I can add a star to beneath the design no worries. I can customize the design as long as the original version is clearly seen within the customization. What did you pass your test in?” He asked, curious, and in addition trying to get the Konti to warm up and relax. She walked around the room studying all the designs on the wall and then looking at the work he was currently fussing over on the desk. She ran her hand over the three stone slabs at the back of the room, wondering if he ever tattooed three people at once.

“Daggers and Unarmed Combat.”
Kavala answered, her hand unconsciously going to her waist where even now her Tamo’s were concealed. The man smiled, got up from his desk, and patted a chair-shaped stone slab next to where he could work.

“Please sit down. Relax. This won’t take much to get you in and out of here, and if you are tough enough to pass the test, then a little tattooing discomfort shouldn’t bother you.” He said, double checking the cleanliness of his tools. He moved across his inks, starting to reach for the black, and then paused, looking thoughtful. “Do you have any color choice preferences? I have a really lovely silver that would look incredible on you. The ink is almost luminescent. I think black would be too harsh for you.” He said, looking thoughtful as he studied his ink stash and what was there and what wasn’t.

“That sounds lovely. I have windmarks in black and I think they are somewhat harsh. Maybye I’ll get you to go over them with silver as well, to tone them down sometime… if you can do something like that?”
Herrlock nodded as Kavala settled on the stone slab that looked like a molar. It was surprisingly more comfortable than she had originally imagined. Able to put her feet up and lean back, Herrlock made a motion and swung a hidden arm out from the stone and picked up her right arm, inverted it gently, and laid it out on the arm-rest so Kavala didn’t have to hold it up.

Herrlock studied her wrist, looked thoughtful, and then traced his thumb down her veins. He took some sort of marking device, one Kavala hadn’t seen before, and started sketching on her skin.

She noticed he avoided the veins and fine lines of her wrist, and even managed to artistically manipulate the image so it missed her swirls of scales. Then, like she’d asked, he added a tiny star to the bottom of the design. It was hardly noticeable, but it really looked like the star was being honored by the citizenship mark. Kavala blinked rapidly, smiled her approval up at Herrlock and leaned back.

“Kavala, its best if you close your eyes and try to relax. If you can loose yourself in thought this goes a lot faster for you. You are welcome to watch, but I will not be offended if you do not. At the first sign of flinching or tears, I will stop. It is not in my nature to cause women pain.”
He said, speaking firmly and meaning every word he said.

“No, I’ll be fine. I’m just going to close my eyes, relax, and drift away for a while as you make your magic. Its been a long ten day and I haven’t gotten much rest.”
Kavala said, not wanting him to feel she was being rude by not talking to him or keeping too quiet in the chair.

“That sounds fine with me. You ready?”
He asked, dipping his tattoo needle and getting ready to start inking in the design he just finished sketching.

“Absolutely.”
Kavala said, smiling at the man before closing her eyes and leaning back.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on November 6th, 2013, 9:40 pm

As Herrlock moved about, getting his tools together to get the design laid out, Kavala let herself relax. She had a busy mind usually, one filled with chatter. It was sometimes a relief to meditate, letting the voices in her head slow and eventually stop. The silence overwhelmed her at those times, but it was a good sort of silence that lead to a clarity she could not describe. In meditation, Kavala felt a better, maybe even greater, clarity of mind and a feeling of expansiveness. In a way, it linked herself more deeply into her psyche and in turn that linked her more greatly to the world.

Kavala felt the artist rub her skin, testing it, and then felt the first prick of the needles pushing in and out, driving the silvery ink into her skin. It wasn’t exactly painful, but it wasn’t comfortable either. The needles were wide, the holes big, and the ink burned slightly as it settled into her skin. She closed off that part of her mind, the part that felt the pain, and carefully began to let her mind drift in a slow down mode that opened herself to an invitation of the divine.

Meditation, for Kavala, was an opportunity to check in with her spirit, to relax her muscles, and drift in the greater consciousness of the world. She could feel her energy and her djed center, balance, and the tension from stress slowly ebb out of her. Kavala, in many ways, was addicted to the peace that meditation brought. Her breath slowed, deepened, and somehow each lungful meant more than it had a simple moment before. Kavala thought of meditation as a state of relaxed wakeful sustained attention. It was the sort of state that mages and mystics had sought for ages. Priests and priestesses used meditation to advance their connection with their deities, and Kavala was no exception.

Her mother, who was a very wise woman, taught Kavala to think of meditation as akin to the ocean. Her every day habits and thoughts were like waves, while her greater consciousness was the full body of the ocean. Her mother used to say when she meditated; it was like the waves were being reminded of the presence of the ocean and their interconnectedness with it. Kavala thought it was a great vision that connected her to a greater sense of peace and the underlying truth of who she really was.

For inside Kavala, when she relaxed like this, she was tapping a greater pool of dark seething waters that were prone to violence yet housed a huge storehouse of fairness. There was dark and light in that body of water, that ocean, and each time Kavala meditated, she was like a secret swimmer on a sea of her own making – lost within it with no fear of drowning.

And she found after visiting that place inside, that when she opened her eyes and came back to the here and now, everything looked fresh and new. It was as if her eyes had been cleansed and her vision was clearer. Kavala thought it was absolutely vital for a person working in the medical field and doing the things she did for Nysel to also be a competent meditation practitioner. Meditation was an experience. She could really talk about it, but the benefits came from actually practicing it.

A noise distracted her and Kavala frowned.

“Am I hurting you?” Herrlock asked. Kavala cracked her eyes open a moment, and then carefully shook her head.

“No… no sorry. It doesn’t hurt.” Well it did hurt, but not enough to distract her. Kavala redirected her healing gnosis towards her wrist and focused on forgetting about the man gripping it and sliding a needle in and out of it.

She got comfortable again, shifting, until she was in an upright position with her torso directly over her hips. She ground into her sitz bones and lifted the crown of her head slightly, lengthening her spine and giving her lungs more room to breath. Her free hand she placed across her belly.

She inhaled through her nose and let her belly expand into her hands. She exhaled and gently pressed her belly button towards her spine. She inhaled again, letting her stomach expand, then exhaled letting it press in. She relaxed her jaw, then her head, and let her eyelids droop once more. She paid no mind to what the Akalak was doing to her wrist. Instead she focused on herself and her body. Kavala focused on letting her rib cage expand and then contract, wanting her belly breath and her rib breath to be as expansive, as equal. Kavala focused on long slow breaths, filling her body up with the energy of the world and releasing her energy out into the world to join with others.

Her body slowly relaxed, her mind slowly emptied again, and she felt like she was starting to reconnect with the multiverse. Kavala knew there were many ways to meditate, and she was willing to try them all. But one she was familiar with was using a yantra. A yantra was a visual meditation tool that contained a sacred geometric pattern. The pattern was normally something that conveyed a spiritual nature to the viewer. Kavala slowly opened her eyes and focused on the Kuvan mark that was slowly moving from being a sketch on her arm to a permanent fixture. The swirl of the symbol and its different spheres reminded her of the city. Through it, she felt an interconnection with Riverfall and suddenly felt a clarity about why it would be used. She saw the symbol as a living thing, with the main circle as herself, the water fall flowing from it. The other lines and dots leading off were ideas and people, groups and concepts. The Nakivak, for example, were represented there. So too were the Kuvay’Nas. Other groups, the priests and priestesses in town where present on the symbol. Kavala had to decide how they all interacted with herself and how focused she was in terms of wanting and needing to be part of the group. There was also a dividing line between the symbol… it was a pause or a break, and she understood it ass he stared at it. There were the masses and then there were those trying to transcend the masses.

The symbol had a great deal in it. It was involved, complex, and had a mysterious wisdom to it. Kavala let her eyes roam the symbol, kept her breathing steady, and took a deep solid inhales and exhales to make sure the energy kept flowing. As she did so, she pictured the energy of the city flowing into her, and she visualized her own djed flowing out of her, infusing the world with her blend, adding just one more flavor to the whole host of flavors already present.

Kavala signed, smiled slightly, and fell deeper into the meditation. Herrlock and all that he was doing fell away, even though the ink was only more and more revealed under his watchful artist’s eyes and skilled artists hands.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on November 17th, 2013, 4:56 pm

The Konti continued to drift in her mind, letting her thoughts empty or fill upon the whims of her subconscious. That was partially what meditation was about. Meditation clarified thought, and let the root of some problems out. Actively practiced, meditation often gave certain strength to a person that revolved around their mental fortitude and all the power within the body that drove that fortitude. One thing her mother had taught her as a child was about her centers of power. All Drykas believed in them and thus Kavala’s Konti mother had immediately adopted the teachings as well. Being an Opal healer, Ay’aka knew a great many types of medical practices. Meditation was one of her specialties. And as a little girl, Kavala and Akela often had to sit with her to meditate as well, learning her ways.

It had been ages since Kavala had given much thought to centers of power, but they were root teachings. Ay’aka had claimed that each and every person had seven, and they glowed with an inner light that was all their own. As the tattoo artist painfully pierced her skin, Kavala felt her mind drift towards her own centers of power and decided to recreate something that her mother had taught her at her knee as a toddler. It was a powerful meditation exercise designed to teach children to pay attention to their bodies and how their bodies were functioning.

Kavala took a deep breath, knowing the best way to think about her centers of power was to start from the top down, visualizing each, and then adding their output to her aura. The Konti concentrated, and after a moment, she could just about visualize the power center over her crown. The crown light, as her mother had called it, was the seventh center of power and a deep violent in color. It controlled the connection a person had to the spirit, understanding, knowing, bliss, and oneness. It was also where one’s contact with the Gods was the strongest. Kavala pictured the crown light as a flower that opened up and gave off sparks, glowing like a spinning flame that shot off violet flickers of light like a raging bonfire at night. The sparks trailed down her right side and circled beneath her bottom, rising again up her left side and rejoining with the center where it flowed around itself. It was called the crown light because it did not exactly reside fully in her body. But rather, the violet orb was a glowing crown of light that poured from the top of her head, circling in the slight hollow at the very top of her skull.

Kavala could feel it, even with her eyes closed, and could see with her mind’s eye the sparks flowing around her. Holding the violet color in her mind’s eye like a beloved friend, Kavala pictured it clean of impurities and spinning happily, glowing brightly. Kavala breathed deeply, held it the breath, and then slowly eased her air out in one smooth exhale. Inhaling through her mouth and exhaling through her nose. Normally one breathed opposite, but during meditation, the object was to focus on one’s mind, not on one’s sense of smell. Thus the breath passed the opposite way. Slowly Kavala relaxed, the tension in her shoulders eased, and Herrlock, still busy with her tattoo, decided she’d fallen asleep.

The next center of power Kavala visualized was her third eye. It could be seen as a glowing orb, a flower, or anything else that was fitting. Kavala often simply thought of it as an actual eye, placed in the center of her forehead, open and viewing what was normally unseen to her usual gaze. The power center of her third eye involved her Konti gift, clairvoyance, psychic abilities, and her imagination. When she visualized her third eye, Kavala knew it was supposed to be indigo, a deep dark blue that was a transitional shade between her crown power center and her throat power center’s bright blue. But when she thought of it, her third eye was murky, cloudy, and had a pallid grey color to it. Kavala almost lost her meditative relaxation when she acknowledged this. Her mother would be appalled.

Deep in thought Kavala concentrated on the indigo glow, her third eye, and slowly began to visualize the color cleaning out, the dull murky grey getting burned out. Inadvertently she pulled power in the form of djed from the rest of her body and pushed it into the spinning power center, bleeding the grey out, burning it off until only the bright indigo color remained. Instantly Kavala felt better and could not believe how much more ‘open’ she felt in her awareness to sense things around her.

Once the indigo third eye was clear, she utilized the same technique she’d done with the crown and visualized the sparks on the eye whirling off, and added them to the shower of the purple coming off her crown. The indigo fell, circled under her and rose up again to continue to house her in a shell of purple and indigo light. Some of the sparks rejoined the whirling third eye as they passed, but others simply freely flowed around her body.

Already she could feel a new awareness of that body – strengths, weaknesses, and strangers pressing needles into her skin. For a moment the pain was overwhelming as she lost focus on the meditation. But in a heartbeat she recaptured it and was once more back in her shower of indigo and purple sparks.

Kavala moved lower, still concentrating on the meditation.

Her fifth power center was a deep brilliant blue, burning brightly and almost overcompensating for the one above it, the sixth at her third eye. The blue center was her throat, and Kavala almost mentally smiled to understand that it was either so bright and blue and healthy because she was a good communicator, orator and incredibly self-expressive. Those were the traits that the throat power center embodied. But the Konti took time to reflect on the issue if her fifth power center was healthy because she was good at something or she was good at it because her power center at her throat was amazingly strong. The Konti suspected they both played into being, but was sure her mother would say that she was a good speaker because her throat power center was so strong.

Kavala concentrated; completely unaware that Herrlock was still inking her wrist, and added the brilliant sparks of blue to her colored whole body fountain. The blue sparks joined the indigo and purple to circle her body repeatedly like a lovely beautiful fountain.
The strength of the colors around her was now so solid that Kavala herself felt stronger, more able to cope with life.
Last edited by Kavala on November 17th, 2013, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on November 17th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Kavala never broke concentration. Even as Herrlock switched colors, adding a delicate sunset orange and pink to his needles to highlight some of the orbs floating around the design on Kavala’s wrist, she didn’t notice. Instead, her meditation was taking her lower, to her heart power center that was glowing a brilliant green. It wasn’t pure, however, not like her blue throat center was. Her heart center was glowing because of the love she had in her for all those in her life – friends, family, the animals she cared for, and even her lovers. But there were murky spots in it as well… spots where Ronan had caused damage because he’d told her she was not human enough for him, for the Drykas as a whole. She could clearly see the damage he’d done to her and she frowned over it, telling herself inside how sorry she was she’d let it get to that point. Gentle mental hands reached out and smoothed at the center, pulling the bits of baggage out of the orb as it slowly whirled. Cugacon’s rape of her was there too, and its darkness was influencing a lot of her decisions with Riaris and Recoomans. She could see it plainly in her relaxed state.

Tasival’s father’s disappearance was a grey mark on Kavala’s heart center as well. She hadn’t known what had happened to him and ultimately she wondered deep down if all he’d wanted was a child and more status in the city rather than to be with her. It wasn’t the only blemish though. Recoomas had made fresh ones on her, and the dappling of dampened green power was prominent throughout her heart center from her capture where her innocence had been stolen and her hatred of slavers – especially human males – had gotten started. Many women died when they were captured either from being ill used or from lack of food, water, and good sanitation. She was sure Rak’keli had a hand in it, the healers mark on her giving her the ability to cleanse things – food, water, wounds.

Kavala’s heart center reflected all of this. But it also burned brightly due to her love for Riaris. Deep in meditation, Kavala viewed this center as if she herself were sitting there, chin dropped on her chest, and staring at her heart. Her perspective was from above and down, looking into her body and seeing the glowing imperfect center functioning but burdened. The healer reached out long mental fingers and began to comb at her heart center, pulling out the guilt, the blame and the burden of all those loves and losses and of innocence shattered. She left her feelings for Riaris and her emotions centered on Recoomas. They were current and still unfolding. So in no way did she want to diminish them or negatively impact them by manipulating her heart power center. And as she did so, cleaning out the muddled debris, she felt better immediately. The love she had for herself swelled, and what followed was pride in what she’d accomplished and all that she was going to try to do. Her heart gave her power and courage to do more, be more, and strive to make things better. Her heart center governed love, balance, and compassion. And suddenly, with clarity of thought, she felt compassion for Recoomas like she had never felt for Riaris. She wanted to be his friend before anything else. And the thought made her smile, knowing that was possible and probable… if he’d let her. Kavala suspected no one wanted to be Recoomas’ friend because social situations didn’t interest him.

However, her meditation wasn’t about her love life or the pair of men she wanted and needed in her life more than air and water. It was about herself. So she pulled herself back to the task at hand and calmly began feeding more energy into the heart center. She got it spinning and sparking until she too could add the brilliant bright grass green color to her fountain. Sparks streaked off, joining the glow around her passing down her right side and up over her left side circling her like an aura. Individual glittering sparks dove into the center, refueled, and spun outwards circling her. The mental meditation invigorated her and caused her to relax even more under the needle until Herrlock was convinced she was sound asleep.

Kavala moved lower in her meditation, to where a yellow glow was giving off a light not unlike their sun. It was buried in her chest, deep within her solar plexus, and controlled her mental function, personal power, sense of control, and personal freedom. Kavala’s third power center glowed pure, bright, and almost blinding. The Konti smiled to herself and unleashed the power of that center, flooding the already sparkling waterfall around her with yellow glitter that circled her body and gave her aura a sparkling sunshine glow.

Kavala moved on as Herrlock began outlining more of the little orbs that infused her Kuvan design. The main was almost completely able to be ignored now, her mind so clear. Kavala took a pause to sit back and enjoy the colors that were already circling her like a second skin. Purple, indigo, blue, green and yellow. They were not colors Kavala would normally pick for herself, but the form of medical meditation she practiced predated her birth by hundreds upon hundreds of years. And who knew? Maybe the Konti who taught her had borrowed the knowledge from even further back.

Kavala inhaled deeply, let the colors swirl around her, and opened her eyes to check on Herrlocks’ progress. Her arm was red now where he gripped it, and red too around the new ink he’d worked into her wrist. The design was beautiful and nearly complete. All he was doing was filling in the orbs and highlighting on some of his work so the design was far more than a black and white image. It was instead multiple colored with highlights that made the pattern of the waterfall motif slide off her wrist.

The artist turned, met her gaze and smiled. “Doing okay? You are awfully quiet. Most of my clients chatter nervously through their first tattoo.” He offered a quick grin as he changed out needles and switched inks.

“I’m just fine. It looks lovely so far.” Kavala complimented him, offering a smile and getting comfortable by shifting on the couch, though not moving her wrist as she did so. He nodded, began again, and Kavala closed her eyes once more.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on November 17th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Kavala concentrated as Herrlock got back to work. She focused on her deep breathing for a moment, and thought about breath as she got back into her meditation. The colors of her first five power centers were still swirling around her, so that gave her an oportunity to relax and focus.

A person moved in coordination with breath. That was important for her to remember. She could not forget that breath was the basis of life. And in combination with food and djed, it was one of the three most important things that made up the universal energy that was her body. A person had to move in conjunction with breathing, always, in order to live. In meditation, as well, Kavala remembered the most important fact. Inhalations equated to tension where exhalations equated to relaxation and release. Kavala knew she had to breath very slowly, very deeply, very steadily and very consciously. It was counter productive to pant, breath fast, or get in a hurry. One could not relax if one wasn’t being fed a steady amount of air. Without air, there was no life. So in breathing and breathing well, Kavala was giving her body life. And to those trained in meditation, breath was like a wave through the body, one complete motion, not broken into inhalations and exhalations.

So as her tattoo was wrapped up, getting its finishing touches, Kavala worked on her breath, and then was going to continue examining her power centers, having only two left. But she knew her breath needed work first. People got so lost, so often, either in their heads or buried in their problems. A lot of the confusion and lost feeling, the feeling of being off balance or lost, could be found in just correcting one’s breathing. Balancing ones’ breath meant balancing ones’ energies and once they did so, often some of the overwhelming problems in life would vanish. Kavala suspected this was because breath released djed, but she had no real proof. And as a healer, Kavala wondered if djed didn’t sometimes work like sheidling and djed did…. Meaning if you had all that djed held inside of you and confined with negative emotions like depression, anxiety, insecurity, fear… would it get accidentally tasked like djed got purposefully tasked in shielding? And if that djed hung around, wouldn’t it just magnify the problem? So breath released things.. emotions, feelings, even djed. It released those things into the world and cleansed your body.

So Kavala breathed.

Kavala began by filling her diaphragm with a huge slow steady breath completely. It was the type of breath she would call cleansing as a Healer. She brought air in through her nose and then out through her nose again, defying the use of her mouth at all. As she did so, Kavala could feel the breath and the meditation as a whole lowering her blood pressure, giving her relief from stress, and making her feel overall better. She kept her breath smooth, even as she did so, using the mediatative time in Riverfall ink to check in with her body. Meditation, to Kavala, helped her relax, concentrate, and gave her a chance to self-observe. It also gave her an altered state of awareness that tended to bleed over into other skills. Kavala was a better fighter, a better healer, and a better mother when she came out of meditation. And she suspected she’d be far happier with a loss of the exhausted feeling she’d have leaving her Kuvan test and coming here.

Calm now, deep in thought, Kavala moved on to her other remaining power centers. The whirl of color was still circling her, still firm in her mind, and her power centers from her crown to her solar plexus were doing well and still as clear and bright as she left them. Kavala moved on, dropping lower, into her stomach region. The sacral power center governs emotions, relationships, sexuality, self-worth, creativity, and empathy. It was a bright orange color, deeply beautiful, the type of orange that made you wants to weep for joy and feel energized all at once. There was a lot of power there… a lot of bright beautiful energy. Kavala was blinded by it momentarily and was pleased by its perfection. But the more she got used to the energy and the site of the center aglow in her minds eye, Kavala wondered if it was a real glow or not a false bravado. Braving the brilliance, the woman moved her awareness down, buried it deep into the sacral region and saw for the first time what was real. Everything was healthy, but the brilliant glow of happiness masked the spots of darkness on her sexuality and the self-worth. The self-worth was normal, Kavala assumed, so she reached forward and blushed at the parts that involved her self esteem and understood she was normal. These blemishes were supposed to be there.

But on her sexuality issues, that part of her power center, she could see the damage. And there was no way she could see to fix it either. There were two things. One more recent than the other, was her rape at Cugacon’s hands. It had put a damper in her confidence and left her with self doubts. The second, and by far the biggest, was the issue of the man who had hurt her as a child captured on the Grass. He’d cut her badly, repeatedly, and tin that way took his pleasure from her. He’d manipulated Kavala’s pain center so her mind eventually started perceiving cuts as routes to pleasure to cope with the abuse. Kavala frowned at the glowing orange orb. She massaged it like she had the others, trying to coax the blackness out of it. But there was little hope it was going to be salvageable on the first working. More meditation would be needed, perhaps a lifetime to correct the damage. And though it was there – she could see it – the damage didn’t limit the power her sacral center put out. Concentrating, Kavala redirected that power, that sparking of orange, tino the whirling waterfall that already surrounded her. Orange made the yellow and green, blue and indigo, and finally purple really feel more complete. All they were lacking was red.

Kavala moved further down.

The root power center’s color was a deep crimson red. It embodied grounding, stability, and physical needs. It also governs security, survival, manifestation, and the material world the soul interacted in who owned it. Kavala could see it all at a glance, note what it was meant to do, and enjoy it for itself. This one, unlike the others in her body, was burning at a reasonable brightness and had a healthy glow to it. She really didn’t have to do anything to the root power center, except dive into it with her awareness and let its power fold around her comfortingly. She was secure, for the most part, in her life both physically and emotionally. Kavala was definitely secure in her health and also in her finances… so that helped booster up survival and the manifestation of things and the solidity of the material world.

She released the crimson to flow upwards, arch over her head, and flow downwards, joining the other colors in a waterfall. The waterfall of unseen power cascading down her right side and up her left side, flowing in one continuous swirl of sparks helped the other spheres. For when it touched them, gathering energy from them and colors into its mass, it also gave to them energy in the form of raw djed which buoyed the lacking ones up and helped dim the ones that were over bright. The overall experience of the meditation put a soft smile onto Kavala’s face. So when she finally relaxed, let the waterfall slide off and the sparks return to their own power centers, Herrlock was completed.

He looked like he’d been sitting there watching her for a while, his eyes taking on a soft glassy glow. She recognized the look and gave him a half smile. “Auristics?” She asked softly, half not wanting to know his answer.

“Yes.” He said, and then chuckled. “I don’t often award Kuvan their tattoos, and its even rarer that I do so for a healer. But you shine brightly, Kavala, even with all your flaws. And one thing I wish you’d take with you, if I might be so bold. Embrace your flaws. No one is perfect, and being perfect would be the most boring thing in the world anyhow. You are who you are, no matter what amount of change you think you need, The Gods made very one of us perfect. You should understand that.” Kavala laughed, nodded, and reached forward to lay a hand on his shoulder.

“Thank you. I will keep that in mind.”
She told him before turning over her wrist and gasping. The mark was there, but it was surrounded by a cascade of color that resembled her meditative practice. The symbol was awash in purple, indigo, blue, green, yellow and orange. Kavala smiled, looked up at him, and said her thanks. “It’s beautiful. Thank you for such fantastic work.” The Konti praised.

Herrlock just smiled. “I have other customers. Its time you got going.” He said, then nodded towards the door. Kavala grinned, slipped out of her chair, and set off to do as he bid her too… leave.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 18th, 2013, 12:23 am

XP Award!

Kavala:

XP Award:
  • +5 Meditation
  • Example 2

Lore:
  • Tattoo: Kuvan Mark, customized star
  • Meditation: Akin to the ocean, everything interconnected
  • Kuvan Symbol: Involved, complex and with a Mysterious wisdom.
  • Ronan: Lasting Damage to her heart center
  • Visualization: Removal of hurts and hatred, Guilt and anger

Comments :
I really enjoyed this solo. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns, and don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request. .

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)