Closed Beauty and the Beast (Krysanthe,Iosha,Ishgrameer Windwalker)

Inshin and Krysanthe meets, and after Inshin proves himself quite inept at handling his social standing, she decides to help him survive as a dek in Wind Reach.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Beauty and the Beast (Krysanthe,Iosha,Ishgrameer Windwalker)

Postby Inshin Taelian on December 5th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Timestamp: 6th of Winter 512

Inshin shivered. The Cold embraced him softly. This, however seemed to ignite Winds jealousy, for it blew against him, and bit him in the face over and over again. And it bit hard enough for Inshin to feel it all the way into the spine. As always when he was feeling a little uneasy, Shade was standing beside him, murmuring to him about just whatever seemed to come into his mind, while Inshin worked at the Floor with ferocity, trying to make it happy, by cleaning away all the Dirt. The Dirt, however didn't always seem to want to budge away from the Floor, and it was really hard work, trying to get it all clean. He sighed, Shade seemed bent on trying to make him give it up and go out and try hunt for some food instead. He mainly tried to ignore the Despair, however, since he didn't really feel all that much like going out to hunt for what meagre animals might be out there, instead of earning money, and buy some food in the city instead. Also, he did have quite a bit of money hidden away from his rather successful life as a highwayman and robber. Being a very small nocturnal animal did have it's advantages at times.

Inshin started thinking about all the items he had bought earlier. He had gone completely wild shopping, and only realized afterwards that he didn't really have anyplace to put it, while he wasn't using it, so he finally hid it in the outskirts of the city, where he'd been able to build himself a little hideout. It was actually just a piece of wood, and some blankets, hidden away behind a hole in a wall, where nobody had been for ages, judging from the depressed Rocks. He smiled dimly, his face contorting in a hideous mask, and stopped moving, thinking about his new little "home". It wasn't much, but it was good enough for him to be able to survive winter, he thought. This was an interesting, and rather fun city, and he was thrilled to see what next would happen.

Suddenly he heard somebody speak to him in Nari. The One Who Spoke seemed mad, but Inshin didn't quite make out what he said. It did, however, sound something like: "OI! Get back... work!"
Inshin frowned, he wasn't quite sure what a backwork was, but he didn't like the idea of talking to the One, since it seemed pretty obvious that he was a Despair. And the less you speak to Despairs, the better, Inshin had learned, and the Despair was a new one, and new Despairs sometimes just disappeared if you ignored them.
"Hey! Did you hear me, scum?"
The Despair had now gone over to common speech, which Inshin could understand much better, despite the heavy accent. He didn't, however, quite see why he deserved to be called 'scum'. He turned to the Despair, and scoffed.
"Who are you to call me scum, you damn Despair. Now leave me alone!" The scarred man said, with the faint hope that the Despair would leave him alone, but supposing that it wouldn't.

He was right on that accord. The Despair didn't leave him alone. In fact, the Despair walked up to Inshin and punched him straight in the face, making him collapse on the ground, with blood suddenly running out of his nose.
"Who am I? WHO I AM TO CALL YOU SCUM??! Let me tell you something, you goddamned dek, I. Can. Call. You. What. Ever. The. Hell. I. Want. To."
The Despair marked each of the last words with a brutal kick to Inshins stomache, but Inshin didn't even try to defend himself from the attack. He was far too shocked to do that. The despair had touched him! And it was hurting. He started to wail and roll around, contorting his face, just like he had been taught to do whenever somebody struck him. That gave OverDespair more money, and then he didn't hit as hard, which in the end was good. But this time, this didn't help one bit. The mans kicks just became more and more ferocious, and Inshin tried to calm him down with more intense wails, whith the result being even more kicks.
Last edited by Inshin Taelian on December 10th, 2012, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love, Companion, Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Shade and Enemy are all imaginary characters who are a creation by Inshin himself, to ease the pain of being alone for too long. So is every feeling with capitalized letters in the middle of sentences. If you see a capitalized letter that shouldn't be there, chances are high that it's an imaginary being, whom your character can't hear. Do remember this.
Inshin Taelian
Livy~

Words: 9866
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2012, 8:18 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Beauty and the Beast (Krysanthe,Iosha,Ishgrameel Windwalker)

Postby Krysanthe on December 9th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Krysanthe had been feeling incredibly lonely that 6th day of Winter, 512 AV. In the past few weeks she had come to terms with just how few friends she actually had. She realized that basically her entire life, she had been pushing people away, and as far as she assumed, this was a good thing for her. She hated being around people. She had tried making friends once, and it was horrible. Still, when her nightmares kept her from sleeping, when she had a slow day, when she got yelled at, when she got stepped on, when she got ignored, pushed aside, kicked and spit on (metaphorically of course. Her mind often exaggerated just how horrible her life was. If anything could be said of Krys, it was that she was, for the most part, a pessimist.) she felt like all she really wanted was someone to talk to about it. But no, she had to walk alone through the corridors of Wind Reach with nowhere to go and no one to talk to, by no one's fault other than her own.

Needless to say, she wasn’t in the happiest of moods. She was feeling dejected, rejected, and straight up put off. It wouldn’t take much to set her off on a rampage when she was in this kind of attitude, for she was feeling very volatile, just waiting for a trigger. For that reason, when she saw someone beating down a young man who had been trying to scrub the floors, well, she wasn’t just going to let her introverted side keep her standing by doing nothing.

In all honesty, her introverted side should get at least a little credit for holding her back for a considerable amount of the encounter. She had seen the whole thing. She had actually seen it coming; she anticipated it. The dek was scrubbing the floors, got lost in his thoughts, was yelled at to get back to work, ignored the man, a few insults were exchanged and then this happened and that happened and next thing she knew, the poor dek got a deck to the face. A large part of Krys just wanted her to follow the crowd of most of the Inarta and told her to just turn her head the other way. The man of the higher caste, whatever it may be, was probably just having a bad day and taking it out on a human punching bag. Maybe the drudge deserved it; maybe he didn't. The general consensus of the crowd was to simply let it go.

Of course on a day like today, there must have been something in the air that was setting people off, for Krys was about to shoot off like a firecracker. The man doing the kicking, who had probably already been having a worse day than Krys, was about to fall even deeper into the abyss of bad days. Oh well, too bad for him. "Hey! You!" Krys shouted, storming over to the an with fire in her eyes and purpose in her stride.

The man ignored her. This only frustrated Krys further, her anger growing with every wail, with every kick, with every moment that he continued. She reached out a hand to him and grabbed his shoulder, swinging him around with surprising force. The glassworker may seem thin, but her muscle is a part of the job. The man seemed ready to throw a punch in Krys's direction until he realized his attacker was a woman, one who was clearly not of a lower caste. Krys assumed he was a fellow avora. He just had that stuck-up-but-not-humble kind of look that most did. She knew the endals to have a certain amount of humility, but this guy just radiated self-love. It was sickening. "What gives?" He demanded, as if second guessing his choice not to hit her.

"Listen, buddy. Why don't you go crawl back to the little hole you crept out of this morning and leave this guy alone." She jabbed a finger in the injured dek's direction.

"Oh please. Take a long walk." The man scowled, turning away from Krys with a roll of his eyes.

"Excuse me?" Krys responded, clearly upset even further.

"Yeah! Excuse you!" The man replied. "Who do you think you are, anyways!"

Hello, passive-aggressive. "What does it matter who I am? What matters is what you are, and that is just a petching child who is too immature to handle his problems like a big boy. Next time you want a punching bag, why don't you find someone who can actually fight back instead of beating down a guy who didn't do anything wrong."

"Don't you dare call me a child! You didn't hear what he called me!"

"Why I'm sure that he was just trying to be honest."

"Why you little-"

"What?" she challenged, taking a step closer to the man. She was rather tall and the man was not exceptionally so, so the height difference alone made her appear rather intimidating. Naturally the man could probably beat her down without much effort, but judging by the crude injuries to the dek he really didn't know much about brawling, not that Krys actually did. Still, she could at least try to be frightening. "Do you really want to finish that sentence?"

He seemed unimpressed. No surprise. He drew his hand back, as if ready to slap her in the face, but he hadn't noticed the vulnerable position he had put himself in. Not giving him the chance to strike her, she kicked him right between the legs. He doubled over. Krys knelt down in front of him. "I didn't think so. Next time you want to kick someone, remember what it feels like to be kicked." She stood up. "Now get out of here."

The man struggled to get to his feet, mumbling some very unkind things about Krys before he stumbled away.

Krys hadn't realized the small audience that had formed. She hadn't intended to make a scene. She felt her introverted side pulling the edge away from her, once again containing the fire. It was the way of the Inarta to be volatile like this, but it just wasn't like Krys. She blushed, trying to ignore the people, distracting herself by heading to the injured man's side. She knelt by him, a bit frightened by his condition. Would she need to take him to the infirmary? He was just a dek after all. What would they do for him? She didn't know anything about fighting or healing so she had just no idea if his injuries were threatening to his well being at all. He was probably dying. He probably couldn't talk. She bet that he was in a lot of pain. She bet that she wasn't fast enough, that that guy did permanent damage. (Then again, she was a pessimist.) Not really knowing what else to say or how to say it, Krys spouted the first thing that came to her head, even if it was the stupidest thing she had said in a long time. "Are you okay?"

OOCWoo! That was fun. I made a half-fight scene so there would be a crowd to make it easier for you guys to jump in. :)
Update 12/30: -My list- Defining the Different - Beauty and the Beast - A Pinion a Pair - Always the Quiet Ones - Grief

"Why is it that the cherished moments we love the most are gone in a heartbeat... and the moments that we wish could just be done with never seem to end? The answer: It is truly the smallest moments of laughter and love that we are to remember forever, simply because it was gone so soon that it lingers in our minds..."
Krysanthe
The Living Contradiction

Words: 130540
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Beauty and the Beast (Krysanthe,Iosha,Ishgrameel Windwalker)

Postby Iosha on December 10th, 2012, 2:25 am

Hiding in a corner of the bath, Iosha sat in a bath located by the wall. She didn't feel comfortable at all bathing with men at the moment, but everywhere she looked naked Inarta men were everywhere around her, so she keep from turning into a cherry. She keeps her eyes on the ceiling. Iosha hears footsteps and sees a young man carrying towels walking towards her. Iosha's eyes immediately go wide as she watches him his manhood walking towards her. She sinks farther down into the water, so when he get to her, she can be well submerge, so only thing he could see is head. When he gets to her, he kneels down beside the water. Iosha starts fanatically thinking to herself, “OK Io keep your eyes on the water and don't you dare look at his...” The attendant asks in a soft but helpful voice, “Do you need any soap, shampoo, or towel. If you don't have any of your own, we can provide them for you. If you don't want to wash your hair yourself, I can wash it for you.”

When he offer to wash her hair, she turned her head to look at him. Making her first mistake of the day, she look over and stares straight at it. Suddenly her pale cheeks turn beet red as her eyes are locked on it for a few moments. When she realizes, she was staring at it. She looks down straight into the water and says to him without looking up, “Well...I..well..could use some soup and shampoo. Also I could you a towel. Yes, a big towel that covers my whole body from head to toe and a smaller one to dry my hair. Yes..that would be..splendid.” Still looking at the water, Iosha hears the attendant chuckle and says softy, “You must be new here, and I am sure your not used to all of this around you. “ Iosha sinks deeper into the water and thinks to herself, “Oh Rak'keli please make him go away right now, so I can just die.” Iosha refuses to look at him and says meekly, “Yes, I must scream foreigner don't I.” The attendant laughs and says softy, “Your silver hair and you scales kind of give it away. Tell you what I'll leave you be and get the things you need for your bath.” He rests a comforting hand on her shoulder, and she jumps a little. He says to her with a hint of amusement in his voice, “In a year or two, you will be like the rest of Inartans. Give it time... Well I will be back.” He puts the largest towel he can find by her and heads off to find the soap and the shampoo. Iosha makes her second mistake and notices he is well muscled from head to toe. She quickly pulls her eyes away again and starts thinking to herself, “By all the gods and goddess, Iosha keep your eyes on the water..”

When he comes back, the attendant gives her the courtesy of keeping his eyes on the ceiling. Iosha looks at his face and smiles up at him says softly to him, “Thank you for bringing me these things, and also thank you for being polite.” The attendant turns around with his eyes on the ceiling and says softly, “I am here to make you stay at the baths as comfortable as possible if you need anything else just ask for me.” After he leaves, Iosha finishes up with her bathing. She stands up and gets out of the water. She quickly wraps the towel around her before anyone notices her. She takes the small towel and dries off her hair. She decides to make her way down to the mirrors to comb her hair.

When she makes it down to the main floor, she notices a Dek laying on the floor holding his his bloody nose. Also, She see a young Inartan woman yelling in Nari at the man. Who apparently struck the Dek. Suddenly, they exchange some more harsh words that Iosha doesn't understand at all, so the young woman kicks the man in crotch causing him to double over in pain. She smiles to herself at the ferocity of the young woman. She decides to make her way through the crowd to the victim and his protector. She watches the man stumbles away. She walks up besides the young woman and says in common, “I guess we both share the same finishing move.” She giggles to herself, and she says to fiery haired woman, “By the way,You did a brave thing there. You should be proud of yourself. I am sure he is..” After saying those few things to the protector, Iosha kneels down next to Dek. Suddenly, she gets a closer look and the man is hideously deformed. She wasn't sure if it was a birth defects or the result of all the scars on his face, but she doesn't care and lays a comforting hand on his shoulder and says in common to him, “Hello friend. My name is Iosha Moonchaser, and I am healer of Rak'Keli. Can I help you with your injuries.”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ishgrameer Windwalker on December 11th, 2012, 2:18 am

Ishgrameer had been bathing in the baths, and had been enjoying the solitude that it afforded him. Even though he was surrounded by other bathers he still had his current spot all to himself. Perhaps it had something to his facial features, or perhaps it had something to do with the fact that he kept slinking down into the water so that only his eyes would be above the water. He kept spinning his head round and round, and he imagined that it probably a little freaked out by the sight. Still he couldn’t help himself because he felt a little giddy by the execution of such a childish action.

His bath was located in the corner of the bathhouse, and he’d been surveying the rest of the visible baths with a mixture of alertness and simple curiosity. Far off at the other wall a young woman was having-what he thought was-an embarrassing moment. She did not necessarily blend in with the rest of the Inartans, and he was pretty sure she was not native to these lands. An attendant came up to his bath after a while, and asked him if he needed anything. Ishgrameer poked his head above the water and said “A towel would be nice, if it’s not too much trouble, and perhaps a little shampoo and soap” and Ishgrameer smiled. The attendant returned the smile and walked away.

Shortly afterwards the attendant returned and Ishgrameer stood up in order to scrub himself and wash his hair. A few minutes and some scrubs later Ishgrameer was squeaky clean. He took the towel that had been laid out for him by the kind attendant and stood. He got out of the bath noticing that the lovely lady at the end that he’d seen blush earlier was still bathing. He walked down and over to where his clothes were being held. After a short amount of time Ishgrameer was getting the last of his straps done on his night leather armor when he saw a fight break out on his way to the exit. Some struggle had been breaking out before his arrival and so he took a step forward in order to diffuse the issue. However before he even took the step he noticed a fiery inartan female-not only fiery because of her red hair-making her way through the crowd of people. She confronted the man and after a short few minutes, and a blow or two the man who had been beating the Dek limped away with whatever remained of his manhood.

The man on the ground looked bruised, and he had probably suffered some damage from the beating. He would surely need healing. Something about him seemed familiar, and after studding his face with its myriad of scars he realized the man was most likely a Kelvic, but that was just a guess. Probably a bat based on the facial features. It was then that Ishgrameer had finished the last of his straps, and let his now dry hair cascade across his shoulders. He also managed to notice the lovely woman from before make her way up to the fiery Inartan and exchange a few words with her first, and then the Dek on the floor. That word still sounded strange to him, but he supposed humans had always found a reason for titles and castes.

Now that the last of the conflict seemed behind them Ishgrameer thought it best to offer his help. The man would surely need some steady medical attention if he hoped to come out of this without any long term damage. He finally arrived before the trio, and bowed as a sign that he meant no harm and was wishing to help. “Hello, my name is Ishgrameer Windwalker. I saw what happened, and I was hoping that you would allow me to assist you…” the last part was directed at the two more coherent women “and may a say you have strong legs” he said to the Inartan.

He crouched trying to study the man’s wounds better. He hoped that they’d receive him well despite his attire and stature. He put a large but weathered hand on the Dek’s side and spoke in a soothing tone “Now now. The worst of times are long behind you by the looks of you. We’ll have you as energetic as a chipmunk in no time. What is your name? Don't worry take your time.”
Ishgrameer Windwalker
In flight, you are free

Words: 57893
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inshin Taelian on December 20th, 2012, 4:28 am

OOCJust a little explanation. I've been really busy lately, I've gotten struck by insomnia, depression and a shitload of work. There hasn't been any time at all to make even a decent post up until now, so I didn't really fell like posting at all, if I couldn't even make it good~

Anyway, one thing I need you to know is that colours are more or less emotions for Inshin, except when describing an object. Or rather, it describes Inshins feelings towards the subject, but yet not quite so. Thus, a black carpet can also be Green, if Inshin doesn't feel quite content with it. Just so you all can follow me at some parts of it all. To make it clearer when to think of it as an emotion, and when not to think of it as an emotion, I'll capitalize the first letters in the emotion-colours. It's a little hard to explain, but he sees the object in different colours, depending on how he feels about them. There, I'm done rambling. Let's get writing!

Inshin whimpered weakly. The world hade gone empty for a short while, and Inshin had been floating in Brown space, which he did not quite enjoy, for obvious reasons. He then returned to a much more pleasant, and colour-filled world. His body hurt, and quite badly at that, but he didn't feel as much pain any more, which probably meant that the beating had stopped. Then again, there was no way of knowing whether it'd start all over again. He looked up, and saw three Beings looking down at him. It was clear, however, that these were no despairs. That Inshin could tell, as he couldn't see very much Black in their faces. He groaned, coughed up some blood, and then he contorted his hideous face in what was meant to be a smile. They all seemed to care about his well-being for now, so he figured that he should at least treat them nicely and not talk back to them in a bad manner. He tried as hard as he could to remember his younger days, when is Mother had tried to teach him how to talk in a way that humans liked. Himself, he didn't feel all too comfortable with the flowery and exaggerated way that most humans liked to talk, but he tried his best nontheless. They seemed to worry about his health for some reason, so his smile was meant to ease their worry.

"Heh... Good day. Don't worry about me. There's nothing wrong with me, not one bit. He didn't hit me too hard. I will be fine in a little while. I always am." He said, in common tongue, while trying his best to sound reassuring, like he really was fine. He wasn't, of course, but he did try to seem that way. His mom had told him never to be a bother towards humans, and he tried his best to live by that rule. He considered this, and then he remembered that humans liked to apologize as well, so he decided to do this too. "I'm very sorry to have bothered you all!" He said,while trying, and failing, to stand up. He only managed to get into a sitting position, before he felt an intense pain in his stomache and coughed blood once more. It didn't hurt all too bad, though. He had felt worse. However, he was still unable to quite grasp why the man had started hurting him. He had heard that he wasn't permitted to hit people, after all. Then again, that might have been untrue. He figured that that was it, and that you were actually permitted to hit people, if you felt like it. He looked around himself, while trying to decide whether to ask the persons around him about that, or not to do so.

OOCWell, I'm tired, and a bit stressed, so this will do. I hope Inshins peculiarities are coming through in a way that you can understand. He is, after all, quite a weird one... ;)

Let's try to up the pace here a little bit from now on, okay? =)
Love, Companion, Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Shade and Enemy are all imaginary characters who are a creation by Inshin himself, to ease the pain of being alone for too long. So is every feeling with capitalized letters in the middle of sentences. If you see a capitalized letter that shouldn't be there, chances are high that it's an imaginary being, whom your character can't hear. Do remember this.
Inshin Taelian
Livy~

Words: 9866
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2012, 8:18 pm
Character sheet

Postby Harrier on August 1st, 2013, 2:04 am

Skills Amount
Cosmetology 1

Lore
Inartans like to bathe together; I don't
Dekly Compassion

Bonus:

Additional Comments: As with the other two, I gave what I could for these abandoned threads. :( If the others ever come back, they will need to resubmit this for grading.

(c) abstract
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal