Closed [Rearing Stallion] A Few For the Road(Adlard, Tourmal, Kyra)

The travelers decide to have a drink to celebrate leaving on their journey

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] A Few For the Road(Adlard, Tourmal, Kyra)

Postby Orion Michaels on December 14th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Orion, 4th Day of Winter, 512 AV

The doctor's heart was nearly in his throat as he entered the Rearing Stallion. The weight of what would happen tomorrow had him a mess of nerves. Orion had left Syliras before, but never like this. He'd simply gone along with caravans. This, this was dangerous, this was new, this was wild. One day had changed it all, and now he was leaving his home, and for the first time, he didn't know if he had intentions to return. This was no trip to see family, no trip to get away from the past. This was possibly the first step forward he'd taken in over a dozen seasons. He could only hope it wouldn't be his last.

They would be leaving tomorrow. Clyde, Tourmal, Kyra, himself, and maybe one other. How he had gotten himself in a situation as such, he really wasn't sure. A medic for a group travelling through The Wildlands? Leaving the Soothing Waters for that? "For crying out loud," he muttered, looking at the ground as he approached a stool at the bar. "I've gotten in trouble every time I've simply gone out to the Bronze Woods. This is going to be near a full season..." Bandits, traps, pumas, and even a scary redhead had left the doctor locked up inside the city. Now he would risk welcoming them all again back into his life.

"What a crazy life," he stated, sliding into his seat. He patted the bar top gently, as though patting an old friend on the shoulder. How many memories did this place hold? Or better yet, how much had he paid into this place? He'd no doubt paid someone's salary himself. Likely enough to give it a renovation, that was for sure. The company he'd lost here, pursued here, and left here with, all while countless mizas had clanked against the wooden surface. He really would miss it. Though my reputation could take the rest..

A half smile on his face, Orion looked up to the man behind the bar and motioned him over. "Might as well get a gallon of ale out here. A few others should be joining me soon, and I'll be picking up their tab tonight. This evening, we celebrate the past, and a new beginning." He tossed five golden rimmed mizas out, eyes dancing with anticipation as the coins rolled along the counter top. "This oughta keep the drinks flowing, huh?"

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adlard Brightmoor on December 14th, 2012, 10:24 pm

'Huh.' Adlard said in affirmation. He slipped the coins into his palm upturned and paced towards the ale and got to work keeping his body turned socially towards Orion.
'A gallon should do it.' he said under his breath. He brought back a small keg and filled a drink for the regular, and another for himself. He put his hands on the bar as if to speak and his eyes trailed off into the distance somewhere before walking back to another customer and filling their tankard. He spoke through nods and gestures more than he did words. A single digit on his hand. One pint? One pint. He filled another.
It was, of course a shame to see a customer go, but Orion was also a mate. A buddy. A friend, to Adlard which was not so common. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and paced back to Orion. He didn't look at him and instead looked down at a notebook in which he wrote down various calculations. Earnings, expenses, and also a short list of things needed.
He looked at into the rich pool of ale and let his mind loose for a moment. His eyes moved down to the rough spots where etchings on the bar had been polished out and he blinked soberly in memory.
'What's on your mind?' he asked, briefly looking at Orion under a raised brow.
Adlard Brightmoor
Player

Words: 11600
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 7:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on December 15th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Another day of winter was upon the city, and with the passing days the air became cooler. The temperature began to drop more each day, until the warm air and heat became visible when it touched the opposing cold air. Kyra walked the castle floor, the dark red cloak she wore, a fiery contrast to the paler shades surrounding her, also very Ravok in style made her for the visitor that she was. She had been asked by Orion to meet with him and a few others at the Rearing Stallion and headed that way.

Many things had happened since she arrived there a season ago. Whether from secret missions, dancing in Zintila's Lights, or invigorating massages, it had all been fun. There was also her more personal goal, something she had been searching for seasons past. It seemed that coming to the city had been a good idea, and Kyra had learned much in her stay there. Though there was nothing left for her in the city now, and she was heading home..to finish it.

But for her, leaving the city wasn't a bad thing, in fact she was more than ready to leave. Beyond her need to avenge her fallen friend, the city itself along with the Knights and their narrow-minded dogmatic views were irritating her to no end. Plus the place smelled horribly, and it seemed that even though there was a place to bathe, some of the people there didn't bother as much. It was best that she leave, and with her missions and search completed there was nothing to stop her.

The young kelvic continued on her way, eyes of golden embers grew larger, the tiny slits of black turned almost invisible by the days light, cast out on the people around her. It was strange, how she had entered the city with several others, yet none of them were in contact with each other. It was almost as if they were trying to avoid one another. Perhaps it had been the missions that kept them apart, or that they thought to keep the fact that they knew each other a secret. Either way, Kyra had been alone, spending her time instead with the people of the city.

Once she made it to the tavern, the kelvic stood outside for a moment, her gaze lifting and settling upon the sign above the door. She didn't have any special interest in the place, but the sign had been the first thing she had noticed on that rainy night when she arrived in the city. Kyra headed inside, allowing the door to close behind her as she released it. She parted her lips, a lingering barley visible mist escaped as she breathed out. Kyra looked around the room then, searching for those she came to visit as they had asked. She removed the hood from her head, and crossed the floor towards the bar where she saw Orion speaking to the bartender.

"Hello Orion.." she said simply in a soft tone, her nimble fingers tracing around the rim of the chairs backing, before she pulled it out and took a seat. "You called for me, I'm here..so what is this about?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on December 16th, 2012, 1:37 am

Tourmal, Winter 4, 512 AV

The day was long just like the rest but Tourmal had recently become competent enough in his trade to work on weapons. So the day did not drag on as it once did. He was parched and hungry though so he went to his normal establishment to remedy this. His friend Orion was supposed to meet him there too. The drinking buddies visited often drinking their woes away. Sometimes their woes ended in the beds of single women.

Today would not be one of those days. Tourmal had plans to leave Syliras and would have to tell Orion that tonight. It would likely be the last night that they would see each other. He had no plans of returning. In fact he had no idea where he would end up after his travels were over. Where ever it was it would be a place he felt like he fit. There was a journey to be had and it was one that would help him grow into another man. Leaving behind the psychological boy he once was.

Before he entered the tavern, he looked up at the sign. It was a stallion on its hind legs. He had seen it many times before and had overlooked it so many times. He had many memories of the place and again like his friend this would be his last. He chuckled internally thinking about the nights he had spent here, then shook his head at his past exploits and moved forward.

Upon entering the building he took a deep breath in and inhaled the familiar scent of ale in. Then looked around taking in the scenery of the poorly lit room, the faint scent of firewood in the hearth burning and the sound of merry customers sharing tales and laughs. Then he turned his attention toward the bar where he and Orion normally sat. There he saw a bright red cloak, one he recognized and out of the top of the cloak peaked a blonde head. It was Allessa. And right next to her was Orion. This left Tourmal puzzled.

The two were talking to eachother along with the tender Adlard. As the large man approached with a quizzical expression on his face he wondered how the two knew eachother. He walked up behind the two and nodded his head to Adlard for the regular. In his case it was a pint of Ale, then “Fancy seeing you here?” He looked at Allessa. Then looked at Orion, “How do you two know eachother?”
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orion Michaels on December 16th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Orion

Taking a mug for himself, the doctor drank slowly from the burning alcohol. Gods, this trip wasn't likely to have much to drink, outside of water. How horrible. Sighing, he looked up to Adlard when he spoke. "I'm...I'm leaving Syliras tomorrow." He spoke slowly, chewing each word for it's meaning, as though searching for something deeper to say. "Going to Mura. So..I guess this is just one for the road," he said, taking another deep drink from his mug. "I was excited, but now...it's a nervous excitement." It was strange to say goodbye this way. It was farewell to friends, both real, such as Adlard, and imagined, such as the Rearing Stallion itself. "I'm not terribly sure when I will return, my friend, or rather, I don't know if I will. I need a break from the city. I feel...trapped."

"Forgive my somberness. The booze will either make it better or much much worse." He gave a half smile, though his conversation was interrupted by the arrival of an expected companion. "Kyra, I'm glad you could make it." He motioned to Adlard, requesting a drink for the blond woman. "I hear you're leaving tomorrow. You wouldn't do so without saying goodbye to me, would you? Not after all the fun we had, right?" He leg out a quiet chuckle, and once again, before he could continue, another arrival. Tourmal Firemane, friend and wingman.

"Tourmal! Kyra was a client of mine at the Soothing Waters. You know how I work, bud." He topped of his drink before turning and motioning for the Drykas man to sit. "Take a load off. Rumor has it around the city that you're going to be leaving. Would you really do this without telling me?" Though his expression were bemused, his lips betrayed a smirk. He did have a secret after all.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adlard Brightmoor on December 18th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Adlard focused on Orion intently as he said he were leaving. He said little to nothing and cursored his hand over to a piece of paper which had written on it an order. He promptly casted it to the cook and returned to Orion. Adlard figured that he himself wouldn't be nervous in travel and yet he had never been outside the city, and would never foreseeably leave. Mura? He knew little of Geogoraphy except that the isle was full of Konti. An island of all women, and intelligent ones too. Adlard hardly wondered how Orion would cope.
It was no surprise Orion felt trapped. He had always been some deal socially awkward and this only made sense, that he would make an escape.
Adlard looked at the streets as they darkened and the few who shuffled across the pathways. He took a hand to his cheek and stroked the little stubble he'd left on himself. Orion still spoke, of apologies being somber and the aid of alcohol, which Adlard knew well enough. He checked the gallon and lifted another to himself and below the bar. Five gold pieces would do plenty good to keep the alcohol coming on that night. Charitable fellow, was Orion.
'You are right,' Adlard said, letting pause and Orion wait on him to continue speaking. 'You need a break from the city.'
Adlard motioned the ale and looked outside again, catching his eye on a girl in colour approaching the bar. Most noticeable was a red cloak she wore, and as she entered, Adlard noticed under which she bore great golden eyes. He had suspected a Kelvic, but wouldn't be so certain. She'd walked towards Orion and Adlard, so he supposed this was company. He searched their faces for something. He looked at the girl. Friends? He took his hands from the bar and stood straight. His eyes slid over to Orion and examined. Something more?
Adlard took to viewing neither and instead looking most unquestionably into a distance he was unaware of.
Orion said: 'Kyra, I'm glad you could make it.' and Adlard thought to himself that they were friends. No sooner had he said it was Adlard's cue. By request, he poured a drink, ale, but he'd no knowledge of what the girl wanted. If it were discovered that she prefer a slightly more tasteful drink, he had no qualms with amending the decision. He let drip down a halfpint and leaned back for a lack of orders and listened to the two. As she'd not introduced herself, he was glad by way of Orion that he could make out her name. Adlard wondered if she was a client, and, considered who else might be in Orion's company to share the night in drinks, laughter, reminiscence. Adlard let free an unintended frown and glum expression before pushing the most friendly smile onto his lips. Though often it was not his choice, Adlard could bare dangerously befriending expressions were it not his interest to keep to himself.
Orion had let something on. The emphasis of 'fun.' Orion, thought Adlard, So innocently readable. He laughed to himself and ducked his head for a moment. He wondered if Orion would elaborate, or if this was something kept subtle. Adlard would no doubt as ever speak no word of relationships to Orion, despite times when Orion had searched him for it. Adlard appeared to most almost completely aromantic. It might have been true, though Adlard had courted and found himself outmatched. He was only nearing thirty but felt too old for gaming love, or companionship. His friend had likely seeked to venture back into the world of romance. He gave a solemn smile, looking down at the drinks of the night and looked back up at Orion. But this of course, he thought, was only speculation.
Another entered: a bronzy man most likely human taking height into account. Adlard had taken to wiping the bar but let open the ale and on demand poured a drink for Tourmal, who Adlard knew. He faced the men heavily and discovered only he did not know the girl he'd now assumed a Kelvic, given a somewhat cat-like element to her face. Tourmal and Orion spoke. Adlard felt the scene had grown a fair deal more social than before, and took a foot backwards to lean into the bar. The latest to enter had likely finished his work. If Adlard recalled, a smithy. Adlard caught the eye of the waiting boy Seth in the corner of the room and noticed some sense of curiousity, almost desperation in his eyes. Adlard figured he'd not many friends but wouldn't dare invite one such as he into company such as Orion, Tourmal or the girl, Kyra.
Adlard listened to his friend explain his knowing her, and slowly, laxed, he smiled warmly and let go the cloth with which he cleaned a mug so happily.
Adlard Brightmoor
Player

Words: 11600
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 7:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyra on December 20th, 2012, 10:38 pm

"I am leaving tomorrow yes, but how did you know?" She had to wonder about it, and she was sure that she hadn't told him. In truth until recently she wasn't aware of the date herself, just that she was leaving. The trip was never supposed to be longer than a season from the start and that time had finally come. Still, he had to find out some way, was it Clyde? Had Orion met the mage and learned of this from him? It was possible being that they were all in the same city. "Did you enjoy it so much?" she asked him innocently, turning to glance at the man behind the bar who placed a drink in front of her.

The young kelvic could remember the first time that she had met Orion at the Soothing Waters. It had been her first massage and although surprising, it was very much to her liking. In fact, it had been just what she had needed after the long travel that she journeyed. Kyra hadn't been sure of how Orion felt about it since their time had been suddenly cut short by a raging customer who wanted equal service. That or he just wanted to fight Orion. Either way, she had then went about her way and she and the doctor hadn't spoken since that day.

"I did mean to come back and see you Orion, but.." her words trailed off and she picked up the mug and brought it close to her nose and sniffed it. No matter how many times she had been offered a drink, how many times she had tried it, Kyra never liked them...any of them. But she still tried them, somewhat hoping for a different result than the last one. She lifted the mug to her lips and sipped lightly, her features turning sour as she wrinkled her nose and placed the mug back onto the table. "Bleh.."

Just then another familiar scent waffled into her nose, followed by the name and voice to match it all. It was Tourmal, the bold drykas that she had met that night who fought off a couple of drunken brutes along side her. She turned back to look at him, the blondish hair tucked into the collar of her cloak turning and wrapping about her neck. Her eyes focused on him, offering him a gentle gaze as her bangs swayed and brushed against her pale cheeks. "Hello Tourmal..." she said simply.

She wasn't surprised that the two men knew each other, it seemed common, given the fact that they were both living in the same cramped city. What struck her as odd, were those who didn't know each other, but lived so close together. She was also aware that Tourmal was leaving the city. After all he was leaving with her, but for the moment she said nothing of it. It wasn't her place to tell Orion, especially if he wanted to keep it a secret, and Kyra loved secrets. "Are you alright Tourmal, I haven't seen you for some time."

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 5th, 2013, 1:02 am

Tourmal, Winter 4, 512 AV

“Client?” He looked at the two of them quizzically for a few moments before realizing what he meant. He knew how his friend worked and he doubted she was merely a client, or that was all that Orion had in mind. The smithy replied to Kyra's greeting in kind. “Hello Kyra.” A feeling he was not used to came up inside of him. Thinking of his friend working the girl who had saved his life. He thought for a brief moment that all his and the fair blonde's relationship would come to. Her being his savior in a tight situation. No! He would not have that. He would repay her somehow. Even with her being his guide he would repay her. “Yes it has been some time hasn't it. I am fine. Thank you. I see you look as beautifully as you did when we first met.”

“As for the rumor, It is true. I will be off soon.” He said with a smile then looked to Kyra holding the smile. “No, I was going to tell you I just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Sorry I have been kind of lost lately.” The past few weeks had been tough for Tourmal he had slept little and hadn't been very hungry his work was effected greatly. His production halved and after work he often found himself in a drunken stupor crawling back home. He didn't feel safe anymore in the fortress city and often woke up soaked in sweat from nightmares involving the two that he killed. He needed to get over it. He needed to get a grip on his life, but he had only shortly taken foot down that long solemn road.

After a few moments Tourmal snapped out of a trans like state recalling his deeds and shook his head slightly to clear it hoping the others would not take notice. “Well you called me here for something didn' ya? What's it all about?” He looked at Orion then to the mans drink and noticed that it had barely been touched. The Drykas then took a good long drink of his pint emptying half of it. As he finished he looked back to Orion and slammed his pint mug on the bar to spur a little competition. He smiled at his companion and gave him a wink. Something that Orion knew too well as an indication that he needs to catch up. “Whats the matter there girlie he looked at the doctor the drink too strong for you tonight you barely touched it. Perhaps you need a little honey in yours.” The smithy chortled at his last comment amused at himself.

Really he wanted to get his mind off of his troubles and to raise some spirits it was far too quiet between the three of them. And quiet drinkers were sad drinkers. After that fun was over the man looked to Kyra and noticed she had not touched her drink. Then he recalled the first time they met she had not liked wine either. Maybe the lass was just adverse to alcoholic beverages. “Kyra would you like something else. I'm sure that they have something that would suit you. Say water or milk?” He then turned to the barkeep. “How about it Adlard do you have anything else for the lady get her whatever she would like please.” The man then reached into his coinpurse and pulled out a few SM's and placed them on the bar. He then turned his attention back to the blonde vixen. “By the way when will we be leaving?” He said with a furrowed brow unsure as to what her answer would be.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets